This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis slumbering in the bottom of the ocean

You no how the ancients submerged Atlantis, does the shield protect its top section only or the bottom because if they submerged the city would water go in from the sides I mean what stops the water from rising as the city goes down?
    Last edited by Steven_the_Atlantean; 14 March 2006, 08:54 PM. Reason: The Ancients Submerging atlantis

I would say the shield would have lasted for about another 10 years or so. It probably depends on the stress on the shield.
    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Rodney said for a couple of more years/hundred more years. Can't remember for sure. But it doesn't matter, now does it? If the original Weir hadn't wandered to Atlantis with her (now dead) expedition, the city would've just lain there 'til the ocean came crashing down on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_the_Atlantean
        You no how the ancients submerged Atlantis, does the shield protect its top section only or the bottom because if they submerged the city would water go in from the sides I mean what stops the water from rising as the city goes down?
        I think the underneath of Atlantis must be sealed and the shield must go around the whole city because its a space ship and had to fly in space with atmosphere in there for the ancients.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

correct me if i was wrong. but wouldnt the city being under water, drain the zpm's power at a very rapid rate. because it is under constant stress from the water againat the shield???

Comment

ZPM's are way better than alkaline batteries so the Ancients obviously knew what they were doing.
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne
              correct me if i was wrong. but wouldnt the city being under water, drain the zpm's power at a very rapid rate. because it is under constant stress from the water againat the shield???
              Yes, but because the city didn't need to put in power to anything else (other than Elizabeth's stasis chamber, and I think that would only qualify as a little blip on the ZPM energy monitor), it could last a good long while
              Spoiler:
              If the reason for this question is what was happening to the Puddle Jumper shield in Grace Under Pressure, you have to remember that the Puddle Jumper's energy source is probably not the same as that of a ZPM. Its power would drain more rapidly than 3 ZPM's worth.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                Yes, but because the city didn't need to put in power to anything else (other than Elizabeth's stasis chamber, and I think that would only qualify as a little blip on the ZPM energy monitor), it could last a good long while
                Spoiler:
                If the reason for this question is what was happening to the Puddle Jumper shield in Grace Under Pressure, you have to remember that the Puddle Jumper's energy source is probably not the same as that of a ZPM. Its power would drain more rapidly than 3 ZPM's worth.
                Spoiler:

Also, the Puddle Jumper was never designed to have a shield in the first place. They were cross-wiring a Stealth Mode Generator to approximate a shield generator. That also probably limited the lifetime severely.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

The bottom of the city is probably just sealed shut from any water being able to come thru.
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I believe that the shield goes around the entire city, but we only see the top portion since its on the surface of the ocean.

About the ZPM, when the ancients left the city, there were 3 fully powered ZPM's, and since they were running in parallel with each other, it provided more amperage to handle the heavy load, and as long as the city laid dorment and not under stress from attack or something else being turned on, it could stay submerged for a very long time.

Comment

I believe the shield surrounds just the top because the bottem part of atlantis might be water or air tight.but that also cant be true because in space the enemy could just attack the bottem part of atlantis and blow them up.
                      sigpic

Comment

heres a question...because elizibeth went back in time and told the ancients that the 3 ZPM's would be empty when her expidition team comes...how come the ancients didnt make any spare ZPM's and leave them there to be placed into Atlantis so they can power the shield?

Comment

To be honest i would kinda have to agree with that something i wondered why there was no more ZPM's.

But they did leave in a hurry and well if you will would need all the power they could get to wereever they may of left to and no reside if they do so reside anywere.

But that is just my opinion on that though

Comment

Originally posted by llama
                            heres a question...because elizibeth went back in time and told the ancients that the 3 ZPM's would be empty when her expidition team comes...how come the ancients didnt make any spare ZPM's and leave them there to be placed into Atlantis so they can power the shield?
                            Because you saw the councils of Atlantis reaction in “Before I Sleep”, They were shocked not that Atlantis would have been destroyed but in changing the future, I guess they didn’t leave any Zedpms behind as it’s not safe to go off world as if the wraith are everywhere waiting on the other side for them! Think about it this way when your angry you don’t think well when you take action that’s it so when they began to evacuate there’s no time for them to make it because the longer they stay more power of the Zedpm losses. But that tells us one thing about Atlantis tho, that it doesn’t contain a Zero Point Module Factory because in Rising Part 2, The city was still powered up and Mackay searched it, there was no results and IF they found one they could of easy shut down systems and interface it with the factory for a limited of time while a zedpm is being made, the shields collapse but Atlantis will have a functioning Zedpm is on their hand and with that they would of made more but it didn’t happen because their wasn’t any!

Comment

Working...
                            X