This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did they get there?

I apologize to the moderators for reposting this, but last time it got merged into the Camelot thread, and, if not ignored, then at least not answered. So, I'm gonna try again. Hallowed are the Moderators!

I'm curious if anyone has any idea about how...
    Spoiler:
    an Arthurian society (Camelot) came to be on another planet, when the first gate was still buried, and the second still frozen.

If Merlin moved them by ship, then we're probably looking at an Ancient ship, which has to be in the MW somewhere still, unless it was destroyed. Mayhap Arthur used this ship to go searching for the Grail, and will return in it, to help fight the Ori?
    Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

The worlds that have humans but the Goa'uld don't know about and didn't put them there, I think the humans on those worlds were seeded by the ancients by the device on Dakarra.

Perfecto!

Comment

They could have been taken there by ship , Merlin could have built his own gate the way Orlin did(Ascension Season 5) or they could have been seeded by the Ancients by the Dakara device. They could have beenn there already and Merlin planted the Arthurian legend into their folklore when he came and built his library.
      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Plot hole.

Comment

The Dakara device was used long before, (as I understand it) and even if that did apply, it wouldn't explain their adherance to Arthurian legend.

Orlin had a basic and primitive (in his estimation) tech to work with, microwaves, etc. Merlin didn't even have that. He only had what could be made by a blacksmith, and whatever Ancient technology he had with him at the time.. (the console, the journal, etc). I suppose he might have used some of that...

But I'm still leaning toward Merlin having an Orion/Aurora type ship and taking people, including Arthur, that way. That means there may well be an Ancient ship somewhere in the MW, (and maybe it's being piloted by Arthur... ) As neither of Mitchell's swords were so designated, ten bucks'll get you that if there is an Ancient ship out there, it's called the Excalibur.
          Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Who's to say the Gate was buried. They had to use some type of gate to gate back to Earth. Dah
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              Who's to say the Gate was buried. They had to use some type of gate to gate back to Earth. Dah
              I think you're missing my point. How did the society of Camelot come to be? If they were transplanted to that planet during Arthurian times, (as they'd kinda have to be, to follow his legend) then they either went by ship or by gate.

If they went by ship, then Merlin has an Ancient ship somewhere out there in the MW.

If they went by Gate... how? The Gates on earth at that time were buried in Egypt and Antarctica..

The third possibility which someone suggested is that Merlin simply left Earth and found humans on Camelot and brought the culture to those people, rather than bring humans directly from earth. That's a possibility, too, but unless Merlin descended, then reascended, then descended again, he would still of had to have a ship...

New Thought: What protected Camelot from the System Lords?

Comment

They may have been planted and abandoned by the Goa'uld, then one day Merlin showed up and was all "hey, ill show you a magic trick if you let me put my sword in that rock"

Comment

Here's an explanation:

Stonehenge is actually an ancient teleportation device, which was used to transport people to another identical stonehenge on another planet.

Hows that sound?

Comment

how does this sound?

The Arthurian culture evolved in Camelot and the legend / stories were brought back to earth. just like the legend / stories of Atlantis and its sinking.
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill
                      how does this sound?

The Arthurian culture evolved in Camelot and the legend / stories were brought back to earth. just like the legend / stories of Atlantis and its sinking.
                      Mine was better

Comment

They addressed this in the episode "Demons". In that episode they found a Christian society with a Middle-Ages tech level. Carter made some comment about this being the first conclusive evidence that Goa'uld continued to visit Earth after the rebellion that buried the gate. I need to watch that episode again to remember exactly what the conclusion was.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
                          They addressed this in the episode "Demons". In that episode they found a Christian society with a Middle-Ages tech level. Carter made some comment about this being the first conclusive evidence that Goa'uld continued to visit Earth after the rebellion that buried the gate. I need to watch that episode again to remember exactly what the conclusion was.
                          CARTER
                          The UAV photos were right, there it is. Looks like a church.
                          O'NEILL
                          And that would mean what?
                          TEAL'C
                          That it is most likely Christians reside here, O'Neill.
                          O'NEILL
                          Thank you Teal'c.
                          CARTER
                          Well, this is the first sign of Christianity we've encountered, Sir, in hundreds of missions.
                          DANIEL
                          Which means they probably had to have been taken from somewhere in medieval Europe through the Antarctic gate.
                          TEAL'C
                          By which Goa'uld?
                          DANIEL
                          That's a good question.

Comment

They got there through Merlin's Astria Plothole.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing after I saw Camelot... but got lazy and never posted a thread about it. I assumed that either he built a personal Stargate, a la Orlin, as the both Stargates at the time were buried either in Ice or Sand.

Or he built himself a ship... however I believe it would be easier to built a Stargate that wasn't just a one time use. That's my theory...

Ace
                              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X