X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM's

Possible spoilers.........

One thing that's been bugging me is how a ZPM can run low on power. According to the show, they work on the principle of zero point energy, which exists in a vacuum and is always there. Since the energy source doesn't go away, why exactly would a ZPM stop working?

Originally posted by thirdeyeblind105
    Since the energy source doesn't go away, why exactly would a ZPM stop working?
    I don't think the ZPM ever loses power, it just "burns out" like a light bulb. The light bulb doesn't lose power...it just stops working after a certain amount of time.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Normal wear and tear. Probably can't maintaint the subspace field indefinately. There's also conservation of power and entropy. From what we've heard, entropy very much affects ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        I don't think the ZPM ever loses power, it just "burns out" like a light bulb. The light bulb doesn't lose power...it just stops working after a certain amount of time.
        damn your smart!

Comment

Imagine two tanks. Tank A is only 10% filled with water. However, Tank B is 90% full. Now, imagine a small pipe connecting them....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            Imagine two tanks. Tank A is only 10% filled with water. However, Tank B is 90% full. Now, imagine a small pipe connecting them....
            Depends on where the pipe is, the top of the tanks or the bottom of the tanks...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
              Depends on where the pipe is, the top of the tanks or the bottom of the tanks...
              Outside the tank, next to the car.

Comment

LOL, ok, ok, I was being silly, but I do understand Mio analogy.

Comment

Working...
                X