PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm wrong but why not

jash
March 20th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but why not spit back qoutes from religious text from Earth. I know Daniel did it once and it kind of threw the prior off a little didn't it. Why not not say something like, Mose said to the Pharoah, Let my people go. Why not mention the plague, stuff like that. I said thing from the Bible because thats what I know. Don't limit it to that.

The Signal
March 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but why not spit back qoutes from religious text from Earth. I know Daniel did it once and it kind of threw the prior off a little didn't it. Why not not say something like, Mose said to the Pharoah, Let my people go. Why not mention the plague, stuff like that. I said thing from the Bible because thats what I know. Don't limit it to that.
Yes but manipulating their own text against them would be much more effective, ifr people question someones religion they go for what that religion preaches, they dont compare it to their own

TjomasC
March 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I don't think sending our own religious text's is a good idea, they'll probably just start running paraells between the two, and basically cause a number of less inteliigent people in the goverment to start reconsidering the position on the Ori.

I think that using their own religous texts against them would work, confuse them a bit.

thenimf
March 20th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I think we should confused them and send stuff like Humpty Dumpty... but rewritten to be sorta Medieval

The wise but cynical Humpty Dumpty sat upon the great wall of his forefathers. A brisk wind blew and Humpty Dumpty fell a great fall. The Kings and all his men arrived upon the scene, however no matter how hard they tried they were unable to put Humpty together again. Then Ra came and blessed was Humpty as he was made anew as a Jaffa.

the fifth man
March 20th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Yes but manipulating their own text against them would be much more effective, ifr people question someones religion they go for what that religion preaches, they dont compare it to their own

I agree on that. Without a doubt, using their own writings for our own purposes is a much more useful tactic.:)