This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Lockdown

How come the city didnt lock down when Micheals delegation were inside it like it automatically did in one of the earlier episodes?

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
    Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
    the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
    Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

I thought it locked down when it detected the infection they had caught in a random part of the city that the sensors didnt work in.

Comment

Ok maybe Im wrong...thought the city had a fit when it detected the Wraith in it tho.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

I might be wrong, but that is the only time i can remember it locking down.

Comment

I cant remember, maybe I made it up...but I was nearly sure it did happen.

Comment

The only time I remember the city going into lock down was when the nano virus was realese and only sheperd could move about. The one thing I am not quite sure about is why they did not lock the city down when it was attack by the wraith in the siege.

Comment

nano virus, that was it.

Can they lock it down?
              And they had to be able to move around, if it was locked down and a wraith got beamed somewhere it could have caused lots of damage before they could get there maybe. it looked really hectic

Comment

I think a city lockdown in the event of an attack would only work as a temporary stalling mechanism. They'd be able to override or sheer force their way through it eventually.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

That all they need they knew they had reinforements coming so they need to buy as much time as possible. Also doctor bennett or whateve his name have given the rectro virus which gives you the ancient gene to virtually anyone who wanted it, so anyone with the gene could of move around the base freely why the wraith would have overide every door they came across. This could bought vital seconds in their battle.

Comment

As far as I recall it wasn't the gene that was the activation for the override. It was that Sheppard and Teyla were wearing hazzard gear (with bloody gaping holes in them but nevermind ) and so couldn't be infected. Beckett's retrovirus is only effective in 40-something % of the population so encoding the doors with a gene activation even if they could do it probably wouldn't have been much use.

Plus the Wraith were kinda beaming in wherever, there's no guarantee they could hold up somewhere they wouldn't beam into.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I dont think that locking the city down in the Siege would have worked anyway cuz like someone said it could have caused alot of damage if Wraith were beamed in and also what if loads of Wraith were beamed in to parts of the city until there was a small army of them in one place or even 2 or 3, etc. Plus the fact that the Wraith probly would have just shot the doors down.

When the Wraith were invited into the city, Im sure most of the city was locked down and all non essential personnel were ordered to stay in their quaters plus they had rows of guards armed with P90s, Stunners, etc.

Going off topic and back to the siege, I think the obvious thing t do would have been try to create a jamming signal for the Wraith so they couldnt beam into the city much like they did with us when we tried to beam the nukes aboard. McKay built that other program very quickly and Im sure with help from all other scientists there they could have done a good job and really quickly too

Comment

There was a Wraith in the city at some point during the first season spying on the Atlantis team and the city didn't do anything. They didn't have a ZPM at the time, though.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                          There was a Wraith in the city at some point during the first season spying on the Atlantis team and the city didn't do anything. They didn't have a ZPM at the time, though.
                          Thtas the roblem with our ships in S9, we dont have a ZPM to properly power the shields and then if we did maybe we wouldnt get hurt so much

Comment

Yeah, their a life force, so they can only detect on that ipod sort of thing life force and that was Wraith. Being Wraith is not a virus, it's an evolutionary state....or so far as we know. So Atlantis wouldn't lock down. But it would be interesting to see if a Wraith would be able to manipulate the buttons on Atlantis...
                            VB
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

city was in lockdown in The Long Goodbye

Comment

Working...
                              X