PDA

View Full Version : Origins of the Replicators (Possible Spoilers)

Kingomon
March 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
Spoiler info- This revelation about the possible origin of the Replicators -- at the hands of the Ancients -- explains the answers to two nagging questions from Stargate SG-1 mythology. First, how did the spider-like Replicators, intelligent but made up of inch-long blocks, learn to create First (the first human-form Replicator made up of nanites) by simply studying the android Reese ("Unnatural Selection)? If nanite-based technology was their original form, it may well have been programmed in at a subconscious level.
Second, it explains why the Ancient library of knowledge downloaded into Jack O'Neill's brain happened to contain the schematics for a handy-dandy weapon capable of destroying a humanoid Replicator with a single shot, by disrupting the bond between the nanites. Clearly it was a technology with which the Ancients were quite familiar.-
This would explain why Reese was made like a child I think an Ancient wanted to perfect the Android process so they could take down the Wraith but Resse created the Replicators and killed him. If this is true then that means the Ancients/Alterens have left Enemys for earth to deal with The Replicators (gone), Wraith (still in p. Galaxy), Ori (now), and possible the Rep.'s Ancesters.

Kingomon
March 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
Spoiler info- This revelation about the possible origin of the Replicators -- at the hands of the Ancients -- explains the answers to two nagging questions from Stargate SG-1 mythology. First, how did the spider-like Replicators, intelligent but made up of inch-long blocks, learn to create First (the first human-form Replicator made up of nanites) by simply studying the android Reese ("Unnatural Selection)? If nanite-based technology was their original form, it may well have been programmed in at a subconscious level.
Second, it explains why the Ancient library of knowledge downloaded into Jack O'Neill's brain happened to contain the schematics for a handy-dandy weapon capable of destroying a humanoid Replicator with a single shot, by disrupting the bond between the nanites. Clearly it was a technology with which the Ancients were quite familiar.-
This would explain why Reese was made like a child I think an Ancient wanted to perfect the Android process so they could take down the Wraith but Resse created the Replicators and killed him. If this is true then that means the Ancients/Alterens have left Enemys for earth to deal with The Replicators (gone), Wraith (still in p. Galaxy), Ori (now), and possible the Rep.'s Ancesters.

Kingomon
March 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
Stupid machine sent two instead of one

The Ori
March 22nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Yeh I like that idea, if it's true then that could bring a whole new dimension to Atlantis as they will come up against a nanite based civilisation.

Kingomon
March 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Yeh I like that idea, if it's true then that could bring a whole new dimension to Atlantis as they will come up against a nanite based civilisation.
Yeah but probely they will stop them with those who want to keep it up.
I think they will fix there programing and get tons of ZPMs from them. But at least this race explains the replicators abit like either an Ancient tried it again or sombody made Reese from the Ancient Database. but if it's from the Database the Asgard might have made it but it's unlikely. But if they stay Atlantis enemy they could borrow the Asgard Satlite to deal with them.

FallenAngelII
March 22nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
The Repository contained a lot of information. I doubt it had information to specifically kill replicators because it was created way before the replicators came about, but it probably had a lot of information that when put together allowed Jack to build the gun.

It's not inconceivable that the Ashurans are linked to the Replicators, but I still think the writers want to keep the shows separate.

Bragi
March 22nd, 2006, 10:32 AM
Uh......... why bother with the "Spoiler Info" disclaimer in your first paragraph when you're title itself is the meat in a spoiler info sandwich?

_WraithQueen_
March 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
but then would the replicators not have eaten atlantis for the technology? and why havent they eaten the wraith yet?
Is eaten the right word to use?

NakedJehutyV2
March 22nd, 2006, 11:34 AM
nope they're similar

G0t3nks
March 22nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
why havent they eaten the wraith yet?

the wraith use bio technology so whats the point in becoming weaker by eating weaker materials (flesh vs metal)

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 22nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
At this point its pure speculation to debate the Asurans capabilities. For all we know they could be the opposite of the human form being that they are organic beings but have nanites in their bodies. So we have no idea what there capabilities are beyond using Ancient Lantian tech.

jash
March 23rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
It may also explain why the wraith ships are made from a living tissue like material. the replicators (hot zone virus nanites) can't replicate from tissue they need advanced metals. That could explain why it was in effective on the wriath and attacked humans instead.

Kingomon
March 23rd, 2006, 09:27 AM
The Repository contained a lot of information. I doubt it had information to specifically kill replicators because it was created way before the replicators came about, but it probably had a lot of information that when put together allowed Jack to build the gun.

It's not inconceivable that the Ashurans are linked to the Replicators, but I still think the writers want to keep the shows separate.
(They put my thought in the spoiler thing)
We are not talking Carter we are talking "Jack" here.

I restate what I said I think either an Ancient or Asgard (useing the Database) created Reese as a child-mind so she can be controlled to battle either the eventual wraith to come or the Goa'uld but Reese then created a replicator which suprised her "Father" and intreged him then the Replicators began to replicate he did nothing beacuse he was studying them but then they went crazy and killed him.. you know the rest.
They figured like mckay that they could do it better they were wrong

FallenAngelII
March 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
(They put my thought in the spoiler thing)
We are not talking Carter we are talking "Jack" here.

I restate what I said I think either an Ancient or Asgard (useing the Database) created Reese as a child-mind so she can be controlled to battle either the eventual wraith to come or the Goa'uld but Reese then created a replicator which suprised her "Father" and intreged him then the Replicators began to replicate he did nothing beacuse he was studying them but then they went crazy and killed him.. you know the rest.
They figured like mckay that they could do it better they were wrong

Why would an Asgard create a humanoid thingie? And why would an Ancient do it after the obvious failure with the Ashurans?

Kingomon
March 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Why would an Asgard create a humanoid thingie? And why would an Ancient do it after the obvious failure with the Ashurans?
An Asgard would make it so something can keep the goa'uld from geting too powerful but the machines turned against the Asgard because they created them this time. Later when they got reese they did not want to risk makeing more so they just activeated the return program.

For an army to send against the wraith picture the replicators as a by product and they made her like a child to make her not do the same as the Ashurans but she created the replicators that was not as planed and they turned out to be worse then the Ashurans(my opinion).

Either would explain why she was so Impresive in tec and her intel reach were she created Reps.

Peoples_General
March 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM

If people stopped trying to perfect from past mistakes in developing new tech, we'd still be riding horses and fighting with swords right now.

I think that whoever built Reese probably wanted to create a new version of the Asurans to fight the Wraith or whatever enemy they were facing.

O'Neil
March 23rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
I thought the young girl they found on the deserted planet made them. Her "father" built her, and then she created the replicators as "toys" to keep her company, but they turned on killed the people.

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 23rd, 2006, 02:20 PM
I think its meant to be that the Ancients indirectly created the replicators. Possibly that an Ancient or a descendant of an Ancient used the nanite technology to create an advanced android. This android in turn used the nanites to create 'toys' which she gave two orders. To survive and replicate and over time they replicated into such numbers that she could no longer control them.

Bragi
March 23rd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Am I having deja vu?

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Actually its entirely possible that unlike the Asurans, Reese might not have been created to fight. Her mind was kind of underdeveloped and you would not technically send something with the mind of a child into something as deep as war. You either create something ruthless or something which is devoid of emotion those are what you create for war. I mean its entirely possible that an Ancient created Reese just as an experiment. I mean the idea alone of creating an artificial human android is a great feat and for a scientist worthy of doing.

Also it makes no sense for the Asgard to create her. I mean they didnt even know she existed and it would be kind of difficult for the Asgard Plus as I understand it the Asgard had an advantage in almost every field against the Pre-Anubis Goa'uld. I mean why concern yourself with troops when you have almost complete space superiority and technology to simply beam the enemy into no where.

Kingomon
March 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Also it makes no sense for the Asgard to create her. I mean they didnt even know she existed and it would be kind of difficult for the Asgard Plus as I understand it the Asgard had an advantage in almost every field against the Pre-Anubis Goa'uld. I mean why concern yourself with troops when you have almost complete space superiority and technology to simply beam the enemy into no where.
The Asgard don't want to have to watch over them over and over again so they created Reese with low intelgence so they could slowly have her learn
so she can care for life as well as have knowledge. She was a test that would at one point be turned into one who would lead them through to apoint in which they were ready to know of the Asgard. Plus when shes ready give her knowledge of Asgard to be able to assited them in reasurce so they don't have to review there knowledge they have someone who ca give them the info.
And Finally maybe the Ancients told them about the Wraith and that one day the Wraith might find a pice of atlantis and be able to find Earth and at the time Ra was on earth so that ment they would learn of other worlds that humans were placed by goa'uld so that would indanger the humans that are primative and possible so they try to find tec that can help so they find out about the mistake the ancients made so they try to perfect it but fail.
Then they get reese act like they don't know of her because they forgot about her so they don't fix her because of the danger so they use her to cammand them to come to her and decide to seal them until they can find the tec the ancients used.

Any how thats just for Asagrd it could have been a Ancient

LORD MONK
March 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
They aren't like the Replicators. They are Androids. Reece is an Android that made the Replicators. The Replicators are the ones that eat metal. You didn't see reece eating metal. Someone made Reece 9(not the Asgard) Reece made the Replicators. Replicators destroy world. Asgard shows up and wants to know what is going on because the planet falls under there treaty with the Qua'uld and they find the replicators. The Asgard destroys them except for one. They take that one back to there Galaxy and it starts making more and now can't be destroyed by the weapon they already used.

I can't wait to see these new Androids. there is like millions of them and they have there own flying city. If they can make ZPM's in there city then maybe that will be the key to finding the lab that makes them in Atlantis.

TPL2005
March 25th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Regardless of whether the Asurans are directly connected to the Replicators or not, i wouldn't be surprised if it was an Ancient scientist that created Reese. Ancients seem to have an annoying habit of leaving their technology around.

Think about it:
-the life generator on Dakara
-the time machine that looped
-the puddle jumper with time travel capability
-the thing that destroyed stargates
-the containment vessel for the creature in Atlantis (hide and seek)
-that healing device Telchak got his hands on
-that thing that let people see those creatures

I can imagine a Ancient scientist coming back from Atlantis and carrying on with his/her nano-technology and/or integrating it into Reese. After all she created replicators via nano-technology.

Kingomon
March 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Regardless of whether the Asurans are directly connected to the Replicators or not, i wouldn't be surprised if it was an Ancient scientist that created Reese. Ancients seem to have an annoying habit of leaving their technology around.

Think about it:
-the life generator on Dakara
-the time machine that looped
-the puddle jumper with time travel capability
-the thing that destroyed stargates
-the containment vessel for the creature in Atlantis (hide and seek)
-that healing device Telchak got his hands on
-that thing that let people see those creatures

I can imagine a Ancient scientist coming back from Atlantis and carrying on with his/her nano-technology and/or integrating it into Reese. After all she created replicators via nano-technology.

Thats what I'm saying the Replicators was an Accidentley I belive it would be an Ancient or somebody who had contact with the Database that tryed to make a better android but it falled