X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasion of the Ori galaxy!

This is what I would like to see in Stargate:

The Tau'ri discover Merlin's ancient weapon. They find out that it does, in fact, hurt or even kill Ascended beings. The problem is that to use it requires activating another device using Merlin's weapon (consider it an activation device). Merlin, being the smart guy he is, knew about the Ori and had planted a device in each Galaxy the Ascended have been to (a Ascended destroying weapon in Pegasus, in the Milky Way, and a final one in the Ori Galaxy).

The Ori find out about the devices and learn the location of this "doomsday weapon (Doomsay for Ascended!)" and they go full-force against Earth to take Merlin's weapon activator... at this point in the show, the Milky Way forces have gotten weapons that can compete with the Ori ships... so casualties are heavy on both sides.

In the end, the Ori steal the device and try to use it. The Tau'ri are able to stop the activation (thus saving the Ascended in our Galaxy) and retake Merlin's weapon. Season 10 comes to a close, the Milky Way takes the offensive, creating a massive taskforce that breaches the Supergate and enters the Ori galaxy with the objective of finding the device on the other end and activating it with Merlin's weapon.

I'm sure some fans won't like it but I think this would be awesome, leading into season 11 and dealing with us (Sg-1, etc.) searching the Ori galaxy for this device, fighting the Crusaders and other things as they do.

One easy way to also make it so that the Ori can't simply "use" their powers in their own galaxy against the Tau'ri and other ships is that Merlin's weapon creates a "bubble" of sorts that protects all the ships within it from the powers of Ascended Beings (sort of like a jammer).

Anyway just an idea... Stopping the Ori invasion, and then actually invading THEIR galaxy with our own force!

With what forces should be invade with? We have absolutly nothing to fight them with! We have 2 BC-304s, 1 broken Ancient Warship & hudreds of Jaffa & Lucian Ha'tak ships that are mainly used as cannon fodder! And the Asgard won't help at all! They are against attack & they only sent one measaly ship to help DEFEND our galaxy, never mind attack & most of the time it was just flying around drawing the ori ship's fire!

Even if we had forces to attack with, the Ori could just think "Destroy" and all our ships would explode like "that!" They have absolute power in their Galaxy, the only reason we're not dead by their thoughts is because the Ascended Alterans are protecting us (on an ascended level)!

Anyway, Merlins weapon will probably turn out to be a massive DEUX EX MACHINA like an ascended Dakara Weapon, very repetitive...

Comment

I would have to agree with some of what was said, I mean invasion is something big. You need fleets and troops and that doesnt look possible from earths angle. I mean we barely have control of more then one world in the Milky Way galaxy as it is.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

S10 will be about thew Ori gaining the upper hand in the MW galaxy, largely due to Vala's daughter.

The search for the weapon will take up the entire season, it won't be before the end of the season, but they'll either get a hold of the weapon or find out that for some reason they can't use it, just then, the season will end with an Ori coming in person to this galaxy.

S11, won't be just the Priors or followers, it'll also be the Ori themselves. Either we'll find out that they got enough followers during their time here & that has given them enough power to challenge the ancients on an equal footing. Either that or they somehow have found a way to stop the ancients from doing anything to them. That season will see almost everybody joining 'Origin', only a few scattered places will remain. Then that season will finish with 'Origin' being worshipped on Earth itself.

S12 is where I think they'll finish the arc, it'll turn out that the Ancients have left it too late & the Ori have now become too strong, they start wiping out the Ancients on their own doorstep. Everybody thought that it would be the ascended that would come to the MW's rescue, yet it'll turn out that it's the mortals that end up trying to save the ascended ancients. They'll battle it out in the ascended plains, whereas we'll see SG-1 finally get a hold of Merlins weapon, they are left with no choice but to deploy it here. They end up wiping out the Ori, but the Ancients have also taken a lot of casualties & are almost gone themselves.

That's how I'd do it!

Comment

then what, the end of the show or another enemy?

I don't like us beating the Ori in 4 seasons when it took us 5 to beat the Replicators and 8 to beat the Goa'uld when the Ori are ascended beings. it would have to be more like 12 seasons to do it credit.
          http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
            This is what I would like to see in Stargate:

The Tau'ri discover Merlin's ancient weapon. They find out that it does, in fact, hurt or even kill Ascended beings. The problem is that to use it requires activating another device using Merlin's weapon (consider it an activation device). Merlin, being the smart guy he is, knew about the Ori and had planted a device in each Galaxy the Ascended have been to (a Ascended destroying weapon in Pegasus, in the Milky Way, and a final one in the Ori Galaxy).

The Ori find out about the devices and learn the location of this "doomsday weapon (Doomsay for Ascended!)" and they go full-force against Earth to take Merlin's weapon activator... at this point in the show, the Milky Way forces have gotten weapons that can compete with the Ori ships... so casualties are heavy on both sides.

In the end, the Ori steal the device and try to use it. The Tau'ri are able to stop the activation (thus saving the Ascended in our Galaxy) and retake Merlin's weapon. Season 10 comes to a close, the Milky Way takes the offensive, creating a massive taskforce that breaches the Supergate and enters the Ori galaxy with the objective of finding the device on the other end and activating it with Merlin's weapon.

I'm sure some fans won't like it but I think this would be awesome, leading into season 11 and dealing with us (Sg-1, etc.) searching the Ori galaxy for this device, fighting the Crusaders and other things as they do.

One easy way to also make it so that the Ori can't simply "use" their powers in their own galaxy against the Tau'ri and other ships is that Merlin's weapon creates a "bubble" of sorts that protects all the ships within it from the powers of Ascended Beings (sort of like a jammer).

Anyway just an idea... Stopping the Ori invasion, and then actually invading THEIR galaxy with our own force!
            It's already been stated that it just neutralizes the Ascended beings, not kill them. The "weapon" works like one ascended being fighting another. They can't kill each other, but they can go into an eternal battle. Oma -vs- Anubis for example. I think all that weapon will do is keep the Ori preoccupied.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by deadman

I don't like us beating the Ori in 4 seasons when it took us 5 to beat the Replicators and 8 to beat the Goa'uld when the Ori are ascended beings. it would have to be more like 12 seasons to do it credit.
              After ascended beings, there really isn't much left to go on. This is the path they have chosen to go down though!

The only thing I'd love to see them end the show on is a war against the Asgard, apart from that, then the Ori would be it for me!

As for how long it takes, it simply doesn't matter how long it took to defeat the Goa'uld or Reps, when they started out, they didn't have anything. Now over the past 10 years, they have some of the most advanced tech in the MW galaxy, that's alos not including their Pegasus stuff either, which is far superior to anything else, possibly with the exception of the Ori. Since they have advanced so far, then it only makes sense that with all this new tech & also more importantly, increased knowledge regarding the Alterrans & Lantians, that they can take out enemies much easier & quicker than they used to. Think of this, Anubis took over the MW galaxy a few years ago, yet in a matter of a couple of minutes, Drones took all that away. If they had knowledge & access to all that when they started, then they'd have wiped them out in a season, if not less!

If they don't get Merlins weapon, then they can't directly affect or counter the Ori, only their followers, which in the long run is more hassle than it's worth. Especially since they can go to other galaxies & keep starting all over again. Thus, it's a neverending story, whereas if you take out the bosses, then you take away the Doci & Priors, without them & their powers, the Ori ships etc are useless, all that's left will be a bunch of primitives that are scared because their Gods aren't arround to back them up any more.

Comment

Originally posted by deadman

True, but you have to admit that all these enemies show up only 2 or 3 episodes per season, especially with the Replicators. Sure, it took 5-6 seasons to defeat the Replicators, but consider how many episodes they showed up in per season vs. the number of times the Ori/Priors/Crusaders have shown up in season 9.

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                It's already been stated that it just neutralizes the Ascended beings, not kill them. The "weapon" works like one ascended being fighting another. They can't kill each other, but they can go into an eternal battle. Oma -vs- Anubis for example. I think all that weapon will do is keep the Ori preoccupied.
                True, but when haven't we seen something where everyone thinks it does one thing, but it in fact does another. Sure, they read in the Ancient Text that it was a weapon to nutrilize Ascended Beings, but before Daniel got to read any further, the device ran out of pimp juice and fizzled, so they were not able to read further.

Pushing the idea that it is in fact part of a device that has been seeded in the 3 Galaxies the Ascended have been in (Milky Way, Pegasus, Ori Galaxy), and that using them together causes an "energy burst" that is so powerful it cuts through into the "spectrum" that the Ascended live in (which is another thing they read up on).

Comment

Working...
                X