This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra Spotting

So we didn't actually get to see any Tok'ra this past season (one from this reality that is ) but its nice to know they're still around.

9X07 - EX DEUS MACHINA
    The Tok'ra wished for peace talks with the Jaffa Alliance

9X09 - PROTOTYPE
    The Tok'ra discover the planet with Khalek on it in the first place, and then lent SG-1 the shield to restrain him

9X13 - RIPPLE EFFECT
    The Tok'ra have been supplying the SGC with info on the work of the Priors. And of course we got to see Martouf again

9X16 - OFF THE GRID
    The Tok'ra supplied SG-1 with the information about the stolen gates

9x19 - CRUSADE
    The Tok'ra are searching for the Supergate and Carter uses a Tok'ra subspace communicator to mimic the communication device

9x20 - CAMELOT
    Tok'ra still searching for the Supergate, but the really cool thing I missed first time round but some of those ships at the battle were Tok'ra.
    Finally Tok'ra Motherships how cool is that!
    Emerson in response to Carter asking about the Korelev: it's been rushed into service…we're to meet up with as many Jaffa and Tok'ra ships as we can muster…and then destroy that thing by what ever means necessary.

I think that's everything - here's hoping we actually get to see them next year
    sigpic

2ice in a row.
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
      I think that's everything - here's hoping we actually get to see them next year
      I'll second that. Even with Jacob gone, it would still be nice to see the Tok'ra once or twice.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah aha I think the tok'ra are gone for good, they'll only be mentioned in passing because they still live in the galaxy. Spying on the ori is sort of hard to do so the tok'ra are sort of out of a job in my opinion.

*sighs* I miss the glowing eyes and their sexy god voice.
        We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

I hope next season we get a proper recurring Tok'ra character. Most of the ones we knew are dead or else just completely disappeared.

But to be honest, there's not much more of a story they can do with the Tok'ra. Their main goal was to overthrow the goa'uld. And now that's done, they don't really have anything to do- although the fact they have spies all over the galaxy is proving extremely useful for gathering intel (i.e. in the examples you mentioned).

I mean, Jacob was really our main tie to the tok'ra, and most of the stories involved him. But now there's no real tie to them- except for maybe a few one-off episodes when a Tok'ra spy meets up with SG1 offworld to provide intel.

They're still around if they're needed, but the story no longer directly involves them. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Working...
          X