X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obvious Net Question: Wraith vs Goa'uld

In the tradition of Usenet:

Wraith vs Goa'uld. Full-fledged war. Assume they're close enough to bring all their own forces to bear, but also assume no intervention by any of the other races/powers, including Earth. Who wins?

C'mon, somebody had to start it...

I think it's been started in another thread, but anyway...

I'd say, Wraith are fighting to live, i.e. eat, the Goa'uld are just egomaniacs. So far, I'd go with Wraith, but I haven't seen much of them yet to judge them.

Comment

the gos'uld fight each other ... They've the "super-soldier" wich are very very powerfull

Start a new topic at the mid-seasons of Atlantis when we,ll know more about the wraith ... because actually we've only see the "wraith glider" ... their mother ship was under the ground and the forest ... They have probably thousands of mother ship, each with douzens of wraith gliders ... !

Goa'uld can probably took over the wraith body ... it's not sure bu if one goa'uld can enter in a wraith body they can took all their knowledge of close ...
      - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
      - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
      - The Nox

Comment

How does that work for the Goa'uld though? Doesn't the queen have to get a DNA smaple of the host first and then her offspring can take the host? That means any currently living parasite can't take a Wraith because they aren't compatabile.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you took a ton of Kull warriors and put them up against the Wraith, the Kull warriors would kick the crap out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
            How does that work for the Goa'uld though? Doesn't the queen have to get a DNA smaple of the host first and then her offspring can take the host? That means any currently living parasite can't take a Wraith because they aren't compatabile.
            I don't think so. In the movie it was said that Ra came to earth and discovered humans and immediately took a human boy as a host. Also, in "The Tomb" i think a Goa'uld took control of a spider-like creature.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdeyeblind105
              I don't think so. In the movie it was said that Ra came to earth and discovered humans and immediately took a human boy as a host. Also, in "The Tomb" i think a Goa'uld took control of a spider-like creature.
              Yeah, I know, but I thought I heard about the whole queen and host DNA thing somewhere, but the show tends to ignore or follow it at the plot's convenience. Again, though, I could be way off.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                Yeah, I know, but I thought I heard about the whole queen and host DNA thing somewhere, but the show tends to ignore or follow it at the plot's convenience. Again, though, I could be way off.
                The DNA just assures compatiblity with the species for blending, and isn't necessary for the blending itself.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                X