This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roswell - "Everyone has a secret..."

Greetings and salutations, welcome to the official Roswell thread. I know there's a thread for the DVD's, but I thought we could also use a seperate thread for discussion of the TV series as a whole. Anywho, I'd like to start off by sharring a few websites and sharring my favorite episode.

Crashdown.com
    Roswell on DVD
    Imagination Island - Roswell Forum
    Roswell Screen Grab Galleries

My favorite episode would have to be "Who Died and Made You King?" It has just about everything that makes Roswell such a good show. From Max/Liz romance to Jesse dealing with Isabel's alien status. I also loved finding out that Agent Burns from "Busted!" turned out to be a part of the FBI Special Unit before it was disbanded! Also, I was sure Jesse was gonna turn in Isabel when he phoned Agent Burns, and then the gun shot later on... with all the fans complaining about Jesse and this being one of the final episodes, I thought they were gonna kill of Jesse! I was as shocked as Isabel to see Jesse with a pistol and a dead Agent Burns on the floor. Who knew Jesse would keep a pistol, I mean, he's a lawyer for goodness sakes! The fight scene between Max and Michael, while it wasn't something you'd see on Stargate SG-1 or a good sci-fi movie, it deffinately had a level of realism. You could tell they were getting hurt and not doing the Hollywood ack, I got hurt, now I'll get up as if nothing happened rutine. I also found it interresting how Michael became King after Max's temporary death, but did the trigger happen when Max's soul was obsorbed into Clayton, or when Max and Liz fell out the window? Oh, and I loved Michael telling Maria off about how he stayed for her and she thanked him with a breakup. The look on her face was priceless! I think the best scene overall is at the end when Isabel and Jesse dispose of Agent Burns and return to their home where Jesse, while not happy about it, realises he's apart of the conspiracy for good. In the kitchen, I was convinced he was getting ready to leave Isabel, I was getting so mad at him, but when he said, "No... no, there's no where to go. I'm a part of this for good now." I jumped up and yelled, "Go, Jesse!" lol

The part about the show that really 'pissed' me off was when they killed of Collin Hanks, although his character became less than useful in the second season, he was my favorite character
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yeah, didn't Colin Hanks request to be killed off to act in Orange County? I'm not sure if that's just a rumor or what but it was around the same time.

I liked this show... for awhile. Towards the end it seemed like the cast wasn't really into it as a cohesive unit and they kind of plodded on -- off the air, interviews with them gave me the same feeling

At least they ended it without some gaping wide cliffhanger.
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Littlemigueljr, Colin Hanks' character, Alex, was killed off due to the actor needing to spend more time on the movie Orange County than Roswell. It was a creative decission based around the young actor starting a film career. My guess is they figured he would have preferred to continue doing films rather than the series. Still, they could always bring him back via wacky time travel just like all the other sci-fi shows. lol
        Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 25 July 2004, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Yah, i figured that he wanted to, but what was up with his constant absenses in S2? He was gone for like more than half the season?! But i'm happy he did his movies, because they were good

Comment

His constant absenses in season 2 were due to filming Orange County. See why they killed Alex off?

Comment

Oh really Oh well, i think with the movies he has been in, he has made more money than half the cast still on Roswell, but hey, i am glad on how the show ended, well kind of, haha...

Comment

Who was that evil alien baddie who was always chasin' them in the form of different humans? Krenim? Klozan? Kozars? Now I sound like O'Neill... I forget

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

I forgot his name, but the caretaker for Tess, thats all i remember really, and that he died.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                    Who was that evil alien baddie who was always chasin' them in the form of different humans? Krenim? Klozan? Kozars? Now I sound like O'Neill... I forget
                    That would have to be Nasedo, but he turned out to be their protector, and then he turned out to be a bad guy on Tess's side, ready to hand over Max, Michael, and Isabel to Kivvar, but one of the skins killed him - we've no idea, my guess is the skins didn't know that Nasedo and Tess were on their side.

Comment

Didn't Tess kill a lot of the skins at the school?

Comment

Yeah, I still don't understand how Tess, Nasedo, and the Skins were all working together. They sort'a wrote Tess as being a villian into the last few episodes of season two, it wasn't something they planned. My guess is that the skins didn't know that Nasedo made a deal with Kivvar to hand over Max, Michael, and Isabel through Tess. As for Tess, maybe she killed the Skins for killing Nasedo?

Comment

I think the writers just redid the whole thing, and made some confusion on things, i don't know, but i guess Tess just really wanted to go home in the end i guess? I don't know Maybe Tess and N. were with the other kind of skins i guess, but that can't be right either, gosh

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                            That would have to be Nasedo, but he turned out to be their protector, and then he turned out to be a bad guy on Tess's side, ready to hand over Max, Michael, and Isabel to Kivvar, but one of the skins killed him - we've no idea, my guess is the skins didn't know that Nasedo and Tess were on their side.
                            Okay, I must have been thinking of Kivvar. Thanks!

Gee... that just sounds messed. Okay, whatever... glad I didn't watch the end. My memory is foggy but I remember skins had a button you could press to kill them or something, and they needed a lot of moisturizing cream.

Uh... okay

Comment

That's becuase the "skins" were living inside of these living biosuits, the button exposes them, thus killing them. The "cream" helps keep the biosuits alive. As for Kivvar, he's in two season three episodes, "To Have and To Hold" and "Interruptus".

Comment

Working...
                              X