PDA

View Full Version : Just give the Wraith what they want! (Ori galaxy)

j619pinoy
March 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Let's say we knew the gate coordinates to the Ori galaxy....

If we had that, I think we should make some kinda deal with the Wraith saying we're willing to give up our coordinates to our galaxy for technology/truce/or something (i'm sure they'll double cross us somehow)....but then give them the coordinates that lead them straight to the Ori!!!

The Wraith get their new feeding ground....the Ori followers get to focus their energy on dealing with 'non-believers'....SG1 and Atlantis can focus on the Asuran. Everyone wins! (HOPEFULLY)

I think this would put a seriously twist on things but then I doubt the writers would entertain this idea. Too easy an ending....

What do you all think about this idea?

Zales
March 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Think of this, a mexican stand off. The ori, the wraith they are all coming to earth. If one attacks the other they will leave us little fish alone, and we can go back and forth between two great enimeies. I see many great seasons.

deadman
March 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
We know that they won't do it, but a small Wraith presence would be a good thing, imagine if the culled the President!!

MarshAngel
March 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Well the obvious problem you've already addressed; we don't know where the Ori galaxy is only that it is likely very far away. But if we did....

1.) That would be immoral. One dead human in the Pegasus at the hands of the wraith is the same in the Milky Way is the same in the Ori galaxy. If they found their way on their own we might not feel obligated to stop them but to send them there is simply wrong. The same ill could be acheived by abandoning Pegasus now.

2.) Why would the wraith trade food in hand, or at least near at hand, for the promise of food far far away? They don't like or respect us enough to make that trade.

3.) This would be a bad plotline that would wreck both shows.

Peoples_General
March 13th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Considering that the Wraith have problems reaching the Milky Way, the Ori galaxy is even further away.

Now, considering how the Ascended Ori are guarding their galaxy the way Chaya guards her planet.... the Wraith forces (IF they miraculously) reach the Ori galaxy will be annihilated immediately after they exited Hyperspace.

Or... the Ori can allow their followers and Priors to have some fun target shooting practice with the Wraith Hiveships and Cruisers.

jenks
March 13th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Why haven't the Ori sent priors to Pegasus?

rarocks24
March 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Probably cuz they don't care about Pegasus. My Personal opinion, going on about how they want to destroy the Ancients, is that they are after the same device as SG-1. And THAT is located in the Milky Way.

jenks
March 13th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Probably cuz they don't care about Pegasus. My Personal opinion, going on about how they want to destroy the Ancients, is that they are after the same device as SG-1. And THAT is located in the Milky Way.

How do you know that?

Daniel & Vala travel to pegasus is search of it...

x_sid
March 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
First the Wraith would last a grand total of ten seconds inside the Ori galaxy, because since there aren't any Ancients to stop them the Ori could use their super funky powers.

Second the Ori didn't know how to get the Milky way until Daniel and Vala accidently helped show them we were here. So it's doubtful that they even know where Pegusus is.

-PITBULL-
March 13th, 2006, 11:54 PM
It would be funny to see a PRIOR WRAITH coming to earth to make us worship the ORI . LOL that would make a great twist in the show , no less we have the wraith and the ori but a PRIOR WRAITH .. that would be great .

Blitz
March 14th, 2006, 04:06 AM
I never knew there were so few people with actual morals or minds to think of how they would feel in someone elses place...

j619pinoy - how would u feel if you were a nice simple peasent doing what you were taught to do when born - love the ori...and for no reason that you can fathom, get space vamped for it....how would you feel? (Apart form old and dead that is)

j619pinoy
March 14th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I never knew there were so few people with actual morals or minds to think of how they would feel in someone elses place...

j619pinoy - how would u feel if you were a nice simple peasent doing what you were taught to do when born - love the ori...and for no reason that you can fathom, get space vamped for it....how would you feel? (Apart form old and dead that is)

What? Bite me blitz! 'Reality check'...it's just a show, there's no such thing as the Ori or peasants getting ready to invade the MW.

Let's take a look at your logic...

basically you're saying that although we are essentially fighting two fronts, Wraith in the Pegasus and Ori in the MW (oh and by the way the ORI have practically killed millions in the MW already) out of the goodness of our heart we should not give up the gate address to the ORI?
HAHA you make me laugh.

If the Ori and Wraith invade the MW, they would wipe us out before they start wiping out each other. At least with my logic they are both still trying to wipe each other out minus us of course.

It's basically us or them...besides, didn't we lose a lot of people in 'Allies' from, and I'll quote you on this..."simple peasants".

Most importantly, we're not trying to eat people like the Wraith...and we're not trying to wipe out an entire galaxy full of people because of our beliefs like the Ori.

jued0001
March 14th, 2006, 07:48 AM
How is killing someone during war any different or less moral than sending the Wraith to kill them for us? Consider them a biological weapon.

MarshAngel
March 14th, 2006, 10:01 AM
How is killing someone during war any different or less moral than sending the Wraith to kill them for us? Consider them a biological weapon.

If you want to kill someone, kill them. Don't involve another species in a conflict they have nothing to do with. And since when are biological weapons acceptable? The only reason the virus they've already used could be borderline acceptable is because, this is a war of nature rather than territory and even then it's questionable.

If it's OK, to send them to eat other humans then maybe we should retreat to Earth, insulate ourselves with big weapons and shields and leave everyone else to fend for themselves. Most of Pegasus aren't our friends, some of them want to hurt us but we wouldn't willfully send the wraith their way either. For the same reason the situation in Condemned was unethical, this would be too. It's completely self serving. You get rid of your problem by dumping it on someone else.

This would be like the US dumping toxic waste in Iraq because we don't have anywhere better to put it and it hurts us and of course we're at war so it's ok.

Imagine while the Goa'uld were in power that the people of Pegasus had found a way to rid themselves of the Wraith and give themselves time to recover by sending the Wraith to the Milky Way? After all, evil Goa'uld rule there and their human slaves do their bidding.

jued0001
March 14th, 2006, 10:28 AM
So what are you feelings on giving out the address of the black hole gate to the (insert alien race name I can't recall)?

Wraith Scientist
March 14th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Aschen (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/races/links/aschen.shtml)

:daniel: I just hope we don't regret giving them those Gate addresses.
:jack: I don't think we will, the first one being a black hole and all. They get progressively darker from there.

j619pinoy
March 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM
So what are you feelings on giving out the address of the black hole gate to the (insert alien race name I can't recall)?

That's actually a good idea as well! Forgot about that one! Giving the Wraith the gate address to the Ori galaxy is practically killing two birds with one stone.

I'd have to disagree with you MarshAngel. Giving the Wraith the gate address is no more immoral than it was for SG1 repeatedly killing Jaffa soldiers, who eventually changed their views once it was proven to them that the Gods were false. SG1 had to kill a lot of Jaffa or risk being killed themselves.

How is getting an enemy, that is willing to sacrifice their life to kill us (ORI), to face off with an enemy that needs to eat us (WRAITH) immoral? True it is self-serving but we are saving the lives of people in both the MW and Pegasus galaxies.

Essentially, if two races are hell bend in killing us...and there's no way to change their minds...then it would NOT be morally wrong to have them fight each other if they choose to on their own free will.

Peoples_General
March 14th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Wraith -vs- Ori is not "killing two birds with one stone". It'll only kill off one of them, and the ones who will die are the Wraith.

Blitz
March 14th, 2006, 01:07 PM
What? Bite me blitz! 'Reality check'...it's just a show, there's no such thing as the Ori or peasants getting ready to invade the MW.

Let's take a look at your logic...

basically you're saying that although we are essentially fighting two fronts, Wraith in the Pegasus and Ori in the MW (oh and by the way the ORI have practically killed millions in the MW already) out of the goodness of our heart we should not give up the gate address to the ORI?
HAHA you make me laugh.

If the Ori and Wraith invade the MW, they would wipe us out before they start wiping out each other. At least with my logic they are both still trying to wipe each other out minus us of course.

It's basically us or them...besides, didn't we lose a lot of people in 'Allies' from, and I'll quote you on this..."simple peasants".

Most importantly, we're not trying to eat people like the Wraith...and we're not trying to wipe out an entire galaxy full of people because of our beliefs like the Ori.

OMG! YOUR RITE...I never knew it was a show...I'm sooooo sad and pathetic...*cries* what ever will I do...!
Puleaze. And as for biting you..If your a nice hot gay guy...sure :jack:

Are we any worse than the Ori if we give the Wraith the Ori address? We'd be killing millions (Wraith AND Ori people) so we can survive....kinda selfish when theirs probably another way around it...and we'd end up dieing anyway(if the big fiery squids won).

BTW...I dont remember simple peasents from Allies...I remember Wraith ships fracking us over..anyway...please tho...answer my question:

how would u feel if you were a nice simple peasent doing what you were taught to do when born - love the ori...and for no reason that you can fathom, get space vamped for it....how would you feel?

jazz!
March 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Let's say we knew the gate coordinates to the Ori galaxy....

If we had that, I think we should make some kinda deal with the Wraith saying we're willing to give up our coordinates to our galaxy for technology/truce/or something (i'm sure they'll double cross us somehow)....but then give them the coordinates that lead them straight to the Ori!!!

The Wraith get their new feeding ground....the Ori followers get to focus their energy on dealing with 'non-believers'....SG1 and Atlantis can focus on the Asuran. Everyone wins! (HOPEFULLY)

I think this would put a seriously twist on things but then I doubt the writers would entertain this idea. Too easy an ending....

What do you all think about this idea?

IF Wraith ships ever make it to the Ori home galaxy...

:wraithqueen17:Hive Queen: We have come to claim this place as our new feeding ground!
:prior: Prior: Hallowed are the Ori!
:wraith: You will be the first!
:wraithanime11: *begins to wraith*
:wraith: I cannot! *is frightend*
:prior: What you are looking for cannot be found here.

*brings out a magic bag..... 'life force in a can'*

:prior: The Ori offer you this - they ask only that you join our plight...
:wraithqueen17: :wraith: :wraithanime11: Hallowed are the Ori!

And now we have the Ori with soldiers and strategists who are leathal at all levels of combat and the Wriath with an infinte food source (ie: the Ori share with the wriath: since this terrible 2some maybe be able to get more 'life fore' in the near future ie: the milky :S )

1.) That would be immoral. One dead human in the Pegasus at the hands of the wraith is the same in the Milky Way is the same in the Ori galaxy. If they found their way on their own we might not feel obligated to stop them but to send them there is simply wrong. The same ill could be acheived by abandoning Pegasus now.

I am all for morality...but it seems that most ppl feel that being on the higher moral ground ain't gonna get you anywhere when theirs life-suckers on one side and the Wraith on the other :p

I think the main aim of sending the wraith to the OriGalaxy was to 'cull' their stock of medieval prostraters...thus reducing their base..

First the Wraith would last a grand total of ten seconds inside the Ori galaxy, because since there aren't any Ancients to stop them the Ori could use their super funky powers.

Second the Ori didn't know how to get the Milky way until Daniel and Vala accidently helped show them we were here. So it's doubtful that they even know where Pegusus is.

Is it actually true that a different region in (our ) space will result in a similar displacement between ascended beings?

If this was true then: the Ori could have used their ascended powers to:-
- a whole load of crazy tricks on Danny and Vala while they were in the Ori home galaxy?
- magically create the Ori ships; instead of constructing them
- make the ori sattellites and then supergate them to the MW
- make a bunch of inconcivble killing machines in their galaxy and then supergate them to the MW?

They could do anything they wanted and then just ship it to us...
....:S :S :S *confused logic*

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 14th, 2006, 04:48 PM
The Ori can do things in the normal plane that are very powerful and dangeorus but not to the level of magically creating things out of thin air. They seem to manipulate and use energy while physical things need to be constructed by followers.

Also in terms of the Wraith going to the Ori galaxy...if the Ori need a supergate to reach the MW galaxy then how would the Wraith possibly reach it? They have no idea which galaxy it is located at and lack of an advanced hyperdrive to reach it.

MarshAngel
March 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'd have to disagree with you MarshAngel. Giving the Wraith the gate address is no more immoral than it was for SG1 repeatedly killing Jaffa soldiers, who eventually changed their views once it was proven to them that the Gods were false. SG1 had to kill a lot of Jaffa or risk being killed themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against killing people who are trying to kill you, which is the way I see killing Jaffa aiming staff weapons at you. I'm just against sending your enemy off for someone else to deal with. Also this is keeping in mind that the obvious doesn't happen; the obvious being that the Ori wipe them out and they don't get to cull any humans.... which I have to admit wouldn't bother me significantly.

But let's say the Ori, don't immediately kill the wraith, they'll be killing humans whose only fault is believing in gods in whom they have great reason to believe... we're just dumping our problems on someone else we also happen to be having a disagreement with.

Let's think of the wraith as a bomb for a moment. It's about to go off in our own yard. But your neighbor's vile kids from next door have been bugging you. Granted they have nothing to do with the bomb, don't even know the bomb is there, but to get rid of the bomb you throw it in their yard. If this were a legal matter you'd still get arrested, even if your neighbor really is an evil SOB.

I am all for morality...but it seems that most ppl feel that being on the higher moral ground ain't gonna get you anywhere when theirs life-suckers on one side and the Wraith on the other

I think the main aim of sending the wraith to the OriGalaxy was to 'cull' their stock of medieval prostraters...thus reducing their base..

There is a practical side to some moral issues. Out of sight isn't out of mind. Let's say we send the Wraith to the Ori galaxy, the Ori see potential in this enemy, send them to the Milky Way to serve their purpose and cull us.

Lesson being: If you don't deal with your problem yourself you can never be quite sure it has been dealt with at all.

Arturis
March 14th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Best case scenario: sending the Wraith to the Ori galaxy would at least keep them occupied for a while (and possibly give us an opportunity to find Merlin's weapon) and possibly reduce their power if the Wraith are able to cull enough Ori worshipping peasents. Death to Ori worshippers = decrease in Ori power (no matter how immoral, morallity is irrelevent on this scale anyway)
= maybe the Ancients could deal with them on their own.

Worst case scenario: the Ori completely annihalate the Wraith as soon as they set foot in their galaxy.

Getting them to to Ori galaxy would be a problem however. That would require a supergate and a micro-sigularity. We could steal the Ori's gate in our galaxy (assuming we could somehow deactivate it) and then tow it (assuming our Asgard friends are willing to help) to Pegasus and then establish another power source (also Asgard) and somehow convince (or trick) the Wraith into going through. Maybe we just tell them Earth is on the other side, then they be falling all over themselves to go through.

I dunno...

j619pinoy
March 14th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against killing people who are trying to kill you, which is the way I see killing Jaffa aiming staff weapons at you. I'm just against sending your enemy off for someone else to deal with. Also this is keeping in mind that the obvious doesn't happen; the obvious being that the Ori wipe them out and they don't get to cull any humans.... which I have to admit wouldn't bother me significantly.

But let's say the Ori, don't immediately kill the wraith, they'll be killing humans whose only fault is believing in gods in whom they have great reason to believe... we're just dumping our problems on someone else we also happen to be having a disagreement with.

Let's think of the wraith as a bomb for a moment. It's about to go off in our own yard. But your neighbor's vile kids from next door have been bugging you. Granted they have nothing to do with the bomb, don't even know the bomb is there, but to get rid of the bomb you throw it in their yard. If this were a legal matter you'd still get arrested, even if your neighbor really is an evil SOB.

There is a practical side to some moral issues. Out of sight isn't out of mind. Let's say we send the Wraith to the Ori galaxy, the Ori see potential in this enemy, send them to the Milky Way to serve their purpose and cull us.

Lesson being: If you don't deal with your problem yourself you can never be quite sure it has been dealt with at all.

Good point!