This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly how big IS atlantis?(The city)

I live in Canada, so I get the show 3 days later then you in America on the Movie networkm, so Im just seeing episode 2 tomorrow. And im new here, and I hope I enjoy it here at gatworld Forums

Exactly how big is atlantis, they showed the far views of the city, and what it looked like from the control room balcony, but it still didnt give me a sense of how big it was. Is it the size of ... New york city.. Toronto? .. Im just curious.

Of course, we can only speculate, but it's still interesting.

I'm not entirley sure how big it is, sorry about that!
    __

__

Comment

From the looks of it, the city doesn't look very big at all. Maybe about the same size as one of the larger federation star bases in Star Trek.

Comment

I dunno, it looks pretty big!
        __

__

Comment

My estimate:

Each tall spike is the size of skycraper, and each wing is about a city block. You can see, most buildings are concentrated in the center with others sparsely spread through out different wings.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I noticed the differnet wings, and in the center they are probably the size of skyscrapers.

And furry, i said that to my friend, it looks the size of about a starbase on startrek.

Comment

Those starbases were pretty big! Starbase 1 held multiple ships inside it, so it had to be huge. If you think that each tall tower in the center is the size of a skyscaper, then there has to be at least 2x2 or 3x3 cit blocks. It's a little tricky to guage size with nothing in comparison.

Comment

he city still seems pretty large!
                __

__

Comment

Yeah i know.. Well, they are lucky for stumbling on such an... equiped place for there home base.. ships.. shields (dont work right now but still) huge ass city.. its perfect Also for taking in refugee's

Comment

Originally posted by furry
                    From the looks of it, the city doesn't look very big at all. Maybe about the same size as one of the larger federation star bases in Star Trek.
                    This is sad...and I can't believe I'm actually asking this! *sighs* How big is a Federation starbase in Star Trek? From the looks of Atlantis, it appears to be pretty big!

Ace
                    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      This is sad...and I can't believe I'm actually asking this! *sighs* How big is a Federation starbase in Star Trek? From the looks of Atlantis, it appears to be pretty big!

Ace
                      That's the problem, Starbases vary in size !
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

It's a big cty.

Comment

The city is certainly large and has very tall buildings!
                          __

__

Comment

this is a ship city ... under wather there is other part of the "ship-city" that we don't see ... there is probably big depot ... guns ... food ... something down there
                            - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                            - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                            - The Nox

Comment

Starbase 1 is HUGE.

Enterprise can hold over a thousand crew member. My estimate is that 30 or more Enterprises can fit inside Starbase 1 comfortably with room to spare.

Comment

Working...
                              X