X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entity in Lockdown

Spoilers, S8 and 7 or 6
    In Lockdown, Anubis comes to the SGC in the form of an ascended spirit. In a previous episode, Daniel had said that "Anubis is part Goa'Uld, part Ascended Ancient." If he was a spirit who needed a force field to retain a shape (As was mentioned in Lockdown), how was he part Goa'Uld? Did Daniel just mean that he played a god like a Goa'Uld??
    Also, why was he so afraid of having his ship blown up at the end of Lost City? He knew he could just float around as a spirit. Maybe he was just roally pissed off at the Tau'Ri?
    Last edited by Sierra Golf 1; 05 August 2004, 05:33 AM.
    Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
    O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

He was nce a powerful Goa'uld System Lord, but was banished by the others because his actions were deemed unspeakable. He then learned to ascend. The Ancients did not want the Goa'uld to join them, and tried to force him to descend. Hence why he became trapped between the two planes of existence.
    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Just because you ascend, does not mean your lineage changes. In fact, Daniel was a bit off in that observation. You don't become an Ancient because you ascend. That'd be totally assinine. Hot spanish girl... *drool* Oh oh yeah. Uhh. >_< So yeah. He was probably afraid because of all he had worked to accomplish is now in smitherines. I doubt he knew for sure that he could exist as a free roaming sentient energy.

Comment

SPOILERS for Lockdown

He still exists in our plane, not the ascended plane. In addition, he can take hosts like a Goa'uld as we saw in Lockdown, but he seems to have a very "infectious" affect on them. According to Daniel, he also has the powers of an ascended being, or at least some of them. Therefore, he's a cross between the two existences.
        Last edited by VirtualCLD; 26 July 2004, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Bad accommodation? As a powerful system lord, he's used to having servants following him around, doing his bidding. He lives in a nicely decorated ship, with a sizable fleet. He's free to harass any Goa'uld he wants, terrorize the galaxy like a big bad wolf. I suspect he giggled like a little girl whenever he gained a new weapon or a new ancient technology. Now, fast forward to his time to Earth. Let's face it, to Anubis Earth is a primitive planet. He is eager to escape and rebuild his empire. On Earth, everyone hates his fashion-victim tooshie. Deep down inside his evil black heart, he can't help but feel lonely. He is an introverted person, he can't express his feeling like a normal person. It is only by galatic domination, he can finally be popular albeit in a twisted sort of way.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
            Bad accommodation? As a powerful system lord, he's used to having servants following him around, doing his bidding. He lives in a nicely decorated ship, with a sizable fleet. He's free to harass any Goa'uld he wants, terrorize the galaxy like a big bad wolf. I suspect he giggled like a little girl whenever he gained a new weapon or a new ancient technology. Now, fast forward to his time to Earth. Let's face it, to Anubis Earth is a primitive planet. He is eager to escape and rebuild his empire. On Earth, everyone hates his fashion-victim tooshie. Deep down inside his evil black heart, he can't help but feel lonely. He is an introverted person, he can't express his feeling like a normal person. It is only by galatic domination, he can finally be popular albeit in a twisted sort of way.
            Are you planning to write a book on Goa'uld sociology sometime soon?
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I think it may have been mentioned somewhere, but I'm getting confused very easily... Isn't the title to this thread just a little spoilery?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                I think it may have been mentioned somewhere, but I'm getting confused very easily... Isn't the title to this thread just a little spoilery?

That's what I said in the other one. No one does anything unless it's a minor spoiler then they all freak out, but a major spoiler is fine in the title.
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

lol Some people are never satisified!
                  __

__

Comment

Big Spoiler In The Title You Fool!!!

Comment

lol Always pointing it out, eh Teal'c? lol
                      __

__

Comment

Well ,to be fair to Teal'c,there are a lot of Spoilery Thread titles around the Boards at the moment !

Apparently, all any Poster has to do, if they want Thread titles changed,is press the "Violation" button, and report it to the Mods, though !

::Has vision of Mods collapsing through overwork ! ::

:: Slinks away.....:: Just trying to be helpful guys.....I'm not trying to Police the Forum
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Really? lol *siren rings*
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Golf 1
                            Spoilers, S8 and 7 or 6
                            In Lockdown, Anubis comes to the SGC in the form of an ascended spirit. In a previous episode, Daniel had said that "Anubis is part Goa'Uld, part Ascended Ancient." If he was a spirit who needed a force field to retain a shape (As was mentioned in Lockdown), how was he part Goa'Uld? Did Daniel just mean that he played a god like a Goa'Uld??
                            Also, why was he so afraid of having his ship blown up at the end of Lost City? He knew he could just float around as a spirit. Maybe he was just roally pissed off at the Tau'Ri?
                            He was just pissed off because he lost a lot of his status, being defeated by the Tau'ri. He knew what the other Gou'ould would be thinking about him later. The only thing larger than his ambitions was his ego.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                            X