This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith make you see things... or not?

Sorry if this has been discussed before... But has anyone noticed we never see the Wraith do their little thing where you see amorphus clouds of stuff that make you scared and shoot in that direction? How do they even do that from their darts? Actually I can't think of an instance where it has happened after the pilot.. correct me if I'm wrong there. But now that the Wraith are mutated bugs... how do we explain them having this power?
    ~Draco Astreus

It was used briefly in the siege pt2 when there were wraith in the city... its probably some sort of projection technology similar to what they use in thier battle plan room on hive ships.

Comment

They're psionic

The Keeper in Rising interrogated Sumner using her mind. The Wraith also communicate over a telepathic network. Making humans see things is just another way they can use their mental powers.

Comment

Right ok.. the psionics part I get it. Not sure how they evolved that but alright.. are we sure the Wraith evolved from bugs combining with HUMAN DNA? Mightn't they have used some Ancient DNA? It would help with the mind-power stuff, as well as the esance draining bit.. like the Ancients can heal people with the hands, Wraith sorta do it in reverse. Not to mension Wraith use Ancient as their alphabet.

(^interesting note-- I haven't seen the Wraith use projection screens since Teyla's wraith communicating thing in s1)
        ~Draco Astreus

Comment

Well isn't Alteran DNA (Pre-acended Ancient) the same as Human DNA? Humans are the second evolution, but fundamentally an ancient is human until they get close to ascension... then uber-human then Acended like the Ancients and the ORI... right... Oh by the by anybody think they should make Stargate Donuts....Mmm Chevrons.

Comment

It's not the same. The later stages of Ancient had much higher brain capacities and stuff. Hence the powers.

Comment

(^interesting note-- I haven't seen the Wraith use projection screens since Teyla's wraith communicating thing in s1)
              They've used it a couple of times in S1 and at least once in S2 apart from the season premiere. Trying to remember the episode now...
              First, please use spoiler tags. If I want to know what happens in the show I'll watch it. Second, if you don't like the show, stop watching it. That way you won't feel the need to complain that a sci-fi entertainment show has "plot holes" or "isn't realistic". There is a difference between commenting on an episode you didn't like and constantly complaining about the series as a whole. After all, why torture yourself by watching something you don't like...

Comment

I realy think they havn't played the wraith illusion card enough. It was an awesome aspect that would of made a nice addition to the wraith psyonic arsenal.

Comment

Indeed I think they should show more on the abilities of the Wraith...while its nice to know that numberwise they can beat people but surely they must have had other abilities that helped them in the conflict.

Also I think Steve used his abilities to project some illusions to trick the guards during his capture long ago when we saw him alive....i miss steve :-/

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I also agree that the Wraith projection abilities should be used more...it would give a new depth to the small battles.

Comment

The Wraith projection abilities do not project a Wraith or monster. All it does is project something ethereal and mistlist.

Since the Atlantis Expedition now knows about it, it'd be useless on them. Sure, it's fine to scare villagers who don't know better with, but no one from Atlantis would fall for it.

"Look at the pretty colours!"

Comment

I agree with the last post I think the Wraith mainly use their psionic abilities to scare primative villages during culls to make them panic and scatter allowing them to be scooped up by darts.

Once somone realises the psionic shadows are meant to panic and distract but can't actually hurt u then u can ignore them and they lose their effect
                        "I don't care if I fall as long as someone picks up my gun and keeps on shooting"

Comment

Its highly Likly that the wraiths got their names from these "Things" they make

Don ya boyz thin'k?

Gifts
                          -X-
                          --------------
                          Click Me And Win A Pie!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco_Astreus
                            Right ok.. the psionics part I get it. Not sure how they evolved that but alright.. are we sure the Wraith evolved from bugs combining with HUMAN DNA? Mightn't they have used some Ancient DNA? It would help with the mind-power stuff, as well as the esance draining bit.. like the Ancients can heal people with the hands, Wraith sorta do it in reverse. Not to mension Wraith use Ancient as their alphabet.

The Wraith definately DO NOT have Ancient DNA.They cannot use Ancient technology and the city locks down automatically if the Wraith are detected.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                              the city locks down automatically if the Wraith are detected
                              No it doesn't

It locks down in Hot Zone because of a nano-virus outbreak. It doesn't lock down in The Siege, in Michael or in Allies when Wraith are present.

However, I agree with you that the Wraith probably don't have Ancient DNA. The Iratus bug fed on the humans that the Ancients had seeded in the galaxy and took on human characteristics.

As for why they're psionic I think it's probably just a neat evolutionary advantage. Maybe the Iratus bugs were telepathic so that they could communicate with others, to warn them of predators for example.

Comment

Working...
                              X