This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene transitions

Towards the end of season 1 we started seeing the city fly-through transition between scenes in the Atlantis city. Then they stopped doing it again for the first half to 3/4 of S2, then started doing it again.

Your opinion - do you like the zoom-and-fly-through-the-city transitions or not?

My vote, I like them. Gives a sense of scale and placing to events.
    First, please use spoiler tags. If I want to know what happens in the show I'll watch it. Second, if you don't like the show, stop watching it. That way you won't feel the need to complain that a sci-fi entertainment show has "plot holes" or "isn't realistic". There is a difference between commenting on an episode you didn't like and constantly complaining about the series as a whole. After all, why torture yourself by watching something you don't like...

I love them. Particularly in LGB
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm somehow ambivalent. For one thing, it looks cool. For another, it looks terribly CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        I'm somehow ambivalent. For one thing, it looks cool. For another, it looks terribly CGI.
        Yeah I agree. It does look alot cgi.
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Endeavour
          Towards the end of season 1 we started seeing the city fly-through transition between scenes in the Atlantis city. Then they stopped doing it again for the first half to 3/4 of S2, then started doing it again.

Your opinion - do you like the zoom-and-fly-through-the-city transitions or not?

i liked the way it moved from tower to tower it added to the tension of the episode wondering if a dart was going to fly into one of the towers or if one of the towers was going to explode.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Yeah, they should go to the real Atlantis and film some stock footage so they don't have to use as much CGI

Comment

I always love them.

Mattathias

Comment

You know..... I never really noticed......

Comment

They are a bit Matrix-esque in my opinion, which is a good thing
                  A million monkeys were given a million typewriters. It's called the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Endeavour

Everything in moderation I guess. I don't mind seeing it from time to time, but too often and it becomes somewhat overdone.

Comment

I think they give a sense of the size of the city, but then again I think they were overused in The Siege(s) I mean isn't the city still meant to be largely unexplored, with no ZPM (until season 2) to power certain areas yet there are people goin' everywhere and the camera is zooming all over the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                        Yeah, they should go to the real Atlantis and film some stock footage so they don't have to use as much CGI
                        They could at least try to make it look less CGI . They've done a great job on a lot of other things, why not Atlantis?

Comment

...Budget?
                          Well, I really like this effect...Maybe it's just me though...Just the entire concept of flying around and through the city with a camera.

*Puts fingers in ears and humms loudly* No, it's not CGI! *Continues to hum loudly*

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by somethinghuman
                            I think they give a sense of the size of the city, but then again I think they were overused in The Siege(s) I mean isn't the city still meant to be largely unexplored, with no ZPM (until season 2) to power certain areas yet there are people goin' everywhere and the camera is zooming all over the city.
                            maybe because of the urgency of the situation and the fact that the wraith didn't know that some parts of the city couldn't be powered until a zpm was installed so when the team noticed that the wraith were beaming in everywhere they said to hell with it we're doomed anyway we might as well go down fighting and decided to spread out across the city and since the city was no longer on the ocean floor they didn't have to worry about draining more power from the shield so they could spread out across the city as much as they like and if you recall in the mid-season 2 parter sheppard was running all over the city sabotaging it he took transporters ran across that bridge and hung around the grounding stations and ran through the city taking out genii troops he also activated the stargate shield to prevent genii reinforcements from coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill
                              maybe because of the urgency of the situation and the fact that the wraith didn't know that some parts of the city couldn't be powered until a zpm was installed so when the team noticed that the wraith were beaming in everywhere they said to hell with it we're doomed anyway we might as well go down fighting and decided to spread out across the city and since the city was no longer on the ocean floor they didn't have to worry about draining more power from the shield so they could spread out across the city as much as they like and if you recall in the mid-season 2 parter sheppard was running all over the city sabotaging it he took transporters ran across that bridge and hung around the grounding stations and ran through the city taking out genii troops he also activated the stargate shield to prevent genii reinforcements from coming through.

Very true my friend, you are veeeerry wise. I guess it is just my wish to see more stuff happen in unexplored areas of the city and the producers can use the lovely fly through the city effect to get me there

Comment

Working...
                              X