PDA

View Full Version : Chaya needs to Descend and join Atlantis

Lord Shiva
March 16th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hot chick, former Ascended Being. I think the Atlantis team, and the Tau'ri in general would benefit from a real, live Ancient. That's a real mistake I can't accept, John apparently can go and visit Chaya whenever he wants, so they technically HAVE an Ancient AND an Ascended Being that they can chum around and ask questions of...

... and they never do.

I think she would make a great season 3 character - just have her lose her Ascended status for some reason, and then find herself with John in Atlantis. Don't kill her off, but actually keep her as a main character who can help them learn more about the Ancient technology.

Blitz
March 16th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Well...lets see

1) wow...a girl for men to drool over and go 'ohhhh'

2) Actually in context of the show..it would elave her planet utterly defenceless and the only reason she's around would be her people...I doubt she would even leave them if seh decended.

3) As for going and asking her tons of questions - how would you like to be used, used used for your information? Because you know...I doubt the Atlantis expedition even pays her social visits...The mean home stealing, shoot anything that moves people they are.

Blitz

WraithWarrior
March 16th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Well...lets see

2) Actually in context of the show..it would elave her planet utterly defenceless and the only reason she's around would be her people...I doubt she would even leave them if seh decended.

3) As for going and asking her tons of questions - how would you like to be used, used used for your information? Because you know...I doubt the Atlantis expedition even pays her social visits...The mean home stealing, shoot anything that moves people they are.

Blitz

Although yes she is hot and I cant say I never drooled over her :lol: but yeah she would never leave her people but the info part, she is an Ancient and would love to help people however it would get annoyin and drive her crazy

Lord Shiva
March 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Well...lets see

Um, please go to the Relationship forum... I think Tayla/Weir/etc. are "girls for men to drool over and go 'ohhhh' you can't simply toss Chaya there and just say she's there for looks and nothing else. Her character background of being an Ancient is a very important factor. She can't help it that she's hot.

WraithWarrior
March 16th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Um, please go to the Relationship forum... I think Tayla/Weir/etc. are "girls for men to drool over and go 'ohhhh' you can't simply toss Chaya there and just say she's there for looks and nothing else. Her character background of being an Ancient is a very important factor. She can't help it that she's hot.

I hear ya man :D

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 09:49 AM
She can't help it that she's hot.

I didn't find her remotely attractive (and I'm interested in women, yes).

We really do not need her on the show at all. Also, don't the 'descended' lose their memories when they do so? How would that help anyone?

As an ascendend ancient she isn't allowed to help people either, so the plan doesn't work either way.

FallenAngelII
March 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Well, a lot of fans (STAKS) hate her...

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Well, a lot of fans (STAKS) hate her...

Not just STAKS, either, thanks.

WraithWarrior
March 16th, 2006, 10:42 AM
What are the STAKS? and you dont find he attractive? :eek:

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 10:55 AM

I like my women to seem more genuine and less sulky. I just didn't find her sexually attractive in general. I'd take this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/alfirin_kirinki/atflag.jpg) over Chaya any day.

STAKS is Shippers and Thunkers Against Kirking/Kirk Syndrome. But not everyone who is more interested in actual plot rather than the New Adventures of Sheppard's Wang, and/or whether he's 'destined' to be with Weir or Teyla is against seeing him get the girl every episode.

WraithWarrior
March 16th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Im not denying Sam is hot cuz I really do think she is along with Weir, Teyla and Vala and Id put them above Chaya anyday but I still thinks shes hot

your_god
March 16th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Dude she cant answer any questions as she is under the same rules as all other acended beans. The only way she could probably tell use anything is if she found real evidence of that information in our galaxy (same as anubis). Plus there is no way she can decend as she is been punished by the ancients, she must stay and protect her planet and what makes you think she would want to leave and make the people of the planet vunerable to the wraith.

Even though she is Soooooooo Hot!

Somtimes I wonder if some of the people who post even watch stargate!

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Somtimes I wonder if some of the people who post even watch stargate!

That's kinda harsh, don't ya think? Don't forget, Daniel was under the same rules, and found a way. People are just talking about what they'd like to see, and frankly, the story is limited only by the imagination of the writers.

What if her planet was destroyed? Her people gone, through means which she couldn't prevent? What if a threat presented itself to the entire pegasus galaxy, not just her planet, and to save everyone, including her people, she had to descend?

Yeah, she'd lose her memories, but like Orlin, she would have a brief window to change things.

I don't think they should do, I don't think they will do it, but it is most certainly doable.

d3thr0n3d
March 16th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Chaya needs to Descend and join Atlantis
NO!!! She doesn't, that was a one off ep and I hope they never return to it, unless it is in a dream like scene... :-p

mckaychick
March 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah they dont need to bring her back.

Bragi
March 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
At the very least, she needs to descend and go out with me.

atlantisrocks
March 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM
NO!!! She doesn't, that was a one off ep and I hope they never return to it, unless it is in a dream like scene... :-p
Agreed! I hope we NEVER see her again EVER! Worst Season 1 Episode!

Dylan Deltoran
March 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Well, it would be an interesting change but somehow I don't think Atlantis will be adding any new leading roles...although, I wouldn't mind :p

WraithWarrior
March 16th, 2006, 01:15 PM
That's kinda harsh, don't ya think? Don't forget, Daniel was under the same rules, and found a way. People are just talking about what they'd like to see, and frankly, the story is limited only by the imagination of the writers.

What if her planet was destroyed? Her people gone, through means which she couldn't prevent? What if a threat presented itself to the entire pegasus galaxy, not just her planet, and to save everyone, including her people, she had to descend?

Yeah, she'd lose her memories, but like Orlin, she would have a brief window to change things.

I don't think they should do, I don't think they will do it, but it is most certainly doable.

You said it, TPTB can decide what they want and what they think will be good. Personally, I dont care what they do or think cuz I know its gonna be good so I just sit back and watch :D

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM
If she did descend, though, maybe she could hook up with Michael... (snicker)

Lord Shiva
March 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
We really do not need her on the show at all. Also, don't the 'descended' lose their memories when they do so? How would that help anyone?

It seems that a lot of what they learn as Ascended Beings they forget because the other Ascended make sure of it. Not knowledge-of-the-universe stuff, that seems to be unable to fit into our heads lol

But Chaya, regardless, is still first and foremost an ANCIENT. That means that whether or not she forgets what she knew as an Ascended Being, she would still remember everything she knew as an Ancient, and that's what all the technology is about.

Lord Shiva
March 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM

Unfortunately, Chaya excudes a femininity that is found in more European type of women. Most people here like more "down to Earth" woman I think, which is what *I* find boring as hell. Like Major Carter. Heck, she's a cool gal, and almost everyone and his/her mother would want to end upw ith Major Carter - but not me. Chaya is FAR more attractive and feminine, which is what I think a woman should be.

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, Chaya excudes a femininity that is found in more European type of women. Most people here like more "down to Earth" woman I think, which is what *I* find boring as hell. Like Major Carter. Heck, she's a cool gal, and almost everyone and his/her mother would want to end upw ith Major Carter - but not me. Chaya is FAR more attractive and feminine, which is what I think a woman should be.

Which is a bit condescending. Especially as I am one of those 'European type of women' myself. I was born in England and I have Canadian and Lakota roots, but my father is Sicilian so I have olive skin, dark hair and eyes and proper curves (tiny waist, big hips, huge bust). But that doesn't mean I'm more feminine - I'm a tomboy. I scuff around in jeans and hoodies. It doesn't mean that blonde girls can't be feminine, either.

It has nothing to do with that. She's just... funny looking. And seems miserable. Not in an unhappy way, but in an 'absolutely no fun and really demanding' way. 'Probably complains about everything' way. And if you exude that attitude then nothing upon nothing is going to make you attractive. After all, how can you fall in love with someone else, if you're already in love with yourself?

But for the record, that's a photo of Amanda, not a photo of Col. Carter. There's a distinct difference.

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Which is a bit condescending. Especially as I am one of those 'European type of women' myself. I was born in England and I have Canadian and Lakota roots, but my father is Sicilian so I have olive skin, dark hair and eyes and proper curves (tiny waist, big hips, huge bust). But that doesn't mean I'm more feminine - I'm a tomboy. I scuff around in jeans and hoodies. It doesn't mean that blonde girls can't be feminine, either. .

Shhhhhh... you had me at huge bust... :jack:

alfirin_kirinki
March 16th, 2006, 02:52 PM

~whispers~ British 34FF/G ~cackles~

Mattathias2.0
March 16th, 2006, 03:16 PM
When I read a Slasher Story, I want it to be the business (with a little story arc involved).

When I watch SG1 or SGA... I prefer it not just be about that...

Where would that put me, out of curiosity?

Mattathias

Lord Shiva
March 16th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Which is a bit condescending. Especially as I am one of those 'European type of women' myself. I was born in England and I have Canadian and Lakota roots, but my father is Sicilian so I have olive skin, dark hair and eyes and proper curves (tiny waist, big hips, huge bust). But that doesn't mean I'm more feminine - I'm a tomboy. I scuff around in jeans and hoodies. It doesn't mean that blonde girls can't be feminine, either.

It has nothing to do with that. She's just... funny looking. And seems miserable. Not in an unhappy way, but in an 'absolutely no fun and really demanding' way. 'Probably complains about everything' way. And if you exude that attitude then nothing upon nothing is going to make you attractive. After all, how can you fall in love with someone else, if you're already in love with yourself?

But for the record, that's a photo of Amanda, not a photo of Col. Carter. There's a distinct difference.

Honestly, I could care less if I sound condescending, and my idea of a real woman is that of a female who excudes femininity rather then runs around in jeans and plays baseball.

And please, you lost all credibility with me by saying Chaya looks "funny looking" - she is very attractive, and this isn't just a "matter of opinion." Again, I can't help it if you (and others) believe that the "every woman" is hotter then and model/hot actress.

I find many average looking people, well, average looking, and I don't try to lie and pretend they're hotter then people who are, in fact, hot.

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 03:25 PM
~whispers~ British 34FF/G ~cackles~

:hammond: (<---me speechless)

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 03:27 PM
When I read a Slasher Story, I want it to be the business (with a little story arc involved).

When I watch SG1 or SGA... I prefer it not just be about that...

Where would that put me, out of curiosity?

Mattathias

Well rounded? I mean, not like me, who is literally and physically well rounded.. but emotionally and intellectually, maybe. :sheppard:

atlantisrocks
March 16th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Sure, you may think she's more attractive, but what else? She really didn't have much of a personality. (I have no complaints about the actress, she seemed nice enough in the DVD extras). The reason more people like Major Carter is because she has a well-rounded personality, as well as being pretty. She's brilliant, funny, kind, the list goes on. And all you can say about Chaya really is that she's hot.;)

Mattathias2.0
March 16th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well rounded? I mean, not like me, who is literally and physically well rounded.. but emotionally and intellectually, maybe. :sheppard:

Yea, that sounds like me.

I must have my cake... and eat it too.

Mattathias

Lord Shiva
March 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Sure, you may think she's more attractive, but what else? She really didn't have much of a personality. (I have no complaints about the actress, she seemed nice enough in the DVD extras). The reason more people like Major Carter is because she has a well-rounded personality, as well as being pretty. She's brilliant, funny, kind, the list goes on. And all you can say about Chaya really is that she's hot.;)

True, and I have nothing against Major Carter. You're right, she is brilliant, funny, kind, etc.

But one thing that most people fail to realize is that she is a character that has developed over the course of NINE SEASONS. Some might say "Major Carter was the bestest in Children of the Gods!" but I felt that she developed over the course of the show... I personally hated all her "My reproductive organs are on the inside!" and "I played with astronaut dolls!" speeches in the pilot, or found the whole "Women are equal!" Emancipation episode woefully average in her development.

But, again, she's had time to develop.

How can you really know much about Chaya in ONE episode? It's a valid argument that would fit with Carter as well had they put her in one episode and left it at that.

Basically, characters need time to develop is what I'm saying. Carter had that, Chaya hasn't.

npattis
March 16th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Last thing we need is for Sheppard to become the next Kirk.

atlantisrocks
March 16th, 2006, 04:32 PM
True, and I have nothing against Major Carter. You're right, she is brilliant, funny, kind, etc.

But one thing that most people fail to realize is that she is a character that has developed over the course of NINE SEASONS. Some might say "Major Carter was the bestest in Children of the Gods!" but I felt that she developed over the course of the show... I personally hated all her "My reproductive organs are on the inside!" and "I played with astronaut dolls!" speeches in the pilot, or found the whole "Women are equal!" Emancipation episode woefully average in her development.

But, again, she's had time to develop.

How can you really know much about Chaya in ONE episode? It's a valid argument that would fit with Carter as well had they put her in one episode and left it at that.

Basically, characters need time to develop is what I'm saying. Carter had that, Chaya hasn't.
I agree, she hasn't had that much time to develop. But a good example of someone who was pretty well-rounded for being in one episode is Perna. I love Perna because she was presented as being brilliant, kind, and pretty in just one episode. And then of course they killed her off. :(

WraithWarrior
March 17th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Its true that she can not develop in one ep and maybe she does need more eps in order for her character to develop and Im sure she will be revisited eventually and as for funny looking?? :eek: but hey if thats what you think Im not gonna be the one to argue because I think it is a matter of opinion and no one can change your opinion but yourself. And yes, I too am one of those people who looks for more than looks in a woman, attitude is propably one of the main things as well as personality, etc.

WraithWarrior
March 17th, 2006, 01:06 AM

:lol: ROFLMAO :lol:

Lord Shiva
March 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
And yes, I too am one of those people who looks for more than looks in a woman, attitude is propably one of the main things as well as personality, etc.

Right, I totally agree... a woman is more then just looks, but to call Chaya "funny looking?" I don't think so. Funny looking is Rosey O'Donell or Rosanne.

RyantheGreat
March 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Or Steve Buscemi..

alfirin_kirinki
March 17th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I could care less if I sound condescending, and my idea of a real woman is that of a female who excudes femininity rather then runs around in jeans and plays baseball.

And please, you lost all credibility with me by saying Chaya looks "funny looking" - she is very attractive, and this isn't just a "matter of opinion." Again, I can't help it if you (and others) believe that the "every woman" is hotter then and model/hot actress.

I find many average looking people, well, average looking, and I don't try to lie and pretend they're hotter then people who are, in fact, hot.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, now.

What you said was that I don't like European women because they're too feminine. You also implied that only European women can be truly womanly. Which is rubbish. I do like feminine women - not all lesbians or bisexual women are butch, not even the ones who are playfully tomboyish - I liked Christina Ricci before she lost all the weight. She was beautiful.

What you describe as your view of a 'real woman' is subjective. Whether Chaya is attractive or not is highly subjective. If I don't find her attractive, she's not attractive to me, and therefore I am well within my rights to say 'she is not attractive'. When I look at her, her mouth seems lopsided and her eyebrows are plucked in such a way that they do not look normal. She doesn't look right to me, and thus: 'funny' or 'unusual'.

Your view of 'real women' is out-dated and somewhat chauvanist. A woman who wears jeans isn't feminine? That shoots your credibility down and suggests a total lack of understanding of what women really are.

As other people have said, she lacked personality - something which other minor characters did not - she was a means to an end for the writers. She was the start of the Kirking, she was an Ancient. That's all they had on her. I'm afraid (and yet I hope) that is all she will ever be.

But if it makes you feel any better, I totally agree about Sam in the pilot. It was bad writing.

Lord Shiva
March 17th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Don't get your knickers in a twist, now.

What you said was that I don't like European women because they're too feminine. You also implied that only European women can be truly womanly. Which is rubbish. I do like feminine women - not all lesbians or bisexual women are butch, not even the ones who are playfully tomboyish - I liked Christina Ricci before she lost all the weight. She was beautiful.

What you describe as your view of a 'real woman' is subjective. Whether Chaya is attractive or not is highly subjective. If I don't find her attractive, she's not attractive to me, and therefore I am well within my rights to say 'she is not attractive'. When I look at her, her mouth seems lopsided and her eyebrows are plucked in such a way that they do not look normal. She doesn't look right to me, and thus: 'funny' or 'unusual'.

Your view of 'real women' is out-dated and somewhat chauvanist. A woman who wears jeans isn't feminine? That shoots your credibility down and suggests a total lack of understanding of what women really are.

As other people have said, she lacked personality - something which other minor characters did not - she was a means to an end for the writers. She was the start of the Kirking, she was an Ancient. That's all they had on her. I'm afraid (and yet I hope) that is all she will ever be.

But if it makes you feel any better, I totally agree about Sam in the pilot. It was bad writing.

Wait, so long hair, dresses and being attractive in the Hollywood sense is out-dated and somewhat chauvanistic? If that's the case, I can't help it. I never said women who wear jeans aren't feminine - I said women who wear jeans and play baseball :P

If you asked 10 people who are in the industry (that deals with fashion and beauty) if Leonor Varela is pretty or not, almost all of them if not all 10 would say she is. This is an industry, it is a business and I am on the side of beauty and business. It doesn't bother me if someone on a message board thinks she's unnatractive, as you said - that's your opinion, but its not the opinion of Hollywood or of the fashion world.

Call me a chauvanistic pig if you want. I'm not, but this is the Internet, and you are free to say so if you want :)

btw, Sam is a great character and I can tell the actress is very amazing. I like her a lot as well - and she is defientely a lot more "tomboy" then a character such as Chaya.

alfirin_kirinki
March 17th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Wait, so long hair, dresses and being attractive in the Hollywood sense is out-dated and somewhat chauvanistic? If that's the case, I can't help it. I never said women who wear jeans aren't feminine - I said women who wear jeans and play baseball :P

If you asked 10 people who are in the industry (that deals with fashion and beauty) if Leonor Varela is pretty or not, almost all of them if not all 10 would say she is. This is an industry, it is a business and I am on the side of beauty and business. It doesn't bother me if someone on a message board thinks she's unnatractive, as you said - that's your opinion, but its not the opinion of Hollywood or of the fashion world.

Call me a chauvanistic pig if you want. I'm not, but this is the Internet, and you are free to say so if you want :)

btw, Sam is a great character and I can tell the actress is very amazing. I like her a lot as well - and she is defientely a lot more "tomboy" then a character such as Chaya.

I didn't call you a chauvanist pig. There's a difference between regarding an opinion as chauvanist/racist/ageist/whatever, without saying or implying that the person whose opinion it was is universally prejudiced in that fashion.

But Hollywood is learning. Hence the rise of Earthier actresses like Drew Barrymore, Maggie Gyllenhaal (who really and truly is funny looking), Michelle Williams et al. Normal girls. It's nothing to do with long hair or pretty dresses. Even I look feminine if you put me in a dress, and my hair is longer now than it has been in half a decade. For the first time, I can get it in bunches.

I just don't understand how a girl who would be willing to run around and have fun is unwomanly. Maybe it's because I have a more Pagan view of what a woman is - I don't see that looking 'pretty' and acting demure is something a female has to be to qualify as a 'real woman'. That only qualifies her as the male fantasy of a woman they can protect, own and show off to their friends.

It reminds me of the 1950s handouts about women knowing their place and 'how to be a good wife'.

Lord Shiva
March 17th, 2006, 09:07 PM
It reminds me of the 1950s handouts about women knowing their place and 'how to be a good wife'.

Ah, those were simpler times. *sniff* I miss them.

Seriously, though, I'm all for womens lib and I love the fact that they are free to do whatever they want... but I'm also free not to like a woman that I feel is unfeminine. Perhaps its the testosterone in me, who knows :)

NakedJehutyV2
March 17th, 2006, 09:09 PM
nah too much jacking off. nothing would get done

RyantheGreat
March 17th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Ah, those were simpler times. *sniff* I miss them.

Seriously, though, I'm all for womens lib and I love the fact that they are free to do whatever they want... but I'm also free not to like a woman that I feel is unfeminine. Perhaps its the testosterone in me, who knows :)

There's going to be a market for all types of women, just as there's a market for all types of food, clothing, etc... I think people who don't like Sushi are strange, but I don't judge them for it. (although they do judge me for eating it!)

Anyway, I think the merits of both sides of the discussion are summed up succinctly in one old saying... "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

(immediately followed by: In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King)

Lord Shiva
March 17th, 2006, 11:13 PM
There's going to be a market for all types of women, just as there's a market for all types of food, clothing, etc... I think people who don't like Sushi are strange, but I don't judge them for it. (although they do judge me for eating it!)

Anyway, I think the merits of both sides of the discussion are summed up succinctly in one old saying... "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

(immediately followed by: In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King)

People who don't like Sushi are more then strange, they're insane!

alfirin_kirinki
March 18th, 2006, 02:21 AM

That I can agree on.

WraithWarrior
March 18th, 2006, 03:33 AM

Never tried it so wouldnt know

nodrog
March 18th, 2006, 04:24 AM
If don't know about her descending hah because if she did it would totally ruin any romance shepard and tayla had and I don't want that.

WraithWarrior
March 18th, 2006, 05:04 AM
If don't know about her descending hah because if she did it would totally ruin any romance shepard and tayla had and I don't want that.

how so? and I dont think many people would call it romance

gooner_diva
March 18th, 2006, 05:16 AM
I must have missed an episode. :rolleyes:

Wolf Eire
March 18th, 2006, 05:18 AM

Or an entire season.:rolleyes:

Ludofjn
March 18th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I didn't find her remotely attractive (and I'm interested in women, yes).

As an ascendend ancient she isn't allowed to help people either, so the plan doesn't work either way.
how dare the chaya=HOTNESS

RyantheGreat
March 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM
That I can agree on.

You see, we're not so... different... you and I...

Can't... we... all... just... get... along?

alfirin_kirinki
March 18th, 2006, 03:25 PM

I could say the same to you about your ship.

StarsAlign
March 18th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Chaya descend and join Atlantis? Dear Eru, I hope that never happens. I'm perfectly content to leave her shoved in that big box of Characters Which Are Never Seen Again. She was the most obnoxiously blatant Mary Sue I've ever seen, and "Sanctuary" was hands-down the worst Atlantis episode, in my opinion. If Chaya were to become a recurring character on Atlantis, and if she didn't undergo some serious character development, I would stop watching the show.

the evil puppy
March 18th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I just kinda stumbled upon this thread and immediately went 'OH GOD NOOOOOO!!!' but I was still interested in the discussion and wanted to know what could possibly be a reason to bring back Chaya. Well, I still haven't found an answer.

'Sanctuary' (also known as 'Skanctuary' for obvious reasons) is the worst SGA episode ever made and there's absolutely no need to ever be reminded of this awful 42 min long instrument of torture. And Chaya? She's probably one of the worst guest characters of any show that I've ever seen. In my opinion she was flat out obnoxious, which in itself just didn't make her very attractive or appealing to me.

I don't know what your home world is but where I come from physical attractiveness is and has always been debatable and a 'matter of opinion'. And what exactly are your criteria for 'average' and 'above average'? There is just no individual in this world which will be equally attractive to everyone else because a judgment like this is highly dependent on taste (among other aspects). I don't know if any of you remember Sarah - Daniel's friend who became the host for Osiris - but personally, I thought she was very pretty and interesting and I really liked seeing her again in later episodes. Chaya, on the other hand, was pale, uninteresting, needy, absolutely annoying and not particularily beautiful. Again, this is my opinion and if you say your opinion is not debatable that's fine. The actual fact, however, is a matter of opinion.

If she did descend, though, maybe she could hook up with Michael... (snicker)

I can't believe that nobody has commented on this 'cos that really cracked me up. I mean wouldn't that be nice if Chaya and the Wraith king (assuming there is one) made many little babies? By combining their genes they could actually create an entirely species which would probably have better eating habbits and a preference for a healthier, more nutritious and milky way galaxy-like diet. And the Pegasus galaxy could be a happy place again. But honestly, that's about the only way I can think of how Chaya could be useful for the show.

However, my call would still be: PLEASE DON'T!!! :ronananime01: The problem with Chaya is not her physical features, it's the character she was portrayed as. As someone else pointed out she would be in serious need of change of character in order to fit in with the show and what would be the point? The writers might as well find someone else and create a whole new and hopefully more likable character.

nodrog
March 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM
how so? and I dont think many people would call it romance

haha I know there isn't much there but I keep hoping for one!

Sweet you can roll your eyes. You're COOL!

gooner_diva
March 19th, 2006, 02:41 AM
I could say the same to you about your ship.
Yes, you could, which is why I don't go to other threads telling people my pairing is the way to go. That's what ship threads are for. However, someone said that Sheppard and Teyla had a romance which they clearly didn't.

nodrog
March 19th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Yes yes that someone is me.

I know no one else thinks so but I don't know it feels like they do have something to me.

Don't get bent out of shape over it.

alfirin_kirinki
March 19th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Yes, you could, which is why I don't go to other threads telling people my pairing is the way to go. That's what ship threads are for. However, someone said that Sheppard and Teyla had a romance which they clearly didn't.

Actually, nodrog's comment sounded as though he/she was referring to a hypothetical romance.

FoolishPleasure
March 19th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Sheppard and Teyla have a romance going on? I haven't seen it. I thought it was Ronon and Teyla with all the fireworks. *shrug*

As for Chaya (and the infamous, "Stanktuary" episode), I like the actress - she is pretty and in other pics of her, she seems quite bubbly and energetic. TPTB had her play Chaya as very blank-faced which made her emotionless and seem somewhat unintelligent (IMO). If they had given her a larger emotional range, she might have gone over better.

But that, "for you John" stuff just made me reach for a barf bag. ;)

No, I don't want to see her again.

ToasterOnFire
March 19th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I like the actress - she is pretty and in other pics of her, she seems quite bubbly and energetic. TPTB had her play Chaya as very blank-faced which made her emotionless and seem somewhat unintelligent (IMO). If they had given her a larger emotional range, she might have gone over better.
This is how I feel too. I don't mind beautiful women - Atlantis is apparently going to great lengths to bring in the eye candy after all. But I didn't think there was much depth to her character beyond "Oooh...I'm a mysterious and soporific Ancient" and "I cannot resist Shep's genetic makeup." And her constant deer in the headlights look didn't do anything for me.

Very similar to the scientist gal in Inferno, actually...

astronomicalchick
March 19th, 2006, 07:46 AM
What a strange thread. What is it about? I'm confused. It seems to have veered off into thoughts and notions about feminine beauty and how big certain posters breasts are (which I did not need to know) and a bit of shipper scuffle. Chaya needs to be on Atlantis. Where's the need? Lord Shiva why you need Chaya to be on Atlantis and why? Is it because of her looks or because she has something more to offer? I wouldn't want her to be on Atlantis because she's a Sheppard love interest, I'd like to see her contribute something a bit more to the show.

alfirin_kirinki
March 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM
What a strange thread. What is it about? I'm confused. It seems to have veered off into thoughts and notions about feminine beauty and how big certain posters breasts are (which I did not need to know).

Trust me, your life has been enriched. :sheppardanime23:

astronomicalchick
March 19th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Trust me, your life has been enriched. :sheppardanime23:

That's nice that you think so.

I'm still not convinced of the added value that Chaya would bring to Atlantis, it would be interesting to explore this further.

alfirin_kirinki
March 19th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I'm still not convinced of the added value that Chaya would bring to Atlantis.

Me either. As far as I'm concerned, the answer is 'none'.

Aside from interpreting what is input on the Atlantis database a bit faster, which Daniel could probably do anyway, I can't see anything.

nodrog
March 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Sheppard and Teyla have a romance going on? I haven't seen it. I thought it was Ronon and Teyla with all the fireworks. *shrug*

lol They don't really haah but in s1 the whole necklace thing I think I remember when tayla like lost her necklace and she said how um sheppard gave it to her and she said it was such fondness and then the whole sheppard and tayla visit to earth or "fake" visit to earth made me think that the writers where going to start a romance. Then in s2 ronon and tayla seem to be connecting more just because they're always together and not from earth but whenver john is in trouble she seems more worried to me than she does when someone else is in trouble haah then again tayla worries about almost everyone.

I guess I just keep hoping for it haha for some reason.:(

nodrog
March 19th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Me either. As far as I'm concerned, the answer is 'none'.

Aside from interpreting what is input on the Atlantis database a bit faster, which Daniel could probably do anyway, I can't see anything.

Would she really be able to interpret the data faster? I mean don't they lose their memory so they could only do so much before they forgot it all? I mean the only reason can do it so well is because he studied it all before he ascended and I think they only lose the memory of the time they were ascended?

I think ahah....

alfirin_kirinki
March 19th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Would she really be able to interpret the data faster? I mean don't they lose their memory so they could only do so much before they forgot it all? I mean the only reason can do it so well is because he studied it all before he ascended and I think they only lose the memory of the time they were ascended?

I think ahah....

But as an Ancient as someone else said, when I raised the memory issue myself, she would still be able to read her own language, surely?

Lord Shiva
March 19th, 2006, 03:09 PM
As for Chaya (and the infamous, "Stanktuary" episode), I like the actress - she is pretty and in other pics of her, she seems quite bubbly and energetic. TPTB had her play Chaya as very blank-faced which made her emotionless and seem somewhat unintelligent (IMO). If they had given her a larger emotional range, she might have gone over better.

For starters, she was an Ascended Ancient... she didn't want to let people know this so of course she was "Put off-ish" anyway, I dunno, I think I must have been watching a different episode then most people on the forum because Sanctuary is one of my favorite episodes and I still can't grasp how people could think it was the worse. They complain that Sheppard is "kirking" but seriously, when ISN'T he? There's an episode in season 2 where McCay has the hots for some scientist and Sheppard is macking on her.

I think the real reason is that both Telya and Weir haven't been so close to Sheppard in 2 seasons as Chaya was in 1 episode, and those shippers don't like that :)

But as a Chaya fan, I love it :)

Chaya, an Ascended, and Sheppard, who has so much Ancient DNA that he could very well Ascend himself. No wonder they clicked!

Lord Shiva
March 19th, 2006, 03:20 PM
What a strange thread. What is it about? I'm confused. It seems to have veered off into thoughts and notions about feminine beauty and how big certain posters breasts are (which I did not need to know) and a bit of shipper scuffle. Chaya needs to be on Atlantis. Where's the need? Lord Shiva why you need Chaya to be on Atlantis and why? Is it because of her looks or because she has something more to offer? I wouldn't want her to be on Atlantis because she's a Sheppard love interest, I'd like to see her contribute something a bit more to the show.

I thought I mentioned that on the first post - while people seem to hate Chaya because she's prettier then Teyla and Weir (*ducks and hides* - I'm kidding, guys!), the point was that she is an Ascended Ancient! We've had a few occurances of an Ascended Descending, but nothing really comes of it... one season someone Descended because they were in love with Samantha, and nothing much came of it. And then again in Season 9, but again, the only thing that happened is he Descended as a child and ended up straining his brain too much.

I think the show (and if I were writing the show I would do this, so I guess for the sake of the forum people I'm not) would gain from the addition of a character who Descends and on purpose helps the Atlantis team learn more about Ancient technology and basically help them learn about Ancient culture, etc.

A living, breathing Ancient - which Chaya would become if she Descended. She wouldn't NEED to "remember" everything she did as an Ascended Being (people complained that it was pointless for her to Descend because she'd forget), because she would remember everything she did as an Ancient.

Anyway, I'd do it *shrug*

nodrog
March 19th, 2006, 07:07 PM
But as an Ancient as someone else said, when I raised the memory issue myself, she would still be able to read her own language, surely?

hmmm yeah you're right since she was an ancient to begin with. Then nvm I take back my comment since she's an ancient before she ascended she could benefit sga a lot with the amount of technological boozy woozy she knows.

RyantheGreat
March 19th, 2006, 08:47 PM
hmmm yeah you're right since she was an ancient to begin with. Then nvm I take back my comment since she's an ancient before she ascended she could benefit sga a lot with the amount of technological boozy woozy she knows.

"technological boozy woozy".... I think I heard McKay say that in season 2, right?:hammond: :hammond: