Favorite CGI character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite CGI character?

Lots of movies out there, lots of TV shows, etc... what is your favorite CGI (Computer Generated Character)? For me, I'd have to say while he didn't make much of a 'physical appearance' the Eye of Sauron from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was awesome. One of my favorite scenes in any movie is when the Eye turns to gaze upon Frodo and Sam as a battle is about to begin at the Gates of Mordor.

Fantabulous stuff.

Jar Jar Binks............

Just Kidding....

Scooby Doo..... seriously they did an awesome job with SGI Scooby and Scraby. Also Lion from Lion, Witch and wardrobe was pretty cool.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hexadecimal.

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/%7Eifex534/hex.GIF
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 September 2009, 10:08 AM. Reason: tags changed to url.Too big on file & hotlinked.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

^ AH yeah, Hexadecimal from Reboot. I used to watch that years ago! Would love to get a hold of the series from somewhere. I never did get to see the final season .

My favourite character is Captain Scarlet, from the new CGI series.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Smeagol/Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Gollum from lotr!
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Nim from Surface. He'd make a great pet.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania
                Smeagol/Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
                And the armies of huge armies at Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith. Read an article about it in Popular Science.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Yoda, from RotS.
                  "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

Species 8472 of Star Trek: Voyager. Thry were the first completely computer-generated characters, and they were cool villains, to boot.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WraithKing
                      Yoda, from RotS.
                      Indeed! Yoda was freaking awesome in that movie. It was really nice to get to see Yoda the warrior.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought they did Hulk extremely well.

Also Gollum was great.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithKing
                          Yoda, from RotS.
                          Lol how could I forget Yoda!!
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                            Species 8472 of Star Trek: Voyager. Thry were the first completely computer-generated characters, and they were cool villains, to boot.
                            Erm...no they weren't.

1986 -- Luxo, Jr
                            1989 -- The Abyss
                            1991 -- T-1000 (liquid form in the process of solidifying)
                            1993 -- Jurassic Park dinosaurs
                            1994 -- ReBoot
                            1995 -- Casper (film)
                            1995 -- Toy Story
                            1997 -- Scorpion, Part I
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                              Erm...no they weren't.

1986 -- Luxo, Jr
                              1989 -- The Abyss
                              1991 -- T-1000 (liquid form in the process of solidifying)
                              1993 -- Jurassic Park dinosaurs
                              1994 -- ReBoot
                              1995 -- Casper (film)
                              1995 -- Toy Story
                              1997 -- Scorpion, Part I
                              The Jurassic Park dinosaurs weren't completely computer generated. There was a lot of use of animatronics as I recall.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X