Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, that is kinda bad, I mean of course we will, but they need to get working as well
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Wow thanks TameFarrer !!!!
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

More positive press articles today.

A lengthy and positive editorial in Cinescape.
        http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?a...ge&obj_id=50831
        Friday night, the Sci Fi Channel premieres the first two episodes. Christopher Eccleston (28 Days Later, The Others) stars as the Doctor. Billie Piper stars as Rose Tyler, the real star of the show and that’s saying something given Eccleston’s revelatory performance. There are thirteen episodes of the first season and fourteen more of season two on the way if these win viewer support. I will be honest and tell you that the show didn’t win me over until the third episode. I enjoyed the first two well enough, but the third won me over. The eighth through the tenth are some of the best television I’ve ever seen. So, give the show a look if you haven’t already. If you’ve got kids, watch it with them… and prepare to run for your life!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
        A glowing review in the San Antonio Press.
        WARNING: The last paragraph reveals some series spoilers.
        http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/...e.16cf5b07.html

Jeanne Jakle: Modern 'Doctor Who' delivers dose of terrific TV
        This 21st century version of "Doctor Who" is terrific, a sci-fi show that everyone, fan or not of the genre, can enjoy. It's fast-moving, meaty and funny, with three-dimensional characters who tug at your heart and tear ducts. It premieres with two back-to-back episodes from 8 to 10 p.m. Friday on the Sci Fi Channel.
        Another plus: The special effects have been amped up 1,000 percent. But as mentioned before, it's the characters, coupled with the clever and beautiful writing by executive producer Russell T. Davies, that makes it an unqualified winner.

So grab the kids — "Who" is as family-friendly as "Harry Potter" — and take a two-hour TV trip Friday that should keep you anxiously returning for more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A second article in "Eclipse Magazine - No Hype Entertainment News".
        http://eclipsemagazine.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1620

Warning!!: Major S1 series and premiere spoilers are discussed openly.
        by Sheldon A. Wiebe

The series is darker than the “Stargate” shows [with whom it shares the distinction of being one of the only two truly open-ended premises in SFTV] but not nearly so dark as “Battlestar Galactica.”
        The new “Doctor Who” keeps everything that was great about the show’s original run, while bringing it into the twenty-first century: technologically, attitudinally, and in terms of taking it for granted that the audience is actually intelligent enough to not require its being led by the hand. The creative team’s writing is terrific; the cast is superb; the direction is top notch, and the result is thirteen hours of high entertainment. Frankly, I cannot recommend “Doctor Who” highly enough. Acquiring it is the smartest move Sci Fi has made since greenlighting “Battlestar Galactica.”
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arizona Republic
        'Doctor Who' makes cosmic return to TV
        http://www.azcentral.com/ent/tv/arti...orwho0314.html

You may think you know the original "Doctor Who" from its many years on public TV - an eccentric curly-haired alien in a floppy hat and overlong scarf, an undertone of campiness, and production values on a par with the original "Star Trek."

Well, you can forget all that. The new "Doctor Who" brings the series into the new millennium, which means top-notch special effects and mature writing chock-full of delights that adults and kids can both enjoy.

The strength of "Doctor Who" has always been its limitless formula. Unlike most programs, "Doctor Who" stories can be set anywhere in the past, present or future, on any planet. Plots can range from action-adventures to humorous romps to dead-serious character pieces - but the best offerings (especially in the new series) mix moments of all three.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Village Voice
        Back to the Future, With Better FX: A New Doctor Is In Doctor Who
        http://villagevoice.com/screens/0611,tv2,72500,28.html

by Joy Press
        March 13th, 2006 4:52 PM
        The Doctor is played with gusto by Christopher Eccleston, the ninth actor to take on the role, while Rose (former U.K. pop star Billie Piper) exudes the perfect post-postfeminist mix of tomboy pluck and girlie cuteness.
        Last edited by lastro; 13 March 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Yay more Praise for Doctor Who !!!

Comment

SciFi has an exclusive "Behind the Scenes" video on the SciFi main page featuring Executive Producers Russel T. Davies, Julie Gardner and Producer Phil Collinson.

Lots of shots from Series 1.

It reaffirms the new series selling points
            * its fast and made for a modern audience w/ enhanced cgi F/X
            * the show engages children and general drama viewers not only long time fans

I recommend using IE instead of Firefox
            http://www.scifi.com/

Here is a full screen view of the the video.
            http://www.scifi.com/home/video/index_v.swf

Comment

Originally posted by lastro
              SciFi has an exclusive "Behind the Scenes" video on the SciFi main page featuring Executive Producers Russel T. Davies, Julie Gardner and Producer Phil Collinson.

Lots of shots from Series 1.

Here is a full screen view of the the video.
              http://www.scifi.com/home/video/index_v.swf
              That was great, I love RTD he is so enthusiastic. Although it has lots of spoilers it is still good and a great little way to introduce the new series, I think I am going off to re-watch it. Fantastic.

Comment

Has this been posted before???

David Tennant interview from February.

Interview from David Tennant.com

Comment

I knew that would get your attention. David Tennant is appearing in The Chatterley Affair on BBC4, as the defence's star witness Richard Hoggart. Have at gander at a pic of him here http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/cinema/...-affair3.shtml

Comment

Well, aside from the fact that a missing letter keeps making me try and read it as Obesity Trial... His hair looks very silly in that pic. Can't say the movie sounds like anything I'd watch, but it's always reassuring to know that actors aren't limited to a single role.

Comment

Internet duffer here with a question that I couldn't find the answer to on the BBC website:

When does the next series start?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        When does the next series start?
                        Officially: not yet announced.
                        Unofficially (and very very very likely, as all the evidence points towards it): April 15.

Comment

Apparantly the reconstruction is 100% accurate in even the smallest way - except for one: Tennant was on a day-release from the DW set so the producers vetoed his shaving his sideburns to match the historical person's, as they wouldn't have regrown in time to resume filming Who.

Comment

His hair may look silly but it is set in 1960, I have a copy of Lady C in it's original orange and cream jacket, printed in 1961 with an introduction by Richard Hoggart which incidently is DT's character

Comment

Believe it or not, I was actually smart enough to pick up the fact that it was an era piece, but that doesn't change my opinion that his hair is silly.

Comment

Well according to DWO its 15th April so im witrh it being the 15th April
                                Anyway
                                More Casting News
                                More Casting NewsTwo Top Names Join the Team.

Highly acclaimed actors Marc Warren and Shirley Henderson have joined the cast of episode 10 of the new series of Doctor Who, working alongside the previously-announced Peter Kay.

Marc Warren is currently back on our screens every Friday night on BBC One as conman Danny Blue in the hit series Hustle. Marc's long and varied career includes TV series Clocking Off, Band of Brothers and State of Play (for which he won a Royal Television Society award for Best Actor).

Also appearing in this superb episode is Shirley Henderson, a renowned Scottish actress who's appeared in TV shows as diverse as Hamish Macbeth and the recent adaptation of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew.

Shirley's also appeared in some of the biggest movie hits of recent years, including the Bridget Jones films (as Bridget's emotional friend Jude) and as the toilet-bound ghost Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter series.

Previously announced guest stars for the forthcoming second series of Doctor Who include Pauline Collins, Maureen Lipman, Anthony Head, Sophia Myles, Roger Lloyd-Pack, Andrew Hayden-Smith, Will Thorp and Tracy-Ann Oberman.

Comment

Working...
                                X