PDA

View Full Version : Micheal a member of the Atlantis Team?

All hail the USAF
March 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Ok...it's a LONG shot but...Micheal doesn't seem to be very...well...happy for lack of a better word with his fellow Wraith so is it possible he might have a moral heart attack and edn p helping the good'ol Atlantis folk?

Tisquestion is either stupidly obvious or stupidly ignorant....you be the judge

metroid
March 16th, 2006, 12:27 AM
I highly doubt it, It would never work with Ronin and i don't think they'll drop Ronin anytime soon

Chutzpah
March 16th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I don't think they would ever have a Wraith on their team. Especially one that totally screwed them over. I mean, SG1 had a couple of Goa'uld offer their service. They pretty much held them as prisoners.

ZPM_Plant
March 16th, 2006, 04:57 AM
what if the doc can perfect the gas...ronin would have to deal...i mean the info michael could give us...now we have to find out is what would force michael to want the gas over the wraith?

RoMUS
March 16th, 2006, 05:20 AM
When i watched the ep Allies i kina of got the feeling that micheal wants to be part of atlantis....and i got the idea that he will be how they stop the wraith gettin to earth,anyone else?

All hail the USAF
March 16th, 2006, 06:17 AM
I was just thinking maybe Micheal had sometime to realize that the gas is the only alteritive to his people dying in the war and thinks it is best for all involved parties...whether he admits it or not

Pharaoh Atem
March 16th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I highly doubt it, It would never work with Ronin and i don't think they'll drop Ronin anytime soon
it could work if there can turn into a full human and get rid of the wratith part of him completely

Kanten
March 16th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Despite the events at the end of the season, I can't help but think Michael's human characteristics are still in there somewhere. They just need to find a way to get rid of the Wraith instincts altogether before he could really be a friend.

It was clear he really didn't want to feed off Teyla at the end of his namesake episode, but the Wraith instincts are just too powerful to resist. As for his behavior in Allies, I chalk it up to those Wraith parts having taken over.

prion
March 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Ok...it's a LONG shot but...Micheal doesn't seem to be very...well...happy for lack of a better word with his fellow Wraith so is it possible he might have a moral heart attack and edn p helping the good'ol Atlantis folk?

Tisquestion is either stupidly obvious or stupidly ignorant....you be the judge

Sure..... Michael doesn't say 'please' before grabbing the salt shaker and then Ronon decapitates him with a sword, then Sheppard has to fill out all this paperwork on why their fifth team member didn't even make it through lunch. ;)

creed462
March 16th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I don't think Michael's complete a wraith anymore

the fifth man
March 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Sure..... Michael doesn't say 'please' before grabbing the salt shaker and then Ronon decapitates him with a sword, then Sheppard has to fill out all this paperwork on why their fifth team member didn't even make it through lunch. ;)

LMAO!!:D :) :D That sure would be something to see.

mckaychick
March 16th, 2006, 11:38 AM

That would be Hillarious

RyantheGreat
March 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I suppose a good comparison would be Teal'c and his lack of a symbiote. He's fine now, so long as he keeps up his meds, and the same would be true of Michael.

I could see certain entertaining aspects, such as a mission where they're captured (I know, I know, it seems highly unlikely, but bear with me) and they take Michael's gas and he starts to revert... He might even ask Ronin to finish him before he can hurt anyone. It would be an entertaining dynamic.

And Gods, to get Connor on any series as a regular would be worth it...

But alas, I just don't see it in the cards right now. I think S2 finally had the "team" finding it's balance and groove, with Shep, McKay, Teyla and Ronin. It's a good chemistry. Throwing Michael into the mix might just mess things up, and he's way too cool for a secondary role.

deadman
March 16th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I like the idea. A Wraith as a member of the team would be interesting.

FallenAngelII
March 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
In the interview with Gateworld, Connor Trineer, the actor who portrayed the original Michael, says that after the first two episodes of season 3, there's room for his character to come back. That the story is in no way complete.

This gives us two answer:
1) Michael will not die in the first two episodes
2) He will leave somehow

And according to the 2nd interview, he will not turn human again in the opening 2-part episode.

GhostPoet
March 17th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I don't think we'll see Michael joining the Atlantis team.
Infact...I much prefer him doing his own thing. He is out for himself...not the Wraith...not the humans...he is in the middle and takes advantage of it.

RyantheGreat
March 17th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Infact...I much prefer him doing his own thing. He is out for himself...not the Wraith...not the humans...he is in the middle and takes advantage of it.

I like that concept... a Wraith with a conscience. It's worked repeatedly in vampire fiction, why not with the wraiths, or at least this particular Wraith.

It would then be fascinating if Michael found the Wraithgirl played by Jewel Staite (character's name escapes me now).

mckaychick
March 17th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I like that concept... a Wraith with a conscience. It's worked repeatedly in vampire fiction, why not with the wraiths, or at least this particular Wraith.

It would then be fascinating if Michael found the Wraithgirl played by Jewel Staite (character's name escapes me now).

Lol that would be intersting to see.

All hail the USAF
March 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM

Thatd be kinda hard concidering she went uber-wraith and was killed

RyantheGreat
March 17th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Thatd be kinda hard concidering she went uber-wraith and was killed

Ah, there's the rub, isn't it. But I watched that episode twice (or at least the ending) and something about it just didn't seem... final? I'm not sure she's dead at all.

As far as uber-wraith, considering the effects of the retrovirus wear off, it's safe to assume she reverted. (if she lived)

All hail the USAF
March 17th, 2006, 04:10 PM
As far as uber-wraith, considering the effects of the retrovirus wear off, it's safe to assume she reverted. (if she lived)

Well it reverts when the wraith is made into a human...we don't know the effects when made "more wraith"

RyantheGreat
March 17th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Well it reverts when the wraith is made into a human...we don't know the effects when made "more wraith"

Fair enough. But even if it didn't, I'm sure Beckett could whip up a retro-retrovirus if she's ever found.

hmmm... here's a thought. Being an uber-wraith, she may well produce enough enzyme for Ford and herself. His cure might be tied to her, or vice versa.

All hail the USAF
March 17th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Eh I doubt Ford would be anymore kind to her then to any other wraith he comes across...Ford ain't the nice boy he used to be and just remember the story of the goose who laid the golden egg

RyantheGreat
March 17th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Eh I doubt Ford would be anymore kind to her then to any other wraith he comes across...Ford ain't the nice boy he used to be and just remember the story of the goose who laid the golden egg

You're probably right, just a thought. (besides, I'm sure TPTB have a resolution in mind for Ford already... )

Back to Michael and the uber-wraith (character name, someone, please??? I'm begging), I'm sure hystoricaly speaking, there have been Wraith that have... associated... with humans. Raised by them, whatever. No doubt there is a long tradition of behavior the rest of the Wraith associate to them. I imagine Michael may well be dead or exiled were it not for the opportunity he has brought.... namely the chance to get Earth.

metroid
March 17th, 2006, 09:44 PM
You're probably right, just a thought. (besides, I'm sure TPTB have a resolution in mind for Ford already... )

I think we may have seen the last of Ford already because they can either let him have died on that hiveship or they can make him come back and tell us how he magically got off the ship in time.

Somehow i think they left it an open ending because they probably won't bring him back but if it's needed, they should be able to do so.

NakedJehutyV2
March 17th, 2006, 10:38 PM
if they're gonna drop someone, it should be Da WUSS. Zalenka should replace him.

Ludofjn
March 18th, 2006, 08:45 AM
MIchal is attacking earth

Avenger
March 18th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Michael gives a face and name to the Wratih. He's a unique enemy that the show lacked before. I doubt we'll ever see him as a member of the Atlantis team. The only way I could think of that even happening and it having a chance of working is if he does somethings more covertly. Maybe he becomes a character who plays both sides in a sneaky way.

RyantheGreat
March 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Michael gives a face and name to the Wratih. He's a unique enemy that the show lacked before. I doubt we'll ever see him as a member of the Atlantis team. The only way I could think of that even happening and it having a chance of working is if he does somethings more covertly. Maybe he becomes a character who plays both sides in a sneaky way.

He's obviously sympathetic to humans... but, well, they are dinner, so I don't really expect him to join a team, either. But I do think the character has a future, either among the wraith or as an outcast.

Kanten
March 19th, 2006, 02:20 AM
I think we may have seen the last of Ford already because they can either let him have died on that hiveship or they can make him come back and tell us how he magically got off the ship in time.

Somehow i think they left it an open ending because they probably won't bring him back but if it's needed, they should be able to do so.

And once again, the writers completely abandon a loose-ended character.

Wraith Scientist
March 19th, 2006, 03:54 AM

Back to Michael and the uber-wraith (character name, someone, please??? I'm begging), I'm sure hystoricaly speaking, there have been Wraith that have... associated... with humans. Raised by them, whatever. No doubt there is a long tradition of behavior the rest of the Wraith associate to them. I imagine Michael may well be dead or exiled were it not for the opportunity he has brought.... namely the chance to get Earth.

Her name is Ellia

It would be great if they brought her back. There's some great backstory to cover there too: Why did that group of Wraith crash on that planet? Why did they have a child passenger? What is the role of females and children in Wraith society?

It would be good to get a deeper insight into Wraith society. More interesting enemies are far better than mindless life-sucking parasites.

OmegaProject
March 19th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I wonder if Michael actually saves Ronin and Mckay, that would make an interesting storyline.

npattis
March 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I still say Michael needs to pull a Teal'C and joined the Atlantis team. Wow that would make one hell of a story arch! Him trying to gain their trust while not trying to feed on them!

npattis
March 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I wonder if Michael actually saves Ronin and Mckay, that would make an interesting storyline.

Ronin wouldn't know what to do while McKay would be blabbering uncontrollable.

RyantheGreat
March 19th, 2006, 03:54 PM
The team is already equally divided between Taur'ri and offworlders. Throw in Michael and suddenly you've got three (no offense meant) aliens... (four if you recall that McKay is Canadian! :hammond: )

But frankly speaking, Michael would just be too much of a security risk. Teal'c proved himself time and again, but he also didn't feed on humans... Even if Michael turned on his own, and was administired the retrovirus, can you imagine being offworld with him?

Every time they get captured, or can't dial home, or are pinned down for any length of time, it's like... "do I keep my eye on the enemy, or on Michael? He hasn't had his retrovirus in hours!"

OmegaProject
March 19th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I wasn't saying he is part of the team, He would be like Jacob Carter(selmak) as a secondary character. Huge story arcs could be used. Like beckett finds a serum that suffices a Wraith so he doesn't have to feed on humans. He would be dependant of this serum, like Teal'c with Tutonuim (dont know how to spell)

_WraithQueen_
March 21st, 2006, 01:30 PM
My god people its RONON with two O's!

Anyhoo i think it would be cool if micheal joined atlantis but it probably wouldnt work as he would constantly be under suspicion from everyone and ronon probably would kill him someday

_WraithQueen_
March 21st, 2006, 01:33 PM
and teyla wouldn't like him considering how he almost fedd on her and all

Damar
March 22nd, 2006, 03:31 AM
I think that because of the danger Micheal would give if he joined the Atlantis team, would improve the quality of the series.

A bit like Garak from DS9, someone who you don't turn your back on, but still need his help. Or like Gul Dukat, sometimes a friend, sometimes a foe.

prion
March 22nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
The team is already equally divided between Taur'ri and offworlders. Throw in Michael and suddenly you've got three (no offense meant) aliens... (four if you recall that McKay is Canadian! :hammond: )

But frankly speaking, Michael would just be too much of a security risk. Teal'c proved himself time and again, but he also didn't feed on humans... Even if Michael turned on his own, and was administired the retrovirus, can you imagine being offworld with him?

Every time they get captured, or can't dial home, or are pinned down for any length of time, it's like... "do I keep my eye on the enemy, or on Michael? He hasn't had his retrovirus in hours!"

I honestly would never trust Michael. He tried to feed on Teyla, has brought the wraith to Atlantis. Face it, even if he was somehow put on the team, Ronon would kill him first chance he got.

Plus, putting an enemy on the team and 'reforming' him reminds me too much of the crap that the soap operas and their ilk pull of taking the rapist and reforming him into a good guy and then totally forgetting his horrid past...

prion
March 22nd, 2006, 03:48 AM
Her name is Ellia

It would be great if they brought her back. There's some great backstory to cover there too: Why did that group of Wraith crash on that planet? Why did they have a child passenger? What is the role of females and children in Wraith society?

Sorta hard to bring her back after Ronon shot her dead with his blaster.... ;)

Lucas
March 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM

I like the idea, maybe him and Lt. Ford form an allience some how :)

FallenAngelII
March 22nd, 2006, 04:43 AM
Sheppard looked sad and Ronan said "You had to do it". Obviously, Ellia died.

_WraithQueen_
March 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Plus, putting an enemy on the team and 'reforming' him reminds me too much of the crap that the soap operas and their ilk pull of taking the rapist and reforming him into a good guy and then totally forgetting his horrid past...

But people do change. And micheal did sort of storm out when the queen fed on the other wraith/human so he has changed.