This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my Theories on Merlin, Arthur, and all the fun stuff surrounding them

I believe Merlin was created by the Ori(or other Ascended).

(MAJOR Spoilers for Season 9 and Possibly some for Season 10)
    Keep in mind this is all theoretical

Its a reasonably long read.

Spoiler:
    It was only assumed that merlin decended, but after doing some reading on Arthur and Merlin(hey I was bored) Ive realized something
    Tell me if you see any resemblence from the following;
    Merlin is begotten on a king's daughter by a demon
    Vala anyone?
    Merlin was born in the same way Vala's child is going to be, I found another similar passage to that one aswell
    "Merlin is begotten by a devil from hell on a virgin as an intended Antichrist. But his expectant mother, advised
    by her confessor and counsellor Blaise who realised what was amiss, had the boy baptized at birth to foil this Satanic plot.
    However, being half-demon, Merlin still had tremendous magical powers to know what was happening past and present and
    God himself gave him prophetic knowledge of the future."
    my assumption from this is similar to the way Vala's child will be essentially half ascended, im assuming Merlin is the same, only the ancients managed to alter the mind of the child.

This explains alot, as when Daniel mentions arthur being mortally wounded, perhaps Merlin ascended him using the knoledge he has of ascension and his direct link to the other Ascended
    Which leads me to another theory, Arthur is searching for the holy grail and will return when the stone is plucked from the rock once again. Well as stated in the show the Blood stone = The Holy Grail = Merlins weapon. So Arthur was searching for Merlins weapon.
    I believe if was because he was Banished by the ancients for saving Camelot(Arthur saved Camelot according to the village elder) he saved Camelot after ascending and was forced by the ancients to hunt down Merlins weapon, (also to punish Merlin for ascending Arthur)
    and hence, the search for the holy grail, and possibly forshadowing Arthurs return?

Again these are all my theories and they have no fact or basis behind them other then a minor bit of Arthurian Legend.
    Please dont hesitate to mention any flaws, I will be happy to hear about them.

The only major flaw I found, was how was Merlin created when the ori supposedly didnt know about our galaxy.
    Last edited by A Lost Cause; 13 March 2006, 11:02 AM.

That would be a really good connection if we didn't already know that Melin was and ancient thousands of years ago. he also lived on Atlantis for a time, but other than that I like the connection and the thing about Vala's child ...well we'll see

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

I thought it was already determined that he was an ancient.
      WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Perhaps it was an ancient who created Merlin then and not the ori?
        I would only assume they are capable of it, and this would also solve my plot issue, seeing as it wouldn't require the Ori's involvement
        hey they gotta have children somehow

Comment

Originally posted by A Lost Cause
          The only major flaw I found, was how was Merlin created when the ori supposedly didnt know about our galaxy.
          How about Merlin is from Atlantis? That would seem to be a flaw too. They apparently didn't know about Pegasus either.

bsed on what we know from the show, I think Merlin is a time traveler. His legendary ability to see events in the past, present and future sort of scream "time travel", and we know that the people in Atlantis could build time machines.

Spoilers from season 10 seem to indicate that
          Spoiler:
          when the ancients from Atlantis got to Earth, all they found were primative humans. Some integrated themselves with the humans - which is how some humans got the ancient gene - and some went on to do "other things".

I think when Merlin got to the Milky Way, he decided to jump forward into the future and see how humanity turns out; the problem is that when he got to the future, he found the Milky Way (and probably Pegasus) had been taken over by the Ori.
          In order to save the future, Merlin went back to the past to change things so humanity could defend themselves from the Ori.
          In the past, he learned how to ascend, where he learned all about the Ori, and how to defeat them. Then he descends back to mortal status, and begins his quest to create a weapon to destroy the Ori.

Since we know from Camelot that
          Spoiler:
          Arthur was on a quest to locate the Sangrael, which is the anti-Ori weapon, it seems that Merlin was stopped from his attack on the Ori and the weapon was lost. Merlin left a trail of bread crumbs to follow though,
          which is what season 10 is going to be all about.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Interesting perspective. I was thinking more along the lines of Merlin disagreeing with the general Ancient philosophy of non-interference. As Orlin said in 4th Horseman, the Ancients are not sure that actions taken against the Ori would lead to further enlightenment.

Merlin may have been more of a rogue scientist who thought that they should take the fight to the Ori and disagreeing with the other Ancients used technolgoies to hide his work (time travel and dimensional phase shifting). Kinda like the scientist who helped Weir in "Before I Sleep".

Comment

Merlin... and then what next ? Cinderella ?

Comment

In mortal form, Merlin would not have been able to ascend Arthur. And unless he got Oma to do it, no "connections" would cut it.

Comment

Perhaps MErlin was de-ascended for helping Arthur to ascend.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I was thinking last night and I thought of a problem with Merlin. He was on Earth (correct?) and then went to Camelot at some stage. How did he get to Camely? The egyptian gate would of been long burried by then. Did he somehow use the Antartic gate or have a ship somewhere?

Comment

My theory is that Merlin was an Atlantian who after returning to the milky Way ascended. After he ascended he learned of the Ori, their hatred of the Ancients, their forcing humans to worship, draining the life energies of their followers to increase their powers and their goal to one day destroy the Altera. The war with the Wraith changed him. He didn't believe you could just sit back and allow evil to grow stronger and that sometimes a peaceful solution just wasn't an option. He realized that even if the Ori didn't know that human life flourished in the milky Way, eventually they would come looking for the Ancients and then both they and the humans of our galaxy would suffer. In order to get around the rules of the collective he retook corporeal form. From Weir's visit in Before I Sleep he knew that on our world a race of explorers skilled in gate travel would one day emerge. He knew of our battles against the goauld and our aiding other races and decided earth was as good a planet as any. he built his anti-Ori and hid leaving clues in our history that would one day lead us to the Avalon cave. He planted numerous tablets like the one Vala found on earth and other plants written in a Ancient dialect that few except for Daniel would be able to translate. (Daniel and his history with ascension and the Ancients may have come up in Weir's explanation of how the atlantis team rediscovered the city.)
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                        My theory is that Merlin was an Atlantian who after returning to the milky Way ascended. After he ascended he learned of the Ori, their hatred of the Ancients, their forcing humans to worship, draining the life energies of their followers to increase their powers and their goal to one day destroy the Altera. The war with the Wraith changed him. He didn't believe you could just sit back and allow evil to grow stronger and that sometimes a peaceful solution just wasn't an option. He realized that even if the Ori didn't know that human life flourished in the milky Way, eventually they would come looking for the Ancients and then both they and the humans of our galaxy would suffer. In order to get around the rules of the collective he retook corporeal form. From Weir's visit in Before I Sleep he knew that on our world a race of explorers skilled in gate travel would one day emerge. He knew of our battles against the goauld and our aiding other races and decided earth was as good a planet as any. he built his anti-Ori and hid leaving clues in our history that would one day lead us to the Avalon cave. He planted numerous tablets like the one Vala found on earth and other plants written in a Ancient dialect that few except for Daniel would be able to translate. (Daniel and his history with ascension and the Ancients may have come up in Weir's explanation of how the atlantis team rediscovered the city.)

Now this scenario, I really like. No kidding, I so hope this is how it turns out being. It would mean very elaborate planning by Merlin, something I'd love to see in this show. How we follow his clues to find the Holy Grail.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Interesting theory.
                          WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                            Perhaps MErlin was de-ascended for helping Arthur to ascend.
                            According to the log, he descended himself.

Comment

Interesting, a good story. I like your scenario.
                              It's poinless to negotiate with people that say "I'm sure we could work somethin", because rest assured that they will not pay. And yeah....

Comment

Working...
                              X