Need a hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a hand.

First off, I'd like to say that I really love the feel of Horizon, and with the exception of minor errors, it's really a fantastic series. As a matter of fact, the 3-d modeling skills I DO have, I learned from attempting to model various interiors of Horizon itself.

I've also been intrigued at how quickly you guys put together each episode.

I've looked all around for assistance on my project, and I figured the Horizon site might be able to help me out. So, without further ado, here's my humble request.

Now please note, I am not trying to plug my own stuff here (I don't even have a site yet), I'm simply requesting assistance from anyone with writing skills (not currently associated with the Horizon project). I've been working on my own non-stargate series called Starseer: Hyperion for the last several years now. However, what with my new duties in the army, my script-writing for the series has somewhat come to a bottleneck. I still work on the series when I can, and my original intention was to film it someday. However, right now I'm looking to create something along the lines of what Stargate Horizon has done with its scripts.

I'm looking for people to assist in writing and editing etc. my series. It would be weekly, like Horizon, and is based as follows:

After the discovery of highly advanced technologies in the desert, a group of six of the world's richest men (and women, of course) decide to construct a huge starship, the Hyperion, to explore (and exploit the resources of) the surrounding star-systems. The U.S. military signs a deal with the group, known as "The Association", places personnel in command of the vessel, along with weapons, fighters, and a small contingion of military personnel. The ship launches as planned, but the only way the ship is capable of jumping to other systems is to manipulate the gravitational forces of the sun. (The ship must fly straight at the sun to do this)

They arrive in a system where, to the crew's surprise, they encounter a clan of humans living on a planet. They quickly learn that humans are not only alone in the universe, but there are also other clans of us living throughout the galaxy. The crew discovers that humans are the remnants of a powerful inter-galactic empire that collapsed fifteen thousand years ago, and that we once wielded cosmic powers.

They also learn humanity's ancient secret -- that our former empire was destroyed by a conquering enemy known only as "The Scourge." Our distant ancestors signed an armistice treaty with The Scourge giving them full control of the galaxy, enslavement of the galactic core, leaving only the outer-rim planets and remote pockets of humanity free.

In return, the remnants of humankind were prohibited from interstellar travel -- a treaty inadvertently broken by Hyperion and her crew.

About this time, the still-active (and very hard to kill) Scourge shows up, attacks Hyperion and the colony she is visiting. Hyperion escapes, but her Commander and three of her core crew are captured.

Hyperion, having survived in the system's asteroid field, is quickly repaired, and the crew sets out on a daring rescue mission aboard one of the Scourge's carrier vessels. The Hyperion crew is retrieved, the carrier badly damaged, and Hyperion continues her mission, with the added burden of defending Earth.

The Scourge, however, initiates a contingency plan, and begins a mobilization of their forces, beginning what they call "The Great Purge," a plan to eradicate all human life from the galaxy.

And off this, the episode ends and Hyperion's adventure begins.

So far, I have the basic storylines for most episodes in seasons one and two, and part of three. I even have parts of several episodes written up to and a little past the opening credits.

If you are interested, I can provide these at your request.

Anyway, Hyperion is my baby, and I hate to see it die so early in its life. So if you can assist, your help would be greatly appreciated. Throw me an email at [email protected].

Cheers,
    PV2 Hall

P.S. I just gotta say again, I love Horizon, and keep up the great work, guys!

Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

I don't write for Horizon, but I am a writer looking for a more permanent job. Lately, I've been working on "The Heroes' Quest" virtual series (click on links in my sig to see what it is that I'm talking about). Although I've been very late with many of those episodes, this is due to poor planning in the early stages of the series, and the fact that I tried writing this during the school year. Summer is coming up for me in two or three months, and if you would like me to help write, I'd be glad to help (I can even do a bit now, although it will come along slower than it will later on).

Comment

Originally posted by nhall
      I just gotta say again, I love Horizon, and keep up the great work, guys!
      Thanks.

And good luck with your series.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
        Although I've been very late with many of those episodes, this is due to poor planning in the early stages of the series, and the fact that I tried writing this during the school year. Summer is coming up for me in two or three months, and if you would like me to help write, I'd be glad to help (I can even do a bit now, although it will come along slower than it will later on).
        That's great! Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I'll send you the additional information on the series as soon as possible.

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
        Thanks.

And good luck with your series.
        Thanks for the support. I hope I fare as well as you and yours have

Cheers,
        PV2 Hall
        Last edited by nhall; 22 March 2006, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I thought he was offering his 3d services?
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            Something we could really use. Having CG animations of the Horizon interiors is something we're still planning to have at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              Who, me? I could see what I could come up with, if you guys would like (most of the meshes I had made were extremely low poly, I'd like to start from scratch, actually) I did however make my rendition of one of the transparant-monitor control consoles, if you'd like to see.Keep in mind it's not really finished, and the screen textures are just to give an idea of what it should look like.

Last edited by nhall; 30 March 2006, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Who, me? I could see what I could come up with, if you guys would like (most of the meshes I had made were extremely low poly, I'd like to start from scratch, actually) I did however make my rendition of one of the transparant-monitor control consoles, if you'd like to see.Keep in mind it's not really finished, and the screen textures are just to give an idea of what it should look like.

Those monitors look really good - some great ideas there.

Make sure to let me know if you're interested in officially becoming a CG designer for the series.

Comment

Neat. I likes. Maybe make the text on the monitors Vorian or something, or a new design.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                    Those monitors look really good - some great ideas there.

Make sure to let me know if you're interested in officially becoming a CG designer for the series.
                    Sure, I'm interested in becoming a CG designer! However, I have a few things to keep in mind. Please keep in mind that I am in the Army, so I don't have too much free time, but enough to get some work done . And also I am still learning some of the more advanced techniques of Lightwave. Other than that, I'd be happy, and honored to help the Horizon team.

Cheers,
                    PV2 Hall

Comment

Sure, I'm interested in becoming a CG designer! However, I have a few things to keep in mind. Please keep in mind that I am in the Army, so I don't have too much free time, but enough to get some work done . And also I am still learning some of the more advanced techniques of Lightwave. Other than that, I'd be happy, and honored to help the Horizon team.

Cheers,
                      PV2 Hall
                      That sounds great. I've sent you a PM.

Comment

http://www.freewebs.com/nhall87/103%20Stranded.pdf

BTW - Here's a teaser from Starseer: Hyperion.

Comment

Working...
                        X