Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abuse of Cylon prisoners goes unnoticed? (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abuse of Cylon prisoners goes unnoticed? (spoilers)

For instance, we pretty much know now that the Cylons dont even all support the war (Cavil, etc), and may not have played any part in the Cylon destruction of mankind.

Yet when confronted with two preachers who had likely done nothing to the human race - Roslin ordered their execution. Evidence that the Cylons are right?

Why exactly do the Colonials display hardly any thought about the implications of what they are doing?

Dosent executing someone because they are a Cylon alone amount to racial profiling, ethnic cleansing, etc?

They are machines.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      They are machines.
      So are we...the only difference is were organic, not mechanical.

How many people/cultures has OUR humanity obliterated?

Blitz
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

they are programmed, they destroyed 12 colonies.

You cant keep them alive, Roslin cant take that risk.
        .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Were programed from what were taught at school, from the beliefs we learn from our family.
          They work in unification (mostly)

we split off, kill, we just dont do it on such large numbers
          Blitz

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Yes exactly - the Colonials have been acting just as bad as any Cylon, who are living creatures just as they are - they arnt the Borg, they are individuals with individual beliefs.

Comment

Yes exactly - the Colonials have been acting just as bad as any Cylon, who are living creatures just as they are - they arnt the Borg, they are individuals with individual beliefs.
              Dude come on.
              Are humans mean? Yes.
              Are Cyclons alive? Yes. They are all alive, even the fighters are alive (as seen in the Scar episode).The 12 are (as seen so far) the most human like they love, they hate, they lie, they reproduce.

The only thing that Roslin’s desire (no evidence that it actually happened – well at least I don’t think it happened) to airlock the priests shows is that she is pretty fraked off at the Cyclans. You know the race of beings that less than a year ago killed about 99.99% of [b]ALL KNOWN[b] HUMAN life in the galaxy.

In that same situation, I would have found it hard not to take one of the soliders guns and shot the priests in their faces.

99.99% remember that number.

Comment

Is that such a bad thing?

Humanity isnt known for its...endearing qualities. Were killing ourselves. *O-zone/ polution*. We kill, we hurt each other, we go to war for stupid idiotic reasons. The craze 'happy slapping' is a just example.

If the Cylon's believe that we, as a human species had fallen from grace and gona awy of the given path, and believed themselves as Gods messengers - then they simply were doing what we did a few 1000 years ago, and still do today.

Purge the world (galaxy) of those that had walked off the given path...while they may have done it for the wrong reasons - it is no worse than waht we have done (in the real world) in the contex of eradicating civilisations...'to better them' or to simply plunder.

Perception is the key to everything.

Blitz
                Blitz

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRanger3d
                  Dude come on.
                  Are humans mean? Yes.
                  Are Cyclons alive? Yes. They are all alive, even the fighters are alive (as seen in the Scar episode).The 12 are (as seen so far) the most human like they love, they hate, they lie, they reproduce.

The only thing that Roslin’s desire (no evidence that it actually happened – well at least I don’t think it happened) to airlock the priests shows is that she is pretty fraked off at the Cyclans. You know the race of beings that less than a year ago killed about 99.99% of [b]ALL KNOWN[b] HUMAN life in the galaxy.

In that same situation, I would have found it hard not to take one of the soliders guns and shot the priests in their faces.

99.99% remember that number.
                  Thats the same as saying Jews should kill all Christians they come across simply because Hitler was a Lutherian.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix.CF
                    they are programmed, they destroyed 12 colonies.

You cant keep them alive, Roslin cant take that risk.
                    Funny how Roslin could take any risk when her own life was at stake, though...

Comment

not unnoticed. just uncaring. like abu grab prision

human cylons are humans. just better.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior3535
                        Thats the same as saying Jews should kill all Christians they come across simply because Hitler was a Lutherian.
                        Dude you should join a track team, because that is one of the longest jumps in logic I have seen in a long long time.

I have two main problems with your example.

Cause
                        The cause for hatred between Jews and Hitler was not due to his Christianity but due to his Nazism. It was not the Nazi’s Christianity that caused them to murder so many people it was their Nazism. So your example should read - Jews should kill all Nazi’s they come across.

Time Frame
                        If within a year of the holocaust a survivor met a Nazi, I would expect that survivor 9 out of 10 to kill that Nazi.

Therefore within a year of the murder of 99.99% of the murder of all human life I would expect the fleet to kill the 100% of the Cyclons the run across. As of yet we have not seen that many Cyclons who were opposed to the destruction of the human race.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRanger3d
                          Therefore within a year of the murder of 99.99% of the murder of all human life I would expect the fleet to kill the 100% of the Cyclons the run across. As of yet we have not seen that many Cyclons who were opposed to the destruction of the human race.
                          But there's still that pesky baby... But just to draw the Nazi anaploy out a little further: MY oldest sister's first husband was German, and most of his family was killed in the Allied firebombing of Dresden. Oddly enough, he emmigrated to England soon after the war and spent twenty-five years there without killing a single RAF vet.

Comment

Why not torture them? Why not space 'em? Is the general public, if they find out, really going to care? The only thing to keep you from killing the people who committed genocide against your race are the other people. In this case everyone is in the same boat. Everyone in the fleet is a victim of attempted genocide. Besides, what are you supposed to do with them? Just drop them off at the nearest Basestar? I think the whole airlock trick takes care of that. It just takes a little longer to get there.

Comment

I agree I mean what is the big problem with killing a few of them? Like you said they atempted to wipe out the entire human race, they have the right to be fracked off and the right to space a few of them, the priest didn’t care, in fact I think he actually understood why they would want to do that to him, and he didn’t seem to hold anything against them.

Same goes for that dude that Kara tortured then spaced (cant remember his name), we see him come back at the end of season 2…we don’t know why but I don’t think it is to kill her, maybe it is to thank he for showing him something that he was missing? I am guessing that he is part of the group of Cylons that don’t want to wipe of the human race…..

Comment

Working...
                              X