This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace Frehley May Appear on SG Atlantis

I haven't seen it on KISS' official website but a reputable fan site stated that
    Ace Frehley "may appear in more than one episode" of Stargate Atlantis next season. I think they got the info from another publication, too. Being a HUGE lifelong KISS fan and a fan of all things Stargate, that is just too cool. Maybe in season three, the U.S. will start a proprietary program that permits gate travel (a la Lance Bass and Russia) for a few million dollars. LOL.... Actually, I doubt that he would be appearing as himself anyway. Too cheesy.

Was he the one that did a guest review of Atlantis recently?

*shrug* If this is true and not just a misunderstanding, I can't say I'd be very thrilled. Nothing against Ace, per se, I'm just tired of stuntcasting.

Comment

Maybe he'll be a wraith that looks like his Space Ace Kiss character.

Comment

He will be the developer of the anti wraith sound weapon AXE them into submission

Comment

that would be...interesting...i think is the best way to describe that possibility...

Comment

It all really boils down to if he can act or not. I, along with pretty much anyone who's not a KISS fan, don't even know what he looks like without makeup. I doubt I'd notice it unless it was pointed out to me that it was him.

Comment

Who is Ace Frehley, and why all the references to kissing?
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by kisstian
                I haven't seen it on KISS' official website but a reputable fan site stated that
                Ace Frehley "may appear in more than one episode" of Stargate Atlantis next season. I think they got the info from another publication, too. Being a HUGE lifelong KISS fan and a fan of all things Stargate, that is just too cool. Maybe in season three, the U.S. will start a proprietary program that permits gate travel (a la Lance Bass and Russia) for a few million dollars. LOL.... Actually, I doubt that he would be appearing as himself anyway. Too cheesy.
                Uh, no. Entertainment Weekly had Ace review SGA (this was posted in the NEWS section a while back), and apparently from THAT remark, another music website made the wild speculation that he would appear in an episode. It's just a baseless rumor...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Uh, no. Entertainment Weekly had Ace review SGA (this was posted in the NEWS section a while back), and apparently from THAT remark, another music website made the wild speculation that he would appear in an episode. It's just a baseless rumor...
                  Ok I have to ask, why would they ask him to review an episode of SGA?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    It was definitely rumor status at this point and if it turns out to be a false one, then it was a neat thought for me while it lasted. The website that reported it was kissasylum.com. The rumor did come from an interview though I can't specify which one. I presume EW but I'm not sure. I'll check it out and get my facts straight.

Comment

I have yet to see the full review that Ace wrote, but the fan sites are saying things like "Ace apparently insinuated that ..." This reporting without a source is irresponsible -- I don't care if you are "just a fan site." You're giving the rest of us a bad name.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                        Ok I have to ask, why would they ask him to review an episode of SGA?
                        Because they just choose celebrities at random to review whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                          I have yet to see the full review that Ace wrote, but the fan sites are saying things like "Ace apparently insinuated that ..." This reporting without a source is irresponsible -- I don't care if you are "just a fan site." You're giving the rest of us a bad name.
                          It was posted in the NEWS section on March 3rd....

The March 10th issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY has a celebrity review of SGA:

Random Celebrity Critic: Ace Frehley of KISS reviews SGA

I've always been a fan of science fiction, and I think SciFi Channel's SGA is
                          not that dissimilar from STAR TREK, with all the flying around in ships and
                          aliens. It's also really cute htat one of the doctors, Beckett, has a Scottish
                          accent, like Scotty. He's a lot more advanced than Scotty, though: a little
                          more hi-tech, but then out knowledge of technology has increased dramatically since STAR TREK was made. I love the premise that there was a higher form of intelligence on our planet, and the effects are excellent. The writing on this show is also really good, and al lthe characters are very believable. Sheppard is great. I get the feeling he's a lot smarter than he acts.

Not sure what all the bother is about as only one fan site mentioned it, gave the URL (read the posts below) so I hardly see that giving the 'rest' of fan sites a bad name...

I think a mountain is being made of a molehill in dissecting the review
                          Last edited by prion; 15 March 2006, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            As I used the phrase in quotes "may appear in more than one episode", I never insinuated that this was truth. There are multitudinous rumors posted on this site every day and I expected mine to be treated with no more credibility than any other at this stage, especially considering the lack of confirmation at this time. I, however, being a fan just like you, do expect to be given my say without having to endure an unwarranted personal attack. The website that I got the info from, though, is operated by people whom I have met at KISS conventions and KISS shows from New York to Florida and in between and they are very responsible and credible people. I went back and read the story and it seems as though Ace actually said that he may appear. It doesn't appear that he said that in the EW article though so I will give you that. If it doesn't happen, then was I still wrong to report a rumor as a rumor???

Comment

Okay....I dug a little deeper and the claim about the appearance seems to have originated on Sliceofscifi.com. I've never heard of it before but I went to the site and there was a post on March 7 and I can't remember ver batim but the end of the post said that the claim may be substantiated because it came from Ace. Again.......JUST RUMOR!!! But I tossed it out there because I am a faithful sci fi friday watcher and a lifelong KISS fan. I think it's pretty realistic to think I'm not the only member of the forum who is a fan of both as well. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X