Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reckoning vs Camelot (obviously spoilers from both)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckoning vs Camelot (obviously spoilers from both)

Was just having an arugement with my friend about which space battle was bigger... it seemed unrealistic that there were so few ships waiting for the replicators to come out of the supergate.

It was like almost every ha'tak was at daka'ara (sp?). And you'd think fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance they'd have a lot more ships there waiting. That the asgard would have more than one ship there waiting.

When teal'c got help from the luscian alliance there were 3 ships! 3 ships!

Unless they learnt from the incident with the satelite. But if they were so desperate for help then why not bring more.

Anyway. What are your opinions? And anyone who's got screencaps from both, post them so that we can compare.

I think it might have been even, but the Camelot battle looked a lot bigger because there were so many different ships, and a lot of them got destroyed.
    Μηνιν αειδε, θεα, Πηληιαδεω Αχιληος...

Comment

Oh for the last time! They were not there to do battle in Camelot. They were there to destroy/deactivate the gate. It's an unlucky coincidence that the gate opened while they were there. And you certainly do not send every ship you have into battle when you don't even know how many ships the enemy will have or what weapons/shields they have.

Comment

I still think the Asgard should have sent more ships. Even if they only sent ships to check out the supergate, there was a possibility that something went wrong and they would need more firepower.
        Μηνιν αειδε, θεα, Πηληιαδεω Αχιληος...

Comment

Reckoning battle was significant larger
          there where several hundert ha'taks ducking it out.
          Camelot where 18 schips in total ....

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
            Reckoning battle was significant larger
            there where several hundert ha'taks ducking it out.
            Camelot where 18 schips in total ....
            Though Camelot we saw it all close up. In Reckoning we saw all the ships, but the actual battle we didn't see as much of.

Comment

Well, in terms of magnitude, the reckoning battle was much bigger, but the camelot battle looked much better than that of the reckoning battle.

I disagree with why the Jaffa, Earth and Asgard came to the gate. They already knew that the Ori were coming (From Crusade) and that they had to search for the gate and get ready for their invasion. I guess the reason there wasn't many ships around (Jaffa ships) was because it takes time to get from one location of the galaxy to the other. So the Jaffa ships that were there were the ones that was near the supergate at the time.

Earth sent everything, I wouldn't have recommended them to send Daedalus anyways because they need to protect atlantis from the wraith and the Asgard, well, i'm not sure if they care anyways.

Question.

Is the Asgard's new homeworld in the MW galaxy.
              Subspace Energy Technology Thread
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

i was alittle disapointed that the asgard only send 1 ship... they should have sent at least 3 at least

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Camalot battle was smaller but looked much better

Comment

Originally posted by tristan
                    I still think the Asgard should have sent more ships. Even if they only sent ships to check out the supergate, there was a possibility that something went wrong and they would need more firepower.
                    That would be the general 'Asgard' way of doing it --> safety in numbers...
                    .....maybe they are becoming more 'human' ( and more stupid ) and would not send out all resources to a place where the situation hasn't been assessing..
                    ...this is the Asgard's first confrontation with the Ori, yeah? play it safe rather than sorry...maybe 1 ships is all they had (unlikely)
                    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

camelot owned all other sg1 space battles

Comment

What made the Camelot battle better than the Reckoning Battle was that in Reckoning there was an actual fight. Whereas in Camelot, it was a massacre. The one-sided conflict made people go... "*gasp* OMG!!! The Ori are t3h PWN4GE!!1!!!"
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          What made the Camelot battle better than the Reckoning Battle was that in Reckoning there was an actual fight. Whereas in Camelot, it was a massacre. The one-sided conflict made people go... "*gasp* OMG!!! The Ori are t3h PWN4GE!!1!!!"
                          I agree: the total shock factor is what owned it all. In "Reckoning", you're sure they'll make it through. In "Camelot", everyone EXCEPT the Ori are getting smashed up. You're not so sure SG-1 (or anybody other than the Ori) are going to entirely make it after this one. (which, of course, is a lie - we know they all survive)
                          "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

Reckoning: Although this battle had 4 different races (Goa'uld lead by Anubis, Replicators lead by RepliCarter, Tau'ri lead by Col. Carter, and Jaffa Resistance Movement lead by Teal'c), the individual battles was lost in this episode... We knew the vessels, their size, and number... but hardly knew what was going on in the ships.

Camelot: This battle also had 4 different groups (Lucian Alliance lead by Netan, Tau'ri lead by Col. Mitchell, Ori lead by Priors (?), and Free Jaffa Ships lead by ???), this battle had a better scope... We saw what happened on the Korselev and Odysessy... We knew what happened to every single Ha'tak... This battle was much better!

Mattathias

Comment

Reckoning was the best SG-1 battle, until Camelot came along. Reckoning had a lot of ship-to-ship combat and great special effects with so many ships on screen at the same time, but it simply can't compete with the shock and drama factor of the way the Ori ships decimated (almost) all alliance ships in their wake.. It truely showed just how formidable the Ori are.

As for the Camelot battle, so few ships?

Jaffa - were those ships there just to destroy the gate, or were they anticipating a battle? They know the Ori were coming at some point, most likely assumption was as soon as possible, so I believe they were anticipating a battle before long. However, Jaffa ships are spread across the galaxy and don't have Asgard hyperrive, so are significantly slower than the Odyseey and Korolev. More ships are very likely to be on their way.

Asgard - I doubt they have many ships left after being ravaged by the Replicators .. and what little time they've had to rebuild since then (12-18 months), isn't enough to build a huge fleet. I'd expect more Asgard ships to be on their way, but not in large numbers.

Lucian Alliance - cowards! I wouldn't expect an 'organisation' like the LA to send in a huge armada.. I think the LA ship with Teal'c onboard fled the battle before being destroyed, as they most likely care more about their own skins than anything else (expect money..)

Comment

Working...
                              X