X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig Ranapia
    *yawn*
    Alright maybe not fair to you but I don't quite get what you are trying to say.

Bad that they talked about RTD sexuality?

Good if they don't mention it at all?

Shouldn't matter?

What has Brokeback Mountain got to do with anything anyway? As I said I don't get where you are coming from with this response.

Comment

Also keep in mind, if rumors are true about the April 15th start date for the UK, then Series Two won't conclude there until July 8th. Talk about being hot off the presses.
      Well, even if they showed S1, TCI and S2 back to back they'd still be nine weeks behind the BBC. CBC showed DW S1 ten days behind the Beeb, and TCI only a day after it had been on in the UK so it's certainly doable if Sci-Fi just ask...

Comment

From the synopsis of The Hand of Fear at Outpost Gallifrey:
        The Doctor and Sarah return to the TARDIS where without warning the Doctor receives a summons to return to Gallifrey. He tells Sarah that she must leave him as humans are not permitted on his home world. Sarah is let off the TARDIS supposedly in her home town of Croydon, but does not recognise the street - the Doctor has done it again!
        It has ALWAYS bothered me that the Doctor gave Sarah Jane the boot and then went ahead and took Leela to Gallifrey.

Sarah Jane will always be my favorite companion.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
          It has ALWAYS bothered me that the Doctor gave Sarah Jane the boot and then went ahead and took Leela to Gallifrey.

Sarah Jane will always be my favorite companion.
          Ah, I adore her to bits and pieces - I think Dr. Who is like falling in love, no matter how much time passes, you always have a tender spot for your first Doctor and companions, even if they were kind of crappy. (And Elizabeth Sladen with both John Pertwee and Tom Baker is very far from the bottom of the barrel.) But you could say NO to Sarah Jane with the outside chance that she might listen to you. Leela would kick your ass if you breathed the wrong way around her - she certainly invited herself into the Tardis in the first place.

IMO, both Sarah Jane and Leela had rather lame exits but at least TPTB didn't go with the story that saw Sarah Jane killed off. The reverse happened with Louise Jameson - who has announced her intention to leave at the end of the season months before -, who thought Leela's (sudden) romance with Andred was so contrived and out of character she'd rather have been killed, heroically defiant to the end. TPTB had actually triend to work her death into The Invasion of Time and the previous two stories, but felt that it would have been too distressing to younger members of the audience and way too downbeat an end to the series.

Comment

That may have worked better for her charcter, It did seem surprising that she just stayed
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yet next year we would be caught up

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                What has Brokeback Mountain got to do with anything anyway? As I said I don't get where you are coming from with this response.
                Its the 'Gay Cowboy movie'. And the NY times is still in aftershock after Brokeback mountain was released.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

IMO, both Sarah Jane and Leela had rather lame exits but at least TPTB didn't go with the story that saw Sarah Jane killed off. The reverse happened with Louise Jameson - who has announced her intention to leave at the end of the season months before -, who thought Leela's (sudden) romance with Andred was so contrived and out of character she'd rather have been killed, heroically defiant to the end. TPTB had actually triend to work her death into The Invasion of Time and the previous two stories, but felt that it would have been too distressing to younger members of the audience and way too downbeat an end to the series.
                  AHHH it all comes clear now.

Comment

Well like ive said earlier. Its all bound to happen eventually however the ratings are the key.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                      That may have worked better for her charcter, It did seem surprising that she just stayed
                      I agree you with - it's hard to imagine Leela lasting a week on Gallifrey without *****-slapping some patronisingly "civilised" Time Lords all the way to the end of his cycle of regenerations. To be fair to TPTB, I think they were really wanted Jameson to stay but with production looming on The Invasion of Time, they had to bite the bullet and shoe horn her departure into an already tight script. It should have been done a lot better, but in art, as in life, I guess you make the best out of what you've got to work with - and Leela's death, while most definitely in character, was ruled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                        Well, even if they showed S1, TCI and S2 back to back they'd still be nine weeks behind the BBC. CBC showed DW S1 ten days behind the Beeb, and TCI only a day after it had been on in the UK so it's certainly doable if Sci-Fi just ask...
                        Oh it's technically feasible, I'm just not putting too much trust in SciFi. Not after they passed on the series last year and called it "lacking".

I'm tempted to believe the only reason they went for it this year is because the series did so amazingly well last year in the UK. (Or the time travel pilot they were working on tanked.) Or some other trivial reason that suggests they don't really believe in the show but figure what the hell.

That leads me to think that unless the show does BSG level highs in the first 6 weeks, SciFi will drag their feet on deciding whether to even pick up Series Two. We could be in limbo through the rest of the year.

CBC, on the other hand, believe wholeheartedly in Doctor Who. They did long before it was even ready to air. Supposeduly the network heads at CBC are fans of the old show so they are very familiar with its potential. SciFi, on the other hand...

It all makes fans of the show think twice about whether to do as last year and follow Series Two the hard way. I'd say SciFi has about 6 weeks grace on that score and then there may be a lot of itchy fingers.

Comment

Well we may have a problem as the viewing figures in the uk did go down a bit mid season (excluding Dalek)and it wasnt until the Empty Child that they picked up again over here although things might be different stateside.

Comment

Dalek bread?!

It's the future

Originally posted by Tanith
                            You should watch his stand up shows, they're hillarious. Also, he's not a soap actor really, he was only in Coronation Street for a short time (i'm not sure how long since I never watch it).

Anyway, i'm a huge fan of Peter Kay so this ep should be awesome.
                            I Just skimed through the episodes that he appeared in that were included with Driven to Distraction, he made a brief appearence (arround a minute) as a shop fitter in the mid 90's and had two episode cameo (or a Single one hour episode) as eric the drayman in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenaS
                              Oh it's technically feasible, I'm just not putting too much trust in SciFi. Not after they passed on the series last year and called it "lacking".

I'm tempted to believe the only reason they went for it this year is because the series did so amazingly well last year in the UK. (Or the time travel pilot they were working on tanked.) Or some other trivial reason that suggests they don't really believe in the show but figure what the hell.

That leads me to think that unless the show does BSG level highs in the first 6 weeks, SciFi will drag their feet on deciding whether to even pick up Series Two. We could be in limbo through the rest of the year.

CBC, on the other hand, believe wholeheartedly in Doctor Who. They did long before it was even ready to air. Supposeduly the network heads at CBC are fans of the old show so they are very familiar with its potential. SciFi, on the other hand...

It all makes fans of the show think twice about whether to do as last year and follow Series Two the hard way. I'd say SciFi has about 6 weeks grace on that score and then there may be a lot of itchy fingers.
                              then why didn't CBS pick it up

Comment

At least it gave hope to see here again

Comment

Working...
                                X