Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Origins of the Replicators (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origins of the Replicators (Possible Spoilers)

Spoiler info- This revelation about the possible origin of the Replicators -- at the hands of the Ancients -- explains the answers to two nagging questions from Stargate SG-1 mythology. First, how did the spider-like Replicators, intelligent but made up of inch-long blocks, learn to create First (the first human-form Replicator made up of nanites) by simply studying the android Reese ("Unnatural Selection)? If nanite-based technology was their original form, it may well have been programmed in at a subconscious level.
    Second, it explains why the Ancient library of knowledge downloaded into Jack O'Neill's brain happened to contain the schematics for a handy-dandy weapon capable of destroying a humanoid Replicator with a single shot, by disrupting the bond between the nanites. Clearly it was a technology with which the Ancients were quite familiar.-
    This would explain why Reese was made like a child I think an Ancient wanted to perfect the Android process so they could take down the Wraith but Resse created the Replicators and killed him. If this is true then that means the Ancients/Alterens have left Enemys for earth to deal with The Replicators (gone), Wraith (still in p. Galaxy), Ori (now), and possible the Rep.'s Ancesters.
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Spoiler info-
    Spoiler:
    This revelation about the possible origin of the Replicators -- at the hands of the Ancients -- explains the answers to two nagging questions from Stargate SG-1 mythology. First, how did the spider-like Replicators, intelligent but made up of inch-long blocks, learn to create First (the first human-form Replicator made up of nanites) by simply studying the android Reese ("Unnatural Selection)? If nanite-based technology was their original form, it may well have been programmed in at a subconscious level.
    Second, it explains why the Ancient library of knowledge downloaded into Jack O'Neill's brain happened to contain the schematics for a handy-dandy weapon capable of destroying a humanoid Replicator with a single shot, by disrupting the bond between the nanites. Clearly it was a technology with which the Ancients were quite familiar.-
    This would explain why Reese was made like a child I think an Ancient wanted to perfect the Android process so they could take down the Wraith but Resse created the Replicators and killed him. If this is true then that means the Ancients/Alterens have left Enemys for earth to deal with The Replicators (gone), Wraith (still in p. Galaxy), Ori (now), and possible the Rep.'s Ancesters.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 March 2006, 07:02 PM. Reason: spoiler tags
    new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Stupid machine sent two instead of one
      Last edited by Kingomon; 22 March 2006, 10:04 AM.
      new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Yeh I like that idea, if it's true then that could bring a whole new dimension to Atlantis as they will come up against a nanite based civilisation.
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
          Yeh I like that idea, if it's true then that could bring a whole new dimension to Atlantis as they will come up against a nanite based civilisation.
          Yeah but probely they will stop them with those who want to keep it up.
          I think they will fix there programing and get tons of ZPMs from them. But at least this race explains the replicators abit like either an Ancient tried it again or sombody made Reese from the Ancient Database. but if it's from the Database the Asgard might have made it but it's unlikely. But if they stay Atlantis enemy they could borrow the Asgard Satlite to deal with them.
          new enemy of the Ori

Comment

The Repository contained a lot of information. I doubt it had information to specifically kill replicators because it was created way before the replicators came about, but it probably had a lot of information that when put together allowed Jack to build the gun.

It's not inconceivable that the Ashurans are linked to the Replicators, but I still think the writers want to keep the shows separate.

Comment

Uh......... why bother with the "Spoiler Info" disclaimer in your first paragraph when you're title itself is the meat in a spoiler info sandwich?

Comment

but then would the replicators not have eaten atlantis for the technology? and why havent they eaten the wraith yet?
                Is eaten the right word to use?

Comment

nope they're similar

Comment

Originally posted by wraithdude
                    why havent they eaten the wraith yet?
                    the wraith use bio technology so whats the point in becoming weaker by eating weaker materials (flesh vs metal)

Comment

At this point its pure speculation to debate the Asurans capabilities. For all we know they could be the opposite of the human form being that they are organic beings but have nanites in their bodies. So we have no idea what there capabilities are beyond using Ancient Lantian tech.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It may also explain why the wraith ships are made from a living tissue like material. the replicators (hot zone virus nanites) can't replicate from tissue they need advanced metals. That could explain why it was in effective on the wriath and attacked humans instead.
                        Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                          The Repository contained a lot of information. I doubt it had information to specifically kill replicators because it was created way before the replicators came about, but it probably had a lot of information that when put together allowed Jack to build the gun.

It's not inconceivable that the Ashurans are linked to the Replicators, but I still think the writers want to keep the shows separate.
                          (They put my thought in the spoiler thing)
                          We are not talking Carter we are talking "Jack" here.

I restate what I said I think either an Ancient or Asgard (useing the Database) created Reese as a child-mind so she can be controlled to battle either the eventual wraith to come or the Goa'uld but Reese then created a replicator which suprised her "Father" and intreged him then the Replicators began to replicate he did nothing beacuse he was studying them but then they went crazy and killed him.. you know the rest.
                          They figured like mckay that they could do it better they were wrong
                          new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon
                            (They put my thought in the spoiler thing)
                            We are not talking Carter we are talking "Jack" here.

I restate what I said I think either an Ancient or Asgard (useing the Database) created Reese as a child-mind so she can be controlled to battle either the eventual wraith to come or the Goa'uld but Reese then created a replicator which suprised her "Father" and intreged him then the Replicators began to replicate he did nothing beacuse he was studying them but then they went crazy and killed him.. you know the rest.
                            They figured like mckay that they could do it better they were wrong
                            Why would an Asgard create a humanoid thingie? And why would an Ancient do it after the obvious failure with the Ashurans?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              Why would an Asgard create a humanoid thingie? And why would an Ancient do it after the obvious failure with the Ashurans?
                              An Asgard would make it so something can keep the goa'uld from geting too powerful but the machines turned against the Asgard because they created them this time. Later when they got reese they did not want to risk makeing more so they just activeated the return program.

For an army to send against the wraith picture the replicators as a by product and they made her like a child to make her not do the same as the Ashurans but she created the replicators that was not as planed and they turned out to be worse then the Ashurans(my opinion).

Either would explain why she was so Impresive in tec and her intel reach were she created Reps.
                              new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Working...
                              X