This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Hermiod cop out?

OK in the Seige part 3 Hermiod was 'annoyed' about using there beaming tech. as a weapon, but how come on the later eps. he did it with out showing his opposition to it?

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Well because it even let us use them or die. See even the asguard have basic survival instincts.

Comment

He didn't really have much of a choice. Also, he didn't say he wouldn't do it, just that he opposed it.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

maybe he was but he didnt say anything. It is kinda hard to read emotion from an asgard

Comment

Maybe because we can't take down a hive without using the beaming like that and Hermiod is smart enough to understand that it's either us or the Wraith.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
            OK in the Seige part 3 Hermiod was 'annoyed' about using there beaming tech. as a weapon, but how come on the later eps. he did it with out showing his opposition to it?
            maybe hermiod was eventually convinced that using asgard beaming technology to beam nukes onto wraith ships was the only way to destroy wraith ships and to prevent the news that atlantis hadn't been destroyed from getting out.

Comment

Can the wraith feed off the Asgard?

Comment

The Wraith are known that if they can't feed on an organism, they would destroy it, or torture it... like Ronan for example.

Mattathias

Comment

Just 'cause they don't show him cursing in Asgard, doesn't mean he isn't. I've noticed him squinting the last few times they've done the whole "Beam a Nuke" thing. So... yeah...

Comment

because without it earth crap ships would get ownd

Comment

Yeah, he really can't prevent us from going into battle against the hive ships. He still probably doesn't approve but, really, what's he going to do? Refuse and let the ship get blown to bits? I don't think he really wants to die any more than the next sentient being. After all, he's stuck in the Pegasus galaxy. Who knows when his last memory download to transfer it to a new clone was.

Comment

Hermiod opposed using it (the beaming tech) for the same reasons that the Asgard didn't give us their weapons technology. Then he saw that the humans could put almost any technology to a military use, and thought: "What the heck?" (and) "Oh, yea...I want to survive too!"

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I think it is because he never thought about it and didn't think it would work or something. Remember, they don't think like us. Now that he knows it will work he is all for it.
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

i think his opposition to using the beaming technology in that way was because, like previously stated, it could be used as an offensive weapon. we'd be using it now on the wraith but later it could be turned on any of our enemies. i guess having the opportunity to spend more time with the crew he realized that that's not our intention and we're just trying to save lives. his little grey butt included.

Comment

Yeah, he probably realized how truly pitiful our other weapons are and that it's the only thing that really gave us a fighting chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X