Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Season 9 is over, has your opinion changed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Season 9 is over, has your opinion changed?

Season 9 came and went... a lot of forum peeps hated the changed. They missed Jack. They thought the writing was substandard. They didn't like the storylines.

However, Season 9 is now over, and the Ori invasion of the galaxy has begun. Did you like the ending? Did you like the build-up? Were the last 10 episodes better then the first 10?

Have you gotten used to Mitchell and the new "feel" or do you think you'll need another season to get used to it? Or do you still firmly believe that you won't get used to it?

Basically - post away - has your opinion of season 9 changed?

Let's see. I definitely liked the ending of "Camelot". The season really went out on a high note IMO. And as for the build-up to the finale, I believe it was well done. Several eps this season set us up for the events that took place in "Camelot".

As for the last ten eps being better than the first ten, I wouldn't necessarily say that. I really enjoyed most of this season. And as for getting used to the new "feel" of the show, I am so there. The awesome additions of Ben, Claudia, and Beau really made that easy in my book.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For me, at first I was a little sceptical. But that sure did change.

When I first heard that RDA was leaving, I was like "WHAT?!?!" and then decided that the next season would be a complete come apart with out Jack. And I also decided that nobody could ever replace Jack.

Guess I got proven wrong. Took me to about 5 episodes or so to warm up to Cameron Mitchell as the leader of SG-1. And now I've really grown to like him. I went back and rewatched the first 7 episodes the other day, and could actually sit back and enjoy them without fussing over Cam taking Jack's place. So all in all, I am very pleased with the character, and I think that he is more than worthy of his place on the show.

The last episode... wow. It left me speechless that's for sure. I just kinda had to sit and regroup for about 15 minutes (but that didn't last long cuz Atlantis got me just as worked up). It had me glued to the TV. And that cliffhanger at the end, oh I was (and still sorta am) furious at having to wait so long to find out what happens! Lets just say that both SG1 and SGA left me drained by the time it was all over.

Overall, yes, my general opinion has changed. I starting watching this season thinking that it would be a flop and not any good, but now I think that season nine has become my overall favorite. And now that it's all over I can honestly say that I can NOT wait at all for season 10 to arrive.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I honestly liked it from the beginning and I can't say that my opinion has changed. I still think it is great. Mitchell and Landry are both cool, I love Vala, and let's just say bring on season ten.
        Rocky

Comment

I have liked the entire season (bar a few episodes.)

I personally perfer Mitchell to Jack and have liked him since the first episode.

Great season ending. Unlike some others in the past i have no clue as to how they will deal these new Ori ships. There entire galaxy seems to be out of its depth.

Ever since they were first introduced i have wanted to know more about 'the gate builders.' Season 10 has plenty of things to indicate it will be filled with Ancient mythology.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Season nine had alot of slow eps that I didn't care for, but the beginning, ending, and a few in the middle were really good. I think they've set the stage for what could be a very awesome season 10. Anyone else hoping to see a roaming band of Arthurs knights fighting against the Ori? And more mellee sword combat?

Comment

i agree with the slow episodes but i guess they were needed for the new characters. It will always be different without Jack but it has defidently improved as the season progressed. BRING ON S10!!!

Comment

Some of the later episodes were marginally more interesting than the first half of the season. But overall...no. S9 still represents the most boring, poorest quality season of all for me. I've taped the episodes - just in case I ever change my mind - but can't see me watching them again to be honest.

I don't mind change in a show. It's inevitable that a show grows over 9 seasons. Change can be good. But change has to be done sympathetically, fitting in with everything the show has been up to this point. Otherwise it simply doesn't gell. Which is sadly what's happened here. Change for change's sake and network interference rarely produce something that works. SG1, sadly, isn't the exception to that rule.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed this new season and found it quite refreshing then the old formula where the Goa'uld were feared but could be beaten with one hand tied behind their back. Can't wait for the next season now.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

NO--the only change is the total loss of hope that I will ever see Stargate again beyond my 1-8 dvd set.

It has nothing to do with RDA--I was never attached to one character but to the team.
                    The team is gone...................................

Comment

With the exception of perhaps one or two episodes, I enjoyed season 9 very much. Great stories, great new characters, new enemy... is it July yet???

Comment

I felt season 8 was pretty lame, but once I got used to the new characters in season 9 (about 2-3 episodes), I really enjoyed it. Seems to have some of the old Stargate feel to it now. I liked Vala, Landry, all the old timers, and REALLY like Mitchell.

The only newbie I didn't connect with was Dr. Lam and I hope she isn't back next year. She wasn't likeable at all, IMO.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Has my opinion changed? Nope.

Comment

I started with an open mind and a few reservations in my heart. But episode, after episode, my mind and my heart where becoming more and more in sync with each other.

Until the last episode, when both my mind and heart become one. No, my heart won out at last. I may watch the first few episodes of s10 or I may not.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                              S9 still represents the most boring, poorest quality season of all for me.
                              Oddly enough, that's how I see S6, 7, and 8 (with a few exceptions).

It took me a while to accept Mitchell into the fold, but not too much time as I was soon saying, "Jack Who?" With the obvious romantic pressures off of the writers, it's allowed them to get back to Stargates roots: Going to new places and shooting things with a great amount of lead.

Plus watching Mitchell take on the Black Knights was fantastic. Here's hoping to more Excalabur scenes in S10
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                              X