This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Hewlett's New Movie 'Nothing'

Last Monday night before the premiere of Stargate Atlantis, they had this half hour show on called 'Inside Movies' take a guess what it's about

Anyways, I caught the last 10 minutes of it, and for a little bit they were talking about this movie called Nothing. It stars David Hewlett, and someone else who was also in Cube. Directed by the same guy who directed Cube.

Basically, the movie goes like this: these two guys are (I guess) best friends and they're living together. They begin to hate the world so much, it all starts to disappear.

I haven't a clue if this movie is out or anything yet. I'd like to know because I'd like to see it.

Last night they replayed the show and I recorded the little segment talking about Nothing. If anyone would be interested in seeing this clip, let me know because I could put it on the web...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

I'd like to know if it's due out in the US/Canada any time soon. I know it's on DVD in Russia and I have been extremely tempted to buy it...

Comment

That's an awesome premise. I wouldn't mind of this perception of reality started melting away.

Comment

Here's a link to what the movie nothing is about, along with a pic of DH. Veeeery wierd.

http://www.straight.com/content.cfm?id=3972
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Strange pic,but seems quite an interesting movie plot.
          I'll look out for a chance to see this,if it gets a UK or Sky showing .
          (*Sigh* Another DH movie to add to my "Wanna See" list.)
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm hooked on Natali's movies, and I think it's awesome that he puts David in all his films 'cause they were in HS together.

LOVED Cube and Cypher was pretty cool even if DH's part was negligible. Nothing sounds like a fun romp, too.

Maybe I will get that Russian DVD... In memory of that Colonel who sacrificed his life to save O'Neill.

Comment

i'll be one to buy it when it's out on DVD... if it isn't already *looks around imdb and amazon.ca* damn...

so maybe with them talking about it on the tele, that might mean that they just might be showing it on tv soon... hopefully lol.

so i could put that little clip up. it's 4.8mbs now...

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                Strange pic,but seems quite an interesting movie plot.
                I'll look out for a chance to see this,if it gets a UK or Sky showing .
                (*Sigh* Another DH movie to add to my "Wanna See" list.)
                what other movies of David's ya been meaning to see?

i've seen Treed Murray, Cube, Clutch, Pin *shudders* have Treed Murray and Cube on DVD and Clutch somewhere on tape.

Comment

*Sniff* All of them !
                  I missed "Cube" on European Sci-Fi Channel a few months ago.....to my shame .I programmed the Vid but got the wrong channel !

One day I'll see these films,but the trouble is,nobody seems willing to stock much in the way of Canadian films ,"Treed Murray" or almost anything else featuring David .(As listed on ImDB)

I'll just have to track down the movies one at a time,through the net sources I've found.

(All I got, when I rang round the bigger stockists here in the U.K., was "David who ?" Sheesh ! One clerk even asked me which dept he worked in! )

I know he's not a "Household name" here,but one fine day,eh ?

Comment

(All I got, when I rang round the bigger stockists here in the U.K., was "David who ?" Sheesh ! One clerk even asked me which dept he worked in! )
                    You think that's bad, I got a lot of "David who?" at Gatecon! Sheesh, people...

Comment

At Gatecon .
                      Oh,well,they'll learn,in the very near future ,I'm sure,if they're Stargate/Atlantis Fans !

Same can't be said for British Stockists.....even in my nearest Forbidden Planet/Ace store,they hadn't the slightest clue,I'm afraid.
                      Obviously, they don't read the mags they stock there !

I ended up showing the counter staff David's piccies, in one of the mags,and telling them about AT and MS's films too....nice chat, and they'll try to get The Cube and Cipher for me if they can .

Weird thing was ....that one of the girls has....wait for it !
                      Read the Food Server Diaries ! Your fame and Luke's is spreading ,Shadow !

Comment

Weird thing was ....that one of the girls has....wait for it !
                        Read the Food Server Diaries ! Your fame and Luke's is spreading ,Shadow !
                        OK, now that's just scary!

Meanwhile, in my obsessive-compulsive need for more info, and seeing as how I've been bloody BANNED from this stupid forum at work because of the blankety-blank ISP hiccup thing (grr) I did some research on Nothing and found a site advertising the 5th Annual Festival of Fantasy, Horror & Science-Fiction. It's sponsored by the American Cinemateque and it takes place at the Egyptian Theatre in LA (heh, Egyptian ).

According to its schedule (and I don't know how accurate the info is), they will be hosting the "LA premiere" of Nothing on 14 August at 6PM with a chat afterwards with Natali and his co-writer (and David's co-star) Andrew Miller.

According to the site "Tickets available 30 days in advance. Tickets are $9 general admission unless noted otherwise." I'm assuming that's for the full deal. Or a per-day thing. Fantastic price any way you look at it. Wish I lived in LA...

Still, the good news is, this hopefully means the US DVDs will be out soon- or maybe it'll be in theatres- which could be better (temporarily) than a Russian DVD. We'll see how things pan out...

Comment

Fingers crossed for all that,Shadow !
                          I read through the info on the link you posted, and I have to say that "played with scuzzy humour", and the pair encountering a "demonic Girl Scout" appealed to my sense of humour.
                          Apparently Vincenzo Natali and Andrew Miller will hold a Discussion after the Premiere,so I hope to read more later .

OT:
                          I know the shopgirl made me jump . As soon as I started talking about David H and "McKay",she said "Oh,that's the guy who tried to P### off Carter !".
                          I replied "Well,...yes." Then she told me loves FanFics,and I recommended Shadowlight Industries,and a few other sites,inc GW .
                          I was a bit taken aback, when she then laughed, and qouted:"Why won't that ------- stay dead".
                          Yes,she loves Luke !
                          Annoyed her Boss,though.Poor girl....she didn't know she's a DJ Fan .I kinda paid and left at that point, ..after recommending some good DJ sites of course in a burst of pacifism. Why can't I just keep my big gob SHUT ?

Comment

my sister was doing some looking around and found this page with a couple pictures from Nothing:

http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2003/Nothing/

one of the pictures is kind of creepy and might give away what happens in the movie... lol.

i'll try to put the clip up later...

Comment

LOVE the last pic! More proof of the true hotness of David Hewlett.

Comment

Working...
                              X