X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel/Anubis Rumor

~~~***MAJOR SEASON EIGHT SPOILES***~~~

I've read somewhere, can't remember where, that Anubis would show up near the end of season 8 or in the season (series?) finale in a final show down with Daniel, possibly ascended. Seeing as Anubis blew up the Abydos settlement (not the planet, right?), I've been wanting to see Daniel take on Anubis ever since he attempted and was stoped by Oma DeSalla in "Full Circle".

Can anyone confirm this rumor?

It is not a rumor. It is a publicized fact stated by someone involved with the show in an interview. No one said Daniel would be acsended but you can kind of predict he will be somehow (if) season 8 is the final season. He has expressed interest into continuing into season 9 and he couldn't very well have a major role as an ascended being.

There is already a thread on this and in it a link to the source:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1214

Comment

I think Anubis would get fully decended and instead of being a Gou'ald within a Host he will be only the host with the Gou'ald mind.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I've got a feeling Oma DeSalla makes a deal with the Ancients to let Daniel ascend so he can defeat Anubis if he agrees to descend willingly after. Anywho, thanks for the link.

Comment

Anubis should have the face of a jackal. Hey, I can think of no better punishment for him than making him walk the Earth as a dog! With fleas!

I hope to see Daniel take on Anubis, head to head... nothing overblown like the ending of Matrix: Revolutions but still, something very dramatic and exciting on this "higher plane of existence". Maybe Anubis ascends and terrorizes the ascended Ancients and it's up to Daniel to save the day
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I would be cool for Daniel to reascend and destroy anubis and stay ascended as the series is going to end. That way he will be able to get involved with stargate atlantis without gate travel and maybe end up having the anceints help SGA use the ancient tech to take on the wraith.

Comment

As much as I would like to see it happen, I don't think Oma would re-ascend him just to destroy Anubis. It's easier to destroy him herself. Although I'm not quite sure how the battle as such would take place!
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                I think Anubis would get fully decended and instead of being a Gou'ald within a Host he will be only the host with the Gou'ald mind.
                I think it is possible : Anubis would use Ancients' power in order to be descended by the "Others". And there, he could get again his planets (before Ba'al) and his Kull Warriors (and maybe his remaining motherships)

Comment

The problem is, he wouldn't understand much. His ships are all displayed in Ancient, so he probably won't be able to read it. Unless he has the automatic memory like Daniel did!
                  __

__

Comment

He may have anticipated his defeat and he may have prepared his return : there may be a possibility to use his technologies different from knowing Ancient. Perhaps he wouldn't forget Ancient language (remember Daniel after having been descended).

Comment

That's what I was getting at!
                      __

__

Comment

Just to say, Anubis is an ascended snake... there is no host, how could there be a host?

Comment

Indeed. It is therefore safe to assume that the host died.

Comment

Yeah, the host would have died, no host could have survived what happened. Not even Anubis Host. But the symbiote could!
                            __

__

Comment

Anubis could be sent back under a human form by the Ancients. Why would it be impossible ?

Comment

Working...
                              X