PDA

View Full Version : Wraith and Ascension......

Vegeta
March 14th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I don't know if this has ever been discussed but, if the wraith ever found out that there is other planes of existence could the wraith ascend?

Major_Griff
March 14th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Theoreticaly they could, I mean if Anubis did what would stop a Wraith? The only thing that might stop them is their hive mentality. Who knows but this might be an interesting alley to explore, maybe with Michael.

cafine_us
March 14th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Anubis could ascend because he deceived Oma into thinking he was a good guy. Oma's not around anymore, so the Wraith would have to ascend with their own power. I don't really think they're advanced enough yet to ascend, but they probably could eventually.

Chutzpah
March 14th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Why would they want to? Unlike humans they don't seek eternal enlightenment (or whatever the Ancient catch phrase is). they just want to seek and humans and feast their little hearts out.

cpl.maxpower
March 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I think in the future we will see th wraith pull away from thier hive mentality and see some more fights between them.

GhostPoet
March 15th, 2006, 11:26 AM
The Wraith..while they do plan and think...are still relying too much on instinct rather than growth of character. I think it's possible for a Wraith to ascend. But the only one who would even have a chance in the current life-time would be Michael. Though he is currently filled with too much anger, bitterness and disgust to even consider that path.

FallenAngelII
March 15th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Theoreticaly they could, I mean if Anubis did what would stop a Wraith? The only thing that might stop them is their hive mentality. Who knows but this might be an interesting alley to explore, maybe with Michael.

1) Anubis got help from Oma because he tricked her into hiding his Goa'uldness
2) The others could just ban together and descend them and wipe their memory.

gatelover12
March 15th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I'd like to see a planet of enlightened wraith trying to ascend myself.

jazz!
March 15th, 2006, 12:23 PM
The Wraith..while they do plan and think...are still relying too much on instinct rather than growth of character. I think it's possible for a Wraith to ascend. But the only one who would even have a chance in the current life-time would be Michael. Though he is currently filled with too much anger, bitterness and disgust to even consider that path.

The Ori are baddies and they are ascended
...they want to kill those that do not follow them
...the Wraith are nearly equally as bad...

gatelover12
March 15th, 2006, 12:29 PM
The Ori are baddies and they are ascended
...they want to kill those that do not follow them
...the Wraith are nearly equally as bad...
You don't think you might be slightly bias? It's perfectly possible that a race that lives longer and takes care of it's own kind (no homeless or poor wraith) is more evolved then us. Perhaps even to the point of deserving to live more. Just my opinion.

jazz!
March 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM
You don't think you might be slightly bias? It's perfectly possible that a race that lives longer and takes care of it's own kind (no homeless or poor wraith) is more evolved then us. Perhaps even to the point of deserving to live more. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure if I've correctly understood you...:o

I was just saying (to the poster i replied to), that the Ori are bad and they can ascend, implying that you do not have to be free of anger/hatred/bitterness to 'walk the path' :D

I'm sure the Wraith are quite highly evolved (thanks to the Ancients(s) )

gatelover12
March 15th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure if I've correctly understood you...:o

I was just saying (to the poster i replied to), that the Ori are bad and they can ascend, implying that you do not have to be free of anger/hatred/bitterness to 'walk the path' :D

I'm sure the Wraith are quite highly evolved (thanks to the Ancients(s) )
I was saying why do you think we are even able to judge them as good or bad?

jazz!
March 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I was saying why do you think we are even able to judge them as good or bad?

k,

the poster I replied to said michael would be one of the few able to ascend but he was too full of:

anger, bitterness and disgust

( which I'm assuming to be *bad* )

If we assume ( according to the Ancients ) that the Ori are bad...then we also assume that you can (against Oma's teachings) 'carry darkness on the great path'

I think its safe to assume that anger, bitterness and disgust are dark human emotions

So..therefore...the wraith (michael) can ascend even tho they carry darkness within them

gatelover12
March 15th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, That makes sense :D.