This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Yu really senile?

Well in New Order he said that Anubis was growing stronger every second, or something like that. Did he say this because he was senile, or does he know that no-one will listen toi the truth? I was wondering what people thought because I'm not sure.
    "It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

If u have watch edpast seasons u ll have seen that he was really senile ...

It was already confirmed but we have another prove in lockdown ... Yu couldn't knew he was trap in that sub-space part ... then he wasn't rising in power he was almost dead lol ...
    - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
    - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
    - The Nox

Comment

He really seems to be losing it. Or, maybe he really did somehow know Anubis was still "alive." If you'd even call it that... Yu knew Anubis had ascended, so maybe he knew that such an attack wouldn't permantely stop Anubis.

Comment

Originally posted by po134
        If u have watch edpast seasons u ll have seen that he was really senile ...

It was already confirmed but we have another prove in lockdown ... Yu couldn't knew he was trap in that sub-space part ... then he wasn't rising in power he was almost dead lol ...
        i've seen every episode and own them on DVD, all of them, except S8, but I have a feeling that he may not be as senile as we're meant to think.

I see your point though, you may be right.
        "It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

Comment

Spoilers. Subject line. Bad idea.

I think Yu just has the goa'uld version alzheimer's. Poor old guy.

Comment

Yeah Yu is just poor impotent old snakey ///_; yes weep for him.

Comment

It's quite possible too that maybe he's lost touch with what most others perceive as "reality" but he might have some sort of perception extending beyond what everyone else thinks of him, including Oshu.

The whole slipup with him mentioning Anubis in the season opener seemed to be more senility than some prescient knowledge that Anubis was still alive, but you never know. I'm thinking Yu and Anubis have quite a past... sandbox buddies maybe!
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                It's quite possible too that maybe he's lost touch with what most others perceive as "reality" but he might have some sort of perception extending beyond what everyone else thinks of him, including Oshu.
                Ah! Good point! Perhaps this was the means that Anubis finally found a way to ascend!

Comment

R U ?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I agree with the idea that he might not actually be "senile" as we think. However, I do think he's losing it. I think he's a tired, old man, who unfortunately, is intelligent enough to see and expect the new threats, but I don't think he can express himself anymore. Kinda like a Professor from an episode of Doctor Who. He said that being old made it that his memory was like a sieve - it didn't like being prodded about. That's sounds like Yu! He's comfortable in his own litle timeline!
                    Urgo: *Wff!*
                    Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
                    Daniel: I didn't say that.
                    Nick: Yes!
                    Jack: Okay!
                    Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
                    Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

Forgive me as I am not so good with the who said what in this episode and I missed huge chunks of Season 7 due to "The Cable Company Whos Name Shall Not Be Spoken" but wasn't it mentioned that he could no longer use a sarcophagus or take a new host? Apparently even symbiotes wear out.
                      Nurturing my Inner Geek...

Hooni

Comment

Yeah, they did say that, and pretty much the symbiote is suffering from old age.
                        Urgo: *Wff!*
                        Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
                        Daniel: I didn't say that.
                        Nick: Yes!
                        Jack: Okay!
                        Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
                        Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

There must be a limit to the life of a Goa'uld, even with multiple hosts and a sarcophogaus. The symbiote must be aging in some way -- as would the human host. In "Need" it was clearly established that without a symbiote, the sarcophogaus could extend a human's life by about 700 years or so -- but even then the human would eventually die, beyond the abilities of the sarcophogaus to heal. The same must be true for Goa'uld symbiotes, since they are also carbon-based, oxygen breathing life similar rules about cellular decay would most likely apply (unlike the Wraith in Atlantis).

Comment

I say he is going senile.. I mean, look at his first prime... what self-respecting Goa'uld would have a 3 foot tall first prime? He is nuts...

Comment

The problem with Yu, is that he's kept the same host for thousands of years (since before the stargate was buried on earth). As it was stated before the human body by itself can only be sustained by a sarcophogaus for around 700 years. The episode with Set stated that a symbiote could only survive for a couple hundred years (200-300?) in a single host, but then would have to change to a new one. So a combination of the symbiote/sarchophogaus can allow a goa'uld to live a couple thousand years in a single host, however the human body still suffers entropy and cannot be maintained indefinitely. Yu merely made the mistake of keeping the same host all that time and unfortunately the degredation of the human host has become to affect him as well. This apparently makes him incapable to take a new one, so he will probably die with his current host unless a procedure is developed to remove him and re-transplant without killing him.
                              Last edited by Malakriss; 07 August 2004, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X