This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any CGI masters out there?

I had an epiphany today... I know *I* can't do it, though I would definetely enjoy playing a part in its making, but I was noticing the large # of episodes from season 3-4 of the 1st Doctor Who and a lot of the 2nd that are "reconstructions" meaning that since the film was pretty much ruined, all they have to make it is still frames and the audio. Text streams at the bottom "explaining" what's been going on.

Anyway, I know that as much as a fan I am, I can't take reconstructions. I just can't take literally DAYS worth of episodes that are all still frames.

So I had an epiphany. What if a crew of Doctor Who fans (like those who MAKE these reconstructions) get together, or at least corespond over the 'net, and re-create these episodes!

But here's the catch... the actors are either dead, old, forgotten, etc. so obviously a live television re-creation is out of the question. But has anyone thought of...

CGI?

I think that a really good team who can use today's computers to create CGI like they have on the TV (which given the CGI I've seen fans do for Star Wars or Star Trek) can definetely achieve this.

Think of it:

1) The audio is all intact. That means that you have the ENTIRE show's worth of dialogue intact, so you can fully realize the episodes.

2) Fans and transcripts are already out there, which take the episodes and explain everything that happens in the episodes... when these CGI Doctor Who's are created, they would be just like real episodes (If the scripts/dialogue are followed)!

Anyway, discuss... anyone else like this idea?

I've mentioned this before, and think this is a great Idea, they can even use the existing photos in it
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Abrilliant Idea with only one slight problem?
      IF this were to happen it would cost ££££s
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        Abrilliant Idea with only one slight problem?
        IF this were to happen it would cost ££££s
        Actually, I don't think it would cost that much because this would be a fan-created project. Also, since it isn't live action, no need to buy background sets, actors, etc.

You need computers, sure, but we all have those - and we have all the audio (the most important thing) to use with the CGI that's created.

Comment

Well it is interesting however it is a shame I dont have enough free time and the software to help.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I know, I don't have the experties to do some of that, but I've often thought that since they have still from the scenes they could use CGI to fill in the other pictures.

For ane second of film one needs about 24 frames.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
              Actually, I don't think it would cost that much because this would be a fan-created project. Also, since it isn't live action, no need to buy background sets, actors, etc.

You need computers, sure, but we all have those - and we have all the audio (the most important thing) to use with the CGI that's created.
              I have a suggestion for you...download Daz Studio for free.

Also, they are selling the base models of Michael, Victoria, and Aiko for free as well as some other freely downloadable stuff.

Now, you can practice with modeling, rendering, and animation with this program and if you get serious, you purchase plug-ins to enhance the functionality of the program. You can also buy ready-made sets, props, clothes, hair, etc. Or you can purchase a real 3D modeling program and build your own 3D objects.

I've been using it for the last few days and I've been really impressed with it.
              IMO, the interface is much easier to navigate than Poser, so I'm able to work much faster.

Click here.
              Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 24 March 2006, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X