PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor Is In (The U.S.)

chyron
March 17th, 2006, 07:15 PM
So what does everyone think of SciFi carrying it?

I just saw the eps and all I have to say is YEAH BABY! reminds me of when I was younger watching the Tom Baker stint as the Doctor, can't wait to see the Daleks.

LadyShip
March 17th, 2006, 10:25 PM
You can say that again (and again, and again and again...)!

THE DOCTOR IS DEFINITELY IN THE HOUSE!

Cheers to Scifi Channel for bringing us what promises to be a wonderful, excellent ride to Dr.Who's universe...Hail to the Time Lord! Whoooooopeeee!
Dr. Who rocks!

Just saw the premiere (Rose) and the follow up ep (The End of the World) and I am definitely looking forward to the next one. Love the good Doctor and Rose.

Edit: Season One DVDs for Dr.Who will be out July... gotta save...

Ascended Times.2
March 18th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Gotta give ya little hint...

They keep getting better. :D And the season finale is definately worthy of a hug towards the makers of the show, I could give you some hints on some things to look out for, but i'm not a fan of spoilers so...

I'll just let you know they're there. :D

Egeria
March 18th, 2006, 03:37 AM
^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with ep2701-Rose (not the character), but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better. :D

The Signal
March 18th, 2006, 04:35 AM
^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with Rose, but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better. :D
She gets better, much better. Glad you guys like it, strap yourselves in, its one hell of a ride!

Egeria
March 18th, 2006, 04:37 AM
She gets better, much better. Glad you guys like it, strap yourselves in, its one hell of a ride!

Nooo! I adore Rose the character, I was referring to the episode 'Rose'. :D

chyron
March 18th, 2006, 04:40 AM
^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with Rose, but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better. :D
I kind of liked her. From what I remember of the Tom Baker stint, she seems to fit right in as a Who Babe. I also liked what's his names portrayal of the Doctor. He seemed to have just the right amount of whimsy.

Egeria
March 18th, 2006, 04:47 AM
I've edited my post to clarify that I was referring to the ep not the character. Rose (the character) is fantastic. :)

Countess Wardour
March 18th, 2006, 04:51 AM
I starting watching it with a "wait and see" attitude since I spent my youth watching Tom Baker as The Doctor. At the end of the 2 hours I could not wait for next week to see more. It is a good show.

Vyse
March 18th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Watched the show, loved it! Can't wait till next week.

keshou
March 18th, 2006, 04:56 AM
^ So true. I must admit that I wasn't overly impressed with ep2701-Rose (not the character), but I'd recommend that anyone give the show a chance because it just gets better and better. :D
I watched the two hour block last night on Scifi. At the end of the first episode I was thinking this show wasn't my cup of tea. ETA: A little too campy and kind of silly I thought.

But THEN....I stuck it out for the second hour and really enjoyed "End of The World"

Glad to hear it keeps getting better.....based on "End of The World" I'll be watching next week. :D

LadyShip
March 18th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Gotta give ya little hint...

They keep getting better. :D And the season finale is definately worthy of a hug towards the makers of the show, I could give you some hints on some things to look out for, but i'm not a fan of spoilers so...

I'll just let you know they're there. :D

Awwwwwwwwww....
But you are right. The best way to enjoy this show is to be spoiler free. It'll be hard and a real temptation to click that button. Mind over matter... mind over matter. :D :D :D

Vyse
March 18th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Wow, I just checked the IMDB to see how long the original ran. I knew it was the world's longest running Sci-Fi show ever, but 1963-1989! Wow, that's before Star Trek came out! And here in the U.S. we are acting like 10 years for SG-1 is amazing.

Vyse
March 18th, 2006, 04:59 AM
How many episodes are in a season for Doctor Who anyway?

The Signal
March 18th, 2006, 05:01 AM
How many episodes are in a season for Doctor Who anyway?
13, followed by "The Christmas Invasion"

The Signal
March 18th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Nooo! I adore Rose the character, I was referring to the episode 'Rose'. :D
*cough* I knew that :o :P But what I said still stands, her character keeps improving, so you like her now, by "The Christmas Invasion" you will love her

chyron
March 18th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I watched the two hour block last night on Scifi. At the end of the first episode I was thinking this show wasn't my cup of tea.

But THEN....I stuck it out for the second hour and *really* enjoyed "End of The World"!

Glad to hear it keeps getting better.....based on "End of The World" I'll be watching next week. :D

I got home in time to watch the last 1/4 of the show, saw a couple of minutes and then decided to wait until the next episode started and then REALLY got into it. When I was younger it did take an episode or two to get into it. Strangely, I was the same way with BSG and no I'm totally adicted to it.

HMMMM.....Doctor Who as the First Lord of Kobol?

LadyShip
March 18th, 2006, 05:06 AM

Is that the series with David Tennant as Dr.Who?

Metarock Sam
March 18th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Well actually 'The Christmas Invasion' is part of Series 2 and from series 2 onwards there is 14 episodes altogether per season.

creed462
March 18th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I have to say WOW
That was some of the Best DW I've seen, can't wait for more

Mattathias2.0
March 18th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Ok, I saw both Doctor Who episodes last night...

Most of the other episodes I have seen was The 4th Doctor, The Trial Of A Time Lord, and Doctor Who: The Movie.

Personally, a wee bit corny for my taste. But it wa still cool.

I liked the episode The End Of The World better than the pilot, but the pilot was none-the-less efficient.

Next weeks episode: The Unquiet Dead

Mattathias

the Fifth Race
March 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I watched the good Dr. for the first time and I must say, I am going to stick with it. It was fun and interesting, great stuff!.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
March 18th, 2006, 01:04 PM
How many episodes are in a season for Doctor Who anyway?Season 1 of the new series was 13 45-minute episodes.
Season 2 will be 14 45-minute episodes.

The classic series varied a lot. Typically they were 25-minute episodes (a few were 45-minute), which formed discrete serials within the season.
For example, the first four episodes of Season 1 is referred to as An Unearthly Child.
The next seven episodes of Season 1 is called The Daleks.

Here is a break down of the number of episodes per season.
Season 01: 42
Season 02: 39
Season 03: 45
Season 04: 43
Season 05: 40
Season 06: 44
Season 07: 25
Season 08: 25
Season 09: 26
Season 10: 26
Season 11: 26
Season 12: 20
Season 13: 26
Season 14: 26
Season 15: 26
Season 16: 26
Season 17: 26
Season 18: 28
Season 19: 26
Season 20: 23
Season 21: 24
Season 22: 13
Season 23: 14
Season 24: 14
Season 25: 14
Season 26: 14

Vyse
March 18th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Season 1 of the new series was 13 45-minute episodes.
Season 2 will be 14 45-minute episodes.

The classic series varied a lot. Typically they were 25-minute episodes (a few were 45-minute), which formed discrete serials within the season.
For example, the first four episodes of Season 1 is referred to as An Unearthly Child.
The next seven episodes of Season 1 is called The Daleks.

Here is a break down of the number of episodes per season.
Season 01: 42
Season 02: 39
Season 03: 45
Season 04: 43
Season 05: 40
Season 06: 44
Season 07: 25
Season 08: 25
Season 09: 26
Season 10: 26
Season 11: 26
Season 12: 20
Season 13: 26
Season 14: 26
Season 15: 26
Season 16: 26
Season 17: 26
Season 18: 28
Season 19: 26
Season 20: 23
Season 21: 24
Season 22: 13
Season 23: 14
Season 24: 14
Season 25: 14
Season 26: 14

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info.! :jonas:

Willow'sCat
March 18th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I watched the two hour block last night on Scifi. At the end of the first episode I was thinking this show wasn't my cup of tea. ETA: A little too campy and kind of silly I thought.I get that, I felt the same when I saw it like it was IMO trying just a little too hard with the 'pop culture' references and the music but it really does come into its own and by the season finale you will be hanging out for more episodes and the season finale is awesome! As for the silly, well it is Dr Who, it has always been a little silly. :D

lastro
March 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM
The feedback betwen new and old vierwers has been very positive.
I'm cautiously optimistic that the ratings are favorable and SiFi will will pick up Series 2.

If you like the show let your friends know.

It repeats on (Eastern Times)

Sunday night:
03/19/2006 11:30 PM DOCTOR WHO ROSE
03/19/2006 12:30 AM DOCTOR WHO THE END OF THE WORLD

Monday morning
03/20/2006 10:00 AM DOCTOR WHO ROSE
03/20/2006 11:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE END OF THE WORLD

Late Thursday, MIDNIGHT
03/23/2006 12:00 AM DOCTOR WHO ROSE
03/23/2006 01:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE END OF THE WORLD

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?search_text=doctor+who

GhostPoet
March 18th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Ok, saw it.

And I gotta say...it was dissapointing. :/

For one..the whole thing felt forced. The new Doctor smiles all the time practically (I mean come on...that one wood person DIES to save everyone and he SMILES before leaving????) His personality feels VERY forced...very fake. And the whole thing comes off corny...maybe..just maybe if the Doctor had acted more real it would have taken away some of the cheese-ball of it all.

It's just wayyy too forced. (that and it screamed of Farscape...even the website looks like farscape)
:P

Cherriey
March 18th, 2006, 06:50 PM
The two episodes last night were my first exposure to Doctor Who ever. =0) I must say that he's growing on me.

lastro
March 18th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Ok, saw it.

And I gotta say...it was dissapointing. :/

For one..the whole thing felt forced. The new Doctor smiles all the time practically (I mean come on...that one wood person DIES to save everyone and he SMILES before leaving????) His personality feels VERY forced...very fake. And the whole thing comes off corny...maybe..just maybe if the Doctor had acted more real it would have taken away some of the cheese-ball of it all.

It's just wayyy too forced. (that and it screamed of Farscape...even the website looks like farscape)
:P

Doctor Who has always been a little offbeat and corny, that's part of its charm. When I first saw Rose last year I was put off by the amount of comedy in the episode but the things calmed downed quickly in future episodes. The second half of the series contains some very unique and inspired stories. I would try to stick around to Episode 6, the only one set in the US, where things take a darker turn.

Cherriey
March 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Cute sig, lastro. =0)

LoneStar1836
March 18th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I missed the two episodes last night. I was dog tired from work. Couldn’t even manage to stay awake to rewatch Ripple Effect last night which is one of the few S9 Stargate episodes I really liked. Woke up right at 8pm. Saw like a minute worth of the first Dr. Who episode. Went right back to sleep and didn’t wake up again until the end of the Atlantis episode....

I’ll be watching tomorrow night though when they repeat it. I’ve just got to see what the fuss is all about when it comes to Dr. Who. :D

tsaxlady
March 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I remember watching Dr Who as a kid on PBS with my dad so I have been really looking forward to seeing Dr. Who on SciFi.

I was a little disappointed in the first episode (Rose) Friday night but I did enjoy The End Of The World more. I'm glad we are finally getting to see Dr. Who on TV in the US again. I hope the ratings are good so SciFi will continue to show Dr. Who.

The Signal
March 19th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Doctor Who has always been a little offbeat and corny, that's apart of its charm. When I first saw Rose last year I was put off by the amount of comedy in the episode but the things calmed downed quickly in future episodes. The second half of the series contains some very unique and inspired stories. I would try to stick around to Episode 6, the only one set in the US, where things take a darker turn.
The Empty Child is another good one, scared the crap outa me :P

lastro
March 19th, 2006, 05:54 AM
The Empty Child is another good one, scared the crap outa me :P
Oh yes - the Episode 9/10 - the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances two-parter is atmospheric, creepy, slightly disturbing and easily the best of the series! Plus we meet a new member of the Tardis crew. ;)

The Signal
March 19th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Plus we meet a new member of the Tardis crew. ;)
And if you thought it was corny before ... :D

Formerhost
March 19th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Is that the series with David Tennant as Dr.Who?

Yes, but David Tennant is a new Doctor in the second series, which is going to be aired in UK around Easter. Last year (the series which is now aired in US) it was Christopher Eccleston.

Mandysg1
March 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I tried watching the show, and I mean I really tried but I couldn't get through 10 minutes of it before changing the channel. ( maybe even less than 10)

I guess it's just not my cup of tea with too much corn and cheese:rolleyes:

creed462
March 19th, 2006, 10:45 AM
It is so exciting I can't wait to see the ratings

Willow'sCat
March 19th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I guess it's just not my cup of tea with too much corn and cheese:rolleyes:Yes because Stargate never has that. :rolleyes: :P

Auralis
March 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I tried watching the show, and I mean I really tried but I couldn't get through 10 minutes of it before changing the channel. ( maybe even less than 10)

Well, if you want more serious stuff, might want to check back on
03 The unquiet dead
06 Dalek
08 Fathers day
09 The empty child
10 the doctor dances
12 bad wolf
13 the parting of the ways.

jckfan55
March 19th, 2006, 02:54 PM
It was better than I thought it would be. It had some of the feel I remember. I was rather surprised by the look of the inside of the TARDIS. It's been a looong time since I've seen Dr. Who. I liked the character of Rose. I'm going to give it another try.

lastro
March 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Glad you enjoyed the premiere. As mentioned by others who've already seen the entire series (Brit and US) it takes a couple of episodes to get into but the episodes improve.

We get a fair amount of Rose and Doctor character development throughtout the series.
* Why did Rose decide to join the Doctor when he mentioned time travel?
* Why is the Doctor always easily irritable and melancholy?

creed462
March 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
When isn't the Doctor irritable and melancholy?

RavenaS
March 19th, 2006, 07:16 PM
When isn't the Doctor irritable and melancholy?

When he's wearing a 14 foot scarf? :D

Actually, this Doctor has a bit of bitterness to him the others lacked. Oh you had your erascibility, and lots of egomania going on, even some petulance, but past Doctors all had a lot of social graces this one ignores. For good reason, mind.

As for the mad grinning someone mentioned, that was lovingly (or not-so lovingly) referred to in fandom as the Doctor's gurning. He does it a lot and it is OTT, but now that I've seen the whole series and know his character arc I can understand why. Suffice to say, it's not all sweetness and light in the Whoniverse these days. It gets prophetically darker as the series progresses and things are revealed.

I'm thinking my fellow Stargate fans will be tuning into "Dalek" when that airs (in about 4 weeks). If for no other reason than Anna-Louise Plowman (Sarah Gardner) plays a crucial role. I got to see it via a live internet stream last year, came in about 2 minutes into the show in the midst of a crucial confrontation. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Christopher Eccleston can act (though it did make me fear for my beloved heroic Doctor... not quite the same man I always thought I knew). But be warned, the corniest moment in voice acting history is on display... from an American actor no less.

GhostPoet
March 20th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Ok, i'll give the good Doctor another try. I just hope his acting improves...I like everything else about the show...but the Doctors personality/acting is so incredibly forced right now. :/

The Signal
March 20th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Part of his character is a defence, a lot of the smiling and fun loving is all false, this doctor is darker and dirtier, and this is no clearer than in dalek, Bad Wolf and The Parting Of The Ways As for his acing skills, they are easily better than most in sci fi, Chris Eccleston is one of the better actors out there. But if you dont like him David Tennant in "The Christmas Invasion" will impress you but it certainly works better if you look at the series as one constant arc, the indevidual episodes may seem less than important (with about 5 exeptions) but by looking at 13 episodes as one, the show is "FANTASTIC" :D Think 24, not always great on their own, but put together.. same goes for the later series of DS9 everything flows, much better than SG1 IMO

GhostPoet
March 20th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Part of his character is a defence, a lot of the smiling and fun loving is all false, this doctor is darker and dirtier, and this is no clearer than in dalek, Bad Wolf and The Parting Of The Ways As for his acing skills, they are easily better than most in sci fi, Chris Eccleston is one of the better actors out there. But if you dont like him [spoilers] David Tennant in "The Christmas Invasion" will impress you [spoilers] but it certainly works better if you look at the series as one constant arc, the indevidual episodes may seem less than important (with about 5 exeptions) but by looking at 13 episodes as one, the show is "FANTASTIC" :D Think 24, not always great on their own, but put together.. same goes for the later series of DS9 everything flows, much better than SG1 IMO

I wouldn't go that far. :P

Does he at least stop smiling so much?

Nuallain
March 20th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I think you have a valid criticism, GhostPoet, up to a point. I personally didn't see what you're seeing when I first watched this episodes, but looking back on them having seen the rest of the season it seems like Eccleston's performance is much more forced than in the later episodes.

It could be as simple as his relaxing more as he went along, although some fans have a theory that his strict devotion to The Method meant he was conciously acting like someone taking on a persona to impress someone else (i.e. Eccleston's smile seems forced because the Doctor is forcing himself to appear happier than he really feels Deep Inside His Soul so as not to alienate Rose). You'll notice, for example, that it's the smiling and laughing that seems forced, not his anger at Cassandra or his despair at being the last of his kind.

Whichever, I can assure you that the things that annoy you about his performance are significantly lessened in Eps 3 and 4, all but gone in 5 and disappeared never to be seen again from 6 on. No doubt, had he stayed on, Eccleston would have kept going from strength to strength.

silverdamascus
March 20th, 2006, 07:10 AM
They mix it a lot, there are lighter episodes and certainly some darker ones with very little in the way of grinning in them. Some of which are really well done.

Nuallain, I never thought of it quite like that though it makes a great deal of sense.

I always felt that it was that way perhaps because it was the way that Rose, as our link into the show saw him at first. Then as they spend more time together we see nuances and darker bits of his personality come in as she learns more about his past and who he is. Just like the 'verse that they explore itself gets a little darker and raises more questions once she realises its not all fun and games.

GhostPoet
March 20th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I think you have a valid criticism, GhostPoet, up to a point. I personally didn't see what you're seeing when I first watched this episodes, but looking back on them having seen the rest of the season it seems like Eccleston's performance is much more forced than in the later episodes.

It could be as simple as his relaxing more as he went along, although some fans have a theory that his strict devotion to The Method meant he was conciously acting like someone taking on a persona to impress someone else (i.e. Eccleston's smile seems forced because the Doctor is forcing himself to appear happier than he really feels Deep Inside His Soul so as not to alienate Rose). You'll notice, for example, that it's the smiling and laughing that seems forced, not his anger at Cassandra or his despair at being the last of his kind.

Whichever, I can assure you that the things that annoy you about his performance are significantly lessened in Eps 3 and 4, all but gone in 5 and disappeared never to be seen again from 6 on. No doubt, had he stayed on, Eccleston would have kept going from strength to strength.

If that's the case. I'll deffinetly keep watching! Because I think the stories are great. :)

March 20th, 2006, 12:57 PM
If that's the case. I'll deffinetly keep watching! Because I think the stories are great. :)The best is yet to come. There are some really good moments ahead, especially from episode 6 and on.

Metarock Sam
March 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I 100 % agree with DASP. You thought the first two eps of the season were good well lets just say that from ep 6 onwards they are purley fantastic.

IMForeman
March 20th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't go that far. :P

Does he at least stop smiling so much?

Oh, I think the smiling is important. The Doctor is putting on a front that most people never see through, but:Wait till you see the moment in The Long Game when the facade drops instantly. One second he's all smiles and snarky comments, then as soon as nobody's watching him, the whole facade just goes away on a dime. It's actually almost scary, because you get to see the reality behind the goofiness in that moment.

upyourego
March 21st, 2006, 04:05 AM
Don't forget also that there needs to be a little bit of a lighter side as in the UK Doctor Who is a family show aimed mainly at 11 and 12 year olds.

This is backed up by the fact that to coincide with Series two there will be a CBBC (Childrens BBC) series called Totally Doctor Who (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/content/articles/2006/03/06/beonashow_drwho_feature.shtml).

creed462
March 21st, 2006, 06:45 AM
You can tell he's hurt, but I can't wait to see the seris continue, I can't wait for season 2 at this point either

silverdamascus
March 21st, 2006, 08:55 AM
Speaking of smiles to sad: The Parting of the Ways anyone? His expression goes from "I'm a genius of to save the world" glee to an expression that you just can't define, so incredibly well. That moment makes you question so much of who the Doctor actually is and simultaneously not care because of what he's willing to do to save someone that he loves.

I think that moment really says a lot both about Eccleston's talents and who his Doctor is.

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 09:47 AM
Speaking of smiles to sad: The Parting of the Ways anyone? His expression goes from "I'm a genius of to save the world" glee to an expression that you just can't define, so incredibly well. That moment makes you question so much of who the Doctor actually is and simultaneously not care because of what he's willing to do to save someone that he loves.

I think that moment really says a lot both about Eccleston's talents and who his Doctor is.
You're making me having trouble maintaining patience. lol

creed462
March 21st, 2006, 10:01 AM
You're making me having trouble maintaining patience. lol
Oh but theres fun in the wating...

eagerly waits for season two and the return of K9.:)

March 21st, 2006, 10:15 AM
Personally, I'm really excited about next week because...

Ha-Ha!!! Made you look!!! :p :D

Serves you right for looking at spoilers. :p

Just couldn't wait, could you? :D

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 10:17 AM
Personally, I'm really excited about next week because...

Ha-Ha!!! Made you look!!! :p :D

*smack* That's for being a turd! lol

March 21st, 2006, 10:30 AM
*smack* That's for being a turd! lolHee-hee-hee!!! :D

Don't worry. There's plenty of spoilers on this forum.
You can go through all the trouble of using spoilers tags and the next person who replies to you puts your comments out in the open and starts a whole discussion on it within that thread.

Unfortunately, there has been, at times, little spoiler consideration here.
I tried creating a thread for just the classic series stories.
Didn't work. People just couldn't help themselves.
"When I rewatched The Planet of Evil, it reminded me of such-and-such episode from the new series. Let me give away the whole plot, blah-blah-blah...."

That's why I read the posts on this forum with only eye. ;)

GhostPoet
March 21st, 2006, 11:23 AM
Gotta say...one part I did like in Rose was when the Doctor is all happy-go-lucky...and she is telling him her friend just died! And for a brief moment you see a glimpse of the real Doctor as he realizes he never thought about the casualties...

March 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
The Doctor is used to looking at the big picture.

creed462
March 21st, 2006, 11:33 AM
That was mean DASP, But then again maybe we are too spoiler hungry....

March 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
That was mean DASP, But then again maybe we are too spoiler hungry....Back in the day, you had to wait a whole week to see what happened next.

You guys are spoiled when it comes to spoilers.
Even the commercials give too much away.
I'm trying to avoid spoilers and I still get bombarded with them.

I waited 16 years for the show to come back and I've been a fan longer than many of you have been alive.

Patience people.

creed462
March 21st, 2006, 11:43 AM
I've been a fan since the eightys myself, and have been waiting since the TV movie to see more DW

GhostPoet
March 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM
I hate spoilers with a passion. They completely ruin all the suspense of the unknown.

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM
Back in the day, you had to wait a whole week to see what happened next.

You guys are spoiled when it comes to spoilers.
Even the commercials give too much away.
I'm trying to avoid spoilers and I still get bombarded with them.

I waited 16 years for the show to come back and I've been a fan longer than many of you have been alive.

Patience people.
Is it a spoiler to want to know if and when season two will come to the US? *whimper*

March 21st, 2006, 11:57 AM
I've been a fan since the eightys myself, and have been waiting since the TV movie to see more DWThen don't agonize over it. It'll come.

Try reading a Doctor Who novel.
The BBC has some free ones online.
They also have the photonovels.

Start a fan fiction thread and read each other's writings.

Take up Lord Shiva's challenge to create a computer-animated version of the missing episodes.

I made up some DVDs covers in between baby-sitting my niece and nephew.

March 21st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Is it a spoiler to want to know if and when season two will come to the US? *whimper*No, but when people tell you to go into a thread full of spoilers to find out...that doesn't give you much of a choice.

I'd rather not have to be spoiled on upcoming episodes just to find out the programming schedule.

There was a rumor that the second season would be shown directly after the first.
I can wait a little while to find out for sure and avoid those spoilers.

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 12:08 PM
No, but when people tell you to go into a thread full of spoilers to find out...that doesn't give you much of a choice.

I'd rather not have to be spoiled on upcoming episodes just to find out the programming schedule.

There was a rumor that the second season would be shown directly after the first.
I can wait a little while to find out for sure and avoid those spoilers.
On a little side note though... I wonder how Sci-fi Fridays will be arranged now? Will BSG still show then? Or is the Doctor to take its place? Don't tell me they're going to try and jam all four shows into a single night!

March 21st, 2006, 12:11 PM
On a little side note though... I wonder how Sci-fi Fridays will be arranged now? Will BSG still show then? Or is the Doctor to take its place? Don't tell me they're going to try and jam all four shows into a single night!I heard a rumor the real reason BSG was moved was because the Stargate series looked silly in comparison and they're hoping Doctor Who be a better fit alongside those two shows.

GhostPoet
March 21st, 2006, 12:15 PM
I heard a rumor the real reason BSG was moved was because the Stargate series looked silly in comparison and they're hoping Doctor Who be a better fit alongside those two shows.

ugh...Can't stand BSG..I tried so hard to like it....but the show is just too dang boring.

March 21st, 2006, 12:19 PM
ugh...Can't stand BSG..I tried so hard to like it....but the show is just too dang boring.I think it's a good show...just too gritty for me to watch every week.

If I want grim reality, I can watch the news.

I need to escape...not be reminded about how crappy life can be.

in circles
March 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM
BSG is my second favourite show next to Doctor Who. Between those two I've pretty much lost interest in Stargate.

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 12:54 PM
I heard a rumor the real reason BSG was moved was because the Stargate series looked silly in comparison and they're hoping Doctor Who be a better fit alongside those two shows.
So BSG has been moved? Cool! =0) Now I don't have to turn off the TV during if ics yadirf! lol =0)

March 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM
So BSG has been moved? Cool! =0) Now I don't have to turn off the TV during if ics yadirf! lol =0)Moved in the schedule, pushed to October, I believe. It might be in the same timeslot.

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Moved in the schedule, pushed to October, I believe. It might be in the same timeslot.
Oh... *wonders what she'll do come October*

March 21st, 2006, 01:55 PM
Oh... *wonders what she'll do come October*It's quite possible Doctor Who Season 2 will be put in BSG's place.

creed462
March 21st, 2006, 04:04 PM
It's quite possible Doctor Who Season 2 will be put in BSG's place.
We all can hope....

By the Way I've bought classic seris DVD's to bide the wait ;)

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Yes, but if that happens where will BSG go? I like to know where something I wish to avoid is. =0)

March 21st, 2006, 06:37 PM
We all can hope....

By the Way I've bought classic seris DVD's to bide the wait ;)You had just purchased some, right?

Which ones did you get this time?

March 21st, 2006, 06:39 PM
Yes, but if that happens where will BSG go? I like to know where something I wish to avoid is. =0)All I know about it is in this article (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/03/igalacticaisetforoctoberse.shtml).

npattis
March 21st, 2006, 06:45 PM
Rose is freakin HOT!

RavenaS
March 21st, 2006, 08:21 PM
It's quite possible Doctor Who Season 2 will be put in BSG's place.

Well according to the Interview Thomas Vitale (VP of Programming for SciFi)did with SciFi Overdrive a couple weeks ago, they have a new series to try out this summer with the Stargates... Eureka. SciFi has a page up about it in their news section.

It's supposed to be sort of an X Files meets the Village? Strange occurrences in a small town filled with uber geniuses. Sounds a bit like the Trust's covert ops in that town to built Prometheus. They ordered a 13 episode season, I believe.

In the Fall they have the Dresden Files to try out (wizard detective solves crimes?).

No news on when Doctor Who Series Two would air, assuming it gets picked up. SciFi is looking to extend their original programming to year round. So that means split seasons of the Stargates (taking summer and winter); full season of BSG (fall through winter); Doctor Who this spring; and the newbie shows to fill out the schedule.

March 21st, 2006, 08:30 PM
Well according to the Interview Thomas Vitale (VP of Programming for SciFi)did with SciFi Overdrive a couple weeks ago, they have a new series to try out this summer with the Stargates... Eureka. SciFi has a page up about it in their news section.

It's supposed to be sort of an X Files meets the Village? Strange occurrences in a small town filled with uber geniuses. Sounds a bit like the Trust's covert ops in that town to built Prometheus. They ordered a 13 episode season, I believe.

In the Fall they have the Dresden Files to try out (wizard detective solves crimes?).

No news on when Doctor Who Series Two would air, assuming it gets picked up. SciFi is looking to extend their original programming to year round. So that means split seasons of the Stargates (taking summer and winter); full season of BSG (fall through winter); Doctor Who this spring; and the newbie shows to fill out the schedule.I heard about Eureka. Didn't know when they were going to broadcast it. I thought they were placing it adjacent to Doctor Who.

Thanks for the info. :)

Cherriey
March 21st, 2006, 10:12 PM
Eureka did sound rather interesting. =0) Just light enough to hold my attention!

Forestia
March 22nd, 2006, 02:20 AM
I love this show! Fridays were already my fave day and now there is yet another reason to love that day :D I am so glad Sci-Fi decided to air DW. The characters are so likeable and I've only seen 2 eps. but both were really interesting and fun. I love the humour and the wacky stuff (i.e. plastic coming to life :eek:) and I'm happy that there is a show with new eps (at least new for the US) to look forward to while I'm waiting for SG-1 and Atlantis :D

Hey, doesn't Dr. Who change? I know I sound dumb not knowing, but I've never seen it before. I think the guy that plays him now is cute :o

Dallista
March 22nd, 2006, 02:43 AM
Hey, doesn't Dr. Who change?
He changes his body and some of his personality every once in a while, yes (in the series it's "regeneration", in real life it's casting a new actor whenever the incumbent wants to move on). The version you're seeing on SciFi is the Ninth Doctor.
Anyway, welcome to the fandom and the fun that is Doctor Who!

Cherriey
March 22nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
So what happens when the twelfth one wants to move on? Is he granted new regenerations for being so spiffy? Or is time rewound so that he can start again and try not to make the same mistakes? That would make all the other seasons alternate timelines. lol =0)

creed462
March 22nd, 2006, 06:49 AM
So what happens when the twelfth one wants to move on?
Some very cleaver writing :)

KatG
March 22nd, 2006, 09:07 AM
I watched the two hour block last night on Scifi. At the end of the first episode I was thinking this show wasn't my cup of tea. ETA: A little too campy and kind of silly I thought.

But THEN....I stuck it out for the second hour and really enjoyed "End of The World"

Hubs and I were the same way. The first ep was a little OTT in the campy department, but we decided to stick it out too and were very impressed with the second episode. Will definitely be sticking around. Looks like it was a good thing that they initially aired it in a two hour block.

KatG
March 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM

If you didn't make it past the first 10 minutes of the first episode I can see why. Hubs almost gave up too because the first ep was very silly, but he was really glad he waited and watched the second one. It was way better.

Cherriey
March 22nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Some very cleaver writing :)
It would have to be wouldn't it? =0) I don't know the writers' styles for DW though. With SG the crew is fairly consistant and so you can sort of see things coming at times... they like throwing curves too though.

creed462
March 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
It would have to be wouldn't it? =0) I don't know the writers' styles for DW though. With SG the crew is fairly consistant and so you can sort of see things coming at times... they like throwing curves too though.
DW is the founder of thowing curves, The classic seris could alway bring a surprise and then keep you guessing.

Cherriey
March 22nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
DW is the founder of thowing curves, The classic seris could alway bring a surprise and then keep you guessing.
Then they must be closely related eh? =0)

creed462
March 22nd, 2006, 11:26 AM
Maybe, I have a friend who says the Idea of Stargate might have came for a Tom Baker serial
"The Pyramids of Mars".

Otera
March 22nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
I watched Doctor who with my sister and she wanted to give up before the opening credits were shown.

"Lets just wait a while," I said And then the credits. She continued watching and I'm hooked. Check this out!-- http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/ep1clip?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1

Is it just me or does Rose seem to mean "You and I" when she says "us" rather than "Humans"?

Love this bit! I want more in the way of clips, or just the episode, I loved The Doctor's facial expressions. LOVED THEM

lastro
March 22nd, 2006, 11:54 AM
New viewers who enjoyed Ep.1/Ep.2 should check out the 15 minute "Doctor Who Confidential: Cutdown" documentary from the BBC. These are also included in the Series 1 Boxed Set.

Requires Real Media Player.

*** Episode 1: Bringing Back the Doctor
ROSE Documentary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check...wm=1&bbwm=1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/confidential1?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1)
Episode 1: Bringin Back The Doctor
*Behind the scenes on "Why do you sound you like your from the north".
*Auton prosthetics
*Interviews w/ the cast, RTD, Executive Producers and director.

*** Episode 2: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
TEOTW Documentary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check...wm=1&bbwm=1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/confidential2?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1)
Episode 2: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
* Making Cassandra using CGI
* Platform 5 CGI at the Mill
* Behind the scenes durint Alien entrances; troubles with the Moxx
* More Interviews w/ cast and crew

Otera
March 22nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
I think I will, but hey, any one Who DOESN'T know, EotW is on again at 8 on Friday. Followed by the next new ep.

lastro
March 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
I think I will, but hey, any one Who DOESN'T know, EotW is on again at 8 on Friday. Followed by the next new ep.

I'm glad you broght this up. There has been some discrepency over the Friday night repeat of TEOTW. The current set of bumper ads show SG1 at 8pm replacing the TEOTW this Fri. However SciFi's Schedulebot still says their is a repeat (http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?search_text=doctor+who) at 8pm.

I'm inclined to trust the commercials rather than Schedulebot which means you can catch the last repeat of the premiere late Thursday night .

Times are Eastern.
03/23/2006 12:00 AM DOCTOR WHO ROSE
03/23/2006 01:00 AM DOCTOR WHO THE END OF THE WORLD

lastro
March 22nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
I watched Doctor who with my sister and she wanted to give up before the opening credits were shown.

"Lets just wait a while," I said And then the credits. She continued watching and I'm hooked. Check this out!-- http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/ep1clip?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1

Is it just me or does Rose seem to mean "You and I" when she says "us" rather than "Humans"?

Love this bit! I want more in the way of clips, or just the episode, I loved The Doctor's facial expressions. LOVED THEM

So what did you sister think?

Otera
March 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
So what did you sister think?

she got hooked too, holleluyah!

creed462
March 22nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
she got hooked too, holleluyah!
Cool always welcome more DW fans... Would say if you can check out the classic seris, not as good FX but great stories

Cherriey
March 22nd, 2006, 01:17 PM
New viewers who enjoyed Ep.1/Ep.2 should check out the 15 minute "Doctor Who Confidential: Cutdown" documentary from the BBC. These are also included in the Series 1 Boxed Set.

Requires Real Media Player.

*** Episode 1: Bringing Back the Doctor
ROSE Documentary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check...wm=1&bbwm=1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/confidential1?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1)
Episode 1: Bringin Back The Doctor
*Behind the scenes on "Why do you sound you like your from the north".
*Auton prosthetics
*Interviews w/ the cast, RTD, Executive Producers and director.

*** Episode 2: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
TEOTW Documentary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check...wm=1&bbwm=1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/confidential2?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1)
Episode 2: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
* Making Cassandra using CGI
* Platform 5 CGI at the Mill
* Behind the scenes durint Alien entrances; troubles with the Moxx
* More Interviews w/ cast and crew
Thanks! =0) Those were really great!

Auralis
March 23rd, 2006, 02:28 AM
Well, for those that are still undecided or thinking the show is just cheeses, check the more serious ones out:
03 The Unquiet Dead
06 Dalek
08 Fathers Day
09 The Empty child
10 The Doctor Dances
12 Bad Wolf
13 The Parting of the Ways.

Nuallain
March 23rd, 2006, 04:05 AM
I mean, 6; 8; 9 and 10 have been nominated for Hugo Awards ahead of all but one ep of BSG. That should kind of clue people in that cheesiness is not a constant.

Cherriey
March 23rd, 2006, 06:46 AM
I mean, 6; 8; 9 and 10 have been nominated for Hugo Awards ahead of all but one ep of BSG. That should kind of clue people in that cheesiness is not a constant.
What?! Not constant? If I don't get a constant feed of cheesiness I block up! (humorily speaking)

lastro
March 23rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
What?! Not constant? If I don't get a constant feed of cheesiness I block up! (humorily speaking)

Much of the cheesiness dissappears in the second half and is replaced with razor sharp witt and charm.

Some dark times are ahead.

Otera
March 23rd, 2006, 04:51 PM
Much of the cheesiness dissappears in the second half and is replaced with razor sharp witt and charm.

Oh?

Cherriey
March 24th, 2006, 07:29 AM

As long as it doesn't go the way of BSG I can take it. SG has some dark times but there is always the humor to keep you company. =0)

lastro
March 24th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Humor has always been a strong component of Who but the the comedy is not as obvious as Ep. 1 with the exception of Ep. 4/5.

One of the great things about the Who format is viewers experience dramatically different stories and genres .

Its a farcical comedy one week, a creepy modern sci-fi set during the World War II Blitz the next, and a modern SG1 firefight against a pissed off deadl alien another week.

Just like the TARDIS you don't know where you'll turn up. :)

Cherriey
March 24th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Humor has always been a strong component of Who but the the comedy is not as obvious as Ep. 1 with the exception of Ep. 4/5.

One of the great things about the Who format is viewers experience dramatically different stories and genres .

Its a farcical comedy one week, a creepy modern sci-fi set during the World War II Blitz the next, and a modern SG1 firefight against a pissed off deadl alien another week.

Just like the TARDIS you don't know where you'll turn up. :)
Unless you're the one who's driving. =0)

creed462
March 24th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Tom Baker....

SGLAB
March 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I'm new to Doctor Who. Although PBS still airs the old eps. in my area I've never watched an entire ep. of them. I loved the show right from the ep. Rose.

I guess I'm one of the few who likes a little camp and cheesyness. It's balanced nicely with a more serious feel from what I have seen so far. My only problem is there are too many shows on Friday night now. At least DW repeats several times.

Metarock Sam
March 24th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Unless you do a Tom Baker and fit the TARDIS with a randomiser chip :D :D

creed462
March 25th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Unless you do a Tom Baker and fit the TARDIS with a randomiser chip :D :D
Yea Romona face was priceless wasn't it

March 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
The Doctor: This is a randomizer. It works on the complex mathematical principle known as "pot luck".

Otera
March 25th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I had to laugh the other night, My "Baby" sister (she's 7) decided to break her No-TV grounding and see why I liked Doctor Who so much. She was terrified because she caught it at the Gelb scene in the Arch way. I think she near wet herself. :lol:

Metarock Sam
March 26th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah Doctor Who does that to kids, makes them run in terror well some episodes for example when Terror of the Autons was originally realeased it freaked out the nation with its killer dolls and faceless policeman plus people were afraid that their chairs would eat them.

creed462
March 26th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I don't remember it that scary then again I started watching it in my teens

Otera
March 26th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I don't remember it that scary then again I started watching it in my teens
but to a seven-year-old, at night, who's breaking a grounding and afraid of the dark...

Otera
March 26th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Wheeee!!! I found a way to enjoy homework: I was doing Vocab sentences for Macbeth and I rewrote Rose. It came out to 7 pages, size 10 font. the trascript is 38 pages, same font type and size. wow.

Metarock Sam
March 26th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Wow gatemage that must of been interesting..

Otera
March 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Wow gatemage that must of been interesting..
It wasn't that diferent, just used words from Macbeth...

Metarock Sam
March 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I thinkyou have misunderstood me I was being slightly sarcastic.
Oh well its better then writing about Macbeth anyway.

Otera
March 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I thinkyou have misunderstood me I was being slightly sarcastic.
Oh well its better then writing about Macbeth anyway.
true, the only challenge was trying to fit "Sacrilegious" into it. oh well.

Metarock Sam
March 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
you could have the nesten conciousness screech scriligious instead of Bad Wolf.

Otera
March 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
you could have the nesten conciousness screech scriligious instead of Bad Wolf.
That's pretty much what I did.

chyron
March 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I was shocked to see that this thread is up to 3 pages. I didn't think that there'd be this much discussion when I started it.

Otera
March 26th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I was shocked to see that this thread is up to 3 pages. I didn't think that there'd be this much discussion when I started it.
3 Pages? how many posts per page are you useing? I have 4 pages at 40 posts-per-page.

Cherriey
March 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I will be the 11th regeneration of the doctor... controversial yes but oh so interesting. =0)

creed462
March 27th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I will be the 11th regeneration of the doctor... controversial yes but oh so interesting. =0)
Let us hope not any time soon... ;)

Metarock Sam
March 28th, 2006, 06:06 AM
By the looks of things Tennant may stay for a logn time after all he is a lifetime fan. Also rumour has it that he may wnat to go longer than Tom Baker.

Cherriey
March 28th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Let us hope not any time soon... ;)
Yes, yes... my reign won't come for years yet. *grin*

creed462
March 28th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I hope he dosen't go the way of colin baker...

Cherriey
March 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
What was Colin Baker's way?

Easter Lily
March 28th, 2006, 01:24 PM
By the looks of things Tennant may stay for a logn time after all he is a lifetime fan. Also rumour has it that he may wnat to go longer than Tom Baker.
I saw an interview where he states that he's staying for at least 2 seasons. I haven't heard anything beyond that.
I think he'll be very good. He has that lovely quirkiness of his predecessors.

Cherriey
March 28th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I saw an interview where he states that he's staying for at least 2 seasons. I haven't heard anything beyond that.
I think he'll be very good. He has that lovely quirkiness of his predecessors.
But eventually I will begin my reign as the most controversial doctor to date! *strikes a heroic pose* Yes, well, moving on. =0)

SGalisa
March 28th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by creed462:
I hope he dosen't go the way of colin baker...
Originally posted by Cherriey:
What was Colin Baker's way?Colin Baker basically got cheated out of living as the Doctor beyond 2 years/seasons.

When we met both Bakers at a Who convention (Tom and Colin), my husband asked Colin if he was going to try to break Tom's 7 year record as the Doctor... :D

Colin paused, smiled, and replied that he'd like to give it a try. ;) :)

I don't remember the exact details, but for whatever the reason - the BBC stopped airing the series; and either Colin's contract was not renewed, or he was not available when Sylvester McCoy took over as Doctor # 7. It was a very sad day to hear about Colin's "DrWHO" situation. Good for Sylvester, but sad for Colin. :(

Cherriey
March 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Seeing all these different actors that have played the same part in one place is probably like seeing the manifestations of a multiple personality. =0)

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Colin Baker basically got cheated out of living as the Doctor beyond 2 years/seasons.

When we met both Bakers at a Who convention (Tom and Colin), my husband asked Colin if he was going to try to break Tom's 7 year record as the Doctor... :D

Colin paused, smiled, and replied that he'd like to give it a try. ;) :)

I don't remember the exact details, but for whatever the reason - the BBC stopped airing the series; and either Colin's contract was not renewed, or he was not available when Sylvester McCoy took over as Doctor # 7. It was a very sad day to hear about Colin's "DrWHO" situation. Good for Sylvester, but sad for Colin. :(
I heard they wrongly blamed him for the show doing poorly, and fired him.
A good place to go for Doctor Who info is www.gallifreyone.com

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Seeing all these different actors that have played the same part in one place is probably like seeing the manifestations of a multiple personality. =0)
Oh yes! If you want to see multible Doctors togather Check out "The Three Doctors, The Five Doctors, and THe Two Doctors.

March 29th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Oh yes! If you want to see multible Doctors togather Check out "The Three Doctors, The Five Doctors, and THe Two Doctors.Creed462, have you gotten to see The Two Doctors yet? Just curious.

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
It's one of the few a remember, but I won't buy it till may, usless I see a real good price, I'm on Cave of A(can never remember how to spell it so I won't try). But I can't wait.

Metarock Sam
March 29th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I seriously recommend you buy it. I bought it when I got the three Doctors on DVD in a buy one get one free deal. PLus its crammed withe extras too !!!

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I will, it just I'm buying the as much in order that I can

Metarock Sam
March 29th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Well in that case the next DVD you should get is Vengence on Varos, then The Two Doctors.

March 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM
It's one of the few a remember, but I won't buy it till may, usless I see a real good price, I'm on Cave of A(can never remember how to spell it so I won't try). But I can't wait.Understood.

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Well in that case the next DVD you should get is Vengence on Varos, then The Two Doctors.
That was a birthday present

chyron
March 29th, 2006, 07:11 PM
But eventually I will begin my reign as the most controversial doctor to date! *strikes a heroic pose* Yes, well, moving on. =0)

That would make for some rather interesting plot twists esp the first episode where we're introduced to the Dr being regenerated as a woman...of course, one of the new Dr's on-going quirks would be that she keeps misplacing things and has the constant feeling as if she's lost something...

New (Female) Dr. Who: I just feel as if I've lost something, but I just can't put a finger on it.
Sidekick: What do you think you've lost...
New (Female) Dr. Who: I think that it was a missile, but I just don't see how I could have lost a missle...
----
New (Female) Dr. Who: Oh great! I found what I've been looking for...
Sidekick: And what is that...
New (Female) Dr. Who: A philips-head screwdriver! (holds it up)
----
New (Female) Dr. Who: General, good day! Please pardon me if I don't salute...
The General: Yes I see that your hands are full, but that confuses me...you're reputation of having nothing on your plate is known throughout the galaxy...

northstar_08030
March 29th, 2006, 07:14 PM
That would be an interesting twist.

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I'd like it for a comedy skit, but not for DW

Cherriey
March 30th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Ah well, since the contract is signed there's nothing you can do about it! *laughs evily*

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Will see ;) sinister laugh

Cherriey
March 30th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Will see ;) sinister laugh
*scowl* Watch it, bub. I have that contract carefully guarded!

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Wait are you in "Curse of the Fatal Death 2", well then its not a problem ;)

Metarock Sam
March 30th, 2006, 10:56 AM
hmm. Now that would be interesting, The Curse of Fatal Death 2.....

Cherriey
March 30th, 2006, 07:26 PM
*is now completely in the dark*

creed462
March 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Curse of the fatal death is a comedy outing that is very funny and take the doctor through a few generations.

Metarock Sam
March 31st, 2006, 06:11 AM
and eventualy he becomes a woman !!!

Cherriey
March 31st, 2006, 06:39 AM
and eventualy he becomes a woman !!!
It was bound to happen eventually. Every Time Lord (once they reach their 12th regeneration) start anew in the next gender as Time Ladies.

creed462
March 31st, 2006, 08:16 AM
That's not ture, The Master never changed his gender nor did any of the others.

Metarock Sam
March 31st, 2006, 08:46 AM
Uh in one of the novels doesnt a timelord kill himself or do something else to escape people through changing gender ??

creed462
March 31st, 2006, 06:13 PM
Which Novel?

Cherriey
March 31st, 2006, 09:31 PM
The one I wrote... did I type that in plain sight?!

Metarock Sam
March 31st, 2006, 11:34 PM
I can't reemember which novel... :o

chyron
April 1st, 2006, 07:03 AM
Ah well, since the contract is signed there's nothing you can do about it! *laughs evily*

Unknown Voice:"Thor, we need to schedule an alien abduction. How does next week sound?"
Thor:"I'm out of town next week, but I should be able to squeeze it in late this afternoon. I'll have to rearrange abducting Tom Cruise, but he's not going anywhere."
Unknown Voice:"No, abducting Tom Cruise is a priorty. Let's set something up for two weeks from now. I'll slip her some mind-altering blue jello to temporarily deal with the situation...what was that?"
Thor:"What was what?"
Unknown Voice:"I thought I heard something like someone was trying to eavesdrop..."
Thor:"Scanning..."

creed462
April 1st, 2006, 08:21 AM
*scowl* Watch it, bub. I have that contract carefully guarded!

A Tardis sure works wonders

Metarock Sam
April 1st, 2006, 08:43 AM
Nd to get atthe contract we dont need to break the laws of time. Just bend them a little. :D

creed462
April 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
exactly

Cherriey
April 1st, 2006, 09:12 AM
*casts guarded looks at all assembled*

creed462
April 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM
Put randomiser on Tardis control...

You can't catch me now.....

Cherriey
April 1st, 2006, 10:40 AM
How did you get the Tardis?

chyron
April 1st, 2006, 11:06 AM
How did you get the Tardis?

:A flash of light occurrs in the vicinity of Cherriey, nothing seems changed:

Thor: Agent Smith - I have executed the abduction. The clone should not be noticed.

Metarock Sam
April 1st, 2006, 11:47 AM
You see we own a Stattenheim remote control device. Enabling us to summon the TARDIS whenever we see fit.

Cherriey
April 1st, 2006, 03:29 PM
Cherriey's Clone: Dang. I used to feel special.
The real Cherriey: Someone let me out of here!

chyron
April 1st, 2006, 03:51 PM
Cherriey's Clone: Dang. I used to feel special.
The real Cherriey: Someone let me out of here!

Thor: Agent Smith - I am concerned over the imprisonment of the original Cherriey. I implanted her conciousness(sp) into the body of Rodney Mckay.
Agent Smith: Yes?
Thor: She appears to be experiencing some issues...
Agent Smith: Very well then...try moving her consciousnss(sp) into the body of the Sharon cylon model body that we discovered last week.
Thor: Very well then.
Agent Smith: If that doesn't work, then transfer her consciousness into the body of any of the Lawrence Welk singers from the 60's.

The Real Cherriey now trapped in the body of a Sharon cylon model: I'm a frackin' cylon!

Cherriey
April 1st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Real Cherriey: I will now lead my breathren out of this horrid fiction pit and move on to bigger and better things!

chyron
April 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Real Cherriey: I will now lead my breathren out of this horrid fiction pit and move on to bigger and better things!

Such as the utter destruction of the Twelve Colonies? You're a bit too late...

creed462
April 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM
great now I am lost in time...

Cherriey
April 2nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
great now I am lost in time...
Real Cherriey: I would save you but... *shrug*

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
opps my Tardis just messed with Thors ship and restored all prisoners to nomal......

On topic- Friday ep was great, gald notto only see the Doctor is in, but in top form

Cherriey
April 3rd, 2006, 01:47 PM
opps my Tardis just messed with Thors ship and restored all prisoners to nomal......

On topic- Friday ep was great, gald notto only see the Doctor is in, but in top form
What I think is funny, is that every episode so far this season Rose has gotten locked in somewhere and is in danger in that particular room. We have yet to see if she will be saved by the Doctor this time as well and if she is that will make a total of... five episodes in which this occured. =0) I'm keeping a tally.

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
What I think is funny, is that every episode so far this season Rose has gotten locked in somewhere and is in danger in that particular room. We have yet to see if she will be saved by the Doctor this time as well and if she is that will make a total of... five episodes in which this occured. =0) I'm keeping a tally.
That normal for a compaion.

Cherriey
April 3rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
That normal for a compaion.
So what you're saying is that every single episode every companion gets locked in a room so that they can be in danger and the Doctor can save them?

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Not always...

Cherriey
April 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
Not always...
But most of the time right? lol =0) This is just too funny!

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Once one of his companions tried to pull a nuclar bomb off the doctor. it was set too detonate when that happen

Cherriey
April 3rd, 2006, 04:36 PM
Once one of his companions tried to pull a nuclar bomb off the doctor. it was set too detonate when that happen
So the Companion died or the Doctor stopped that from happening?

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
So the Companion died or the Doctor stopped that from happening?
The doctor stopped him and then called him an idiot

Cherriey
April 3rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
The doctor stopped him and then called him an idiot
That sounds about right. So, unfortunately, the Companions are only there for the human audience to have someone to relate to. Ah well.

creed462
April 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Not alway Ian could keep up with the doctor. During that era it was Doctor who got them into troble a few times. But Each companions were difference.
Jamie could fight perty good, in fact he would run into the situation head first.

Cherriey
April 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Not alway Ian could keep up with the doctor. During that era it was Doctor who got them into troble a few times. But Each companions were difference.
Jamie could fight perty good, in fact he would run into the situation head first.
So I guess it's Rose's job to blunder into dangerous locked rooms? =0)

Seastallion
April 3rd, 2006, 07:22 PM
So I guess it's Rose's job to blunder into dangerous locked rooms? =0)

Only part of the time. :) If she isn't doing that, she's either causing a problem, or saving the day. ;) I've really been enjoying this new Dr. Who..! It's amazing how they can take some of the old stuff from back in the day, and actually make it seem menacing (Like the Daleks) now. :D It really is too bad that Eccleston left the show, because I really liked him as the Doctor. Although, I like David Tennant too, he's just different. But I really liked Eccleston. :( Especially that high pitched "Hello". :p

chyron
April 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Real Cherriey: I would save you but... *shrug* ...I'm a cylon. Now die you merciless human being bent on murder and destruction.

chyron
April 3rd, 2006, 07:41 PM

I really wish that hadn't happened - We were making such progress with Tom Cruise and Sinead O'Conner was showing a lot of promise.

creed462
April 4th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Still lost in time

Nuallain
April 6th, 2006, 03:11 AM
In the Doctor Who Magazine they have a feature that's been running for a number of years called Time Team, in which the same four fans watch 8 episodes of the series an issue - starting from the 1963 premiere and working towards the new series (they're up to 1981 at the moment).

Anyway, one part of it is a thing in the corner of the page called The Cliche Counter which records four things:

Number of deaths on-screen
Times One or More Regulars Knocked Unconcious
Times One or More Regulars Imprisoned

and something else I can't actually remember. Anyway, all the counters are in the high hundreds now and edging toward the 1000 mark. So, yeah, companions find themselves getting trapped a lot.

creed462
April 6th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Still I think there are only three compainion deaths

Metarock Sam
April 10th, 2006, 12:00 AM
True but I beleive its something like two Doctor Who Stories ever when no one dies. The Edge of Destruction and The Empty Child/Doctor Dances.

greytop
April 10th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Next episode, we get to see the Dalaks.

My dad got me interested in Doctor Who, with Tom Baker. He was the longest running one, wasn't he?

April 10th, 2006, 06:59 AM

My dad got me interested in Doctor Who, with Tom Baker. He was the longest running one, wasn't he?He had the most seasons and the most episodes as the Doctor.

Sylvester McCoy beat him in terms of "years prior to regeneration", since he started in 1987 and didn't regenerate until 1996.

The Signal
April 10th, 2006, 07:56 AM
^Meaning the 8th Doctor would be the 7th Doc's equal in terms of time served.

April 10th, 2006, 10:56 AM
^Meaning the 8th Doctor would be the 7th Doc's equal in terms of time served.Yup.

creed462
April 10th, 2006, 12:50 PM

My dad got me interested in Doctor Who, with Tom Baker. He was the longest running one, wasn't he?
I can't wait for Darleks

chyron
April 11th, 2006, 11:36 AM
In the Doctor Who Magazine they have a feature that's been running for a number of years called Time Team, in which the same four fans watch 8 episodes of the series an issue - starting from the 1963 premiere and working towards the new series (they're up to 1981 at the moment).

Anyway, one part of it is a thing in the corner of the page called The Cliche Counter which records four things:

Number of deaths on-screen
Times One or More Regulars Knocked Unconcious
Times One or More Regulars Imprisoned

and something else I can't actually remember. Anyway, all the counters are in the high hundreds now and edging toward the 1000 mark. So, yeah, companions find themselves getting trapped a lot.

Its Science Fiction, characters don't die - they're cloned, reincarnated, brought back from alternate universes/timelines, reassembled from detached body parts using nanotechnology and such.

chyron
April 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I can't wait for Darleks

So is a Darlek the next generation of Dalek - perhaps some sort of hybrid between a Dalek and a Fembot?

creed462
April 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM
So is a Darlek the next generation of Dalek - perhaps some sort of hybrid between a Dalek and a Fembot?
(Hides again from spelling police in out of control Tardis)

April 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
(Hides again from spelling police in out of control Tardis)If there was a spelling police, you would never get out of prison.

And your fellow prisoners would constantly be challenging you to spelling bees. :D

creed462
April 11th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I'm afraid they'd win....

April 11th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm afraid they'd win....And because it was the spelling police who arrested you...during your trial, they'd make you swear on a dictionary. :D

Willow'sCat
April 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
So is a Darlek the next generation of Dalek - perhaps some sort of hybrid between a Dalek and a Fembot?I'm more interested in these Dalaks myself. :p :D

creed462
April 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I wonder how they do the new ones

Cherriey
April 21st, 2006, 03:14 PM
The name "Metaltron" just proves how moronic that guy was.

creed462
April 22nd, 2006, 10:24 AM
The name "Metaltron" just proves how moronic that guy was.
He got his though

Cherriey
April 23rd, 2006, 04:55 PM
He got his though
Yes, which just goes to show you... one shouldn't make stupid names up or Osiris will swoop down on your series and kick your butt. *nods sagely*

creed462
April 24th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Yes, which just goes to show you... one shouldn't make stupid names up or Osiris will swoop down on your series and kick your butt. *nods sagely*
Yea she did prove scary

Otera
April 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
*poke* *jumps in TARDIS to hide*

Cherriey
April 26th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Well, maybe not THAT scary...

creed462
April 27th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I think Friday we will learn more about the TIme War, or at least ROse

GhostPoet
April 27th, 2006, 11:00 AM
It's been AGES since i've seen Classic Who.
Were some of the previous Doctors just as intense as this current one? I mean...when the time calls for it, can they be as serious? Or are the classic episodes more cornball? I can only remember one scene it's been so long. :)

creed462
April 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM
When the doctor needs to be he is be deadly serious.

April 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
It's been AGES since i've seen Classic Who.
Were some of the previous Doctors just as intense as this current one? I mean...when the time calls for it, can they be as serious?Yes, they can be serious. Some of them attempt to throw off opponents by acting stupid or silly.

I'd say the most intense Doctors were the Fourth and Seventh Doctors.

If those are your favored qualities of the character, check out Seasons 13 & 14, some of the best episodes in the whole series.

Or are the classic episodes more cornball? I can only remember one scene it's been so long. :)Depends on the producer, script editor, and actors.

Each era has its own charm for me. Whether you'll like any of them is subjective.

The production values are low, so don't expect much in visual effects.
The original Star Trek had much better production value than Doctor Who.

What I find engrossing is the conviction of some the actors on the show.
Even standing around crappy sets, props, and costumes, they really were able to suspend disbelief.
Particularly good was William Russell (Ian from Seasons 1 & 2) and Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor from Seasons 12 through 18). They really had conviction.

creed462
April 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
In Piramids on Mars He got very serious

Darkseid
April 28th, 2006, 03:30 PM
The production values are low, so don't expect much in visual effects. The original Star Trek had much better production value than Doctor Who.

I just watched 'Remembrance of the Dalek's' this morning. I found it funny, after watching Daleks in season one, how clumsy and flimsy those old Dakeks are on the original series.

Not to mention how clumsy and flimsy the plot of 'Rememberance of the Daleks' was. But, it was the McCoy episode on DVD at the time that I was even interested in....

creed462
April 29th, 2006, 09:55 AM
You sould see then in the Daleks, The frist doctor ep.

creed462
May 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
I was just on Outpost Gallifrey and I read the article about the lastest ratings. My question is if the viewing numbers have stayed the same how can the ratings go down. something seem wrong here

May 3rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
I was just on Outpost Gallifrey and I read the article about the lastest ratings. My question is if the viewing numbers have stayed the same how can the ratings go down. something seem wrong hereAlthough the numbers of Doctor Who viewers approximately remained the same, there was a larger overall audience watching television that week.

Those additional viewers did not watch Doctor Who, so the rating for the show decreased because it was determined over a larger number of television viewers.

creed462
May 4th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Oh, that dosen't seem to reflective, does scifi go by the number of viewers or the rating, because DW has quite a few viewers

May 4th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Oh, that dosen't seem to reflective, does scifi go by the number of viewers or the rating, because DW has quite a few viewersI'm sure they take both numbers into account.

creed462
May 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I've heard that Scifi has either lost some homes because comcast has put them in the preimum pack

May 4th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I've heard that Scifi has either lost some homes because comcast has put them in the preimum packI heard that too.

Otera
June 12th, 2006, 02:14 PM
what happened here?

Otera
June 14th, 2006, 03:59 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/0001564z.png

Hello? *listens to echo*

Otera
June 14th, 2006, 06:32 AM
okay, let's see what I've got here....
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/whobw6t_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/whobw4_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/whobw3t_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwrose3_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwrose2_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwrose1b_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwregen_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwpotw16_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwpotw14t_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwpotw10_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwpotw8_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dwpotw6_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dw10t_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/dw10_icon.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/drrose12.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/drrose11.jpg

Otera
June 14th, 2006, 06:34 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/0000142x.jpg http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/24.gif http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/00014ybq.png http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/11.gif http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/06.gif http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/Gatemage/Doctor%20Who/05.gif

feel free to snurch!!!

Cherriey
June 15th, 2006, 04:37 AM
I never got what Rose meant by saying that she was the Bad Wolf.

Otera
June 15th, 2006, 05:04 AM
I think she was saying that she was the one who nmade it so that they ran it to the words, cause that's kinda what she said after that.

Cherriey
June 15th, 2006, 05:16 AM
But why? I didn't catch a reason.

Otera
June 15th, 2006, 05:18 AM
But why? I didn't catch a reason.
well, here are the lines...

ROSE
I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...
[Cut to the words 'BAD WOLF CORPORATION' written high on the wall. Rose waves her hand]
ROSE
I scatter them in time and space.
[The words 'Bad Wolf' rise from the wall and float away]
ROSE
A message to lead myself here.

Cherriey
June 15th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Frustratingly vague. Maybe she means that since TARDIS is a time machine (essentially) and she was already thinking of the words 'Bad Wolf' as a link between her and the doctor and she looked into its vortex that it was really her in the past that scattered the words from the beginning? Time can get really warped.

Otera
June 15th, 2006, 05:39 AM
EXACTLY!!!! when you travel time... anything's possible!

Cherriey
June 15th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Yes, but it was so vague that a lot of people who watch it probably won't even reach the conclusion I did! *sigh*

Otera
June 15th, 2006, 05:41 AM
true