This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Atlantis Moment

I know its only been 3 episodes, but what have you liked the best about Atlantis so far? I've liked the comedy (especially in lockdown).
    POssible spoilers.....

(not exact, but close enough)
    Beckett: You fainted
    McKay: Fainted? There must be a better term than that.
    Beckett: Faint is the scientific term.
    McKay: I didn't faint. I passed out from manly hunger.

I liked it when Sheppard threw McKay off the balcony.

Comment

McKay: "Believe me, this is not the first time we tried."
      Sheppard: "I shot him."
      Weir: "...."
      Sheppard: "In the leg..."

_This_ is soooo funny!
      Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

When McKay explains that the energy glob was trapped in the electronic mouse trap for eaons and Sheppard say <deadpan> "I'd be pissed" that killed me
        Sheppard's cool

Comment

There are a lot of things about Atlantis that I've liked so far, but the best/most iconic moment has to be when the city rises from the ocean.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I've got more than a few favorite moments, but from Hide and Seek, the I shot him scene was such a riot, and very well done...then when Shep was scary story telling, that was so fun, and his expressions were right on. The faint scene and dialogue was great, and the ending was a really good wrap-up. Shep says, "You passed out." and he stands up, and by saying passed out he's giving Mckay his approval (instead of using fainted like he did earlier). Thought that was really well done, a bit of humor with a deeper message.
            sigpic

Comment

The best moment for me (so far) happened very early in the series:

Dr. Beckett: "I think I feel something. It could be lunch-related."
              Dr. McKay: "Shut up...and concentrate!"
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

When the city is rising.....

"Do you know any addresses?" -Sheppard
                "Yes, many." -Boy
                "He's only a boy." -Dr. Weir
                "I am --------." -Boy
                "She's happy to meet you." -Sheppard

The way he said it was great.
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I have to agree with pretty much all of those scenes.

McKay: To Peter Go ahead. Hit me!!
                  Peter punches McKay as hard as he can, nearly breaking his hand from the personal sheild McKay is wearing Owww!!
                  McKay: You didn't have to swing so hard. with sudden realization And notice he didn't even hesitate.
                  McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                  Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how careful and scientific we must be when experimenting with Ancient technology?
                  McKay: sings In-vul-nerable!

Comment

Weir tells McKay that he could stay in the room with the black energy blob because he has protection

*McKay has a worried face*
                    *shield falls off*

Comment

Originally posted by Thor
                      McKay: "Believe me, this is not the first time we tried."
                      Sheppard: "I shot him."
                      Weir: "...."
                      Sheppard: "In the leg..."

_This_ is soooo funny!
                      For the moment, I'm definately with that one

While the "fainted" this was quite funny to, this one topped it

Comment

I thought the two hour premier was outstanding, but was kinda disappointed in the second episode.
                        Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                        O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                        O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I love the scene between Sheppard and Ford in the puddle jumper:

"I could go for a turkey sandwich" and they look around

Great

and the ending:

"Why Can't I make friends like that?"
                          "You need to get out more"
                          "We are on the other side of the galaxy how far out can I go"

two classic scenes and lines

Comment

I agree, that scene was great!
                            __

__

Comment

Hmm...does this thread need a spoiler warning? It's kind of "d'oh", but I don't like to assume.
                              spoiler space for Rising:

I don't think Atlantis has had nearly enough "moments", yet, but so far my favorites are:

- The city rising from the ocean. (had been waiting for that one for a long time and was not disappointed)

- The first appearance of the Wraith jailkeeper...not the female.

- Favorite exchange:
                              "Chevron one encoded..."
                              "Rodney"
                              "Oh..."
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                              X