Concept Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept Art

I thought it would be nice to have a thread to put all the concept art in...
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

There's concept art?
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
      There's concept art?
      Yup. Concept art will be coming up with the new episodes. Peter (TechnoWraith) has got some nice things in the works.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Oh, cool. I can't wait to see what you've come up with. I'm interested to see if the pictures I have in my mind when I'm reading the episodes are close to what you intended them to look like.
        Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

Indeed.

Prometheus, I'm not sure if you've seen Joe Hodkiss's renditions of Sato and Callen yet. Not sure if you'd call 'em concept drawings, but they're excellent drawings.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
            Indeed.

Prometheus, I'm not sure if you've seen Joe Hodkiss's renditions of Sato and Callen yet. Not sure if you'd call 'em concept drawings, but they're excellent drawings.
            I did get to see the rendition of Sato the other day and I thought it was excellent. I'll have to go back and look for the one of Callen. Thanks for the heads up!
            Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

Wasnt there a concept of the Valiant?
              sigpic

Comment

Omigash... *dies*

Concept art? In all seriousness of the phrase, concept art?
                Those two little words are enough to put me into a head spin, the number one thing I want to be is a Concept Artist, creatures in particular. Show us indeed!

Comment

Yeah, Callen's in the same topic. There was also a concept of the Valiant in the "Valiant" episode topic.

The concept drawings coming up are basically layouts of the Bellerophon. Hopefully we can get some Enoly/Draque concepts out soon.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Hey gang.

It's nice to know there's interest in the concept art side of Stargate Horizon. It's a rewarding experience, and i'm sure there will be a time when more than one concept artist will be needed.

Right now, i'm finalizing a few concepts that you guys will be seeing very soon in the Stargate horizon series. Stay tuned!

As for sharing the concept art, i'm guessing that's something that will occur after a particular concept premieres in the series, so as not to spoilerize anyone or give away a major plot line too early. Alex will probably provide more insight on this aspect, as i think it would be neat for the fans to see how a particular concept developed.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
                      Yeah, Callen's in the same topic. There was also a concept of the Valiant in the "Valiant" episode topic.

The concept drawings coming up are basically layouts of the Bellerophon. Hopefully we can get some Enoly/Draque concepts out soon.
                      If you're interested in creature or humanoid concepts I could probably be of assistance there. I haven't read much into the horizon series but I got pretty far into the first episode quite a while back and learned a bit about the Draque.
                      Are you guys currently open for another concept artist?

Comment

Originally posted by caskin
                        If you're interested in creature or humanoid concepts I could probably be of assistance there. I haven't read much into the horizon series but I got pretty far into the first episode quite a while back and learned a bit about the Draque.
                        You'd have to send Alex a PM and ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                          You'd have to send Alex a PM and ask him.
                          Righto... Thanks!

I'll be eagerly awaiting those concepts in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by caskin
                            We're looking for more concept artists as well as CG artists (so far things on the CG front are still moving very slow, due to lack of people for that). If you're interested to join as a concept artist, let me know.

For working as a concept artist, you'd have to be willing to familiarize yourself with the series, though - mainly the current episodes. That just helps with getting all the ideas across, and you'll be able to incorporate your own ideas to which I always encourage designers.

I will say the show has come such a long way since the pilot.
                            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well I thought it would be nice to have a thread where you can find all the art released.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X