PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see in season three?

The_Tsid.
March 13th, 2006, 06:34 AM
I have 3 simple request.

1. That the atlantis expedition start using their brains to out smart their enemies rather than falling into each trap and getting out by pure luck and chance. McKay's ego aside.

2. Cool Ancients that actually speak ancient. The encounters we've seen so far have left me disappointed. The ancients should be more like how the character jack o'neill when his head contained the library of ancient knowledge or that cool chic they defrosted in antartica with healing powers or even Orlin making emeralds in the Microwave. The type that can build big honking space guns out of every day kitchen appliances. Let them get one of those guys for just one episode. Not these emotional sissy pants that all speak english.

3. And the Asursans. Finally someone who might get them to use the one thing they are not using...their brains.

Anyhows...What do you want to see?

Chutzpah
March 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I want to know more information about why the Ancients lost the war. I don't buy the whole "we were outnumbered" thing. In the episode "condemed" we saw a single drone take out a wraith cruiser.

Finding out more about the city they are in. Like an episode which just focuses on some cool piece of technology they have found in there. What it does i have no idea, but ill leave it up to the writers.

Zales
March 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM
What do I want to see in season 3, Ori Vs Wraith, I know it won't happen but it would kind of be nice to have the Old ancient vs wraith war back again, and it would bring alot of cool special effects. And besides they are both coming to earth, if only they could meet on the way.

deadman
March 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM
The Wraith to start changing all their ship to intergalactic.

Blitz
March 14th, 2006, 04:13 AM
I want to see *thinks* no reset button, I dont mind the reset button, but I'd like it used less...

*thinks some more* a hot new character like Lorne (both of them) :D

*thinks some more* and the chance for me learn how to write scripts with the script writers because that would be fabulous

oh, erm, more space battles, more depth, more Beckett (with face fuz) and more Weir

Presley_Carter
March 14th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I want to see...

A planet that is Hindu - I want to see a big bollywood dance number.

More Liz

Less Rodney

More Teyla development

Auralis
March 14th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Basicaly just one thing, stop making the brightest and best earth has to offer into morons to generate a plot.

Blitz
March 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Basicaly just one thing, stop making the brightest and best earth has to offer into morons to generate a plot.

We are morans tho!! :cameron:

Erm...people make mistakes...part fo life. I'm sure you make lots! And I'm sure youd make even more thrown into another galaxy with military and civis who both have different agendas and yada yada yda

Seriously....how many mistakes technically have their been. Best and brightest SCIENTISTS....from what I can think of...not many scientist muck ups....

anyway off topic....

Something else I'd want to see is more Lantian buildings offworld..more insight into their social lives and architecture (facinates me)

FoolishPleasure
March 14th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I still want to see exploration of Atlantis itself.

No "reset" button on episodes. If something happens to one of our group, lets see ramifications down the road.

I'd like to see Major Lorne get a first name, and Sgt. "Chuck" the console guy should get an official name.

No more Shep flirting or alien prom queens oogling him. He is a good soldier. Show it. Give him some backstory too. That might bring my husband back to this show. Maybe.

I'd like to see time travelling Janus return.

Lets see things get tougher for our group - the Deddy can't come as often, or contact with Earth severed again.

Let's have a recurring Wraith villian that we can get to know and love/hate. Like Ba'al or Apophis over on SG1.

More Ronon and Teyla (I kinda like those two together). :)

I'd like to see Dr. Kavanagh again.

Chemp
March 14th, 2006, 12:07 PM
How about a new enemy.Don't get me wrong I like them they were fresh but they're not so evergreen like the goa'uld were.I read the spoilers for progeny and those replicator things
:wraithanime11:
Spoilers:
The Asurans, as Niam reveals to Dr. Weir, are not biologically Lantian. They are artificial lifeforms that evolved from a Lantian experiment to create powerful and aggressive nanites to attack the Wraith on a cellular level

do not sound really new.:replicatoranime01:

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 12:19 PM
What about the Wraith ascending and attacking atlantis that way

Chemp
March 14th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Then the wraith would become smilar to the ori and the shows would become more alike.And they would not have to feed in a way do now.
they would not gain anything of use to them.

siXbrownSnakes2
March 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM
1) No reset, have arcs and character feelings ~_~

2) IMO, the wraith need to evolve or something. Have them build a massive new hive ship that the ancient weapons that we possess can't destroy. SOMETHING that makes the Wraith feel more like a threat. After camelot, I like the Ori 20x better as an enemy, they're one that is way more powerful than us and feels like a threat. The Goa'uld felt like a threat in S3 of SG-1, why can't the Wraith feel like a threat now? Every time we come across them we're not even scratched.

3) DEFINATE Character development. Part of this ties into the 'reset' button. One of the things (in better wording, only things) that I like about Galactica is the massive amount of depth in their characters. Baltar is one of the deepest, most advanced characters I've ever seen in Sci-fi. Atlantis needs to turn it's characters into thought out, emotional people instead of dolls there to spit out lines.

And while I'm talking about it, make a Ronan arc. Make him useful. We have enough warriors on the team. 3 is it? The archaeological element that Daniel provides to the SG-1 team was another extremely good dimension to the show. Can you imagine Daniel being replaced by a brute force warrior?

If the team had someone who could actually read ancient fluently/have knowledge in history the writers could do SO MUCH MORE. Example: Adding English mythology/legends to SG1 to replace the Goa'uld in 3 episodes. We couldn't have done that without Daniel. Or we could have, but it would have been 5% as interesting.

Diving into mythology and making twists on it was one of the things that made Stargate what it is today. Atlantis is missing that element.

Please, give Ronan a use, or he's a waste of a character, IMO.

Morgania
March 14th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Lorne gets a first name and is in lots more episodes
Sheppard stops "kirking"
A Wraith leader
Less McKay, more Zelenka
More Ancient technology

mckaychick
March 14th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Alot more Zelenka!

Morgania
March 14th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Alot more Zelenka!

Poor underrated Czech.

mckaychick
March 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah very underrated!

ShadowMaat
March 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM
1. That the atlantis expedition start using their brains to out smart their enemies rather than falling into each trap and getting out by pure luck and chance. McKay's ego aside.
Gods yes, please. And how about using their brains to avoid trouble in the first place? They fall into traps that headless chickens would avoid. :rolleyes:

Amen on the "no reset button" request, too.

And please, please, PLEASE O Gods of Mercy, can we PLEASE have Sheppard acting like a mature adult and NOT like a horny teenager? NO MORE KIRKING. Nothing takes away from a good ep faster than concentrating on your male lead's man-whoring and ignoring the plot. Also, despite what the writers and the character himself may think, he's not sex on legs. Not every woman on every planet everywhere is going to be trying to get into his pants.

Second the character development. Let's remember that Shep and McKay aren't the only ones on the team... and that there's more to McKay than his ego and more to Shep (I hope) than his libido.

More or Lorne not dying. And maybe let us know that his name is Marcus. :D

And again, can we have a return to INTELLIGENT characters and INTELLIGENT plots, please?

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 03:39 PM
how about the Wraith team up with those Nano-Ancients

Cherriey
March 14th, 2006, 04:17 PM
More Atlantis class ships! =0)

HirogenGater
March 14th, 2006, 04:46 PM
We are morans tho!! :cameron:

Erm...people make mistakes...part fo life. I'm sure you make lots! And I'm sure youd make even more thrown into another galaxy with military and civis who both have different agendas and yada yada yda

Too true. I think the episodes are believable.

Major Tyler
March 14th, 2006, 04:48 PM
What do you want to see in Season 3?Ford!!!! :ford:

ShadowMaat
March 14th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Bringing Ford back would require continuity. Can't have that. :P

Besides, Ford might steal the girls away from Shep. Can't have that, either. ;) He can steal me away anytime, though. Much prefer Ford to Shep. He's cuter and he's more fun as a character. Not that he was given much development, of course. *sigh*

I think folks have been craving better character development since S1. Ford is only the first in a long line of victims.

Still, it WOULD be nice to see him again. I'd like him to gradually slip back into some semblance of the old Ford. More world-weary and angsty over what he's done, but less psychotic. :P

ToasterOnFire
March 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM
-I'll echo other posters and ask that the team stop making dumb decisions. Their actions in Coup d'Etat, Michael, and Allies really hurt otherwise great eps, IMO. The Atlantis team is supposed to be the best and brightest available - they should be acting like it.

-If the team has to make foolish mistakes, have them be responsible for their actions. I can't imagine that the SGC is too pleased with their recent decisions.

-If TPTB is going to delve into deeper plotlines like torture, actually do it. Don't pretend that Atlantis is a deeper, darker show and then spare the characters of their decisions and responsibilities at the last second.

-Stop hitting the Big Reset Button. If TPTB is going to go to the trouble of having something physically or emotionally traumatic happen to a character, extend the consequences beyond that episode.

-More backstory and screentime for Weir, Teyla, Carson, and Ronon. We still know next to nothing about them - where they came from, what they're motivations are, etc. Shep desperately needs backstory and development too, as long as it doesn't depend on the opposite sex. I'm happy with Rodney, but I would like to see him starting to learn from his faults rather than resetting back at the start of each ep (see point above).

-No kirking. Have guest female characters that aren't the object of flirtation by Shep or McKay. If there must be kirking, give it to someone other than Shep. Hell, be really daring and let one of the women get in on the kirking action.

-No more possessed kissing. TPTB has a poor record on canon main character ship - it's not going to get any better on Atlantis.

-More on the Ancients. More exploration of Atlantis.

-Develop the wraith or dump them. The Genii are much more interesting and complex as an enemy.

Major Tyler
March 14th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I too would like to see Sheppard "keep a leash on the beast" a little more often. I miss the old days when John would actually talk to a woman and develop some semblance of an emotional attachment before "sampling the native cuisine." Hell, he knew Chaya for almost a day before he "mixed business with pleasure"...now all they have to do is drop their clothes and before you can say "I hope she doesn't have a disease" he's doing the horizontal mamba.

atlantisrocks
March 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Ford!!!! :ford:
I second that!:ford:

Along with no more kirking, more character development, and more thought put into the plot.:)

It would be great to see more women with brains (Sora, Perna, etc.), than the number of bimbos we have seen this season ("The Tower" for example). You know, actually have the women there for a reason other than being "hot.";)

cpl.maxpower
March 14th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I would definatley like to see more ford, i think it was a shame for him to end up the way he did he seemed to be the more soldier type on hr team no sheppardi kind of flaunting around I mean the guy gets promoted to col. and doesnt really do anything but whine. anyway i would also like to see what happens with the orion it could probably be used in a good way against both the wraith and the orii

borg
March 15th, 2006, 12:56 AM
why should the wraith ascend?
come on, then the asgard, the nox, the himans, the jaffa, all of them have to ascend.

and the producers of the show, and us the fans.

the ori and the ancients are enough for the ascended beeings.

in seaseon 3 i want the wraith gone, defeated, what ever, cause i hate them, not because they are bad or anything, but because they are horrible. I myself could of created a better villan then the wraith.

there should be another enemy there. Like in sg1, the Goa'uld. they were so cool. or the replicators. even the ori.

but noooo, they had to make the stupidest villan ever existing.: a life sucking creature. like we don't have enough of them in cartoons.

FoolishPleasure
March 15th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I'm in the Ford club as well - bring him back for a few episodes so he can at least redeem himself and go home. Guy deserves that at least. Or bring him to Atlantis and make him recurring, like Lorne, Zelenka, etc.

As for hot babes - why do they all have to look like they are in their teens and 20's? Women can be beautiful, intelligent and have hot bods in their late 30's-40's as well. Put Shep with a woman his own age, or better yet - just show older women who are attractive, intelligent, and who don't have to smush face with anyone to be interesting!

ShadowMaat
March 15th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Said this on the Lorne thread but I'll repeat it here:

How about a story where some alien vixen comes on to Lorne and then- get this- LORNE RESISTS! He completely rebuffs her and even manages to expose her nefarious plan and stop her from doing something truly evil.

* It proves that there are intelligent characters left in Atlantis
* It makes a nice contrast to Shep Bigalow
* It shows that Shep isn't the only one capable of attracting female attention
* It proves the dangers of giving in to your libido

Throw in a Shirtless Lorne scene and the ep would be perfect. :D

Morgania
March 15th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Said this on the Lorne thread but I'll repeat it here:

How about a story where some alien vixen comes on to Lorne and then- get this- LORNE RESISTS! He completely rebuffs her and even manages to expose her nefarious plan and stop her from doing something truly evil.

* It proves that there are intelligent characters left in Atlantis
* It makes a nice contrast to Shep Bigalow
* It shows that Shep isn't the only one capable of attracting female attention
* It proves the dangers of giving in to your libido

Throw in a Shirtless Lorne scene and the ep would be perfect. :D

Thats a good idea, ShadowMaat. :D

FallenAngelII
March 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM
1) People need to stop whining about them falling into traps. So far, they haven't fallen into any traps. They have only been betrayed by unforeseen circumstances. How could they have known the Genii or the Brotherhood would turn on them? The "alliance" with Michael's hive wasn't voluntary. They had no choice.
2) The simple issue of: Then we'd have to subtitle what they said and the expedition would have problems understanding the ancients.

ShadowMaat: I agree on everything you said. Shirtless Lorne to the people!

siXbrownSnakes2
March 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Sending Rodney and Ronan up to the ship was dumb.

Thinking the wraith weren't fooling them with the jamming codes was dumb. I knew all along that was a hoax.

Thinking that the only motive of the wraith was to get the retrovirus was dumb.

At least Teyla had SOME suspicion when she said, "They are Wraith."

An episode I'd like to see is something where we actually EXPLORE the oceans under Atlantis, who knows what is down there--the war was fought on this planet for a long time, after all.

I'd also like to have more episodes that deal with mythology, but we can't do that as we don't have a character who can give that to us!

rarocks24
March 15th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I want to see...

More Liz

Less Rodney

More Teyla development
Dare I say Bombay Dreams?

RyantheGreat
March 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I think the crew does have their own Daniel, they just don't realize it.

They could develop Teyla into what I suspect she was originally meant to be; their "guide" to the Pegasus galaxy, namely it's myths and legends. If need be, hook her up to some Ancient device so she can "learn" all the old languages of the Pegasus galaxy, including Ancient. So what if she can also kick butt? It's not like Daniel hasn't suddenly taken to carrying around a machine gun. It'd also be nice if the mythology of the Pegasus galaxy was somehow tied to ours, simply so that we could follow it on our own. Atlantis was a Greek legend, so maybe some Greek gods?

I like the Wraith. But I wouldn't mind a bit of individualism with them, yes. Part of what made the Goa'uld so interesting was the different Gods. So far we don't even know if the Wraith have names. I think Michael is a good start toward that, however. (Although what would be killer would be a Wraith with a symbiote...)

peterJS
March 15th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Lets see a new ally for atlantis and ally with some good advanced technology so they have ships and stuff to fight the wraith.

siXbrownSnakes2
March 15th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I think the crew does have their own Daniel, they just don't realize it.

They could develop Teyla into what I suspect she was originally meant to be; their "guide" to the Pegasus galaxy, namely it's myths and legends. If need be, hook her up to some Ancient device so she can "learn" all the old languages of the Pegasus galaxy, including Ancient. So what if she can also kick butt? It's not like Daniel hasn't suddenly taken to carrying around a machine gun. It'd also be nice if the mythology of the Pegasus galaxy was somehow tied to ours, simply so that we could follow it on our own. Atlantis was a Greek legend, so maybe some Greek gods?

I'd like to see it too, but they can't do anything with greek mythology (or any mythology beyond the ancients being OwN'T by the wraith as well as the Atlantis myth), because the only one who knows enough about it to portray it correctly is Weir, and she's not on the team. And if they did do it, it would come out completely terrible.

They tried to do the whole translation/history thing in Coup De'tat but it wasn't as interesting as it could have been if they had a Daniel on the team.

Teal'c was a much better guide to the MW galaxy; and Daniel is/was (at the S3 point) a much better character than Ronan, even though Ronan wasn't in the original movie and has only had 1 season. And after Daniel came back in S7 it opened all the windows in a skyscraper for that character. If Ronan is to be anywhere near as interesting he needs to undergo some major overhaul IMO.

cpl.maxpower
March 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I agree that Teyla could easily become a character like Daniel as she knows the local legends so to speak. It would also be nice to see some Greek mythology worked into the Pegasus galaxy. Maybe someone the wraith are actually afraid of. Not necessarily a good "god" but someone with some more strength than the wraith it seems that the wraith don’t show as a huge threat to Atlantis every time they find the city they get clobbered. A new twist to the storyline might be nice.

Droops
March 15th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I want to see Shep stranded on a planet where all of the women are between 18 and 21, and he can't leave until he spends months there. Oh, and they never age.

Sort of a 'Castle Antrax' type adventure (see Monty Python and the Holy Grail).

I mean, heck, if Shep's going to Kirk, he needs to Kirk big-time! None of this messing around with other characters, or even plot. Kirking, pure and simple. All kirking, all the time!
:rolleyes:

Droops
March 15th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Oh yea, and the planet has chickens on it. That would make it rock.

ShadowMaat
March 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I've already stopped watching the show on a regular basis in a large part due to the kirking. If that scenario happened, Droops, I'd never watch another ep.

Well, unless there's Nekkid Lorne to ogle. But I could just as easily watch ONLY his scenes. :P Hopefully Shep wouldn't be involved in any of them...

Kirath
March 15th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I want more exploration of the city. the finally get a zpm and what do we get more searching for ZPM's. shouldn't we be discovering new tech and exploring and learning more about the city.

more on the Ancients the war and why they lost it.

more about Teyla, her people and the other races in Pegasus. we introduce teyla's wraith gene but we get no ep about her exploring the ramifications effect or any other abilites it might give, or the reactions of her fellow athsians when they found out. Also all the races in the Pegasus seem to be using stone age tech except for those two in The Long Goodbye. With the life sucking space monster about to wake up you think they'd have an good reason to smarten up. Impending death is typically a great motivator. look what its done for McKay.

Mor eon the Wraith and their culture. How is their society organized. Also since their tech is partiaally organic I would mind seeng a shipyard where the hiveships and darts are grown.

metabog
March 16th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Atlantis is an awesome show with great potential. Unfortunately, it suffers greatly from the reset switch and the good stories gone wrong, like The Tower.

I'd like more fantastic episodes like 38 Minutes, Before I Sleep or Critical Mass, and less to do with some old civilization on some planet that we never hear about in any episode after that. We need to get the wraith some plot-twisting-contorting edge, like in BSG... I know there's another thread, but this is not about new enemies or characters, but simply about the way the show works.

FoolishPleasure
March 16th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I want to see Shep stranded on a planet where all of the women are between 18 and 21, and he can't leave until he spends months there. Oh, and they never age.
It would be even better if none of the babes pays any attention to him! ;)

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Mmm, deja vu. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21935)

As said in my post the last time this was mentioned (with added things I previously though obvious):

Dispose of:

* Lorne
* Cadman
* Caldwell
* The Reset Button
* Wankfodder of the Week
* Lorne
* Contact with Earth
* Weir's Schoolgirl Crush on Sheppard
* The Pretense that Sheppard's Interested in Either Weir or Teyla. (The guy is such a queen it's not remotely plausible.)
* And also: Lorne

Bring back:

* Ford
* The Show's Integrity
* Last season's secondaries (Bates, Stackhouse, Kavanagh) because they were more interesting than the main characters.
* Some intensity
* A sense of actual consequences

And please, Santa: NO CARTER.

GateLadyM
March 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Last season's secondaries (Bates, Stackhouse, Kavanagh) because they were more interesting than the main characters.
I miss Bates and Stackhouse. Kavanagh we only saw once. Would also like to see all three back.

No Carter, no kirk stuff, no romo between leads, more Ronon, more excitement!

FallenAngelII
March 16th, 2006, 10:56 AM
-I'll echo other posters and ask that the team stop making dumb decisions. Their actions in Coup d'Etat, Michael, and Allies really hurt otherwise great eps, IMO. The Atlantis team is supposed to be the best and brightest available - they should be acting like it.

-If the team has to make foolish mistakes, have them be responsible for their actions. I can't imagine that the SGC is too pleased with their recent decisions.

-If TPTB is going to delve into deeper plotlines like torture, actually do it. Don't pretend that Atlantis is a deeper, darker show and then spare the characters of their decisions and responsibilities at the last second.

-Stop hitting the Big Reset Button. If TPTB is going to go to the trouble of having something physically or emotionally traumatic happen to a character, extend the consequences beyond that episode.

-More backstory and screentime for Weir, Teyla, Carson, and Ronon. We still know next to nothing about them - where they came from, what they're motivations are, etc. Shep desperately needs backstory and development too, as long as it doesn't depend on the opposite sex. I'm happy with Rodney, but I would like to see him starting to learn from his faults rather than resetting back at the start of each ep (see point above).

-No kirking. Have guest female characters that aren't the object of flirtation by Shep or McKay. If there must be kirking, give it to someone other than Shep. Hell, be really daring and let one of the women get in on the kirking action.

-No more possessed kissing. TPTB has a poor record on canon main character ship - it's not going to get any better on Atlantis.

-More on the Ancients. More exploration of Atlantis.

-Develop the wraith or dump them. The Genii are much more interesting and complex as an enemy.

People keep whining about the team doing stupid stuff in "Allies": The only stupid stuff they did was to not simply unplug all of their computers from anything that could sent stuff.

They were forced into helping Michael's hive. However, Rodney was still smart enough to hack their systems while fixing it.

ShadowMaat
March 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I wasn't aware this was a "let's defend the show!" thread.
Frankly, IMO, the Atlantis team has been acting idiotic for a while. Allies was only the latest example of a long string of imbecilic decision-making and I would very much like to see that string get cut in the premiere.

No more stupidity. Let's see them prove that they really ARE the best and brightest.

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I miss Bates and Stackhouse. Kavanagh we only saw once. Would also like to see all three back.

No Carter, no kirk stuff, no romo between leads, more Ronon, more excitement!

Power to the secondaries!

I honestly do miss Bates and Stackhouse so much. They were just such a solid, rational backdrop to everything that happened. They knew how to do their jobs effectively, efficiently and without unnecessary heroics and martyrdom.

Unlike some I could mention.

ShadowMaat
March 16th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I liked Bates, but I didn't even notice Stackhouse. Unlike a certain S2 secondary whom I noticed right off the bat. :D

GhostPoet
March 16th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I'd like to see Michael take on a major role in the Wraith. A guy who kind of works both sides.

GhostPoet
March 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM

As said in my post the last time this was mentioned (with added things I previously though obvious):

Dispose of:

* Lorne
* Cadman
* Caldwell
* The Reset Button
* Wankfodder of the Week
* Lorne
* Contact with Earth
* The Pretense that Sheppard's Interested in Either Weir or Teyla. (The guy is such a queen it's not remotely plausible.)

Bring back:

* Ford
* The Show's Integrity
* Last season's secondaries (Bates, Stackhouse, Kavanagh) because they were more interesting than the main characters.
* Some intensity

Wow..I think if all those changes happened I might possibly hate the show. :)

ToasterOnFire
March 16th, 2006, 12:58 PM
People keep whining about the team doing stupid stuff in "Allies": The only stupid stuff they did was to not simply unplug all of their computers from anything that could sent stuff.

They were forced into helping Michael's hive. However, Rodney was still smart enough to hack their systems while fixing it.
Er...I wasn't aware that I was "whining." :rolleyes:

And for the record, the team's mistakes aren't limited to Allies:

-In Coup d'Etat, no one thought to check to see if Ladon's offered ZPM was charged.

-In Long Goodbye, everyone was just fine with letting Shep get possessed by an unknown alien entity and no one thought to take away Shep and Weir's command codes or lockdown the city once they became violent.

-In Michael, they decided to let Michael roam around Atlantis, even though an alpha site was mentioned, which let him learn that the city was not destroyed. His security was extremely shoddy both on Atlantis and on the alpha site and the team did a weak job covering up the truth. This only contributed to his suspicion, which made him actively search and find out that he's wraith.

-In Allies, Michael was able to blackmail the team because they let him know about Atlantis. The team had a life-threatening situation with a wraith computer virus earlier in the season yet they didn't take adequate precautions with all downloads. They knew that the wraith were after the location of earth and were interested in Aurora, yet they kept this info in a networked computer.

Those are pretty significant errors and I find it hard to believe that the military and scientist personnel, chosen for Atlantis because they're supposed to be the best and brightest, kept on making them. It's so unrealistic that it takes me out of the show, which is why I'd like TPTB to stop writing them this way next season.

Skydiver
March 16th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Let's keep it on topic please folks. which is what folks want to see in season three.

ShadowMaat
March 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM
What I want to see in S3: fandom being more tolerant of itself and not insulting anyone who disagrees. :P

I'd also like to have fewer reasons to complain. ;)

Hire more writers. Give Atlantis its own, unique staff and let them have some running room.

Stop beating us over the head with the connection between Atlantis and SG-1.

Let Atlantis be its OWN show and not "The other SG-1".

Dylan Deltoran
March 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Well, some of the ideas here I like, and some I don't...

Here's what I'd like to see;

-More character development...but not at the expense of the action and cool stuff...
-More Ancient stuff (history, people, tech, offworld goodies, atlantis goodies)
-More Atlantis, they hardly do any cool stuff there and haven't been exploring much...with that ZPM they should be finding all sorts of neat stuff...lets hear about the most interesting stuff, and not just while McKay and Weir are walking up the control room steps...
-More Ancient Warships :D
-More ZPMs that the expedition gets to keep (but not enough for the city to take off)
-More Caldwell

And other stuff...that I haven't thought of yet

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I'd like to see a "shore leave" episode with the team on Earth, particularily Ronin and Teyla. I think her understanding of the crew would be greatly enhanced by seeing our culture first hand.

A time travel episode.

I'd like to see the international conflict between China/Russia and the US in SG1 spill over into Atlantis, with tension (temporarily) between the factions before they all realize they have more important things to worry about.

Wier do some kirking offworld, just once.

People clean shaven. Also, just once.

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Wow..I think if all those changes happened I might possibly hate the show. :)

I guess you hated season one, then.

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I liked Bates, but I didn't even notice Stackhouse. Unlike a certain S2 secondary whom I noticed right off the bat. :D

~pokes~ Well, we can't all be perfect, but stick with me, kid and you'll learn. :D

ShadowMaat
March 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
~pokes~ Well, we can't all be perfect, but stick with me, kid and you'll learn. :D
I'd rather learn under Lorne, but... *ahem* Probably best not to discuss that here. ;)

I'd like to see more of the secondaries in general. I think one of Atlantis's strengths is in its secondary characters. Which is sad since half the MAIN characters tend to get ignored...

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I'd rather learn under Lorne, but... *ahem* Probably best not to discuss that here. ;)

Only if I get Stacks.

I'd like to see more of the secondaries in general. I think one of Atlantis's strengths is in its secondary characters. Which is sad since half the MAIN characters tend to get ignored...

I agree with that, definitely. They were as much a part of the continuity in season one (which, like all the other good things about season one, was lost by Siege III) as the mains.

We need a The Other Guys ep, man.

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I'd love to see Wier pick up a gun, and break bad, ala Ripley...

...or an episode where the actress who played the original Wier guest stars as a villian who is killed by the current Wier. Heh.

ShadowMaat
March 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I dunno about an Other Guys ep, exactly, but an ep that doesn't feature the main cast (or only peripherally) would be cool. Not the hero-worshipping dippyness of OG, but a serious ep featuring another team would be great. Something closer to Heroes but hopefully without the news crew and traumatic death of a beloved character. ;)

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I dunno about an Other Guys ep, exactly, but an ep that doesn't feature the main cast (or only peripherally) would be cool. Not the hero-worshipping dippyness of OG, but a serious ep featuring another team would be great. Something closer to Heroes but hopefully without the news crew and traumatic death of a beloved character. ;)

Works for me!

Droops
March 16th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I've already stopped watching the show on a regular basis in a large part due to the kirking. If that scenario happened, Droops, I'd never watch another ep.

Well, unless there's Nekkid Lorne to ogle. But I could just as easily watch ONLY his scenes. :P Hopefully Shep wouldn't be involved in any of them...

I agree Shadow, no Lorne/Shep ship! Tell ya what, we could have Lorne off-world and nekkid, trying to find a way home, while Shep's off kirking. Something for everyone! ;)

atlantisrocks
March 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I agree Shadow, no Lorne/Shep ship! Tell ya what, we could have Lorne off-world and nekkid, trying to find a way home, while Shep's off not kirking. Something for everyone! ;)
Fixed your post.;)

ShadowMaat
March 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Fixed.;)
As a matter of fact, I think I've mentioned that "fixing" Shep would solve a whole lotta problems. :D

Droops
March 16th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Fixed your post.;)

No no nonononono . . . . . . I say we change the name of the show from Stargate Atlantis to Stargate: Return of Kirk! Maybe even a Shatner appearance to show Shep how it's done.

All kirking, all the time! Woohoo! :P

Droops
March 16th, 2006, 04:49 PM
As a matter of fact, I think I've mentioned that "fixing" Shep would solve a whole lotta problems. :D

Ouchies! *curls up in fetal position*

FoolishPleasure
March 16th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I agree Shadow, no Lorne/Shep ship! Tell ya what, we could have Lorne off-world and nekkid, trying to find a way home, while Shep's off kirking. Something for everyone! ;)
Lorne/Shep Ship. Hmmm. I don't think I've seen a thread for that one around here.

;)

npattis
March 16th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Return of Sgt Bates.

deadman
March 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
How about they go through the gate on a mission and come back out in Atlantis? The Daeadalus makes a jump to Earth and ends up in orbit of Atlantis when it jumps out? That could be interesting.

mckaychick
March 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Return of Sgt Bates.

Yes That would be good!!

Auralis
March 17th, 2006, 02:06 AM
How about they go through the gate on a mission and come back out in Atlantis? The Daeadalus makes a jump to Earth and ends up in orbit of Atlantis when it jumps out? That could be interesting.

And then we get 40 minutes of technobbable to resolve that problem.

Ziyal
March 17th, 2006, 02:27 AM
What I'd like to see in season 3:

- Background stories for the main cast, at least for Ronon, Sheppard, Teyla and Weir
- let them face consequences for their actions *insert continuity here*.
For example: Let Sheppard continue kirking - but then show it has effects, like, hm... facing fatherhood ^_^
- show us how the 'normal' life in Atlantis is like. The shifts, the free time, the fun part, what ever. What the heck are those guys doing while they don't work?
- let the second-row characters rescue the day (like Zelenka, Cadman, Lorne, Chuck...)
- name Lorne and Chuck, the technican. They deserve decent names!
- Let them screw up without a last second solution. Let something grave happen that will give them trouble for some episodes.
- give them a little love interest, but no hooking up between main characters, please

lissafoss
March 17th, 2006, 02:33 AM
i want to know a little more about Sheppard's past. And losts more Major Lorne.

The_Tsid.
March 17th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Cool. We already have this thread running.
check it out.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25855

astronomicalchick
March 17th, 2006, 04:38 AM

Dispose of:

* Lorne
* Cadman
* Caldwell
* The Reset Button
* Wankfodder of the Week
* Lorne
* Contact with Earth

Bring back:

* Ford
* The Show's Integrity
* Some intensity

Lorne? Now, now I'm sure you can find a nice man for Lorne to have Tru Manly Love with now? No?

astronomicalchick
March 17th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Er...I wasn't aware that I was "whining." :rolleyes:

And for the record, the team's mistakes aren't limited to Allies:

-In Coup d'Etat, no one thought to check to see if Ladon's offered ZPM was charged.

-In Long Goodbye, everyone was just fine with letting Shep get possessed by an unknown alien entity and no one thought to take away Shep and Weir's command codes or lockdown the city once they became violent.

-In Michael, they decided to let Michael roam around Atlantis, even though an alpha site was mentioned, which let him learn that the city was not destroyed. His security was extremely shoddy both on Atlantis and on the alpha site and the team did a weak job covering up the truth. This only contributed to his suspicion, which made him actively search and find out that he's wraith.

-In Allies, Michael was able to blackmail the team because they let him know about Atlantis. The team had a life-threatening situation with a wraith computer virus earlier in the season yet they didn't take adequate precautions with all downloads. They knew that the wraith were after the location of earth and were interested in Aurora, yet they kept this info in a networked computer.

Those are pretty significant errors and I find it hard to believe that the military and scientist personnel, chosen for Atlantis because they're supposed to be the best and brightest, kept on making them. It's so unrealistic that it takes me out of the show, which is why I'd like TPTB to stop writing them this way next season.

Yep, I totally agree. Which is why I'd like to see in Season 3 some decent writing thank you very much.

Chemp
March 17th, 2006, 04:52 AM
I would like to see the good old Ford without the enzyme.
And a character like Daniel-archeologist,noone in Atlantis has ever shown interest in the remains of old civilizationes destroyed by the wraith and other stuff that Daniel did in SG1.
And imagine the dialogs between that character and Daniel in crossovers.

:teyla: :ronan: :weir: :ford: :mckay: :sheppard: :daniel:

prion
March 17th, 2006, 08:39 AM
somebody said:

Dispose of:

* Lorne
* Cadman
* Caldwell
* The Reset Button
* Wankfodder of the Week
* Lorne
* Contact with Earth

Bring back:

* Ford
* The Show's Integrity
* Some intensity

Nooo, keep Lorne. He's been good. Cadman, yes, well, she can go. Caldwell should stay. Hermoid should stay. COntact with earth should be far more limited (although judging from crossover talk, that ain't gonna happen). Ford should stay evil, and in fact, I'd like to see him go dark side. Kavanagh, well, I don't think he's coming back to Atlantis unless he's drugged and kidnapped!

What SGA (but SG1 more so needs) is better writing, with a long-term goal in mind. Keep the show episodic, but don't be scattered so over the place as we've seen lately. Let them find some cool new technology and actually benefit from it.

EXPLORE THE CITY! Size of Manhattan, remember? Or well, at least it's HUGE. I'm sure there are some cool/dangerous things to find.

Better writing.

Carl
March 17th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I'd like a season with much more diverse episodes which really show off the Pegasus galaxy. I really do get tired of plots which only contribute to either the search for ZPMs or the Wraith threat. I'm also not a huge fan of character-background heavy eps. I'd also like to see some more SGA/SGC linkage going on, which seems very likely.

On the plus side, I thought the ending to "Allies" was amazing and can't wait to see part 2!!

GhostPoet
March 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I know what I'd love to see...an EP involving an Alternative Reality Atlantis team...one that was sent there not for exploration and learning..but for war.

Infact, they would be working WITH the Wraith. Sheppard would lead a team of Wraith (evil sheppard..maybe even with a beard.<GRIN>).

I've always loved seeing "what if" scenerios!!

deadman
March 17th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I put this forward earlier, but I've given it more thought:

McKay is working on a new piece of technology found in one of the citiy's labs. He isn't sure what it does, but he turns it on. An energy wave passes through the entire Lantian Solar System, an he thinks they may have exposed themselves to the Wraith, but Deep Space Scanners Show that the Wraith are nowhere to be found.

Later that day, an off world team doesn't come back so they decide to send Sheppard's team. They step through the gate and step out on the same side. A confused Wier redails and sends them through again, but the same happens. So they have Caldwell take the Daedalus to the world the missing team is on. He jumps into hyperspace, but when they jump out, they are still in orbit of the city.

McKay realizes that the device might be causing the problem. They try to shut it off, but it won't. So Ronan takes his gun and shoots it, but it is shielded. The device lets out a Black Knight and it is now a race against time to shut off the device before the Knight cuts their time short.

Steve_the_Wraith
March 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM
My Idea for a cool episode

McKay and fellow scientists are working on a machine in an Ancient lab. When suddenly it lets out a blast of light and throws McKay across the room. When he wakes up no one can see or hear him, he's convinced he's become invisible... until he sees his own body lying dead on the ground

At the same time "ghost" McKay is "haunting" the city, there are increasing errors in the city, things breaking down, the ancient systems crashing. McKay starts following the team around the city that is until he finds areas he can't enter. He doesn't know whats going on until he realises that the areas he can't enter are the areas where the cities internal sensors are down, he isn't dead his mind has been downloaded into the Atlantis mainframe!

Unfortunately before he can think about getting back into his body a malfunction in city causes it to begin prepations to sink to the bottom of the ocean. How's it going to do this? By flooding the lower levels of the city - levels on which hundreds of people are trapped!

Can McKay save his friends, can he ever return to his body, why is the city malfunctioning and why was he downloaded into into the mainframe? The answers lye deep within in mainframe and time is running out

deadman
March 17th, 2006, 03:40 PM
that would be another good idea

alfirin_kirinki
March 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Nooo, keep Lorne.

Blowing up your own men for no real reason is 'good'?! Wow...

alfirin_kirinki
March 17th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Lorne? Now, now I'm sure you can find a nice man for Lorne to have Tru Manly Love with now? No?

Why would we do that? He might blow him up for no good reason, too!

I cannot stand the character and no amount of slash will change that.

Ludofjn
March 18th, 2006, 09:10 AM
1) No reset, have arcs and character feelings ~_~

2) IMO, the wraith need to evolve or something. Have them build a massive new hive ship that the ancient weapons that we possess can't destroy. SOMETHING that makes the Wraith feel more like a threat. After camelot, I like the Ori 20x better as an enemy, they're one that is way more powerful than us and feels like a threat. The Goa'uld felt like a threat in S3 of SG-1, why can't the Wraith feel like a threat now? Every time we come across them we're not even scratched.

3) DEFINATE Character development. Part of this ties into the 'reset' button. One of the things (in better wording, only things) that I like about Galactica is the massive amount of depth in their characters. Baltar is one of the deepest, most advanced characters I've ever seen in Sci-fi. Atlantis needs to turn it's characters into thought out, emotional people instead of dolls there to spit out lines.

And while I'm talking about it, make a Ronan arc. Make him useful. We have enough warriors on the team. 3 is it? The archaeological element that Daniel provides to the SG-1 team was another extremely good dimension to the show. Can you imagine Daniel being replaced by a brute force warrior?

If the team had someone who could actually read ancient fluently/have knowledge in history the writers could do SO MUCH MORE. Example: Adding English mythology/legends to SG1 to replace the Goa'uld in 3 episodes. We couldn't have done that without Daniel. Or we could have, but it would have been 5% as interesting.

Diving into mythology and making twists on it was one of the things that made Stargate what it is today. Atlantis is missing that element.

Please, give Ronan a use, or he's a waste of a character, IMO.
ill agree with all that but the new wriath hs

Kirath
March 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM
I want to see more about Teyla and the Athosians. In an early audio interview Rachell Lutrell alluded to the athosians being more advanced technologically than they appear but we've seen nothing of this. Also I'd like to learn more about teyla, her family history and her wraith gene and any other abilities or disadvantages that it may give her. Also I'd like to see more exploration of the city, more study and back enginering of ancient tech and seeing it used in both shows.

masta chef
March 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Atlantis teams using the Zat guns. After watching the show for 2 years I've come to wonder why the heck nobody uses the zat guns and I don't think it's be cause they ran out.

We all know that SG1 always packs one and when they had to use one it was useful. Just to think how much easier their battles with the Wraith would be. I still don't get why the producers were reluctant in writing in that piece of technology for the Atlantis show. It would pretty much kick any Wraith butt. Just my opinion.

Damar
March 22nd, 2006, 10:05 AM
The Orion dealin some badass Ancient firepower.

The Genii becoming either allies, or even more deadly foes.

And i would like to see a lot more of the fact that there are other representavies from nations in Atlantis who help Atlantis and the other civillazations, than just the Americans. For example, have in a episode a team consisting of people from different nations otherwise than the US and UK, save the day.

phimuajedi69
March 22nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
Atlantis teams using the Zat guns. After watching the show for 2 years I've come to wonder why the heck nobody uses the zat guns and I don't think it's be cause they ran out.

It's prolly because the designers wanted to keep the look of the two shows separate as much as possible, the atlantis teams have the wraith stunners and the new mini stunners (missed where those came from actually, they were used in The Long Goodbye) to make up for the lack. Though there is no evidence of those being able to kill someone...

Another thought is, someone correct me if i'm wrong, the zats were/are ancient or based off ancient tech (the Goa'uld being tech parasites) and the wraith may have developed an immunity to that during the war.

Bragi
March 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Teyla nak-........... um................

Some Zats. I know the main reason they're not there.... but I like them a hell of a lot more than the Wraith Stunners.

To me, I think of Buck Rogers when I see the Wraith Stunners....... they just look like cheap Nerf dart pistols painted teal-ish blue.

_WraithQueen_
March 22nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
I quite like them, especially the new big ones that were used in The Lost Boys, although i missed when they actually changed

phimuajedi69
March 22nd, 2006, 10:44 AM
I agree about the look of the stunners, but think with the overall wraith look they do quite well. The only real question is why are they so big, all that just to stun someone...I mean I guess they need humans alive and all but real weapons that size take out tanks!

knowles2
March 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
It all for show big weapons looks way cooler than a small one.

phimuajedi69
March 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
big weapons looks way cooler than a small one.
Yeah, but sometimes small things can be cool too, take that gun from Men In Black for instance (can't remember what it was called, something funny though) and it took out a nicely proportioned chunk of wall. Basically, size isn't everything. Typically in wars functionality and practicality win the day (I know its a TV show, but realism/believability still count in my book)

generaloneill
March 22nd, 2006, 11:28 AM

We all know that SG1 always packs one and when they had to use one it was useful. Just to think how much easier their battles with the Wraith would be. I still don't get why the producers were reluctant in writing in that piece of technology for the Atlantis show. It would pretty much kick any Wraith butt. Just my opinion.

they don't use the zat guns because they have the wraith stunners which come in handy if they want to incapacitate someone but not kill them that's why they don't use zat guns. wraith stunners are more effective at stunning someone than zat guns and you are forgetting that the wraith can heal and zat guns would be like peashooters against the wraith.:jack:

_WraithQueen_
March 22nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
I want to see more about Teyla and the Athosians. In an early audio interview Rachell Lutrell alluded to the athosians being more advanced technologically than they appear but we've seen nothing of this.

yes we have, her cool fire starter thing from the first four episodes or something. OK its not much but atleast hints at cool technology

i want to see way more Ronon and Zelenka. Ooo and Kavanagh doing something cool to save the city somehow so more people like him and he stays for a couple of episodes, but then continues to be a jerk and everyone goes back to hating him and his ponytale but they stay anyway

_WraithQueen_
March 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
And more exploration of the city and finding other cool stuff in it

ascott08
March 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
the men in black gun is called a noisy cricket, and really want to learn more about what atlantis can do and why exactly the ancient move to pegasus

Chutzpah
March 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Be glad they are not using the pathetic hand held ice cream cones the Ancients had in Aurora.

_WraithQueen_
March 22nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
Haha! they were funny looking guns

Cherriey
March 22nd, 2006, 04:51 PM
... four midgets dressed as ponies frolicking in a field of posies... um... did I just type that on screen?

RyantheGreat
March 23rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
... four midgets dressed as ponies frolicking in a field of posies... um... did I just type that on screen?

No, you didn't.

A giraffe. Why? Because I've never seen one on any SG.:hammond:

michael
March 24th, 2006, 07:02 AM
more aurora class ship and a space battle where the Orion kicks some wraith ass.:cool:

Wraith Scientist
March 24th, 2006, 07:36 AM
In series 3, I would like to see:

- More finding out about the Wraith, in an interesting way
- More interesting Wraith
- Less all-out war against the Wraith, more covert ops, exploration etc.
- Less contact with Earth (the 8th chevron control crystal and The Deadalus' hyperdrives blowing up)
- More Genii
- More mysterious Wraith, Ancients etc.
- The following characters (preferably reccuring): Kolya, Ellia, Michael
- More Hermiod
- More Athosians
- More on the mythology of the humans in Pegasus
- An atmosphere more like series one than series two
- More character development
- Deeper and more complex characters

Lokii
March 24th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I want more exploration of the city. The get another ZPM and searchfor ZPM's. Didnít the Weir in stasis give the locations of many ZPMís?

Need more exploration of the city

Definitely more on the Ancients the war and why they lost it. The overwhelmed explanation seems weak to me.

I would love for Sheppard to lose the bed head look. After all he is in the military.

prion
March 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
In series 3, I would like to see:

- More finding out about the Wraith, in an interesting way
- More interesting Wraith
- Less all-out war against the Wraith, more covert ops, exploration etc.
- Less contact with Earth (the 8th chevron control crystal and The Deadalus' hyperdrives blowing up)
- More Genii
- More mysterious Wraith, Ancients etc.
- The following characters (preferably reccuring): Kolya, Ellia, Michael
- More Hermiod
- More Athosians
- More on the mythology of the humans in Pegasus
- An atmosphere more like series one than series two
- More character development
- Deeper and more complex characters

Agree on Kolya coming back, as long as they make the showdown more dramatic. Michael could be good too, well, heck, yes, he's back in episode #1 of season 3. Ellia, sorry to say, is pretty much dead, shot to death by Ronon.

Wraith Scientist
March 24th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Yep, in fact, a whole 'return of Kolya' episode. The Storm/The Eye was great, something like that again.

I want more exploration of the city. The get another ZPM and searchfor ZPM's. Didnít the Weir in stasis give the locations of many ZPMís?

Nooooooooooo, not more ZPMs - they should find some way to get rid of the one they have. It was better when they couldn't get back to Earth so easily

Who agrees?

Deborah
March 24th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I'd like to see:

*More Ronan/Teyla shipping.
*More backstory for the peripheral characters - Ronan, Teyla, Lorne, Beckett
*Definitely want to know what Beckett meant in The Hive when he told Rodney he had "an inkling" of what he was going through.
*Explanation of why Ronan can't be fed on by the Wraith.
*Less KIRKING, especially from Shep.
*An episode where Teyla and Weir save the boys.
*Ronan shirtless.
*More sparring.
*Or Ronan shirtless and sparring.
*Teyla's mental abilities explored.
*More kisses - alien induced or not, happy with both.

Allestian
March 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Yep, in fact, a whole 'return of Kolya' episode. The Storm/The Eye was great, something like that again.

Nooooooooooo, not more ZPMs - they should find some way to get rid of the one they have. It was better when they couldn't get back to Earth so easily

Who agrees?

Well if you put it that way...why don't we blow up the Daedalus???

LOL.

:D

Wraith Scientist
March 24th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Well if you put it that way...why don't we blow up the Daedalus???

LOL.

:D

Hmmm ... so long as Hermiod and Caldwell survive (& Novak if she's still around)
How about just blowing the Hyperdrive up (unfixably)

I'd like to see:

*More Ronan/Teyla shipping.
*More backstory for the peripheral characters - Ronan, Teyla, Lorne, Beckett
*Definitely want to know what Beckett meant in The Hive when he told Rodney he had "an inkling" of what he was going through.
*Explanation of why Ronan can't be fed on by the Wraith.
*Less KIRKING, especially from Shep.
*An episode where Teyla and Weir save the boys.
*Ronan shirtless.
*More sparring.
*Or Ronan shirtless and sparring.
*Teyla's mental abilities explored.
*More kisses - alien induced or not, happy with both.

How about a Shep-Ronon fight over Teyla

- Weir-Shep shipping
- More on Becket and Cadman's relationship
- Hermiod needs to pair up with someone too. How about Hermiod-Novak? :p

Allestian
March 24th, 2006, 09:26 AM
I'm up for Beckett's background and Zelenka's background.

Spooks99
March 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM
1. Oooh, yes, more Koyla, please! I think a showdown b/w him and Sheppard is long overdue.
2. PLEASE, some backstory/character development for Sheppard (preferably NOT involving alien women--at least not in a romantic sense)! Give us something more than a pretty face!
3. BETTER WRITING! Some of the lines recently make me wince. A fourth-grader could have done better on some of these episodes (i.e., The Hive).
4. More menacing wraith, please! I'd actually kind of like it if the wraith found out Atlantis wasn't destroyed, but we managed to get another ZPM or two to keep the shield going. So Atlantis would be under siege, with the Athosians evacuated from the mainland, but the teams could still go out on missions. Plus we would maintain contact with Earth. Atlantis would technically be safe, but the wraith would be single-mindedly determined to get their hands on Atlantis personnel off-world. Kind of like in S3 of SG-1 when Cronos said that Earth might be safe, but anyone caught off-world would be fair game. Except scarier, b/c the wraith REALLY want Atlantis.
5. Development of character relationships--not necessarily ship, just show us that Mckay and Sheppard are friends, for example--show the characters hanging out together voluntarily w/o a mission or big crisis.
6. At least one episode focusing on all the secondary characters--Lorne, Zelenka, Kavanaugh, random scientists/military personnel--based in Atlantis. Hopefully showing these same characters saving the day for once, but I'll settle for just "a typical day in Atlantis" episode.
7. Definitely want to see Michael again--see him struggle a bit with his memories/impressions of being human.
8. More Genii--but as allies (except Koyla, and maybe other renegade Genii who believe they should continue to just take what they want)
9. More Atlantis. Just little stuff, even--it doesn't have to be weapons, just something that gives us some insight into the lives and society of the Ancients. Surely they must have had some form of recreation, for example? This could go in the "typical day in Atlantis" episode.
10. BETTER WRITING! This includes writing the characters intelligently--put them in peril if you want, but don't make them stupid just to serve the plot.

tommo7
March 25th, 2006, 12:01 PM
okay a big list here -
First I'd like to see at least one ford episode - in which the team are trapped in a building complex on a planet with some wraith - but soon the wraith start to disappear one by one - the team start to feel paranoid until they discover that it's ford taking wraith enzyme :ford:
Second I'd like to see an episode based on Ronon - in this episode Ronon would become dilerious and see images of his family from sateda - Sheppard discovers that Ronon's family are alive! :ronan:
An episode based on weir - this could be comedic - Cameron visits Atlantis and remembers weir as a former conquest! The pair argue until they are forced to work together when a wraith may have released a pathegon into the air of atlantis :weir: :cameron:
The team find a planet frozen in time - a time dilation device left behind by the ancients is preventing a wraith hive ship from colliding with an ancient outpost - but there are five ancients trapped inside the outpost which is also affected by the device - the team try and save the ancients - this is my favourite idea so far
If the Furlings are discovered then a reunion of the four great races could happen in Atlantis
I also thought that Anubis should have been dealt with in atlantis - a sort of anubis finds atlantis - travels to atlantis - attacks atlantis - enters atlantis - and then sheppard or daniel traps anubis in one of those things that contain non-corporeals (103-hide and seek)

Ludofjn
March 25th, 2006, 12:35 PM
more auroa class ships
more ancient speaking ancients

Damar
March 26th, 2006, 09:22 PM
More Genii, as valuable allies and not as incompetent fake-Soviets.

More sight into the foreign personnell, like concentrating on a small group of scientists and guards who are from all over the world, and without the help of the main characters manage to save the day.

Sora coming back as the Genii laison on Atlantis.

Ancient 1
March 28th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see the wraith get to earth only to become the buffer between the Ori & the Ancients and our forces in the war to come. Let them figure out that they traveled all that way for "take-out" only to discover that it will soon be gone unless they can react to save their food source. Any takers? :)

jazz!
March 29th, 2006, 12:33 AM
more Conflicts of Interest/Belief

Including:
-> Beckett and Genocide;
-> Shep get uberly angry ( probably because some1 on his teams been seriously injured ) and goes into 'Aggressive Tactical Rambo Mode' - ie: becomes an idealistic hero;
-> Teyla and Ronan becoming 'smarter' and being respected more;
-> The usual: Exploration of the City and picking up some Ancient Goodies

Happy_Gate
March 29th, 2006, 02:18 AM
I would like to see a scene where hermiod and zelenka work together.
Then they have an argument, stare daggers at each other, then both mutter angrily, hermiod in asgard and zelenka in czech.

:zelenkaanime07: :thoranime09:

lissa1000
March 29th, 2006, 09:01 AM
An episode based on weir - this could be comedic - Cameron visits Atlantis and remembers weir as a former conquest! The pair argue until they are forced to work together when a wraith may have released a pathegon into the air of atlantis

That would be awesome!:)

My want list:
More Ronan/Teyla shipping - they have a Buffy/Spike vibe
Less Rodney - he is better in small doses
More Elizabeth fight scenes - The Long Goodbye was great.
More Sheppard fight scenes
More Sheppard and Elizabeth fight scenes - I'm a simple girl, I love a good fight.
Less Sheppard acting immature around a babe alien - I prefer a more manly man. He is also cute when he's nerdy, that would be good too.
More Col. Caldwell - He reminds me of one of my former commanders.
Less stupid mistakes - They really screwed up in Allies.

Gregorius
March 29th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Season 3 needs to be darker, and it needs more continuity....something season 2 lacks...

ShadowMaat
March 29th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Darker, more continuity, more Lorne, and less of the command staff acting like lobotomized idiots.

Lida
March 29th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I think we will be seeing a darker, scarier Season 3, at least, that's according to one of the writers, and I expect he would know. I would also like expansion of back stories of the major characters, and again, we have been promised that for at least Ronon, Shep and McKay. Hopefully, we'll also see the same for the others.

I'd also like to see more of many of the so-called secondary characters. They are as important to the show as any single "main" character. They add color, variety and many times, comic relief or angst.

Gregorius
March 29th, 2006, 09:32 AM
They should hire JMS (B5), Joss Whedon (Firefly), Rockne S. O'Bannon(sp?) (Farscape) and their staffs to write Atlantis...perhaps even SG-1'll get a decent story line that way...(Since season 3). Oh and Jonas ought to come to Atlantis.

ShadowMaat
March 29th, 2006, 09:40 AM
As much as I'd love to see Jonas on Atlantis, I think I would stand a better chance at becoming a regular/recurring character than he would. *sigh* For whatever reason, TPTB hate him/Corin and it's easier to just accept that than to dream about what could/should have been.

Dunno about bringing a bunch of showrunners onto the crew- I should think that'd lead to all kinds of confusion and personal issues- but get some of the better writers from a couple of different shows and add them to the ranks and that'd be great.

Or get some newbies who don't have any preconceptions. Martin Gero was fairly untested when HE got hired and he's one of the best things to happen to TPTB, IMO. At least as far as Atlantis is concerned. He's had a few stumbles, though, and I think he's been around the Old School producers for too long, now, but he still has it in him to do some good, which is more than can be said of SOME people.

Gregorius
March 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
As much as I'd love to see Jonas on Atlantis, I think I would stand a better chance at becoming a regular/recurring character than he would. *sigh* For whatever reason, TPTB hate him/Corin and it's easier to just accept that than to dream about what could/should have been.

True, it's just wishful thinking :(

Dunno about bringing a bunch of showrunners onto the crew- I should think that'd lead to all kinds of confusion and personal issues- but get some of the better writers from a couple of different shows and add them to the ranks and that'd be great.

I was just hinting towards the continuity and darkness in said shows :) Although spreading those three over SG-1 and Atlantis could lead to a far better storyline :)

Or get some newbies who don't have any preconceptions. Martin Gero was fairly untested when HE got hired and he's one of the best things to happen to TPTB, IMO. At least as far as Atlantis is concerned. He's had a few stumbles, though, and I think he's been around the Old School producers for too long, now, but he still has it in him to do some good, which is more than can be said of SOME people.

You're nailing it here, the preconceptions of the old school producers. They've got a picture in their head of how it needs to be and don't allow anything to get in the way of that (aka breaking story/character continuity). Like when McKay blew up that solar system, we never saw it back afterwards in his personality. Imo the Old School Producers are like the Vorlons/Shadows in B5, they've been around so long and have become used to the idea of running the show that they've lost feeling with it.

lirenel
March 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I would like to see more team-angst. For some reason, Sheppard's team seems more like a group of four people working together than the almost-family feeling that SG-1 had (in the first few seasons). I think they should have an episode devoted entirely to an off-world mission that doesn't show Atlantis at all. Just Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, and Ronon, together and getting into trouble. :sheppard: :mckay: :teyla: :ronan:

Also, Gregorius, your signiture just about gave me a heart attack. I hate clowns.

Unamed
March 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM
its simple ther return of ford and bates

asgardcmndr
March 29th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I feel like we haven't seen much Ancient technology. We're living and controlling their city, we should prolly have some more cool stuff by now. I'd love to see us to go into battle with some Ancient tech (I was pretty excited when we found the Orion - hopefully it's fate isn't the same as most of the Gould mother ships we've found over the years). The show kinda feels like SG-1 right now, but I feel the objectives of the shows are different.

Just my opinion.

renosh
March 29th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Supreme Commander Thor comes to atlantis with one of the oneil class ships and general oneil is with him. they go do some covert mission and they cloak the oneill class ship to do it.. that would be soo awesome.. :thoranime07:

Happy_Gate
April 1st, 2006, 04:49 AM
One of the things I would like to see in season three is maybe a situation where Shep has to make a tough decision (like having to choose between teyla and mckay's life) and maybe get him to show some internal conflict.

He seems so one dimensional sometimes, I would like to see the character move beyond the Kirking Han Solo thing. Getting old...

tommo7
April 2nd, 2006, 07:50 AM
How about this:
An old friend of Teyla's visits Atlantis, all goes well until Zelenka disappears, then Ronon, then Beckett, then Weir. Eventually Teyla's had enough and she, Sheppard and McKay confront Teyla's friend - he reveals that he shares his mind with a wraith (duet) who takes control of his body at night. Sheppard, teyla and Mckay find the missing staff in the bowels of the city - teyla's friend actually became a wraith at night and was hoarding the staff
what do you think - i thought it was pretty good! (and of course it would be explained why this came to be) :teyla:

UltraMarioMan
April 3rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
Lets see...
More of
Buttkicking space battles
Cultured Wraith like the one in Condemned (That guy had this creepy Interview with a Vampire thing going)
Wraith that reject what they are (They can't all be evil)
The arrogant Mckay that clashed with Sam on SG1.
Less of
Fans demanding SGA have SG1's 9 years of development in far less. ;)
Shep's "Kirking" (Give Zelenka and Mckay a chance darn it they do more work then he does!)
Running from Hive Ships. (Win a battle for once)
Like to See
Info on other Ancient ship classes. (There had to be fighters and Capitol ships)
Wraith ships bigger and more powerful then Hive Ships (Ships that could give Ancient ships a reasonable fight)
Info on Ronan's people. Maybe they had space ships Its never been addressed)
Flashbacks to how the Ancients lost to the Wraith (Fits with more Buttkicking space battles)
Ninjas! (J/K)

Kanten
April 3rd, 2006, 11:29 AM
-> Shep get uberly angry ( probably because some1 on his teams been seriously injured ) and goes into 'Aggressive Tactical Rambo Mode' - ie: becomes an idealistic hero;

Yes, I've been wanting to see more of Rambo Shep since The Eye, I'm predicting he'll be getting to do some of that on Michael's hive in No Man's Land.

And I'm joining the camp of bringing back the supporting crew. Bates, Stackhouse, and Ford need some kind of role in Season 3. Bates and Stackhouse were miraculously spared the death wave that took out Markham and Grodin, and the writers still threw them out.

cohnee
April 3rd, 2006, 05:48 PM
I agree with the setiment about development on SGA. We've only had two seasons, and I suspect that the writers are trying to give it the same big bangs as SG-1 after 9yrs.

Season 3 does seem to be having more backstory for characters. Has for the bad guys, well i quite like the fact that we havnt seen many indiviuals within the wraith. It makes them spearate from the gouald, who were sometimes abit of joke as an enemy towards the end (they have to make anubis half ascended just to give some knid of real threat). certainly SG-1 never seemed to lose sleep over them, compared to the nightmares of the wraith for the guys on atlantis.

Yes less kirking, more acting like a real lt.col. for shep. maybe theres a major ground battle with shep in charge and he losses alot of men - mental anguish and possible questions from earth about shep as leader, although caldwell should be the one to ultimately stick up for him.

A completely new commander for orion, maybe a dashing british captain :p there isn't any british characters. Peter grodin made heroic sacrifice, and theres that secuity guy with a british flag on his shoulder. and yes i do realise about beckett, but apparently scotland is a spearte country in the world of SG :rolleyes:

As for ford, what a rubbish character in season 1. supposed to be a USMC weapons expert, yet acts like a little "lost boy" (see what i did there) waiting for his mum. why are there to sgt's leading teams and LT. ford is sheps caddy? very glad they made him go crazy. plus it provides an excellent recurring character for atlantis, somebody with a bit of back story.

........im out of breathe now.

ShadowMaat
April 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Originality.

Please, dear gods above and below, let Atlantis gain a bit more originality this season and lose a lot more of its cribbing from other shows/itself. :rolleyes:

Major Melton
April 4th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I want them to bring Ford back.

And i want to see SG:1 make an appearance.

asgardcmndr
April 4th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I think Atlantis feels a little like Star Trek: Voyager, season 2 of SGA stepped away from STV a little, but I think we need to see more stoiries that we havent seen before, I always fine myself thinking "where have I seen this before? - oh yeah, Star Trek."

Also, in SG-1 there were/are always multiple stories going on, either SG-1 v. SGC, or 2 of the members are off world, 2 are on base, in general just variety. In SGA it seems like, "alright this episode is char. development", and then the week after, "this is a wraith episode", etc. I love the SGA story, and I still think it has tons of potential, I just think they should mix it up a bit.

PJumper42
April 4th, 2006, 08:05 AM
For anyone who has listened to the commentary on SGA Season 1 DVD...Rachell jokes about a possible musical episode of Atlantis. I say go for it. Rachell can sing, and I briefly heard Torri singing a note or two on the commentary as well. I can remember watching a musical version of Xena, and it was pretty entertaining to say the least. Picture it...Major Shepard signing "Fly like an eagle" as he prepares his puddlejumper for another mission.

Just a thought.

asgardcmndr
April 4th, 2006, 08:09 AM
For anyone who has listened to the commentary on SGA Season 1 DVD...Rachell jokes about a possible musical episode of Atlantis. I say go for it. Rachell can sing, and I briefly heard Torri singing a note or two on the commentary as well. I can remember watching a musical version of Zena, and it was pretty entertaining to say the least. Picture it...Major Shepard signing "Fly like an eagle" as he prepares his puddlejumper for another mission.

Just a thought.

I think a musical episode would be pretty funny but only if it was on at a special time (i.e. not in place of a regular episode) and only after the show is more established, it's still new, 3 seasons isn't that many. It would be unfortunate to see a musical episode before the show had solidified it's following and then lose some of it's popularity.

Kanten
April 4th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I agree with the continous storyline wishes for Season 3. Season 2 just kind of fizzled out at the end for me. As opposed to Season 1's season-long story arc, it really went to great lengths to show how dangerous the Wraith were, where the viewers shared the same dread as the expedition as they gradually got closer to the city, and went out with a bang in the Siege finale. Allies just left me with an attitude of "how many more stupid mistakes can these people afford?"

Season 2 was just way too episodic for my tastes, lots of Sheppard one-episode stands, and the team making dumb decisions getting themselves into most of the trouble this year, all the while the Wraith spent most of the season in the background blowing each other up. Things have gotten a little out of control when the most exciting developments were in the Genii's single appearance.

So far I pretty much hope they get the continuous storyline back, bring the Wraith back to their Season 1 threat level, or move the Asurans into the "big bad" slot for the year if the smurfs keep wiping themselves out.

Platschu
April 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
If I see well, the season3 of Atlantis will have more character development. I think the writers will write episodes only for one main charater just in LOST.

No man's land - team episode
Misbegotten - Beckett episode
Sateda - Ronan episode
Irresistable - team episode
Progeny - team episode
The Real World - Weir episode
Common Ground - Sheppard episode
McKay and Mrs. Miller - McKay episode

I hope they have planned something for Teyla too and she won't get only B-plotlines.

I am a bit bored that we can see only weapons, antiweapons and spaceships in the SG universe. I would like to see new Wraith technology and culture (for example - bulidung of a hive ship, how they express their feelings between males and females, what type of hobbies, classes they have, what are they doing under the dark and long sleep, what they think about their human followers and the Ancients etc).

Wraith Scientist
April 9th, 2006, 05:10 AM
I am a bit bored that we can see only weapons, antiweapons and spaceships in the SG universe. I would like to see new Wraith technology and culture (for example - bulidung of a hive ship, how they express their feelings between males and females, what type of hobbies, classes they have, what are they doing under the dark and long sleep, what they think about their human followers and the Ancients etc).

Yeah, me too, it would be great to see more of Wraith culture

More depth for the Wraith

What I want to see is less engaging the Wraith in all out war (ie. Deadalus vs hives etc.) and more sneaking around and defeating the Wraith using covert and small team-based operations.

viper83
April 16th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I want to see...

More Liz

Less Rodney

More Teyla development

We have seen Hindu Mythology in SG1/Atlantis Throughout the last couple of seasons. Especially on Alantis Directly Epsode like :

SG1:
S8-S9 : Anything dealing with ORI's (Look at Mythos on Devtas(Celestial Beings) vs. Asuras in Hindu Mythos or in Christianity Angel Vs. Demons)
"Obstructive View of the Universe"Ori Prior Boss - Concept of Maya
s10: Anti-Ori Weapon (Narayan-astura - Vishnu's Weapon WMD and Sudarshan chakra (most powerful weapon/shield every designed )

Atlantis :
s1 = 109 - Concept of Maya
114 - Concept of The Protector ( Hindu,Bhuddist= Vishnu; Christianity=Jesus Christ)
s2 - 212 - Concept of Moksha
s3 - 305 - Hindu Mythos

talyn2k5
April 16th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Having read 5 pages of this thread, i`ll just list my dos/donts.

Dos for S3:
Characters other than Shep getting some, but not too much!
More character eps
More repercussions beyond that ep.
More recurring characters (Zelenka,Cadman,Lorne,Chuck)
Ford, but only if they can find a believable way for his survival after 'The Hive'.
More exploring of the city.
More info on the Wraith as a society and setup of named recurring Wraith characters. Atm they are a faceless enemy.
More Genii, they`re getting really good now. Ooh, and more Kolya-Shep rivalry.

Donts for S3:
Less Shep kirking (hasn`t bothered me yet but much more and it will start to get irritating.)
Crossovers kept to a minimum. Should be used only when it can be justified, not just for the sake of it.

Story idea:
Daedalus is attacked by the Wraith en route to/from Atlantis. They manage to seriously damage the Wraith but are seriously damaged themselves. Areas of the hull are breached, engines/weapons are offline, etc. They must race to repair the ship before the Wraith repair theirs. First with weapons wins.
McKay and Ronon are trapped in a section alone where they soon start talking about how they both feel like outsiders. McKay due to his arrogance etc and Ronon cos he is used to being alone.
Cadman is trapped in engineering with Novak and the other engineers who are slowly being deprived of oxygen through a small hull breach.
Shep and Caldwell are on the bridge trying to get the ship online.

Back on Atlantis, everyone is worried cos they haven`t heard anything from the Daedalus and searches by jumpers aren`t showing anything up.
Both the Daedalus and the Wraith have drifted away from the battle zone during this time so they are too far away from the Daedalus' planned route for the jumpers to pick them up.
Carson shares with Weir his concerns about Cadman`s welfare.
At the same time, he discovers that one of his medical team is abusing drugs. Cue various touching scenes of Carson getting to the root of his/her problem and promising to help them while keeping the whole affair from the rest of the expedition.

So we have:
Emotional scenes between Carson/expedition member, Carson/Weir
We're on the clock, if the Wraith get online before we do then we're toast.
Good team bonding moments for McKay/Ronon, Shep/Caldwell,Cadman/Novak,Carson/Weir.
Establishment of some recurring characters, both those stuck in engineering and crew members who are trying to fix the ship.
Establishment of new recurring character, the druggie, who can recur for several episodes as they try to get over their problem. Their habit may even put the team/expedition in danger at some point. Possible future Weir/Carson angst as she discovers that he kept this from her.

Thoughts anyone?

nemisis
April 20th, 2006, 07:21 AM
As a diehard fan of all stargate sga/sg1 i would love to see more accent city and stuff on the up comin sga season 3 like i dnt no so more city ships or just a plant like a holl city like of 2x06 trinity but not destroyed

i dnt no i mite get rosted 4 makin that point but any way what u think?:beckett:

Happy_Gate
April 20th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Well, the asurans have a city-ship so you might get your wish.

nemisis
April 20th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Well, the asurans have a city-ship so you might get your wish.

true but u no lol dat dnt satise fi mi huger 4 accient stuff lol

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7489/nemsigfin3pu.jpg

Primus Commander Woden
April 21st, 2006, 12:49 AM
true but u no lol dat dnt satise fi mi huger 4 accient stuff lol

WTF!!!!!!!!! DOES THAT SAY LOL

season 3 i want Ford all the way baby!!!!

Spudster
April 21st, 2006, 01:53 AM
no offence intended nemisis but that post makes you sound like a total chav. all we need now is for you to say "innit?" and start wearing burberry and the world will be doomed...

Raziel
April 22nd, 2006, 07:02 AM
Just a few things:

*Not the reset button to the characters!.... why they do that?... I think for example, Carson is a very defined character, and I don't see any remorse for everthing about the effects and consequences of the retrovirus! He did everything and so???.... or another example, Rodney accepting his faults...

*More development and background for all main characters and secondary too like Lorne, Ford or Zelenka for example... Please! I don't know anything about Sheppard!

*Please stop characters to commit that kind of mistakes!.... it's supposed they're the best of Earth!

*More Genii, they are best and more complex characters (as was said in prviously posts)

*More development in Wraith, especially if includes a main leader (or Queen would be perfect)

*The humor level in all the series is perfect.... keep on that!

*Don't Cut Ronon!!!!!!!.... :P

May be later I remember more things but bacially this is what I want to see in next season.....
I hope the writers take note ! hehehehehe... :mckayanime09:

Snord
April 22nd, 2006, 10:53 PM
I would like to see more exploration of Atlantis. I want to see an episode where Ford and Michael get together as a team for one reason or another. I want to see an episode where we run into a race of nonhumanoids who don't speak english.
I want to see what really took down the Ancients. If we can deal with The Wraith now, then The :wraith: must have just taken advantage of whatever they had to deal with then(priors, the aliens in the upcoming episode 'Progeny' etc.), becuase I'm not buying that...

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 04:02 AM
the 2755 will never defeat atlantis. Period.

asgardcmndr
April 23rd, 2006, 08:38 AM
I would like to see more exploration of Atlantis.

I agree, the tech that we've seen out of Atlantis hasn't been that exciting or plenteful - hold a few things. The Ancients left in haste, I'm sure there's tons of awesome stuff just laying around. Given Atlantis is a CITY so I understand why we haven't explored all of it yet but maybe if we look hard enough we'll find an armory or production facility :).

freyr's mother
April 23rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
I want to see drones being used and a huge fight with the Daedalus and Orion vs. some hiveships. Also, some pj dogfights between atlantis expedition and some kind of enemy like the genii pre coup't de etat. An enemy that is at about the U.S level of tech with fighter jets.

asgardcmndr
April 25th, 2006, 06:37 AM
I want the team to find some secret research lab where an Ancient was creating some personal fighters - like PJs but much much cooler. Wraith ships look much cooler than Ancient ships and I still hate the look the the PJ. I just like to hope we'll see something cooler, the Ancients did seem to have a sense for design, I just wonder why it never made it into their ships.

Darkstar
April 25th, 2006, 07:14 AM
well for season Three i would like to see Atlantis cut off from earth by some means, to have them shipping across space back home and then back is silly, i mean it made for a decent episode in season Two but thats all, being cut off means we don't have to rely on people from earth to help out, and while we are touching on the subject that SGA is in some ways parralel or similar to ST-VOY why not introduce an enemy worsr than the Wraith, im not sure if these Asuran or whatever HZ aliens are going to be like but the wraith need to be taught a lesson in manners by a bigger bully by season, so lets hope that happens :D

Spooks99
April 25th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I really don't want to see the wraith replaced as the primary enemy--certainly not for several seasons. I think they have the most potential of any Stargate villians, and want to see them developed more while the show returns to the sense of menace that pervaded season 1.

I don't think Atlantis needs to be cut off from Earth in order to accomplish this, either--it's clear that even with all of Earth's resources, we still can't defeat the larger threat yet, only win a battle here and there. I prefer our current style of fighting a guerilla war against the wraith, in a sense, rather than a full-scale engagement.

I love the wraith as an enemy--they are truly implacable, and their motivation is great--I was getting tired of the Gua'ould as the clich&#233;, power-hungry villians out for galactic domination. I love that for the wraith, the issue is one of survival, and it's the Ancients who are in the wrong for being arrogant enough to put the survival of one species above another. Sure, the wraith take pleasure in killing/feeding, and it's not like they're just misunderstood--they don't want to change, or find another way, and they genuinely seem to believe themselves to be superior beings who deserve their food, no matter what the cost to anybody else. They aren't entirely selfish creatures, though, unlike the Gua'ould. They seem to actually have some loyalty to each other, at least within each hive. When Michael's hive found him, for example, I got the sense that he was being welcomed back into the fold, welcomed home. Of course we don't know much yet about the wraith social structure, but I hope this will be substantiated and developed in further episodes. One-dimensional villains are always boring. Which is why I hope that the Ori actually aren't lying about the whole ascension thing, and aren't in it just for domination, but genuinely believe that they are helping their followers discover the path to enlightenment. Not that I want the Ancients to be evil, either, just for them to have a legitimately different perspective--ie.., that enlightenment is for everyone to find or not on their own, and that it's not worth killing people over.

RepliHawk
April 28th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I want to atlantis get their hands on more ZPMs.

Spudster
April 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I want to get my hands on more ZPMs lol

npattis
April 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM
The removal of Major Lorne.

ShadowMaat
April 28th, 2006, 05:41 PM
NO MORE CROSSOVERS!!!!

How's that? ;)

npattis
April 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
As well, the demotion of Sheppard would be better for all.

Linzi
April 28th, 2006, 11:38 PM
NO MORE CROSSOVERS!!!!

How's that? ;)
Yeah, what she said!

Luz
April 29th, 2006, 06:19 AM
NO MORE CROSSOVERS!!!!

How's that? ;)
WORD!, for everything that is holy, no more crossovers, i don't care for seeing time wasted on some characters from some t.v show i don't even watch, when it could be used on characters from my favorite t.v show, for whom i do care. If i wanted to watch SG1 i'd watch SG1, i stopped watching SG1 because i couldn't stand the characters, and now it seems i'll have to put up with them being on SGA :( .

Happy_Gate
April 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I want to see more of wraith society. Maybe TPTB should have an episode where atlantis crew recon a wraith breeding ground!

Wallis
April 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
1. Demote McKay to five minutes air time.

2. Have a competent military commander replace Dr. Weir.

3. Have more plots centered around the Wraith vs. the Wraith.

4. More interpersonal relationships between all of the major characters (sans McKay--we've had enough of him).

5. More background information on the other major characters. We still do not know why they act and think the way they do. They are still too cardboard and mere "fodder" for the "Dr. McKay Show."

IcyNeko
April 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I want to see them lose their accinet data base and pudlejumprshipps.
... oh, and a decent plot would be nice. No more Nazi Germany-esque Atlantis, plz. Herr Fuhrer Weir is getting on my nerves.

konartis
May 1st, 2006, 03:01 PM
i want them to make the wraith more powerful, at least give them shields now
and less stupid. dont end up making them like the goa uld

FoolishPleasure
May 1st, 2006, 06:30 PM
I want to see more of wraith society. Maybe TPTB should have an episode where atlantis crew recon a wraith breeding ground!
BSG did an episode from the Cylon POV that was very interesting. I doubt TPTB would go there though.

prion
May 1st, 2006, 06:59 PM
i want them to make the wraith more powerful, at least give them shields now
and less stupid. dont end up making them like the goa uld

Yes, let's smarten up the wraith. One of the biggest mistakes with the Gou'ald was making them too arrogant and badly dressed (the two seem to come together) so it came to the point that all Gou'ald got boring, and cloning Ba'al was a big mistake as they've killed him off how many times now? Stale....

More drama, less comedy (hoping that the 'irreisistable' episode is the ONLY one of its kind in season 3)

RepliHawk
May 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
I just want to see more ships battle each other

Nearfantastica
May 2nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
I want to know more about the creator's of the Nano virus in Season One's "Hot Zone." Rodney makes a comment at the end of that ep that he doesn't know who created it, but he hopes they're not still around. I hate it when little tags are added in episodes and then they never go anywhere, so I'm hoping that they resolve this issue.

Other than that, most of my wants have been mentioned already. More character development, less crossovers, etc.

Regardless, I'll watch it, and if it doesn't live up to my expectations, I'll come here to gripe about it:sheppard:

Damar
May 3rd, 2006, 02:25 AM
More Genii, in a role as the new allies of Atlantis, saving their butts.

F302pilot777
May 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM
:cameronanime12: :cameronanime12: i would love to see more ancients guns:psycho: [email protected]

lissa1000
May 3rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
1. Demote McKay to five minutes air time.

He's been used too much. I liked him Runner and the end of Trinity. A little bit of Rodney goes a long way. They should make him less cartoonish and a little nicer. I plan on skipping the episode with his sister. If he's half as annoying in that episode as he was in Grace Under Pressure, then I'd be better off watching my Buffy dvds.;)

Wilson3Girl
May 3rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
A little bit of Rodney goes a long way. They should make him less cartoonish and a little nicer.

Bleck. A nice Rodney=booooring, in my opinion.

Wilson3Girl

Betelgeuze
May 4th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I want to see more exploration of Atlantis, and more Ancient tech in general.

More about the Wraith, like their culture and their technology.

I want to see Michael again.

Some more info on the Ancients, not just their technology.

More character development.

More interaction with humans from the pegasus galaxy.

And: no more crossovers

Elinor
May 4th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I want to see:

Rodney say something nice to a work colleague eg. I mean give really REALLY good praise to a fellow scientist for a job absolutely brilliantly well done. Hee! I think that might be impossible!! He could explode!!

Ronan - has to have his hair cut for some reason (er...space nits?) and it makes him even more grumpy...but 'cos he's an alien it grows back within a week. Gotta keep the dreadlocks! Cool!!

Hermiod - it's finally decided that...yes...it is inappropriate that he doesn't wear any clothing and is forced to wear suspenders and pants! It just seems right!!

Teyla - bigger guns and sticks! Go Teyla!!

Weir - let her have a REALLY good giggle over something! She needs a break bless her!!

Carson - getting a hug from someone! He deserves it!! Sterling job there!

Novak - by some strange astronomical accident she loses her proneness to bouts of hiccups...and they get transferred to Hermiod! Asgard with hiccups...could be entertaining!!

Caldwell - um...is he in s3?

Zelenka - a big snog from Lizbeth! We all know he's got a huge crush!!

John - wearing leather or shirtless...I ain't fussy!! Honest...I'm really not!
PLEAASSSE give us Shep fans something!!!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-018.gif

bluealien
May 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Less of Rodney - he's good in small doses but season two had way too much McKay and I found Grace Under Pressure to be pure torture. (Skipping the episode about his sister.

More background info on the characters especially Sheppard.

Less of Dr Weir -

More exploration of Atlantis.

More exploration of ancient devices and technology.

An episode where McKay doesn't save the day at the tenth hour.

Give Sheppard more gritty stuff to do - not terminator crap like Storm/Eye.

More Sheppard screentime in general.

Less Weir.

Did I mention less Weir.

llama
May 9th, 2006, 11:49 PM
i want to see more space battles. and i think atlantis should give the daedalus the zpm for when the daedalus goes into battle so the shields are stronger and when they get back they can give atlantis the zpm back

atlantis_babe34
May 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
ok for a start

1. Eveybody relaxing when they are not trying to save Earth and Atlantis. Besides the work-out's and Shepp Watching football, what does Carson do?, Mckay?(stupid question i no lol) and Liz.

2. More Character episodes. Can we please stop basing them on some scientific term that half of us can't pronouce

3. When Liz goes offworld can she atleast carry a sidearm or a small wratih sunner for cryin' out loud, that has always bugged me. i hope they fix it

4. Have Shepp actully stop sleeping with Alien women lol . does he have any feelings for Human women?(like me;) )

i have more bu i wouldnt bore you with it

:sheppard: =;)