X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altantis Power

SPOILERS Rising - Hide and seek

What happened to the city's power problems? In rising it seemed like everything was shutting down and there was almost no power left. In Hide & seek the lights seem to be on everywhere, the powered doors seem to work, the transporter works, even the "iris" and gate seem to have enough power, they even have enough power to watch TV and make popcorn. They were also able to waste an entire Naquada generator by throwing it through the gate. Surely they could have thought of a better plan, or even a plan to somehow recover it, but it seemed like they didn't even need the generator.

Where is all this power coming from? Was it just the shield that was using up an enormous amount of power, so now they have a whole bunch of spare energy since the shield is down. The shield was barely holding so how much power could it possibly have been using?
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

I'd imagine the sheild was using ALOT of energy and that they have *gasp* spare Naquada Generators. Also watching a tv and powering lights doesn't take up too much power not nearly as much as supporting the life of hundreds of people, it wasn't that the lights were on in that area of the city i'd assume that other things, in the areas they were exploring, were going turning on (heating and such).

Comment

The brought alot of generators but not enough for the shield. Also hopefully when they find enough power to go home they'll have more ZPMs to power the city and also alot more Generators so the ZPMs last longer and only have to deal with shields weapons and moving the city.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

One thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the consistency of the team bringing power back to the base and restoring it one step at a time -- it's funny, because now THEY are the scavengers in a Goa'uldish sort of way, although not as violent . I hope they keep track of item counts and stuff behind the scenes because I don't want another ST: Voyager (featuring unlimited shuttles) on my hands. Ha ha ha. But really, it would be neat if along the way, they find one ZPM after completing one mission, fully charged, and bring it back to base so that solves some of their problems -- and then get more weapons and exotic food, and so on.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

There is enough generators and power for them to do what they need, but not enough for powering the shield and other useful things!
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
            I hope they keep track of item counts and stuff behind the scenes because I don't want another ST: Voyager (featuring unlimited shuttles) on my hands.
            Yeah... They've already lost one MALP. I wonder how many they brought? And will they lose one each time they encounter a space gate?
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well, I'm guessing they didn't bring loads, so they'll have to use them wisely!
              __

__

Comment

I'm thinking that somewhere down the line, they'll find the Ancient equivalent to a MALP somewhere in the city.

Comment

That would be cool. Perhaps one simular floating device simular to a device like in Heroes or something
                  __

__

Comment

Yes, maybe... Only not ugly. Or taken right out of Star Wars.

Comment

lol As always..
                      __

__

Comment

I was hoping that the ancients would have been smart enough to put hidden camera's and censors on thier gates themselves but I guess they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
                          I was hoping that the ancients would have been smart enough to put hidden camera's and censors on thier gates themselves but I guess they didn't.
                          They weren't as paranoid as we are. Besides, they were so confident in their technology, they probably "Who could stop US??" Much like the Tollan were.

Comment

The Ancients then wouldn't have probably known as such things as enemis until the Wraith were about, well they probably did but they didn't want anything to do with them, so they kept themselves private
                            __

__

Comment

It's naieve to think that they never came across any enemies...just not as advanced as the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X