This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US Ratings are in

According to information from the programming department of the Sci-Fi Channel, Doctor Who did well its first night in broadcast. 1.58 million viewers tuned in to watch "Rose," says the report, with 1.61 million viewers watching "The End of the World" and .78 million viewers each watching "Rose" and "The End of the World" in their 11pm and 12am repeat slots. These numbers are somewhat lower than the standard viewing the channel received for its broadcasts of its original series "Stargate: Atlantis" and "Battlestar Galactica" in the same time slots, but higher than any broadcast of syndicated series that evening (including repeats of "Firefly" and "John Doe"). Final numbers including Nielsen rankings should be available within the next week or two. (Thanks to Joey Reynolds)
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

I was hoping for better, but still the highest rating thats cool
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

These aren't bad considering it was a St Patrick's Day with most of the celebration occurring in the evening. Its encouraging to see the numbers rise between Rose and TEOTW.

Comment

I hope they will get higher, and judging from how traffic on the mesage board increaded i think it might

Comment

i reckon that the ratings will only really go up when ep 6 airs and then theyll rise and keep on going up and up and up !!!
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

IMO after rummaging through various BBs, technorati.com and reviews I remain cautiously optimistic that the show will find an audience. Several are catching the show on the repeats.

The show is so radically different from current drama and SciFi shows that the majority of new viewers are adopting:
            "It was good, TEOTW was much better than Rose. I'm not hooked but am curious to see the next episode."

The few that did not like the show typically cited its campiness, low F/X and "its not BSG!".

There are a few new viewers that are so hooked they are having endless Squee! fests w/ their flists. BTW If I see another OC Ben montage background I'll scream!

Comment

Originally posted by lastro
              IMO after rummaging through various BBs, technorati.com and reviews I remain cautiously optimistic that the show will find an audience. Several are catching the show on the repeats.

The show is so radically different from current drama and SciFi shows that the majority of new viewers are adopting:
              "It was good, TEOTW was much better than Rose. I'm not hooked but am curious to see the next episode."
              Mmm, I suppose if you don't really know Dr Who it might be seen as "radically different", I don't see it myself.

Ratings will drop before they ever go up, more people would have tuned in out of the 'curiosity factor' then anything else, but still looking at the lowest rating episodes of SG/SGA 1.5+ is not too bad for what is, lets face it, a foreign programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                Mmm, I suppose if you don't really know Dr Who it might be seen as "radically different", I don't see it myself.
                To the general American audience, anything British is "radically different".

Generally speaking, we have become such an insular society that many of us view Canada as "strange and exotic".

Personally speaking, I grew watching many BBC programs on PBS, so I don't see it as "radically different".
                Doctor Who is much better than 99.9% of the stuff on television here.

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                Ratings will drop before they ever go up, more people would have tuned in out of the 'curiosity factor' then anything else, but still looking at the lowest rating episodes of SG/SGA 1.5+ is not too bad for what is, lets face it, a foreign programme.
                Maybe not. As Lastro pointed out, it was St. Patrick's Day.

Originally posted by Lastro
                These aren't bad considering it was a St Patrick's Day with most of the celebration occurring in the evening. Its encouraging to see the numbers rise between Rose and TEOTW.
                Americans rarely miss an opportunity to celebrate...especially when there's beer.

It will be interesting to see the numbers as the weeks go by.

The best thing the Sci-Fi Channel can do is keep running repeats of the first two episodes.
                It may have a good chance of catching on.

Comment

I don't think it was mentioned here but a reliable OG source has Household ratings.

3/19 - Household Rating Points
                  SG-1 Repeat: 1.2
                  ROSE: 1.6
                  TEOTW: 1.6

This can now be compared to SciFiWire/Gateworld rating points.

This is simply the first inning of a long baseball so we can't read too much into the numbers yet. Time will tell.

Comment

Hmm...wonder why the ratings for Dr. Who are in but no sign of the previous week's stargate and BSG finale ratings.

1.6 isn't bad, though I was expecting a bit higher. I think Drwho'srose is right - the ratings will probably dip or remain constant at best. People turned in for the curiosity factor and may tune out next week if it wasn't to their liking. Viewers are such a fickle bunch.

I'm curious if Dr.Who is going to be the anchor when the Stargates premiere in July and how that will affect everyone's ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Hmm...wonder why the ratings for Dr. Who are in but no sign of the previous week's stargate and BSG finale ratings.
                      WHO numbers were obtained from a SciFi marketing source via a reputable member of the "Outpost Gallifrey" forum instead of the SciFi Wire Monday ratings report.

Comment

I find you need to let the show get going before you make a decidion but again I watch DW growing up and enjoyed it, It diffiernt, but I think we need different

Comment

I think those are fine ratings, and I doubt that they will go anywhere but down.

Shows do not grow that much. Everyone who wanted to watch Who would have watched it.

Comment

Not too bad ratings all things considered. Especially since it is quite a bit different from the other stuff scifi channel usually shows. I hope it can keep this up. ^_^ I'll be watching!
                            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

they are at least higher then most of the stuff on Scifi

Comment

Working...
                              X