This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD's Season 9

Okay, does anybody know when the DVD-Boxsets will come out? I heard from someone else that the first episode DVD's will come out soon.

The release dates probably differ per country.

No idea about full season boxset, probaby late this year in USA and early next year in Europe, but the first four episodes are going to be released in UK next Monday (Mar 27th) and at the beginning of April in Germany (Apr 4th).

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      Hopefully other fans appreciate the info.

Comment

WHy do we have to wait so long for DVDs
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
          Yes, why!!!! WHY!!!!

Comment

You mean boxsets? 'cause single DVDs will be out next week, so if your DVD player is multiregional, you can buy these

Comment

Why we crave for the things we can't get so easy? Because they worth waiting for and also there is the syndication factor: First on TV then on DVD. Also it's about marketing, see the ratings for season 9 (in this case) for first airing, 2nd, 3rd. So based on how this season is regarded by the American public by watching SG-1 on TV, they evaluate how the sales will go, how many boxsets will be issued, all these comparing with the ratings-sells for previous seasons. This is what I think WHY.

If it was a retorical question: because SG-1 worth waiting for.
              If it is a quetion: it's all about the money.
              School is overrated.

Comment

well here in Holland we only can see the new seasons from DVD, they still show old seasons up till season 6 here.

Comment

But I'm guessing that you are up to date with the things that happened between season 6 and 9 (including season 9).
                  School is overrated.

Comment

I know, the waiting is the worst part. But let's not forget, all the behind-the-scenes extras and commentaries are also being set up during this time. Putting all that together on the DVDs takes some time, and I'm sure will be well worth the wait.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                      But I'm guessing that you are up to date with the things that happened between season 6 and 9 (including season 9).
                      Yes, i have all the season boxes 1 - 8, S9 i followed, but there is no other way to judge it before buying a boxset that isn't that cheap. I eventually want the originals, I like how they fill my moviewall
                      Wonder on the boxdesign will be, cause box S8 was presumed to be the last one in the row.

Comment

I hope that the extras are the same for the U.S. as they were for the UK. boxsets. The U.K. version had more extras for season eight. I hope that is not the case for season nine.

One thing that they had extra was the 2 part special Behind the Gate Secerts Revealed.

I hope they plan on putting those in the season nine boxset for the U.S. version.

Comment

At least there aren't any 90 minute episodes for them to screw up.
                          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

The season boxsets usually come out around October of the following year that they aired...

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
                            X