Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I think it'd be useless unless you've got a similar sized one to connect to.

Comment

You know, I was just watching Thirdspace

But back on topic....

Its probably just a powerful one way transportation device.
      sigpic

Comment

This is an interesting development. I'm inclined to believe it would work much like the gate system developed by the ancients, but given the dominating nature of the Ori, they built a separate system of their own, designed to their needs.

The ancients weren't interested in conquest, at least that's what they want us to believe, but the Ori could build a system of these massive gates and do tremendous damage to their enemies with little or no loss of (their) life. Transport (via ship/s) one of these massive gates to a star system and use it to gate a planet out of the star system and into a barren lifeless void. This would doom not only the planet, but the entire star system it came from. At least I think it would, but I don't know physics.

Of course they could *just have a huge portal generator at a stationary location from which they could* stage massive invasions against inferior foes and subjugate them.

*edit*
        Last edited by Quartz; 05 July 2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Anything the size of a planet not a moon a planet. Forget the power. Imagine the manpower. And ships they must have. Their buliding tech would rival the ancients if not be far superior.

Comment

Looking way to deep. Back away..... I repeat, back away......
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Why bother putting up a spoiler warning if YOU'RE GOING TO PUT THE SPOILER IN THE TITLE?!!! Thanks a lot!
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Ok so I just read part one of the interview with Brad Wright and Robert Cooper....and they said that the Ori are the original Ancients. The Ori ARE Ancients. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. They think it's wrong NOT to interfere. Unlike "our" Ancients...So I'm thinking that since the Ori are the original Ancients, that the Ori Galaxy is probably where the Ancients....all Ancients.....came from. So if we assume that the Ancients are the Gatebuilders, then now I'm thinking that these gate-like devices ARE in fact REALLY HUGE Stargates! I mean, "our" Ancients made these small gates....it's plausible to think now that the "Original" Ancients can make MUCH BIGGER gates. I mean, I'm still positive that they couldn't dial out to a smaller Stargate....but I think now that in the Ori Galaxy those HUGE gates might be the norm. Cause they've had all this time to perfect the art of making gates, because even though they're ascended they don't just sit there and do nothing. This is insane, I'm still reeling. So my guess is that "our" Ancients were a faction of the Original Ancients that broke off and left their Galaxy and came here. Probably because of their differnce in opinion about interfering/not interfering. There's so much more I wanna say but can't think of, and also not wanting to get TOO far off-topic. Big....Honkin'......STARGATES! WOW.

Comment

I like the idea of making bigger gates. That gives the show the ability to open up more. If Earth were somehow to get one of these gates, entire starships can be transports all of the galaxy.

Comment

Heres a thought, do these new massive gates dial like regular gates? If they do, each chevron would be huge, maybe the size of Europe any ideas?
                    "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

I say it should be a wormhole for massive fleet transportations.

But we do not know if the Ori have ships or if they need them or not.

Comment

I don't like the idea of the Ori being the original ancients I liked them being a seperate race.

Comment

Another thing is maybe that article was just an exxageration. Maybe it's a huge honkin' Stargate, that most average ships, (Prometheus, Daedulus, Hatak, Asgard, etc.), could go through. But not actually the size of a planet.

Comment

we dont even know where the ori galaxy is..
                            for all we know it could be on the other end of the universe.. maybe they use that bigass stargate to travel very far.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                              I don't like the idea of the Ori being the original ancients I liked them being a seperate race.
                              I agree. Making them yet another faction of Ancients kinda sucks some of the depth away from the Stargate universe. Instead of a few uber-advanced races hanging around in places, they just have the Ancients who seemed to have done everything back in the day. Sometimes I think the Ori being ascended furlings would be a better idea.

How confirmed is this "big stargate" rumor? Honestly, it seems kinda cheap to me as well, but they could pull it off without seeming like a B5 jumpgate ripoff. Otherwise, they might as well send out the newly built Ancient Tech enhanced BC-303 Excalibur (the sword's just an artsy power source) to search the galaxy for a cure to the Drah... Ori plague.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

What if this could be the purpose of the 9th chevron? Something to do with giant gates. P.S. People stop saying "Big Honkin' Magnets." It's stupid and old. Geesh it gets annoying when I see that.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Working...
                                X