Cut the Green one... (Ripple Effect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut the Green one... (Ripple Effect)

So as the 'black' Mitchell steps through the gate in the "The Ripple Effect", he says to our Mitchell "Oh... when the time comes, cut the green one." So, obviously, he's talking about a wire, so where and when do you think our Mitchell will need to cut a green wire?

Any thoughts? I really don't think the writers would throw that in there without coming back to it later...
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
    So as the 'black' Mitchell steps through the gate in the "The Ripple Effect", he says to our Mitchell "Oh... when the time comes, cut the green one." So, obviously, he's talking about a wire, so where and when do you think our Mitchell will need to cut a green wire?

Any thoughts? I really don't think the writers would throw that in there without coming back to it later...
    Ethon.

And I dont know about you but I would be thinking about NOT cutting the green one... especially with the little smirk at the end.

Then again the AU SG-1 was not evil just misguided so maybe he was trying to be helpful, so maybe he should cut the green one.

Maybe the confusion and doubt he will have caused was what made him smirk. Punk.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Ethon.

And I dont know about you but I would be thinking about NOT cutting the green one... especially with the little smirk at the end.

Then again the AU SG-1 was not evil just misguided so maybe he was trying to be helpful, so maybe he should cut the green one.

Maybe the confusion and doubt he will have caused was what made him smirk. Punk.
      You cant know that for sure. There are 3 episodes according to 'in the making' where it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchmega
        You cant know that for sure. There are 3 episodes according to 'in the making' where it could be.
        true, I dont know it for sure... just a guess.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Really, that doesn't help our Mitchell at all.

Wait, he attacked me! I can't cut the green one? But what if he's telling the truth? What if he wants me to believe he's lying? Gah! *cuts green one* Boom.

I'd be pretty damn confused.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Alternate SG-1 wasn't really evil. Just desperate. He probably wanted to help.

Also, cutting the green one will most probably occur somewhere alone the line. Not only did Mitchell say it, "real" Mitchell had to ask Daniel "What was that all about" and Daniel said something like "I don't know, but I'm sure you'll have to face it eventually" and there was dramatic music playing in the background.

Obviously, this WILL happen... the question is not IF but WHEN.

Comment

I like the idea that it will never come up. Mitchel(black) was just screwing with Mitchel(green). He's already shown that he is big into scifi and other pop culture references. The "which wire to cut" is such a cliche'. I think it would be perfectly within character to throw it out as a little "gotcha" to get inside his head. Letting him spend countless hours wondering what he might have been talking about. The little wry smile after he turned supports this theory in my mind.

If the writers use it in the future, so be it. My way is funnier!

Comment

Originally posted by cmuty
                I like the idea that it will never come up. Mitchel(black) was just screwing with Mitchel(green). He's already shown that he is big into scifi and other pop culture references. The "which wire to cut" is such a cliche'. I think it would be perfectly within character to throw it out as a little "gotcha" to get inside his head. Letting him spend countless hours wondering what he might have been talking about. The little wry smile after he turned supports this theory in my mind.

If the writers use it in the future, so be it. My way is funnier!
                I could see that. Plus we all know that when it comes to USAF equipment all the wires are yellow anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  I could see that. Plus we all know that when it comes to USAF equipment all the wires are yellow anyway.
                  Maybe not anymore...Jack did say that when they got back they'd talk to somebody about how poorly that bomb was designed. **that is what you are referencing I assume**

By the way......One of my all time favorite moments of the show
                  Last edited by cmuty; 21 January 2006, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Hmm well I keep thinking that maybe the "evil" sg1 had already experienced the events our the 'good" sg1. For example the sg1 that had Dr. Fraiser on it was just experiencing the plague so our timeline was slightly ahead of there. As this could be the case with the "evil" xg1. There timeline may be ahead of ours the ori may be attacking earth Who knows maybe in season 10 the ori will attack and Sg1 will have to go to another reality and get a Zpm that's not depleated

Comment

Maybe not anymore...Jack did say that when they got back they'd talk to somebody about how poorly that bomb was designed. **that is what you are referencing I assume**
                      yep... but you know how it goes. First they have to discus the change in committee. Then they got to come to a consensus on what the change will be. Then they got to go to committee to decide how to implement the change... then they got to write the documents and procedures for making the change. Then they got to get all of this approved by Congress who will probably complain that it was politically motivated and Kinsey will try to kill it.. Then eventually the change will be implemented and all further bombs will need to be retrofitted with the new standard wiring.... some will be overlooked but obviously not the one Mitchell will come into contact with.

Assuming its a bomb or a human device of any kind or that it wasnt just a joke to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
                        Hmm well I keep thinking that maybe the "evil" sg1 had already experienced the events our the 'good" sg1. For example the sg1 that had Dr. Fraiser on it was just experiencing the plague so our timeline was slightly ahead of there. As this could be the case with the "evil" xg1. There timeline may be ahead of ours the ori may be attacking earth Who knows maybe in season 10 the ori will attack and Sg1 will have to go to another reality and get a Zpm that's not depleated
                        No, according to the alternate universes theory, time is constant. Time is not shifted. Right now in our universe is right now everywhere else. HOWEVER, the chaos theory also plays a part.

If a beetle flaps its wings in Africa, a hurricane might strike against the coast of Florida. So, if Daniel Jackson adjusted his glasses three times more than he usually does, it might have resulted in the Ori attacking sooner.

Or Janet not dying might have somehow delayed our discovery of the Ancient communication device.

Comment

hmm that's very intresting that you mention the chaos theory
                          recently someone explained it like "a butterfly flapping it's wings in Maine causes a earthquake on the other side of the world, though there's also the question why none of the alternate sg-1's has O'neill as there leader.

If your right and time is constant it only means that maybe they have experienced more events quicker and that we are soon to experience them

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
                            hmm that's very intresting that you mention the chaos theory
                            recently someone explained it like "a butterfly flapping it's wings in Maine causes a earthquake on the other side of the world, though there's also the question why none of the alternate sg-1's has O'neill as there leader.

If your right and time is constant it only means that maybe they have experienced more events quicker and that we are soon to experience them
                            No O'neil on any team because in every universe RDA has a kid...simple as that.

Comment

ok well that's anwser's that question but what about the
                              If time is constant it only means that maybe they have experienced more events quicker and that we are soon to experience them
                              in there reality maybe they've used up there zpm cause the ori have attacked, we know for almost a fact that the ori r building an invasion fleet, or may already have one (Beachhead)

Comment

Working...
                              X