Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Would You Send the Energy Spoilers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Would You Send the Energy Spoilers?

In Lost and Found, the A-Team sent the semi-sentient energy-shadow to a desert world. Was this the best idea? I would have gated to the Wraith homeworld and let the creature run havoc with them. Surely the double-yous couldn't suck dry the creature. Even Ancient technology couldn't handle the energy-shadow at its current size, so I doubt that the Wraith could either. They would probably find a way to send it somewhere else, like the A-Team did, but not before some serious damage.

The gate above the wraith world is in space... how would it get down to the planet? Its energy gravity wouldn't effect it, (and i haven't seen the episode yet) but im assuming its movement requires friction with the air or some kind of surface it would just drift in space.

Comment

Yeah, this topic was being discussed somewhere else, but sin ce I don't know the link, I can't give it!
      __

__

Comment

Lostinmyownvoid, energy falls the same as gravity. It would simply fall onto the planet

Comment

Yeah, you'd probably slowly go downwards!
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
            Lostinmyownvoid, energy falls the same as gravity. It would simply fall onto the planet
            Energy has no mass therefore gravity has no effect on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
              I thought the point was that there wouldn't be any gravity where the gate was?
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

there is gravity by the orbiting stargate on the wraith planet...its gravity that keeps it in orbit, gravityactually extends for an inifinite range, it just gets weaker and weaker the further you are from the gravity source.

The energy being didnt seem to have any trouble floating about the base at will, so it could have easily floated from the wraith gate and down to the planet. I guess the writers didnt want to deal the wraith a crippling blow so early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
                  Energy has no mass therefore gravity has no effect on it.
                  You obviously missed the show when Albert Einstein said "E = mc²".

Comment

Originally posted by zeta101
                    I guess the writers didnt want to deal the wraith a crippling blow so early on.
                    Well, the Wraith is being said to have technical capatibilities that more or less matched that of the Ancients. It might not be a great idea to send something like this to your technically advanced enemy.

Comment

The acceleration of an object due to the earth's gravity is independent of its mass (to a first-order approximation, of course)! It only depends on the earth's mass, actually.

Comment

I wouldn't have sent it there, period. It makes no military sense what-so-ever. There is a distinct possibility that the Wraith could actually suck the thing dry, feeding the lot of them quite a bit.

To the one who said the Ancients couldn't handle the thing, that was never said, nor implied. They never had want to hurt it, but they did trap and study it for quite a long time, thus they could handle it quite well.

Comment

I wish someone had sent the Shadow to the Wraith world! That would have been AWESOME! Why didn't anyone think of that?! That would have been much cooler, and they would have dealt an incredible blow to the Wraith.

Obviously that ship would have immediately drawn the creature too it, even though the Shadow would be in orbit. After it was done draining that naquadah reacter it would have been HUGE and caused a lot of damage to the Wraith "mothership," and maybe would have killed a few of the SOBs in the process! We would have had our revenge for Colonel Sumner, to some degree.

Oooh, it gets even better! The entity would likely stay around the Stargate while it was draining the naquadah reactor. The Wraith would send Darts to investigate, and they would get "eaten up" by the Shadow and cause it to grow larger, and surround the gate more.

If any Wraith Darts dialled the Gate and tried to escape, the entity would draw power from the gate (for at least 38 minutes) and grow exponentially larger. So, the Wraith would not be able to use the gate, which keeps Pegasus safe, and Wraith could not escape.

Once the entity was done draining the Terran naquadah reactor, the Wraith Darts, and the Stargate (whenever it was active) it would seek the next largest power source; the Wraith "mothership." Of course the Wraith would have to survive, but the Shadow attack would limit their capability (and they could possibly lose their mothership) which helps level the playing field and allow us humans from Earth to be able to effectively defeat the Wraith (eventually) when the Ancients could not.

The story practically writes itself! The only flaw I could see is if the entity went to the Sun as the largest power source instead of the ship, but if it's smart enough not to go back to its cage, its smart enough not to go after a star.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Bravo!

I wish the series writers had more imagination

Comment

As GShans pointed out, we don't know for sure if the Wraith could consume the energy being for sustenance. If they could, we'd be in pretty big trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X