This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm wrong but why not

Maybe I'm wrong but why not spit back qoutes from religious text from Earth. I know Daniel did it once and it kind of threw the prior off a little didn't it. Why not not say something like, Mose said to the Pharoah, Let my people go. Why not mention the plague, stuff like that. I said thing from the Bible because thats what I know. Don't limit it to that.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Originally posted by jash
    Maybe I'm wrong but why not spit back qoutes from religious text from Earth. I know Daniel did it once and it kind of threw the prior off a little didn't it. Why not not say something like, Mose said to the Pharoah, Let my people go. Why not mention the plague, stuff like that. I said thing from the Bible because thats what I know. Don't limit it to that.
    Yes but manipulating their own text against them would be much more effective, ifr people question someones religion they go for what that religion preaches, they dont compare it to their own
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I don't think sending our own religious text's is a good idea, they'll probably just start running paraells between the two, and basically cause a number of less inteliigent people in the goverment to start reconsidering the position on the Ori.

I think that using their own religous texts against them would work, confuse them a bit.

Comment

I think we should confused them and send stuff like Humpty Dumpty... but rewritten to be sorta Medieval

The wise but cynical Humpty Dumpty sat upon the great wall of his forefathers. A brisk wind blew and Humpty Dumpty fell a great fall. The Kings and all his men arrived upon the scene, however no matter how hard they tried they were unable to put Humpty together again. Then Ra came and blessed was Humpty as he was made anew as a Jaffa.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Yes but manipulating their own text against them would be much more effective, ifr people question someones religion they go for what that religion preaches, they dont compare it to their own
          I agree on that. Without a doubt, using their own writings for our own purposes is a much more useful tactic.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
          X