This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does "Jinto" mean?

Hi, I am new to this board and I am a fan of both SG1 and Atlantis. Me and my husband like the name Jinto and we want to use it as a name for our new dog (Just born last week). But we want to know what Jinto means or how the writers came up with this name. I already found some info about a anime with a character named Jinto and that it means "humane, human" in Taiwan. Can anybody tell me wether this is correct and if this has anything to do with the writers choice of this name?
    Greetings from Holland, Zilfstar.

The writers haven't elaborated on what Jinto's name means. I doubt it's Korean though because Korea didn't exist when the Ancients left the Milky Way for Pegasus.

Comment

I don't think, that it has a special meaning. I think it's just a name which came out of the producers' heads.

Comment

Thanks for your input in this manner. Well I guess I wil never know it for sure. But I do like the fact that I found out that in another language it means Humanity. Makes you think why they met Jinto first...

In the mean time our dog has been born (now 3 weeks old) and we really like the name Jinto. It sounds happy and a labrador is a happy dog, so... And my son can pronounse it right.

Thanks again. The same question raised a humoristic thread on another Stargate site though... something about Daniel Jackson in black leather....

Comment

Originally posted by Zilfstar
          Thanks for your input in this manner. Well I guess I wil never know it for sure. But I do like the fact that I found out that in another language it means Humanity. Makes you think why they met Jinto first...

In the mean time our dog has been born (now 3 weeks old) and we really like the name Jinto. It sounds happy and a labrador is a happy dog, so... And my son can pronounse it right.

Thanks again. The same question raised a humoristic thread on another Stargate site though... something about Daniel Jackson in black leather....

I know there is a comentary on the Atlantis boxed set for season 1 where they are talking about Jinto.
          Spoiler:
          The episode where he got lost after going in the "elevator" thing and released the blob

If you have access to the comentaries, you could watch them and see if they said anything about it (it's quite humerous too!!) Otherwise I can't help you much!! Sorry!

Comment

yeah i dont remember them saying what jinto meant
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
              yeah i dont remember them saying what jinto meant
              It's been a while since i've seen it, so I couldn't remember!! Thanks!

Comment

was it in hide and seek
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

was it in hide and seek
                  Yep!

Comment

was it in hide and seek
                    Yeah, there was a joke about the cast saying "Jinto! Come!" and clapping their hands to summon him.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                      Yeah, there was a joke about the cast saying "Jinto! Come!" and clapping their hands to summon him.
                      That was a funny commentary! Speaking of Jinto, I hope TPTB decide to bring him back for another ep.

Sorry I can't be of much help either, but WELCOME to GW Zilfstar! I think Jinto would be a great name for a puppy. Good Luck!!
                      Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Working...
                      X