This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ongoing Anubis Argument

It seems everyone is wondering why Anubis hasnt bee slaped around by the ancients yet for using his powers.

I would argue that he hasnt actualy used his powers just his knowlege. He hasnt simply will'd anything to happen, hasnt wiped out the system lord collective with a thought, or destroyed worlds with a sweep of his hand. He's used his knowlege to create advanced technology, and usedit to wage his war.
    He seems to be just beyond the ancients reach, but we dont know, he still retains the knowlege he gained as an ascended being and used it to help him create his initial forces, but hasnt limited his onslaught to ancient technology, he employes goa'uld scientists as we saw in full circle, uses whatever tech he comes across to his advantage, such as how he created the Kull Warrior, using the information he gained from Quinn.
    He seems to know to tread carefuly to avoid the ancients, and has found a nice loophole in the rules that has allowed him to rise to power, and since his defeat, get off earth.
    Think about it, we have never seen him wipe out an enemy like Oma did on Kheb when she wiped out Apophis's ground troops, he has always acted using technology and soliders Just like the rest of the goa'uld, his advantage is he has the knowlege of the Ancients, the Asgard, Tolan (maybe thanks to tanith) and what he got from Jhonas Quinn, in addition to the already impressive knowlege of the goa'uld. JUst me but i think that is a hell of an advantage.

Anubis has certainly used his knowledge in his battles from what he learnt when he asceneded. He gathered all eyes by the end of season six, which was indeed fast and throughout season seven we see him use his skills again by introducing the new Kull Warriors. He has done very well in such little time, however the fall of Anubis may not be as easy as the rise was. The battle in Lost City was a easy victory for Earth but this still hasn't yet stopped Anubis. He's now lost on a icy planet only needing a human host to return through the gate and rise again.
    __

__

Comment

They're going to have to address all of Anubis' cruelty down here on the material plane, aren't they? It's kind of like they're sidestepping it for now, since they forced Anubis back down here but they're not cleaning up after his messes. Too arrogant to use stuff when he really needs to sometimes, I guess. We'll see when they revisit him
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

The Anubis situation certainly needs to be explained in depth on the show, by the end of season eight I think. People are starting to question quite a bit about him!
        __

__

Comment

Yeah. It'd be good if he was like the little man behind the curtain in The Wizard of Oz -- that'd make for some further parallels and a few smart Jack quips. I'd like to see him pay and get his comeppance. Maybe SG-1 tricks him into finding a way he thinks he can ascend completely, but the Ancients are working together with the SGC thanks to the "Oma Desala Fan Club" and knock Anubis down PERMANENTLY back into a little snakey-thing.

Result: he gets squished nice and good by Jack's foot.
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I think if Anubis is eever to be destroyed, Oma herself would have to step in and do it. Nothing else seems to work!
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
              They're going to have to address all of Anubis' cruelty down here on the material plane, aren't they? It's kind of like they're sidestepping it for now, since they forced Anubis back down here but they're not cleaning up after his messes. Too arrogant to use stuff when he really needs to sometimes, I guess. We'll see when they revisit him
              Well, whatever he did must have been really bad.
              Considering the Goa'uld Systemlords threw him out of their little club and tried to kill him.
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Yeah, he helped the Wraith apparently and that's why he is so darn evil!
                __

__

Comment

When did he help the Wraith? I don't remember that.

Wow, if he did help the wraith then he has to play a far greater role than what he has currently been doing, if he had something to do with the downfall of the Ancients then he might have the ability to appear in Atlantis, they might force him to help us to destroy them.

Interesting idea that.
                  "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                  http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Apparently that's what he done. His actions were so bad, even for the Gou'ald, the System Lords banished him for the unspeakable

I agree, if he did help the Wraith, perhaps they'll save him from his exit in Lockdown!
                    __

__

Comment

I thought his bad actions were something like experimenting on symbiotes or testing new technology on other Goa'ulds, it didn't occur to me that he might have helped the Wraith, but wouldn't that be helpful to the Goa'uld?

If Anubis helpted the Wraith kill the Ancients, wouldn't the Goa'uld be happy that they don't have a insanely powerful adversary that is determined to protect humans, the Goa'uld would probably get along with the Wraith in some sick universe.

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        I think if Anubis is eever to be destroyed, Oma herself would have to step in and do it. Nothing else seems to work!
                        I think they could--if we make contact with Atlantis again any time soon--use the device they found this week to capture and hold Anubis for good.

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
                          If Anubis helpted the Wraith kill the Ancients, wouldn't the Goa'uld be happy that they don't have a insanely powerful adversary that is determined to protect humans, the Goa'uld would probably get along with the Wraith in some sick universe.
                          Actually, it more likely the Goa'uld and Wraith would fight each other.
                          The Goa'uld need humans as host and the Wraith need them as food.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I don't know if the device from this weeks atlantis would work, sure it might contain him, but he wouldn't be attracted to the power signal that it uses to attract the energy being.

They might fight each other, but they might have made and agreement that the Wraith have the Pegasus Galaxy and the Goa'uld have the Milky Way or whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
                              I thought his bad actions were something like experimenting on symbiotes or testing new technology on other Goa'ulds, it didn't occur to me that he might have helped the Wraith, but wouldn't that be helpful to the Goa'uld?

It seems people are forgetting the obvious here. Anubis was banished 1,000-3,000 years ago, or there-abouts.

The Wraith-Ancient War took place 5 Million years in the past.

The Wraith have no idea where Earth is.

The Wraith haven't had plentiful "food" for 10,000 years, and have mainly stayed in hibernation for most of that time. If they had access at all to our Galaxy, they would have swarmed in.

The Goa'uld have most likely never left our Galaxy, their ships are far too slow.

Anubis has never helped the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X