X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate movies forthcoming?

This was posted in the usenet newsgroup alt.tv.stargate-sg1 earlier today:
    Originally posted by Bizarro7
    Just passing the following along from someone who attended the STARGATE SG-1
    programming at San Diego Comicon, this past weekend:

"1) Hank Cohen, Pres. of MGM, announced that there will be 2 Stargate movies.
    One of them will go direct to DVD and will be treated as a lost episode set in
    Season 2. The second movie will be a feature. Christopher Judge quipped that he
    is excited about wearing eyeshadow again.

2) Sci-fi Channel, and only Sci-fi Channel, knows whether or not there will be
    a 9th season. MGM et al is still waiting to hear the decision. From the stage,
    Michael Shanks and Christopher Judge ganged up on the Sci=fi VP there and put
    microphones in front of his face, prompting him to spill it, but he was very
    cool and just said "I repeat, I did not have..."
    Very interesting, if true... Interesting, and weird. (A direct-to-video movie set in 1998? Why 1998?)
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Maybe based on this: Circle of Time

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
      Very interesting, if true... Interesting, and weird. (A direct-to-video movie set in 1998? Why 1998?)
      Very, very strange...very strange. That's going to require a lot more than just eyeshadow!

I wonder if they meant set during season 2 of Atlantis? Nah...that doesn't make any sense either, does it? I'd love to see a video of Hank Cohen saying that...just to be sure of the context and meaning.

Thanks for posting that!
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
        Very, very strange...very strange. That's going to require a lot more than just eyeshadow!
        I guess they must be having some very specific plans for whatever story they're planning to tell, setting it in a passed timeframe like that...

Comment

Hey, we get to see Apophis again.

Comment

Originally posted by Klems
            Hey. That's not funny.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I don't know, I don't like it when information is "Just passed along from someone who attended the STARGATE SG-1 programming at San Diego Comicon". Who knew a friend, who's got a sister that's doing the janitor of MGM Studios, who cleans the rooms of the producers who saw a paper on the desk.

Until I hear or can read a quote directly from Hank or somebody like Joe Mallozzi, something that GateWorld can confirm. I think we all should say this is a rumor at best.

Though if this was true, I'd like to know their motivation for making a "lost" episode of Season 2. And then another movie set in the current time frame. It should be interesting...

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I while back I remember there was a rumor about a easter egg hidden episode on the season 2 dvd. of course it wasn't true, but maybe they did actually film the episode are only releasing it now.
                My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                  I while back I remember there was a rumor about a easter egg hidden episode on the season 2 dvd. of course it wasn't true, but maybe they did actually film the episode are only releasing it now.
                  We need a [rumor] tag.

That could maybe sort of kinda be possible. If it turned out to be true, I'd be amazed that TPTB could have managed to keep it a secret for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    I don't know, I don't like it when information is "Just passed along from someone who attended the STARGATE SG-1 programming at San Diego Comicon". Who knew a friend, who's got a sister that's doing the janitor of MGM Studios, who cleans the rooms of the producers who saw a paper on the desk.
                    The way it was written, it sounds like it just might be true. But I'm thinking we should have heard something more official by now.
                    Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                    The rumor said there was a lost episode called 'Lost'. Now, if that rumor turns out to be true, I'll eat my hat!

Besides, the post seemed to indicate that this "season 2" movie had yet to be filmed.

Comment

My bet is that the lost season 2 episode direct-to-video movie is actually the long-rumored season 2 episode that never saw the day of light often referred to as "Lost". However, I'm glad MGM still wants to do an SG-1 movie, but the question bekons, how will they get RDA back from retirement after SG-1 ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Klems
                        Yey!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          The way it was written, it sounds like it just might be true. But I'm thinking we should have heard something more official by now.
                          That's what I was thinking. If Hank Cohen, President of MGM Television, said something like that I would think there would be major buzzage about it and a press release...if only to take advantage of the recent high ratings. Maybe that's just me, though.

The post did seem to indicate that he was talking about something set during Season 2, but that's really wrong...and weird...and wrong...did I mention wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Yey!!!
                            No.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                              <Snipped by FHB>
                              Until I hear or can read a quote directly from Hank or somebody like Joe Mallozzi, something that GateWorld can confirm. I think we all should say this is a rumor at best.
                              < Rest snipped by FHB >
                              Ace
                              I agree.I'll wait and see the official facts too.
                              There's been loads of speculation for years about SG-1 movies/lost eps,so I've learned to be wary !

(No offence intended,U.P., or anyone else .I'm not trying to put a damper on anyone else's POV ! OK? )
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X