PDA

View Full Version : GateCon 2004 Photo Gallery

Nolamom
July 25th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Great going guys! I really enjoyed seeing all the photos. It *almost* made me feel better about not being able to attend.

ShadowMaat
July 25th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Ha! And I'm nowhere in the initial set. :P Which is probably meant to lull me into a false sense of security. Evil, evil David... :P

Great pics, though. I almost feel as if I were there, too...

morjana
July 25th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Great going guys! I really enjoyed seeing all the photos. It *almost* made me feel better about not being able to attend.

David did another great job. What a talented guy!

I was surprised to see the dog from "Singularity!" That's a sweet story, and it was a pleasure to see his photo again.

EVERYONE looked they were having a great time.

Thanks, David, if you see this post. Good job.

Morjana

David
July 25th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I was really impressed with the clarity of these shots, and particularly how the stage lights worked perfect with the stills. Typically a digital camera isn't calibrated right to compliment the lighting on the stage. I'm pleased it turned out well.

Lots, lots more to come!

Iskandra
July 25th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Great photos! I can't wait for more of them....

...though I was wondering about poor Michael Shanks' eye injury? What did he do?

ShadowMaat
July 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM
He got smacked in the head with a prop or something, wasn't it? Or maybe he made an off-color remark to Amanda and she finally backhanded him. ;) Kidding... hehe. It was definitely prop- or equipment-related.

Iskandra
July 25th, 2004, 11:25 AM
He got smacked in the head with a prop or something, wasn't it? Or maybe he made an off-color remark to Amanda and she finally backhanded him. ;) Kidding... hehe. It was definitely prop- or equipment-related.
Thank you, oh mighty Maat! Do you also happen to know what made Corin grow his hair *that* long?

ShadowMaat
July 25th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Thank you, oh mighty Maat! Do you also happen to know what made Corin grow his hair *that* long?
He grew his hair long and lost a lot of weight for a role in an upcoming movie. He's put some weight back on, but I guess he likes the hair. *sigh* Can't imagine why, but then again, it was longish last con, too. I think he likes the farmboy/hippy look. ;)

I think he looks hotter when it's short. I'm not keen on guys with long hair. Shorter is better. :P

keshou
July 25th, 2004, 11:52 AM
He grew his hair long and lost a lot of weight for a role in an upcoming movie. He's put some weight back on, but I guess he likes the hair. *sigh* Can't imagine why, but then again, it was longish last con, too. I think he likes the farmboy/hippy look. ;)
I didn't like Corin's hair at the in-between stage, but I actually kind of like it long in these pics. It seems to suit him. Don't like the hats on the guys, though, they should all be required to show up sans hats. :p

BTW, I think it was a rope hanging on the set that scratched MS's eyeball. Joe Mallozzi mentioned it in his gateworld.net production notes for "New Order". Although AT backhanding him is a much better story. ;)

Great pics David! Especially like all the behind-the-scenes shots. Thanks for all your hard work as it sounds like they ran you ragged.

Ugly Pig
July 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Love the photo gallery! Wish I could've been there... And I can't wait for more photos! :D

ShadowMaat
July 25th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah, a rope sounds right. And something about MS insisting on finishing a scene or whatever before being carted off to the hospital. What a trooper. ;)

There are very few guys, IMO, who can carry off the long hair look and Corin isn't one of them. Not in my book. I dunno... it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Not just Corin, but guys in general.

You taking notes, my iddle piggy? You want to stay in my good graces, make sure you have short hair because yes, I am that shallow. :P

Ugly Pig
July 25th, 2004, 12:31 PM
You taking notes, my iddle piggy? You want to stay in my good graces, make sure you have short hair because yes, I am that shallow. :P
Dang. I have long(ish) hair. :(

But I'll be getting a haircut!! :)

Anthro Girl
July 25th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Yes, yes! Great photos, gang! Thanks for sharing!

I'm not a fan of Corin Nemec, but I think he looks just fine (as in okay-fine, not oogle-fine) with the longish-hair. Any longer, however, and we're going to have to have words. ;) Maybe because he just looks more relaxed, in general, in these pictures than in others I've seen. Not many men can get away with long hair and not look like smelly hippies. :) Corin does not look like a smelly hippy.

Speaking of long-hair-but-not-looking-like-smelly-hippies, who is the guy on this page (http://www.gateworld.net/articles/conventions/gatecon2004_photos03.shtml) lacking a caption? It's the photo below Frida Betrani's. I've seen several pictures of him and someone mentioned "Viking", but I can't place him.

David
July 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Mark somebody.. Played Human Thor and Zipacna's First Prime. Hopefully we'll add data tonight.

David
July 25th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Mark Gibbon is his name. When Darren returns we'll add it.

Anthro Girl
July 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Mark somebody.. Played Human Thor and Zipacna's First Prime. Hopefully we'll add data tonight.
Human Thor! Okay...now I can place him. Thanks, David!

David
July 25th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Of course, a helmet was over his head each time, but you get the idea ;)

Gilder
August 8th, 2004, 02:04 PM
My photos are up at
http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPWelcome?com=us&awp=memberwelcome.html.

If you have problems reaching the album, please email me off list.

Gilder

Anthro Girl
August 8th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Glider, your link is asking for a username/password.

Gilder
August 8th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Have already replied to AnthroGirl...others, please email me, I'll send an invite from the HPphoto site. Can never remember which sites will allow links...!

Gilder