This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Weir knows Ancient???

How does Dr. Wier know Ancient already!?!?
    In the first epiosde of Atlantis she translated some without any problem but she couldn't of learnt it that fast could she, I mean hadn't known about the stargate for that long....

Sorry if this has been mentioned before

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

I'm guessing she used refrence from Daniel?
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
      How does Dr. Wier know Ancient already!?!?
      In the first epiosde of Atlantis she translated some without any problem but she couldn't of learnt it that fast could she, I mean hadn't known about the stargate for that long....
      I don't know... Some time passed between Lost City and New Order - probably a few months - and another couple of months between New Order and Rising. The fact that she already spoke five languages indicates that she could be a quick learner. Plus, if latin is one of her five languages (which seems likely as she knew right away that what Jack spoke in Lost City wasn't it) then the leap to knowing Ancient wouldn't be so big.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

ah, I didn't realsie she knew other languages too...and if she did know Latin then it would be easy for her.

Thanks for answering so quickly

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Apparently, Ancient is a lot like latin, and that makes sense. Latin is one of the oldest languages we have.

Comment

:: cough :: ancient Greek is older :: cough :: and ancient Egyptian is older than that, plus some of those ancient Mesopotamian region languages are even older. I still don't understand why Ancient is similar to Latin, because Latin isn't that old... Maybe teh ascnded ancients, or an ascended ancients influenced the Roman civilization in it's early years.

Comment

Yeah, but where did the story of Atlantis come up? Greece, right? Natural progression of languages.
              Last edited by aschen; 28 July 2004, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah, apparently Ancient is very simular to Latin so the refrence would be simular
                __

__

Comment

The story of Atlantis has been heard in many ancient societies, but the one told by the Greeks (i.e. Plato) originated with the ancient Egyptians. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound fresh, I wanted it to sound jokingly/ semi-sarcastic.

Comment

Yeah, the story goes by that language, that's why Daniel and Jonas could translate some, slowly
                    __

__

Comment

Look at the time. It's too early for that!

See the way I heard the story (in reality this is) is that the Egyptian gods were all actually Atlanteans. So when Atlantis sunk here on earth (or in the show how it flew away,) Atlantis's stories migrated over to Egypt. Unfortunately the stories were so fantastic and the accuracy became so faded over time that they made them out to be deities. Then when one of the first westerners, Plato, came over to Egypt he was told the story of Altantis.

I hope that made sense.

Comment

See my response in the "Major Sheppard and Latin" thread". This is as pointless, or more so, than wondering why the aliens speak English.

Comment

That's a good question. Why do aliens speak english? I guess since we're the originals they use our language!
                          __

__

Comment

But we're not the originals. The Ancients are!
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Adolph Hitler believed that the Atlantians were Aryans The master race that spawned the nazi movement. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X