PDA

View Full Version : Russian BC-303

spg_1983
February 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
shouldnt the russians have a BC-303 of their own built now? they got the plans for it way back at the begining of season six. even with us screwing them over, surely by now they should have managed to build one of their own? even if its not quite as good as ours.

aAnubiSs
February 22nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Where would they get the trinium from?

DelTrax1
February 22nd, 2005, 02:05 PM
That's true. We only said that we would give them plans not the trinium. But speaking of a new show. That could be it. The Russian spinoff of Stargate but a space ship show.

Keffler
February 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
They havent got half the materials needed for the BC-303, they also said they would let the USA fix the cracks in the plans before building there own.

BTW who is Bart meant to be in your sig? IS he a furling?

spg_1983
February 22nd, 2005, 02:14 PM
Where would they get the trinium from?
so they make it using titanium or something. do you really think the russians are going to let us not honoring our treaty stop them? the russians can be pretty ingenious and industrious. i think that given the plans they should be able tobuild their own ship, if for no other reason to get access to off world resources we have denied them.

Keffler
February 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Theres still the problem of power, they have no asgard hyperdrive so it would take them a while to get some where and they do not have naqadria to power there hyperdrives or nqada generators (even though McKay was sent to help them with it they still have no access to the naquada)

DelTrax1
February 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
They havent got half the materials needed for the BC-303, they also said they would let the USA fix the cracks in the plans before building there own.

BTW who is Bart meant to be in your sig? IS he a furling?

He is probably Jacob. But I am not sure.

Hatcheter
February 22nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
It think it's way to early for the Russians to be building battlecruisers, but they could be working on their own space fighters. As mentioned above, the Russians are pretty inventive, and their "dead" post-Cold War aerospace industry has still been churning out new aircraft over the last decade. It would be reasonable within the Stargate universe for them to build something new.

Could be a nice scene in a season 9 ep: a pair of -302s are settled in high orbit when blips suddenly appear on radar. Before they know what has happened, they've been buzzed by a squadron of Su-47 Star Flankers, who are more than happy to show off their new hardware to the Americans.

alz0rz
February 22nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
It's Sci-Fi, anything is possible! But as pointed out earlier - they dont have the resources required. Plus, they would need alot of private sector help and can't involve too many people without disclosing details, although ... it doesnt necessarily have anything to do with the stargate. :o

Keffler
February 22nd, 2005, 03:30 PM
He is probably Jacob. But I am not sure.

We got:

nox, SG1 (daniel, tealc, jack, carter), genral hammond, replicaters, asgard, goa'uld (im guessin hathor and osiris) and president hayes(?)

so it makes sense bart is either a random tokra or jacob

immhotep
February 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
i thought he was shifu!- the harsisis thingy

SaberBlade
February 24th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Bart is either Shifu or the asscended guy from Kheb. the clothes are like the ones both character wore and since bart is a kid, i'd say Shifu.

i think the biggest reason the Russians haven't started making their own ships is money. when Col.Chekov was talking the the chinese ambassador, it was the cost of the ships he was talking about. the US was paying billions in development for stuff that didn't really work (i.e, the naquadriah generators) so he thought it was good to wait until the US had finished development before they made their own. the BC-303s aren't even completed yet, new stuff is being developed and designed and if the Russians built their own ships now, before a final production version of the Prometheus is done, the Russians would find their ships out of date very fast

other than being able to do X-302s (which would use normal fuel), there is also the fact that the Russians couldn't power BC-302s. the only power source Earth could give the Prometheus was Naquadriah and i don't think the US military would want to give them that considering Major Davis didn't want to give the russians weapons grade Naqudah for Naqudah generators. even then the power source is still unstable and i don't think the Asgard would give the Russians Hyperdrive engines considering they haven't did anything.

then you have the paranoia. even with the agreement, the US has been trying to give the russians nothing. no Naquadia, no info on the ships they had been developing (until Checkov found out) so the US is either paranoid or just trying to keep all the cool stuff to themselves

spg_1983
February 24th, 2005, 12:53 PM
as far as naquada goes, i think people forget that the russians operated their own gate program for a couple months before we found out. so they could have brought substantial amounts of naquada back before it was shut down.

also the russians have proven time and again that they have been able to get a lot of classified info from the stargate program, i.e. being able to run their gate program at the same time as ours, timing their dialings so they didnt interfere with ours.

plus they have also managed to get classified materials from our government, i.e. the symbiote maubourne sold them, so who knows what else they've managed to procure from our government.

that coupled with the fact that we GAVE them the plans for the x-302 and x-303, and russian ingenuity, i think they would have been able to build their own ship by now. as far as cost, colonel chekov said they would be able to build the ships for half the cost.

Steam
February 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I think it would be in the sgcs best intrests to let the plans be used throught out all the nations that no of the stargate that way we can start building a proper fleet, instead of the odd ship everynow and again, all thiought the bad thing is it could be used to make ships to fight earths petty disputes

Indum'kra
August 27th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I mean the US gave them the BC-303 plans, so will we get to see the Russians kicking Ha'tak ass?
Or what about the Chinese, British and the French? Surely they all got BC-303 plans as well?
What should these ships be called? The Deadluski? :p

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 27th, 2005, 04:57 PM
i though they only gave them the f-302

Indum'kra
August 27th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Well if Earth wants a protective fleet I imagine all the countries who have been disclosed would chip in and build a few ships.

I keep spelling the Deadalus's name wrong....

jenks
August 27th, 2005, 05:28 PM
The US has interpreted the treaty to mean that they should share all tech procured through the stargate, apart from military tech :rolleyes:

SG-1ssm
August 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I hope we will. How do you say raise sheilds in Russian? lol

drronin112
August 27th, 2005, 08:01 PM
"Экраны Повышения" Is "Raise Shields" in Russian according to The babelfish. However you pronounce that...I haven't a clue.

But if you want to run all kinds of things through the translator, just search for babelfish and go to the Alta Vista babelfish site. It's fun.

Xanderic
August 27th, 2005, 08:29 PM
lol i don't think we'd be seeing a russian ship considering how Stargate is mainly in ENGLISH

Tain
August 27th, 2005, 09:54 PM
That and realistically, the Russian Federation would have nowhere near the funds required to build or maintain such a craft. Frankly i am suprised the 3 ships the SGC has haven't devoured the gateverse US economy. Just imagining the cost of constructing such craft makes me weep for all that lost imaginary money. When you factor in the costs of not only training the crew, training the scientists and engineers responsible for interfacing the non-human technology, cost of raw materials for the ship, learning how to actually create a spaceworthy craft (for the first time) from all these materials, and then trying to keep it all secret... The cost would be immesurable.

A UN style international co-op to build a few would be more believable, if harder to keep secret.

kirmit
August 28th, 2005, 01:09 AM
bring on the british cruiser i say, I think international ship are not that far off.

walterIsTheMan
August 28th, 2005, 02:10 AM

it is established in both "Redemption" and "Disclosure" that they got the 303 plans.

as to whether we'll see a Russian ship, i think we will. i know the pessimists will say the Russians cant afford it, but i think that the Russian military, both real and the gateverse one, has demonstrated that they are more than willing to spend every penny they have putting together poorly built military technology, even if their country is starving. so i think we'll see one, it probably wont work as good as the US ones though lol.

also i think the US probably can afford to make the ships. its similiar on a cost scale to building an aircraft carrier, but one big difference that would reduce the cost of building a 302, 303 or Daedalus-class ship is the material cost. when the navy hires outside construction companies to build naval vessels, the materials price is included, which the construction company then buys from a supplier. in the case of these ships however, there is a much smaller materials cost. while it does cost the air force to mine, process, and refine trinium and naquadah, there is no middle man taking out profit. and for all we know, air force engineers may be doing all the assembly so there might not be any construction fees either. i think the bigger question is why hasnt anyone noticed yet? while the price may be feasiblie, someone has got to be noticing that the defense budget has jumped billions of dollars

nimitz
August 28th, 2005, 05:12 AM
I read somewhere that actually other countries had chipped in funds for the bc-303s so maybe well see brits onboard lol.But because america has most knowledge of alien technology .They are in charge of the ships and the also they did most of the funding.
I expect this chipping in was to get knowledge of the ships technology, so they can buld their own.

Carl
August 28th, 2005, 08:42 AM
There might be one which is made an international ship with an international crew but I'm not so sure that each of the involved countries will design, build and finance their own individual ships.

Universal Nexus
August 28th, 2005, 09:15 AM
i think the bigger question is why hasnt anyone noticed yet? while the price may be feasiblie, someone has got to be noticing that the defense budget has jumped billions of dollars

I can't speak for the entire US, but here where I am the "average" person doesn't really pay attention to the government budget and the people that do almost always look at it in a partisan way. The people that would truly, neutrally wonder where the money was going would probably be called conspiracy theorists for it. Or be dragged away in the middle of the night by the Men In Black. :p :D

Anyway, that's just here. Not sure about the rest of the country, though.

PS: I'd love to see a Russian ship! One designed by them, preferably. I'd like to see what sorts of design differences there would be between the US and Russian ones.

walterIsTheMan
August 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I can't speak for the entire US, but here where I am the "average" person doesn't really pay attention to the government budget and the people that do almost always look at it in a partisan way. The people that would truly, neutrally wonder where the money was going would probably be called conspiracy theorists for it. Or be dragged away in the middle of the night by the Men In Black. :p :D

Anyway, that's just here. Not sure about the rest of the country, though.

PS: I'd love to see a Russian ship! One designed by them, preferably. I'd like to see what sorts of design differences there would be between the US and Russian ones.

lol i agree that everyday people wouldnt pick up on it, but not all of congress and the senate have the security clearance to know about the gate. in the past they have worked around this without congressional oversite (see "Prometheus"), but it to pay for the SGC, prometheus, daedalus, odyssey, the 302's, and all the technology inside them, they cant hide it from congress forever lol

Gargen
August 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
This would be a great scene, a space battle Orii vs Human, A fleet of 303's from nations all over the world, each with its squadrons of 302's now that would be mind blowing.

Beal
August 28th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Colonel Commie (Sorry, I can't remember the russian guys name) said in the season 7 clip show that once the US worked the kinks out of the 303s design, they'd start building their own at half the price.

Universal Nexus
August 28th, 2005, 12:18 PM
lol i agree that everyday people wouldnt pick up on it, but not all of congress and the senate have the security clearance to know about the gate. in the past they have worked around this without congressional oversite (see "Prometheus"), but it to pay for the SGC, prometheus, daedalus, odyssey, the 302's, and all the technology inside them, they cant hide it from congress forever lol

Ahhh, I see your point. Indeed. But I dunno, maybe the smart members of congress have been briefed about it and the "everyday intellect" equivilent congressmen are just left to prattle on endlessly with their partisan squabbles? :p That's about all I can figure.

And maybe the almighty Plot Device. ;)

walterIsTheMan
August 28th, 2005, 12:21 PM
And maybe the almighty Plot Device. ;)

*whispers* shh! thats a secret ;)

drronin112
August 28th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hallowed are the Plot devices.

In the Book of Scripts it is written that When man doth see the show, if he be of intelligence he shalt question the sincerity of the Great writers on high. But if he be of faith, he shalt question not the grand design of the writers on high and their tools the Plot devices...and they shalt live in blissfull ignorance of the plot devices, but shalt revel in them and enjoy them each week without question.

Hallowed be the plot devices...

EnigmaNZ
August 29th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Look at any modern Russian warship, bristling with weapons, their version of the Prometheus would be much better armed with earth tech, but as the asgard would probably not play ball, would be inferior in sheilding and energy weapons. Be fitted with earth sensors, some goa'uld, naquadah enhanced nukes, rail guns, heavily armoured in lieu of sheilds, ring transporters only, fighters, shuttles, etc

Cronus
August 29th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Colonel Commie (Sorry, I can't remember the russian guys name) said in the season 7 clip show that once the US worked the kinks out of the 303s design, they'd start building their own at half the price.

Yeah, I was just gonna point that out. I thought it was earlier than season 7 though?

Anyway, the Russians are most likely waiting to get the Daedelus's plans....either that or they already have their own ship.... Either way it would be cool to see the fleet of a united Earth kick ass. :p

Colonel_Sheppard
August 29th, 2005, 02:16 AM
With the recent(and not so recent) news about Russian subs getting stuck on the bottom of the ocean... I'm not to eager to see a Russian ship. Infact, I would pray for the souls on that ship. They could lose pressure and the ship would fall apart from the inside out... or get stuck at the bottom of a Hyperspace tunnel...

Either way, all of the examples of Russian technology I have seen/heard about, I wouldn't volunteer to be on one of those ships.

P.S. I know ships can't really get stuck at the bottom of a hyperspace tunnel... thats a joke for all you slugs out there.

Cronus
August 29th, 2005, 02:20 AM
ROFL.....well a Russian ship wouldn't be that reliable but it would be interesting to think they had built one.....not told the US.....launched it and had it in orbit above earth.....and then the SGC go to destroy it. :p

Qasim
August 29th, 2005, 03:22 AM
I doubt the russians can afford to build daedalus-class ships

nimitz
August 29th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Why quasimjavid couldnt they.The military is very well funded and everything is still very secretive.Their people would be less likely to find out about it than the american people.And while i dont think theyll build daedulas class ships.More prommies cause their cheaper, smaller,easier to mantain.
Also i reckon the asgard gave america technology to build their own sheilds,hyperdrives,sensors etc.Because im sure Thor couldnt be bothered to constantly fly from otthala(or whereever their homeworld is) to earth.

EnigmaNZ
August 30th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Russian ship

Class - modified Prometheus

Admiral (insert name)

Length - 300m

Construction - due to the unavailabilty of trinium and naquadah, the ship is constructed of titanium / ceramic / boron laminate, with an internal kelvar anti spalling layer, and replacable reactive outer panels. The thickness varies from 0.5 meters, to 1 meter over important areas. The frame is titanium.

Power - naquadah main generator plus backups.

Propulsion - hyperspace window generator with 100Ly range, 30 minute cool down required between jumps. Maximum velocity 10C.

Propulsion - sublight and planetary travel using ion engines and inertial dampeners. Anti-grav system for planetry landings and takeoffs. Maximum sublight velocity 50,000 Kps.

Shields - none at this time.

Sensors - earth / goa'uld. LADAR, phased radar, radio and optical telescopes, goa'uld to level of a tel'tak.

Transporters - goa'uld ring type.

Communication - earth laser / radio frequency incrypted.

Cloak - none at this time.

Weapons - railguns; heavy dual 1 meter spinal rail cannon, naquadah enhanced nuclear rounds, velocity 25 Kps, yeild 1 Gt, 4 rpm per gun, 100 rounds. Medium; 5 x 100 mm rapid fire turreted RG, naquadah enhanced mirco-nuke rounds, velocity 5 Kps, yield 150 Kt, 40 rpm, 1000 rounds per gun. CIWS, 10 x 20 mm gatling type RG, DU shells, velocity 5 Kps, 3500 rpm, 15,000 rounds per gun. DEW; 5 glider type cannon in CIWS mounts. 2 Alkesh type cannon in dorsal and ventral mounts. Missiles; 24 large vls silos, 24 missiles, advanced chemical propulsion, secure uplink, manuevuring, naquadah enhanced warhead, yield 1 Gt, max velocity 50,000 Kph, passive and active homing. 96 medium vls, 96 missiles plus 96 reloads, advanced chemical propulsion, secure uplink, high G manuevuring, naquadah enhanced warhead, yield 150 Kt, max velocity 15,000 Kph, passive and active homing. 10 BPDS systems attached to CIWS, 8 missiles per system, 800 reloads, advanced chemical propulsion, secure uplink, high G manuevuring, shaped charge warhead, max velocity 5,000 Kph, passive and active homing.

Fighters - 8 x F-302R, space modified advanced fighter sensors and radar, short endurance rocket, aerospike / jet propulsion, short takeoff in gravity well, center and wing hardpoints, wingroot mounted 20 mm RG, 1200 rpm, 500 rounds.

Other - fully equiped trauma unit with recovery beds, 2 multi purpose labs, VIP quarters. Platoon sized permanent assault unit, light weapons and ground vehicles.

DeLancey
September 13th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Interesting..
I would also like to see a russian ship purely so that I can hear 'raise shields and prepare to return fire' in russian ;)

Freke348
September 13th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Since the x-303's use Asgard technology it would seem as if the Russians would have to get it from the Asgard. And the asgard seem reluctant to get involved with anyone besides the SGC. Its probably more likley that they have Russian and people from other countries on a ship that under a US commander like atlantis. I don't think the SGC still gives all alien tech to the other countries.

Erised
September 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM
"Экраны Повышения" Is "Raise Shields" in Russian according to The babelfish. However you pronounce that...I haven't a clue.

But if you want to run all kinds of things through the translator, just search for babelfish and go to the Alta Vista babelfish site. It's fun.
or you could just ask me :p

and Qasim, stop saying that we can't afford anything BIG. I hate it when people say that we are poor when the only thing they've seen are pictures of poor people who are just as poor as any American could be.

drronin112
September 13th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Well Please Kind Sir...How is it pronounced? Unfortunatly the Local schools don't really offer Russian as a Foreign language otherwise I could learn on my own.

And yeah...I think it's kind of horrible that everyone assumes that Russia is this huge poverty stricken Bolshivik state still. But Sterotypes unfortunatly linger and cold-war propoganda is what most of us grew up with.

EnigmaNZ
September 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Russia is so resouce rich that once they modernise they will be, or could be, as wealthy as the US easily, a slightly lower per capita income is offsett by the larger population.

Indum'kra
September 14th, 2005, 01:01 PM
The problem with Translations to russian is that I can't read them >(

Erised
September 14th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Hmm, for 'raise shields and prepare to return fire' I got поднимите щиты, и подготовитесь возвращать огонь(пожар) from http://ets6.freetranslation.com/
English to anything or anything to english is weird anyway as our syntax is different.

yea

raise shields (поднимите щиты) - podnimite shiтy (woops the last word sounds dirty in english )

prepare to return fire - подготовитесь возвращать огонь is podgotovtes' vozvrashat' ogon'

пожар is when a building/car is burnuing.

Charles17
September 14th, 2005, 08:44 PM
i dont think a russian ship would work that well... lol

Erised
September 15th, 2005, 03:43 AM
haha. Yes very funny

/sarcasm

True!Ancient
September 15th, 2005, 04:18 AM
I mean the US gave them the BC-303 plans, so will we get to see the Russians kicking Ha'tak ass?
Or what about the Chinese, British and the French? Surely they all got BC-303 plans as well?
What should these ships be called? The Deadluski? :p
dont really matter when we do see them cos the makers of SG will make them look crap like russian subs pipes all over

the Fifth Race
September 15th, 2005, 06:03 AM
The US has interpreted the treaty to mean that they should share all tech procured through the stargate, apart from military tech :rolleyes:

I thought that we agreed to share all tech with the Russians we get from anywhere via the gate (military or otherwise)?. Then it was up to the Russians to do with as they please, whether they wanted to use the tech to build there own kind of ships. Maybe the Russians simply cannot afford to develope and build stuff like we have.

Wandering Tamer
September 15th, 2005, 07:57 AM
It doesn't matter what we give them, the only reason we have asgard tech is because Thor was wanting to repay O'Neill for saving them. There's no way the Russians would get any of it, and it's so far advanced, we couldn't backwards engineer it. So... we might see a Russian ship the SGC ships would have a huge advantage.

EnigmaNZ
September 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM
The Asgard would be well aware of the recent cold war, and with the China / Taiwan problem, China versus SE Asia, they are not silly enough to hand out offensive items willy nilly. In fact it seems that has stopped altogether.

The Russian salvaged the gate from the ocean, and no doubt got some pieces of weckage from Thors ship as well. If Osiris's ship has been ignored by the US, it's a bet there's Russian salvage efforst proceeding, if it was fully equiped, then it has a lot of gluiders, alkesh, heavy transports and teltaks on board. a gold mine, especially as it was one of Anubis's ships.

A Russian ship may not have shields or beaming technoloagy, but you can image it with thicker laminated armour along with active armour to compensate, enhanced missiles, their ABMD missiles around Moscow can accelerate at 400g's, that 4Kps/s, with a Russian naquadah enhanced warhead and shield piercing tech (useful against some vessels that don't rotate their shield frequencies) along with railguns, lasers, etc the Russian ship will be quiet formidable. More battlestar like. It will be built by hand picked workers so should be fairly well built and reliable

Quakerbone
September 15th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I don't know much about Russian politics or government, but I think they would have enough domestic trouble already. The country is slowly modernizing, and there is still stuff left over from the Cold War to clean up. I can't imagine a nation with even one state in frequent trouble/rebellion being able to focus funds and work on building a reliable warship with extremely advanced technology. (Can hardly imagine the US doing that either, for that matter)

Of course, if the Russians could get a ship, they wouldn't need to complain about the old Stargate rivalry, since we took theirs a few years ago. Help the Russians build a ship, and use it to finish off that debate. Having an international fleet would take a lot of pressure off of the US for protecting the planet. Prometheus and the Russian ship could take turns on diplomacy/exploration and defense.

As for the Brits, it would make sense to either wait for the EU or NATO to solidify a little more before giving plans for a 303 to a decentralized government. Sorry, but if the US and Russia have ships, a third international ship should represent a more sizeable portion of the world, population and economy-wise.

And if anyone suggests China, I would have to say: NO. The Chinese government has just put a man in space. Give the Chinese government a warship, and one of two things would happen:
1) Those fancy oil reserves in Mongolia and Siberia would suddenly find new owners
OR 2) The space race/disclosure argument would heat up when 'China becomes the first nation to leave the solar system' headlines newspapers and the country claims superiority for being the first to build an interstellar warship.